PDA

View Full Version : Big Sandy vs. Stratford

sweetwater07
12-12-2005, 11:28 AM
anyone know when this game will be played in abilene this week....what time saturday night should i say???

Aesculus gilmus
12-12-2005, 11:36 AM
2 p.m. kickoff Saturday at Shotwell Stadium. Big Sandy ought to win this rather handily, unless the team bus gets lost and winds up in Wichita Falls or something.

Big Sandy Wildcats "IN THE NEWS" (http://p083.ezboard.com/f1atexasfootball5178frm11.showMessage?topicID=2909 .topic)

football4life
12-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Whoa now, these stratford boys can play. They may be up in the middle of nowhere, but they are a young and scrappy bunch. They beat windthorst last week 21-17, stuffing them on the 6 inch line as time expired. I dont know if they can win, but they wont get blown out by any means.

3afan
12-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
...Big Sandy ought to win this rather handily ...

and this is based on what - the fact that Big Sandy is close to Gilmer? :D

Aesculus gilmus
12-12-2005, 01:49 PM
I have seen them play—against Dawson a few weeks ago. Take a look at their playoff scores. Saturday was the only game that has even been close. Dawson was 55-0. Iola was 46-8. Bi-district was 54-14 against Joaquin. Area round was 47-12 over Rivercrest. Bremond was the first game they even had to break a sweat.

Deroderick Strickland, the Big Sandy QB, was just named Class A Player of the Year. Brandon McCleveland can take it to the house at any time. Vincent Montgomery is a threat at receiver.

They have a NG named Robertson who is unblockable. They are on a roll.

They have a "Henry Melton" type they put in at FB occasionally named Braylon Johnson. He weights about 270 and can outrun an elk or an Elk. Of course, the Dawson players just kinda bounced off him even when they had a shot at him.

sweetwater07
12-12-2005, 10:22 PM
look forward to this game....have some family from Big Sandy and their stats from the playoffs are amazing.....i will definately be there!!