PDA

View Full Version : Hutto No Class?

briefcase
12-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Cuero can talk all they want about Hutto having no class, but how can you overlook how much of a fool # 6 was acting all night throwing temper tantrums all night and fussing even with his own teamates. I think I remeber predicting Hutto would win this one.

neck_94
12-12-2005, 11:06 AM
thats what "Holier than thou" folks like to do...

just remember that old saying, point a finger at someone and there are 3 others pointing right back...

sweetwater07
12-12-2005, 11:12 AM
is cuero complaining or something?

44INAROW
12-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
is cuero complaining or something?

I don't think the loyal fans or players are.. maybe a few "fly by night" posters that's all.........

Don't believe everything you hear and only half of what you see:)

chugbug
12-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Cuero, get over it . Get the round balls out. You can be like the aggies. Wait till next year.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

gobblergolf
12-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Personally I believe this "no class" argument is pointless. It can be talked about for days on this board but the fact of the matter is, only biased opinions are going to be expressed and no minds will be changed. On days like this, we should be commending the two teams for great seasons and wishing Hutto luck in winning a championship. Does this mean that I didn't see signs of class or the lack there of? Of course not! Yes, I think the actions of some Hutto players were unnecessary, but I don't think the actions of one of our players were needed either. However, just as class was forgotten at times in the game, it was also shown in certain situations as well. I saw #36 (JT) lay someone out and immediately there after help the guy up, just as I saw #52 help up our running backs on several occasions. All that matters is the outcome of the game! We can sit here and argue class, refs, play-calling, etc. all night but that in no way will change the outcome of last weekends game. The gobblers were upset by a very deserving team that has improved greatly throughout the playoffs. After watching them play Cameron I thought Hutto had little chance of beating a dominant Gobbler team, but I will be the first to say I was wrong. I was very impressed by there play and incourage Tatum not to take them lightly. Hutto plays with great intensity and will find a way to get the job done. Finally, my cousin is #59 for the Gobblers and I have many good friends on the team. You all on here can trust me when I say that they have handled the defeat very well. During and after the game they have shown nothing but class and I respect them greatly for that. That doesn't change the fact that it hurt them badly to lose, but you can believe me when I say that they are in full support of Hutto winning the championship. So, don't take a few opinions from Cuero posters as the attitude of all, especially the players and coaches and the same holds true for our beliefs as to the respect from Hutto to Cuero. Good luck to Hutto....Tatum is gonna be a hell of a team, but then again so were many other teams in your playoff path and that hasn't seemed to effect yall much!

Gobbla2001
12-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Well said, gobblergolf...

Hey, headcase, address the posters responsible for triggering this thread...

I haven't seen Mr. chubbed_up, but gobbler84 and We're Back, both starters for the Gobblers, have both come on for the first time since the season began and have not mirrored what you are saying...

As well as our players, many of us posters have come on and have not done what you summarize 'Cuero' as doing...

As for chugbug, maybe your Tigers can give us a few pointers on the roundball seeing as they've been playing for 5 weeks now, we need to touch-up our skills... 4 out of the last 6, baby...

schu1213
12-12-2005, 01:25 PM
I agree 100% with you gobblergolf. Im just getting sick and tired of this whole debate. It seems tome that the only people whinning are some hutto fans complaining about how cuero is acting. Most posters I have seen have just congradulated hutto and thanked the Cuero players for a great season. Its over, its done, only a few might be complaining so just let it go.

Sinton94
12-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by gobblergolf
Personally I believe this "no class" argument is pointless. It can be talked about for days on this board but the fact of the matter is, only biased opinions are going to be expressed and no minds will be changed. On days like this, we should be commending the two teams for great seasons and wishing Hutto luck in winning a championship. Does this mean that I didn't see signs of class or the lack there of? Of course not! Yes, I think the actions of some Hutto players were unnecessary, but I don't think the actions of one of our players were needed either. However, just as class was forgotten at times in the game, it was also shown in certain situations as well. I saw #36 (JT) lay someone out and immediately there after help the guy up, just as I saw #52 help up our running backs on several occasions. All that matters is the outcome of the game! We can sit here and argue class, refs, play-calling, etc. all night but that in no way will change the outcome of last weekends game. The gobblers were upset by a very deserving team that has improved greatly throughout the playoffs. After watching them play Cameron I thought Hutto had little chance of beating a dominant Gobbler team, but I will be the first to say I was wrong. I was very impressed by there play and incourage Tatum not to take them lightly. Hutto plays with great intensity and will find a way to get the job done. Finally, my cousin is #59 for the Gobblers and I have many good friends on the team. You all on here can trust me when I say that they have handled the defeat very well. During and after the game they have shown nothing but class and I respect them greatly for that. That doesn't change the fact that it hurt them badly to lose, but you can believe me when I say that they are in full support of Hutto winning the championship. So, don't take a few opinions from Cuero posters as the attitude of all, especially the players and coaches and the same holds true for our beliefs as to the respect from Hutto to Cuero. Good luck to Hutto....Tatum is gonna be a hell of a team, but then again so were many other teams in your playoff path and that hasn't seemed to effect yall much!

Very well Put! :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
12-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
I agree 100% with you gobblergolf. Im just getting sick and tired of this whole debate. It seems tome that the only people whinning are some hutto fans complaining about how cuero is acting. Most posters I have seen have just congradulated hutto and thanked the Cuero players for a great season. Its over, its done, only a few might be complaining so just let it go.

The people who fully understand that the majority of Cuero posters are not doing the complaining are either A.) open-minded or B.) representing a program that is doing well...

The people who keep bringing up the 'get over it/move on' type stuff are either A.) from a program that isn't doing 'so' well right now and are happy to see the giant fall, AKA: envy or B.) Read choice A again...

Sinton94
12-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Every town has it's share of closet/bad fans that only support their team when times are good. They are usually the first to criticize even their own team and really have no clue to how much work goes into developing a successful program. Negativity is contagious…………..Don't get sucked in!

Congrats to both teams on a very good year!:clap:

neck_06
12-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Every town has it's share of closet/bad fans that only support their team when times are good. They are usually the first to criticize even their on team and really have no clue to how much work goes into developing a successful program! Negativity is contagious…………..Don't get sucked in!

Congrats to both teams on a very good year!:clap:

AMEN

briefcase
12-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Personally, I would have liked to see Cuero dominate Hutto, but after reading some of the comments about some of these play-off games being no more than scrimmages and etc a verse in the Bible came to mind that says: "Right before pride comes the fall", thus my prediction they would kill Liberty Hill and lose to Hutto.

HM33
12-12-2005, 02:41 PM
It's over. Hutto is playing this week and Cuero isn't. I just say let it end there. No need to go on anymore. Yes, I was upset the hours after the game and I posted some things that I saw. I apologize for some of it. But, as I can see everything is settle and that should be it. :) GL next week.

gobblerfan02
12-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by HM33
It's over. Hutto is playing this week and Cuero isn't. I just say let it end there. No need to go on anymore. Yes, I was upset the hours after the game and I posted some things that I saw. I apologize for some of it. But, as I can see everything is settle and that should be it. :) GL next week. Great post!

To me, both teams had their chances to win the ballgame, Hutto just capitalized on their chances, end of story!

chugbug
12-12-2005, 02:51 PM
I have nothing but respect for the Gobbler football players and their coaching staff. Last week I told you guys not to take them lightly. I am sure that Coach Reeves didn't. However it does not suprise me that Hutto won. They have beaten the odds in every game. By the way I am not from Sealy, and have no association with Sealy.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Gobbla2001
12-12-2005, 07:13 PM
My bad, chugbug, I coulda swore your location said Sealy...

Back to briefcase...

I haven't seen #6 do that all year, he knew what was on the line and got up and started saying something about it... he didn't get in the player's face, but he felt that it wasn't right so he voiced it... I'd rather not see that, but he was showing emotion (good to see he has it)... He is 16 years old, give the kid some slack, that's why we have coaches out there, they pulled him out, talked to him, calmed him down and sent him back up there...

Now I am sure you have something better to do than to publicly look down on a 16 year old...

Great season, Tre!!!

44INAROW
12-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
My bad, chugbug, I coulda swore your location said Sealy...

it DID, he fixed it sometime today..

gobbler grad
12-12-2005, 08:31 PM
sometime this afternoon while I was reading this post, he changed it...

District303aPastPlayer
12-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Great season, Tre!!!

AMEN!! LETS GO TRE GREY!

sinton66
12-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by briefcase
Cuero can talk all they want about Hutto having no class, but how can you overlook how much of a fool # 6 was acting all night throwing temper tantrums all night and fussing even with his own teamates. I think I remeber predicting Hutto would win this one.

I only saw ONE Cuero poster say anything like that. Don't be lumping all Cuero fans into a general category like this.