PDA

View Full Version : Cunnings or Holsey in '06 ???

Sweetwater Red
12-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Just trying to get everyones opinion. Who takes the first snap next year?

sweetwater07
12-12-2005, 10:17 PM
i say Holsey for sure....Thomas is very very nice as QB and works really hard in the filedhouse and on the field...i think he starts next year unless by some chance Jackson puts in Cunnings in because of his seniority

aggie fan
12-12-2005, 10:31 PM
i agree... but cunnings is definatly a possibility

smustangs
12-12-2005, 10:40 PM
can someone tell me bout this holsey kid dont no any thing about him y wasnt he travelin in the playoffs and playin if hes so special?

Sweetwater Red
12-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Just moved here. I have seen him play. He has been QBin' the
JV. He is living with his aunt and uncle. Therefore, he wasn't
eligible to go varsity per UIL rules. He is definitely a play maker.

red4ver
12-12-2005, 11:34 PM
I watched him play some on JV. The kid is unbelievably quick and tough. This kid lived here when he was younger, moved back and gave up a year of eligiblity just to be a Mustang. I think he came from Weatherford. Someone said his mom was a good athlete for Sweetwater when she was young.

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2005, 12:04 AM
If his momma is who I think it is, then yes. She excelled in track.
But, not in speed. Ask S-wtrMustangFan. I think his brother in-law
is Thomas' uncle.

stangpride
12-13-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
is Thomas' uncle.

yes his brother-in-law is is uncle that he lives with his mom was great at softball and volleyball but i havnt heard nething other than that so i dont know bout track but he is a great athlete with a lot of heart

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2005, 12:20 AM
I went to school with her. I think she shot putted and threw the
discus.

S-WtrMustangFan
12-13-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
is Thomas' uncle. His mom was a pitcher for the girls softball team.Thomas is a great athlete he is fast and very mobile.I have seen him many times this year put moves on people that left them standing there with there heads shaking back and forth.He has a good arm too and can hit his target.He makes straight A's he's very polite and well manered.But most of all he's a team player.

Whsdogs
12-13-2005, 12:34 AM
from what i hear i would put hosley in and let cunnings play defense and wide reciever..just my 2 cents

S-WtrMustangFan
12-13-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
from what i hear i would put hosley in and let cunnings play defense and wide reciever..just my 2 cents Your 2 cents could win a state chapionship.

Whsdogs
12-13-2005, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by S-WtrMustangFan
Your 2 cents could win a state chapionship.

most call me coach reynolds:thumbsup:

lol:p

Tweeder215
12-13-2005, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
from what i hear i would put hosley in and let cunnings play defense and wide reciever..just my 2 cents

WIDE RECIEVER?!?!?!?! and waste all that talent cause you know as well as I do we aren't going to throw the ball....it's sad

STANG RED
12-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
WIDE RECIEVER?!?!?!?! and waste all that talent cause you know as well as I do we aren't going to throw the ball....it's sad
HA HA HA. Give it up Tweeter, I've been preaching that sermon for years. It hasnt done any good yet, and the results end up the same, year after year. No matter how good you are at that one demension, in the long run, it aint good enough.
I also heard this Holsey kid could throw, but so what. If he was Slingin Sammy Baugh reincarnate, we would still only run the ball.

neck_06
12-13-2005, 09:01 AM
i'm taking cunnings (just because he is the underdog, and because i have no clue who is who in sweetwater)

I Bleed Red08
12-13-2005, 09:33 AM
i think coach jackson will start out with cunnings and let thomas have some playing time to get him used to the feeling of being on varsity

Black_Magic
12-13-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by I Bleed Red08
i think coach jackson will start out with cunnings and let thomas have some playing time to get him used to the feeling of being on varsity You really think Jackson is comming back for next year?

Bubba-Joe
12-13-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
You really think Jackson is comming back for next year?

You boys in snyder sure are hoping he don't come back.
Might give the tiggers a chance to get back into the playoffs.

With his playoff record he (Jackson) will get some serious offers for sure.

STANG RED
12-13-2005, 10:10 AM
With the talent he has coming back next year, I think he will be back, unless he gets a 4A or 5A offer that is just too good to pass up. Honestly though, if he does get one of those, I think he will be in over his head. He is a great AD, but not the best of coaches. Probably the best AD we have ever had though.

Black_Magic
12-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe

With his playoff record he (Jackson) will get some serious offers for sure. I dont think people in sweetwater are smart enough to keep him... I know someone els who will go too.;) Snyder is not worried about Sweetwater at this point. You need more than a couple of backs . the well is dry. That may be the reason for bailing out. Plane is falling out to the clouds
PS..... Uhhhh Snyder has been played 9 playoff games in the last 3 years:rolleyes:

Bubba-Joe
12-13-2005, 10:21 AM
I dont think people in sweetwater are smart enough to keep him... I know someone els who will go too.;) Snyder is not worried about Sweetwater at this point. You need more than a couple of backs . the well is dry. That may be the reason for bailing out. Plane is falling out to the clouds
PS..... Uhhhh Snyder has been played 9 playoff games in the last 3 years:rolleyes:

WOW
9 playoff game in 3 years
Sweetwater has played in 9 playoff game in the last 2seasons

Bubba-Joe
12-13-2005, 10:23 AM
I dont think people in sweetwater are smart enough to keep him... I know someone els who will go too.;) Snyder is not worried about Sweetwater at this point. You need more than a couple of backs . the well is dry. That may be the reason for bailing out. Plane is falling out to the clouds

4 1st team Alldist returning
2 offense 2 defense
Defensive Newcomer

3 2nd team All Dist return
2 offense
1 Defense

Oh yeah that well is really dry

ONLY thing snyder is worried about is Sweetwater next year
and Wylie's enrollment numbers

but we knew that by all your post
now didn't we

Black_Magic
12-13-2005, 10:28 AM
4 1st team Alldist returning
2 offense 2 defense
Defensive Newcomer

3 2nd team All Dist return
2 offense
1 Defense

Oh yeah that well is really dry

ONLY thing snyder is worried about is Sweetwater next year
and Wylie's enrollment numbers

but we knew that by all your post
now didn't we Sweetwater has been farther than Snyder in the last 3 years in the playoffs??? dont think so. Look you know its running dry. I understand why you would not want to accept it. its ok dot get mad about it. Its a fact of life. You going too? or is he leaving you behind?:clap:

mustang04
12-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Sweetwater has been farther than Snyder in the last 3 years in the playoffs??? dont think so. Look you know its running dry. I understand why you would not want to accept it. its ok dot get mad about it. Its a fact of life. You going too? or is he leaving you behind?:clap:

so umm tell me blackie....what excuse are u going to use next year when yall lose to sweetwater, im just curious??? if yall beat us then ill say, "well, blackie is right, they had alot of talent comming up" BUT when sweetwater wins, what are you going to say, I still believe that u havent even nodded the stangs this year, AFTER they handed it to snyder, AFTER snyder lost to monahans, AFTER sweetwater beat littlefield, AFTER sweetwater beat Iowa Park, and AFTER they beat monahans....youve never given sweetwater credit...so in my book ur a humbug:D :p

Bubba-Joe
12-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Sweetwater has been farther than Snyder in the last 3 years in the playoffs??? dont think so.

you are proving my point
Sweetwater the last 4 season
16 playoff games

2005 - 5 playoff games (Greenwood-Littlefield -Iowa Park- Monahans - Tatum)

2004 - 4 playoff games (Seminole - Lubbock Cooper - Glen Rose - snyder)

2003 - 3 playoff games (Kermit - Perryton - Vernon)

2002 - 4 playoff games (Kermit - Perryton - Decatur - Greenwood)

mustang04
12-13-2005, 10:44 AM
bum bum bum blackie bites the dust-a
bum bum bum blackie bites the dust-a

and black bites, and blackie bites, and blackie bites the dust-a!

:D :D

sweetwater07
12-13-2005, 10:51 AM
You really think Jackson is comming back for next year?

i would be lieing if i said i thought he would return...

mustang68
12-13-2005, 11:22 AM

PS..... Uhhhh Snyder has been played 9 playoff games in the last 3 years:rolleyes: [/B]

I couldn't agree more.
Snyder "...has been played..."
lolol

Black_Magic
12-13-2005, 11:29 AM
you are proving my point
Sweetwater the last 4 season
16 playoff games

2005 - 5 playoff games (Greenwood-Littlefield -Iowa Park- Monahans - Tatum)

2004 - 4 playoff games (Seminole - Lubbock Cooper - Glen Rose - snyder)

2003 - 3 playoff games (Kermit - Perryton - Vernon)

2002 - 4 playoff games (Kermit - Perryton - Decatur - Greenwood) Thank you for poving me right. the farthest Sweetwater has been int the last 3 years has been 5 rounds deep JUST like Snyder.. But didnt it say that??? or are you not reading right?

Butkus
12-13-2005, 11:33 AM
so magic man whos gonna be handin tha ball off for the Tigers next year

S-WtrMustangFan
12-13-2005, 01:03 PM

With his playoff record he (Jackson) will get some serious offers for sure. We could get one of our flag football coaches to replace him and beat Snyder.LOL

mustang68
12-13-2005, 01:06 PM
We could get one of our flag football coaches to replace him and beat Snyder.LOL

Our PeeWee's won the Superbowl, reckon that guys available?

S-WtrMustangFan
12-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by mustang68
Our PeeWee's won the Superbowl, reckon that guys available? I don't know if we can pay him enough.

mustang68
12-13-2005, 01:21 PM
I don't know if we can pay him enough.

Money from the playoffs could carry us for a few years.

keenoace
12-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
so magic man whos gonna be handin tha ball off for the Tigers next year

Well I think I might have an Idea. It might be #22 Lance Day A.K.A THE SANDMAN. He was the Back up all year just didn't need him!!

stxboy05
12-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Cunnings or holsey, Cunnings any day. I've seen both of them at qb and his is better and will make the offense better. A qb with a 4.4 or even faster by next year who can run that option wit banyard and skye, there arent goin to be very many people if any who can stop it. Plus skye and banyard r comfortable with him at qb. They said they wanted him at qb this year.