PDA

View Full Version : For people that complain about officiating

rockdale80
12-11-2005, 07:17 PM
http://www.johnsonsbaby.com/images/products/lg_baby_shampoo.gif

NEW NO MORE TEARS FORMULA

Adidas410s
12-11-2005, 07:39 PM
so is this your answer to Phil's "composure" posts??? ;)

rockdale80
12-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
so is this your answer to Phil's "composure" posts??? ;)

That's how I roll.;)

VWG
12-11-2005, 07:49 PM
or better yet....
How about we provide a phone number to the nearest chapter of officials, as they need more people to help officiate games during the season. Get out of the stands and actually put yourself out there on the field in the zebra stripes. Anybody can apply.
Just remember to never, ever, miss a call.

Adidas410s
12-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by VWG
or better yet....
How about we provide a phone number to the nearest chapter of officials, as they need more people to help officiate games during the season. Get out of the stands and actually put yourself out there on the field in the zebra stripes. Anybody can apply.
Just remember to never, ever, miss a call.

I have plenty of contacts for the Abilene chapter if anybody wants their names/numbers. I can give you a good referal with all the expert critiques I have heard in the stands this fall!

rockdale80
12-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Let us not get carried away guys. I think my idea will work out just fine. :)

piratebg
12-12-2005, 12:03 PM
I would hate to be an official. Just too much pressure, especially if you make a bad call. Vandalism, death threats, stalkers......this has happened before. It is when this happens that the FBI has to step in and relocate you and your family. It really sounds like too much of a hastle.

footsball
12-12-2005, 01:37 PM
i do believe that the people talking about the refs are also talking about the obvious calls that are overlooked as in seen but do nothing about it. they are not implying that every infraction be seen or complaining about the same. granted a large % of fans do not know the rules or application of. i called for many years and i know how hard it is but when you miss so many in 1 game something has to be wrong with the system.
lets cut their pay in half so only the ones that love calling will be there and not just for the money:D :thinking:

3afan
12-12-2005, 01:41 PM
as we like to put it --- most officials do not do it for the money, but, they COULD NOT do it WITHOUT the money ......

football4life
12-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by footsball
ilets cut their pay in half so only the ones that love calling will be there and not just for the money:D :thinking:

Then we could forget about having officials altogether....

District303aPastPlayer
12-13-2005, 02:02 AM
im going to start next year i think

Dogman_1969
12-13-2005, 09:30 AM
I couldn't do it. I'd get fired for stopping the game to have every player remove any ear rings. No play in football for ear rings.......................

just a pet peave of mine..................

Phil C
12-13-2005, 09:35 AM
Keep your composure. Unfortunately, there are some unfair and obviously unqualified officials but you have to play and win around them (Yes I know it is difficult at times). But above all you must keep your composure.

http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Old_School=composure.wav

SINTON81
12-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Keep your composure. Unfortunately, there are some unfair and obviously unqualified officials but you have to play and win around them (Yes I know it is difficult at times). But above all you must keep your composure.

http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Old_School=composure.wav

I always say, you have to be good enough to beat the Ref's and the other team.

football4life
12-13-2005, 06:20 PM
I'm glad phil is always around to help remind us to keep our compsure. :clap: Way to be, phil!

3afan
12-13-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by SINTON81
I always say, you have to be good enough to beat the Ref's and the other team.

:rolleyes: