PDA

View Full Version : TO: Wimberly fans RE: Fan Celebration

injuredinmelee
12-12-2005, 02:00 PM
You should be embarrassed. The way you acted when the game ended I thought you had won 47 titles in a row. Storm the field go nuts.

neck_06
12-12-2005, 02:02 PM
i garuntee you if West Columbia would have won state, our fans would have done the same thing. i think its great.

Bullaholic
12-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
You should be embarrassed. The way you acted when the game ended I thought you had won 47 titles in a row. Storm the field go nuts.

injured...You are kidding, right?

neck_06
12-12-2005, 02:09 PM
i hope so

handNthedirt
12-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Somebody please fill me in on what happened???????

HighSchool Fan
12-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Somebody please fill me in on what happened???????

nothing really, they did what the announcer said to do. the fans were instructed to not enter the playing field until the players were off the field and that's what they did.

neck_06
12-12-2005, 02:17 PM
huh??? they went onto the field after the players left?

WOSgrad
12-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Okay, this thread was started with some measure of sarcasm, right? Otherwise, do you realize that you are encouraging a number of fans to disregard an announcement that is not out of a plea for courtesy but rather is a pronouncement of a UIL regulation?

I had the opportunity to hear the Texan fans the week before and I seriously doubt it if they were sitting on their tushes and giving polite golf claps when the clock read 00:00 in the 4th quarter. I don't think that they needed to storm the field to show their enthusiasm over the Texans' victory. That they were mindful of regulations and respectfully adhered to them affords them respect, not scorn, in my book.

rbwill
12-12-2005, 02:50 PM
On several occasions, this year as well as last season, I have seen fans, students, and all, enter the football field, even after the anouncment was made that it is against UIL rules to enter the playing area anytime, before, during,and after the game, unless you are a uniformed participant, coach, sponsor, or of some official capacity.

Now my question has been; what is the penalty for braking this rule? Has anybody ever been called out for braking it?
Who enforces it? the refs?

WOSgrad
12-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by rbwill
On several occasions, this year as well as last season, I have seen fans, students, and all, enter the football field, even after the anouncment was made that it is against UIL rules to enter the playing area anytime, before, during,and after the game, unless you are a uniformed participant, coach, sponsor, or of some official capacity.

Now my question has been; what is the penalty for braking this rule? Has anybody ever been called out for braking it?

I wouldn't want to be the one who finds out by having that sanction brought on a school that I supported and I CERTAINLY wouldn't want to find it out at the state championship game.

raider red 2000
12-12-2005, 03:56 PM
it has to be cops or security to enforce the rule.

refs leave ASAP.

THe only time i have ever seen cops was at a TECH ATM game in lubbock....cops didnt stop the goal post from coming down.

i think that if my team won a title i would act like a complete idiot...i am not sure what i would do.

3afan
12-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by rbwill

heck no - once the gun sounds the crew exits promptly unless there is a reason pertaining to the game for them to stay

eagles_victory
12-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Last year in basketball Fairfield hit a buzzer beater and everyone ran all over Marlins court. I dont regret it :D

Adidas410s
12-12-2005, 05:36 PM
as long as no stadium/game officials feel that the students/fans/media coming on the field after winning the state championship is putting the safety of others on the field at risk...nothing will ever be done about it.

WORM
12-12-2005, 08:04 PM
there where cops overseeing the situation and they instructed fans that it was ok to go see their kids on the field! don't try to make something out of nothing! first state championship in school history for football, let people do what they want! what are you some sort of tattle tail! cry me a river!

un b weavable
12-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Going on the field after a game is not a UIL regulation. It is a stadium rule. Punishment for it is whatever the security guard deems appropriate. Nothing more, nothing less. I have been told this by our head coach and he is more up on regulations than most people I have met.

etbu
12-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by WORM
there where cops overseeing the situation and they instructed fans that it was ok to go see their kids on the field! don't try to make something out of nothing! first state championship in school history for football, let people do what they want! what are you some sort of tattle tail! cry me a river!

Such wisdom from the hill country. With such wisdom how in the world can we not live in a more sane place?:cool:

sportfan53
12-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by WORM
there where cops overseeing the situation and they instructed fans that it was ok to go see their kids on the field! don't try to make something out of nothing! first state championship in school history for football, let people do what they want! what are you some sort of tattle tail! cry me a river! This is coming from a Leopard fan and I didn't see a thing that the Texans or their fans did after the game that I would view as unclassy or unspirited. These guys were RABID during the game and then celebrated with their young men after the game. The were respectul to a rule that I understand but still thing is sort of ridiculous. Congrats again you deserve to celebrate.

smustangs
12-12-2005, 10:06 PM
they just won THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP let em' celebrate i know i would go wild

injuredinmelee
12-13-2005, 09:48 AM
they told v3eryone to stay off the field at Baylor last year in the DI final. That didnt stop either group of fans. Remember this... they cant stop all of you.

Old Tiger
12-13-2005, 10:01 AM
In those circumstances the players should go celebrate in the stands;)

mwynn05
12-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Last year in basketball Fairfield hit a buzzer beater and everyone ran all over Marlins court. I dont regret it :D that was great

wos fan1
12-13-2005, 01:11 PM
In my opinion there is nothing wrong with fans hitting the field after a Championship victory. :thinking: