PDA

View Full Version : Code of Honor on ESPN

PhiI C
12-12-2005, 10:43 PM
It was on ESPN Saturday night. I am sure it will be repeated. It was about the Army cheating scandal in 1950 in which many of Army's good players were kicked out of the Academy including Coach Blaik's (spelling?) son. Vince Lombardi was also coaching there too. I wonder what he knew about the cheating if anything. Anyway I am not sure how historically accurate the movie is but it is a fairly good movie. Basically according to the movie the students who took tests first would memorize the questions and the get them to the students who took the tests later but they would have the answers. I don't know if that was what really happened but it wouldn't have worked for me in college because the professors were smart enought to always give different test questions to different classes. At least that was what I was told. LOL

sinton66
12-12-2005, 11:07 PM
But, this is the Army, Phil. The Army never does anything logical.:D

Astrosdawg07
12-13-2005, 12:03 AM
Anyhow it was a great movie.

Whsdogs
12-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Anyhow it was a great movie.

yah i liked the movie as well..

sahen
12-13-2005, 05:02 AM
It was said that Lombardi and Blaik really had no idea of what was going on (according to ESPN)....even when the players confronted Blaik about it he didnt understand the magnitude until he was basically told he was going to lose almost all of his lettermen, he then tried to save them but they had done wayyy to much stuff wrong to be saved, esp. from an institution w/ the reputation of Westpoint....

JustAFan
12-13-2005, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I don't know if that was what really happened but it wouldn't have worked for me in college because the professors were smart enought to always give different test questions to different classes.

Yeah, but when you have an Honor Code that says, "A Cadet will not lie, cheat or steal, nor tolerate those who do" the P's shouldn't really have to worry about writing tests with different questions.

Phil C
12-13-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by JustAFan
Yeah, but when you have an Honor Code that says, "A Cadet will not lie, cheat or steal, nor tolerate those who do" the P's shouldn't really have to worry about writing tests with different questions.

But why take the chance? Why be lazy? No harm in removing temptation even under a code of honor. Adam was more perfect than any of us and yet he couldn't resist temptation of the forbidden fruit. We shouldn't expect any less from young men even under a code of honor. Just make different tests. Come on professors. Don't be lazy up there at Army. My college Ps weren't.

Phil C
12-13-2005, 09:42 AM
The main thing is that too many lost their composure.

http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Old_School=composure.wav

JustAFan
12-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Guess I am just old-fashioned when it comes to the Honor Code. Or maybe it is because I lived it and believe in it.

AggieJohn
12-13-2005, 11:01 AM
funny clip phil......oh and the honor code i guess A&M ripped from the army, bucause the aggie code of honor is that "an aggie will not lie, cheat, or steal, or tolorate those who do"