PDA

View Full Version : NFC wildcard picture

3afan
12-11-2005, 09:45 PM
1. Seattle Seahawks (11-2) – Clinched NFC West title. Would play host to the winner of the No. 5 vs.No. 4 wild-card winner in the divisional playoffs. Next: at Tennessee (4-9).

2. Chicago Bears (9-4) – Leads NFC North. Holds tiebreaker against Carolina with 8-1 conference record. Would play host to the winner of the No. 6 vs. No. 3 wild-card game in the divisional playoffs. Next: vs. Atlanta (7-5).

3. New York Giants (9-4) – Leads NFC East. Would play host to the No. 1 wild card in a first-round game. Next: vs. Kansas City (8-5).

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-4) – Leads NFC South. Holds tiebreaker over Carolina with 3-1 division record. Would play host to the No. 2 wild card in a first-round game. Next: at New England (8-5).

5. Carolina Panthers (9-4) – Currently No. 1 wild card. Next: at New Orleans (3-9).

[b]6. Dallas Cowboys (8-5) – Currently the No. 2 wild card. Holds tiebreaker over Minnesota with 6-3 conference record. Next: at Washington (7-6). ['/b]

7. Minnesota Vikings (8-5) – Next: vs. Pittsburgh (8-5).

8. Atlanta Falcons (7-5) – Next: vs. New Orleans (3-9).

wos fan1
12-11-2005, 09:49 PM
I love the Cowboys but i'm saying Seattle and Indy in the SuperBowl!

Paratrooper
12-11-2005, 09:50 PM
No way Minnesota beats Pittsburgh. Dallas doesn't have an easy road either though. The cowboys need to come out and fire on all 8 cylinders to get in the playoffs. This is crunch time.

Whsdogs
12-11-2005, 10:01 PM
the cowboys can make the playoffs if they do what the know that they can do...as much as i love the cowboys, i just dont see them in the super bowl...i think it will be indy and seattle or indy and maybe carolina...cant wait to see how this all unfolds

Paratrooper
12-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
the cowboys can make the playoffs if they do what the know that they can do...as much as i love the cowboys, i just dont see them in the super bowl...i think it will be indy and seattle or indy and maybe carolina...cant wait to see how this all unfolds

I think they got as good as shot as anybody if they can get into the playoffs. The pro's are so even going into these games it can literally be anyones superbowl once they get into the playoffs. It is one of the reasons there are very few blowouts in the pro's. All the teams are pretty evenly matched up. Dallas just needs to buckle down these last 3 games and then the REAL SEASON starts.

Whsdogs
12-11-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
I think they got as good as shot as anybody if they can get into the playoffs. The pro's are so even going into these games it can literally be anyones superbowl once they get into the playoffs. It is one of the reasons there are very few blowouts in the pro's. All the teams are pretty evenly matched up. Dallas just needs to buckle down these last 3 games and then the REAL SEASON starts.

that is very true..:nerd:

Whsdogs
12-11-2005, 10:38 PM
i like that way you look at things...gives me more hope for my cowboys..i know they can do it just gotta stick it out

Mustangpride09
12-11-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm not sold on seattle yet. I think they are overrated entirely. Id have to pick the bucs or the panthers over them.

football4life
12-11-2005, 10:49 PM
I think the 'boys can get two more out of the three, which i think would get them in there ahead of the vikes, unless they continue this very improbable run with the old man at the helm.

Whsdogs
12-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
I'm not sold on seattle yet. I think they are overrated entirely. Id have to pick the bucs or the panthers over them.

i dont know if they are overrated cause there are no ratings lol jk but i dont about them yet either

SintonFan_inAustin
12-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by 3afan

3. New York Giants (9-4) – Leads NFC East. Would play host to the No. 1 wild card in a first-round game. Next: vs. Kansas City (8-5).

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-4) – Leads NFC South. Holds tiebreaker over Carolina with 3-1 division record. Would play host to the No. 2 wild card in a first-round game. Next: at New England (8-5).

5. Carolina Panthers (9-4) – Currently No. 1 wild card. Next: at New Orleans (3-9).

[b]6. Dallas Cowboys (8-5) – Currently the No. 2 wild card. Holds tiebreaker over Minnesota with 6-3 conference record. Next: at

NYG play the #1WC only if its not Dallas? :D but Dallas will win division

piratebg
12-12-2005, 11:59 AM
There is still a chance that Dallas can win their division, but a wildcard spot would still be enough for me. A first round victory, or more, would make me even happier.

handNthedirt
12-12-2005, 12:20 PM
I believe the Boys can pull it off and make it to the Super Bowl, the only team to beat them this year is themselves.

Whsdogs
12-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
I believe the Boys can pull it off and make it to the Super Bowl, the only team to beat them this year is themselves.

yah they have done pretty good just late game blow ups but it will get better as you can see from the victory this past sunday!

Macarthur
12-12-2005, 12:33 PM
I too am one that thinks they can go all the way.

First, I think the Giants are a very shakey team. They should have lost yesterday and next week they have KC. I think Dallas pulls even with them next week. I say Dallas wins the division and has a home playoff game.

Seattle - They have always had a choke factor. Dallas has proven they can go to Seattle and play toe to toe.

Chicago - Weather could be a factor, but their offense is absolutely aweful. If Dallas could score 2 TD's, they beat Chicago.

Carolina - Not sure what to make of them. Very inconsistent; they don't strike fear into anyone.

Bucs - Any team with Simms at QB does not scare me come crunch time.

Again, they may not do it, but they have as good a chance as anyone. As evidence yesterday, if the Dallas OL and give Bledsoe some time, he can still be a very good QB. That throw on the TD to Whitten was a big time NFL throw.

pirate4state
12-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Bucs - Any team with Simms at QB does not scare me come crunch time. :clap: LMAO!!! :D :( :D

handNthedirt
12-12-2005, 12:47 PM
I'd love to see Roy fly over the line and hit Simms right in the mouth......again.

Chunkthepill
12-12-2005, 12:47 PM
how will the tiebreaker work if Dallas and NY are tied since they split during the regular season? Is it best division record? what if that is tied? then what

football4life
12-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Chunkthepill
how will the tiebreaker work if Dallas and NY are tied since they split during the regular season? Is it best division record? what if that is tied? then what

Cmon man, everyone knows what the tiebraker is. Sheesh! :p

zeke
12-12-2005, 01:43 PM
NFL/TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

neck_06
12-12-2005, 01:49 PM
in my eyes, the colts need to lose one before they get to the playoffs, if they do, i believe that they will win it all for sure.

if they don't, i still think they have a very good shot because they have home field advantage (and nobody beats the colts indoors) and the super bowl is going to also be played indoors.