PDA

View Full Version : Drew Bledsoe

Whsdogs
12-12-2005, 12:27 PM
I think Bledsoe has done alot better than most people thought he would do...he's doin way better than testaverde did last year and with a couple of his throws last game and throwin for like 322 yards or somethin i think he still have a little left in that tank of his:)

handNthedirt
12-12-2005, 12:31 PM
Bledsoe still has a cannon, it's his mobility that makes him look aged.

Whsdogs
12-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Bledsoe still has a cannon, it's his mobility that makes him look aged.

yah..he side stepped a few guys the sunday and i was actually impressed...no vick but man he had a gun and i like it!!!:D

Macarthur
12-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Yeah, he's a statue, but everyone knew that coming in.

If the OL can give him time, he is as good a pocket passer as there is in the game.

That TD throw to Whitten was a big time NFL throw. The one to Glenn was a beauty, but the one to Whitten was by far his best throw of the day, and maybe one of his best of the year. Go back and look at the replay of that throw.

handNthedirt
12-12-2005, 12:39 PM
How many more years do you think Bledsoe has left?

What position(s) will we looking to fill in the draft?

Macarthur
12-12-2005, 12:55 PM
He's very sturdy. I could easily see him playing 2 more years.

football4life
12-12-2005, 01:14 PM
I say 1-2 years left for bledsoe. He has gone way beyond expectations when he has had the protection, and that has been sparse. I heard that this past week they told the tackles that they were on their own, because they had to get some kind of offense going after the last couple games. Worked out pretty well yesterday.:clap:

S-WtrMustangFan
12-12-2005, 01:21 PM

What position(s) will we looking to fill in the draft? He will be lucky to make it through this year if the off. line does'nt start blocking better.As far as the draft we need a good rookie QB then the rest of the picks on a strong off. line.

football4life
12-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by S-WtrMustangFan
He will be lucky to make it through this year if off. line does'nt start blocking better.As far as the draft we need a good rookie QB then the rest of the picks on a strong off. line.

Yea I think its high time that the 'boys go after some younger skill players. The defense should be set for years to come, so I say we use our picks to bulk up the O a little bit.

handNthedirt
12-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey Jerry.......GO GET T.O.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neck_06
12-12-2005, 01:53 PM

What position(s) will we looking to fill in the draft?

linebacker

Whsdogs
12-12-2005, 01:59 PM
i would get rid of either romo or henson and go for a young qb in the draft to learn from bledsoe while bledsoe is there and then i would get an o line or 2...defensively i would say a lineback great line back would be nice....all in all the cowboys already have what it takes to win games and need to get it done!

neck_06
12-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
i would get rid of either romo or henson and go for a young qb in the draft to learn from bledsoe while bledsoe is there and then i would get an o line or 2...defensively i would say a lineback great line back would be nice....all in all the cowboys already have what it takes to win games and need to get it done!

i would like to see the 'boys go for a young qb also, but history has shown the cowboys taking a defensive player first the past few years. what qb do you think would fit well with the cowboys if they drafted one this year?

Macarthur
12-12-2005, 02:45 PM
The problem with saying "go after a young QB" is that they don't just grow on trees. You have to get the first couple of picks in the draft to get one and there's no guarantee that those will work out.

Not to mention the growth curve. Is everyone ready to have a couple of losing seasons while we break in a new QB? And there's no guarantee after those couple of years that he's going to be the one (see Detroit).

It's a really tough decision. I think when you have a good one in Bledsoe, you have to ride it out as long as you possible can. Bledsoe has been extremely durable and he still looks great. His arm is still very strong. I could easily see him playing 2 or 3 years more.

Whsdogs
12-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
The problem with saying "go after a young QB" is that they don't just grow on trees. You have to get the first couple of picks in the draft to get one and there's no guarantee that those will work out.

Not to mention the growth curve. Is everyone ready to have a couple of losing seasons while we break in a new QB? And there's no guarantee after those couple of years that he's going to be the one (see Detroit).

It's a really tough decision. I think when you have a good one in Bledsoe, you have to ride it out as long as you possible can. Bledsoe has been extremely durable and he still looks great. His arm is still very strong. I could easily see him playing 2 or 3 years more.

i agree i think bledsoe does have a few years left in him and i would love to see him back again..i think he fits the cowboy mold....i am just trying to figure out who they are goin to try and bring in from the draft next year...guess we will see when we find out what pick they have in the draft..maybe we will get a better look at how the draft could end up

JasperDog94
12-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
The problem with saying "go after a young QB" is that they don't just grow on trees. You have to get the first couple of picks in the draft to get one and there's no guarantee that those will work out. What would you have to give to get Phillip Rivers?

DaHop72
12-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Hey Jerry.......GO GET T.O.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OR NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macarthur
12-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
What would you have to give to get Phillip Rivers?

He would be expensive because he was a top 3 pick. You would probably have to give up this year's one and next year's one and maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder this year given that the Cowboys are not going to have a high pick.

But, again, once he's here, do you know he's going to be successful? Are you willing to suffer for several years? Look how long it took Brees before SD found out he could play. It took so long they spend the pick on Rivers!