PDA

View Full Version : What a season!!

gold_33
12-11-2005, 10:31 PM
For the first time in the schools 19 year history the Wimberley Texans are the STATE CHAMPIONS. This was truely an unbelievable season that I hate to see come to an end. The seniors on this team had a goal to finish the drive in '05 after a tough loss to Cuero in last seasons playoffs and they did just that by going 15-0. Last night was a great game by two stellar defenses. Gainesville's D was great all night other than a couple of big plays and my hat goes off to the whole Gainesville team for a classic game that was exciting to the end. Their D was really quick on the line and hardly gave Wimberley any time to throw or run before being hit. That #34 is a great linebacker, he was everywhere on the field and could lay the wood to whoever had the ball. Code Red was awesome again and did a great job of bending but not breaking and not letting up the big play. On offense it was again #32 Buse that was the difference having two big touchdown runs the Gainesville D pretty much shut everything else down other than a pass here and there. Congratulations to both teams on great seasons and next season can't get here soon enough! Thanks to all the Wimberley supporters and to the doubters who said region 4 can't win a championship...... well just take a look!

Wimberley Texans 2005 Div. 1 State Champions

Mustangpride09
12-11-2005, 10:42 PM
congrats wimberly.

smustangs
12-11-2005, 10:47 PM
congrats texans good season

football4life
12-11-2005, 11:05 PM
Much respect to the Texans, never a small feat to win the title, and even more amazing is to go 15-0 along the way, without a single blemish to the season. :clap: :clap:

Whsdogs
12-11-2005, 11:11 PM
good job wimberly!!!! i like wimberly...just the name sounds cool! haha

But seriously congrats on a very good season under everyones radar, or most people. Ya'll went in week in and week out and played 4 quarters and went 15 games deep to be part of a great group of State Champions...people in years will prob. not remember who won state in 2005, but your town and you the players will never forget the blood sweat and tears left out there on that field week after week in the heat of the summer day and cold of the winter nights. Congrats to the Class 3A Division 1 State Champions of 2005!:clap:

GreenGobbla
12-12-2005, 01:15 AM
congrats on the season wimberly....

WORM
12-12-2005, 01:59 AM
you should see the town, hills, rivers, creeks, beautiful views,30 minutes from austin! i better stop before they think i'm recruiting!