PDA

View Full Version : Clemens contacted by Red Sox

Adidas410s
12-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Can you go home again? The Boston Red Sox will certainly leave a plate at the table if Roger Clemens decides he wants to finish where he started.

The Red Sox, where Clemens played his first 13 seasons, have contacted Clemens' agents, the Hendricks brothers, to express their interest in the future Hall of Famer, The Boston Globe reported.

When told of the Sox interest, Clemens, who was not offered arbitration by the Houston Astros, was said to have reacted positively, according to the paper.

"We had an internal discussion," Sox CEO and president Larry Lucchino told the paper, "and concluded we should make an initial call to let the Hendricks brothers know we were open to discuss Roger's return if he should have interest in the Red Sox in 2006.

"Nothing further."

Clemens, if he chooses, can re-sign with the Astros after May 1.

pantherpop
12-11-2005, 06:06 PM
Well, if he doesn't play for the Astros then I think this would be the next best place for him. Man I hate the Yankees.

SnyTigBaseB07
12-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Clemens doesnt need to go the Sox..its a bad idea.
He's a great pitcher..but with 8 active starting pitchers, 4 of them would have to move...and thats gonna cause a big enough rift..Let houston keep em..now if we (the sox) could get our hands on R.Johnson..i'd say sacrifice a few pitchers to the Bullpen.

Jody
12-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Can you go home again? The Boston Red Sox will certainly leave a plate at the table if Roger Clemens decides he wants to finish where he started.

The Red Sox, where Clemens played his first 13 seasons, have contacted Clemens' agents, the Hendricks brothers, to express their interest in the future Hall of Famer, The Boston Globe reported.

When told of the Sox interest, Clemens, who was not offered arbitration by the Houston Astros, was said to have reacted positively, according to the paper.

"We had an internal discussion," Sox CEO and president Larry Lucchino told the paper, "and concluded we should make an initial call to let the Hendricks brothers know we were open to discuss Roger's return if he should have interest in the Red Sox in 2006.

"Nothing further."

Clemens, if he chooses, can re-sign with the Astros after May 1.

Clemens will retire this year, sort of. Can't say how I know yet.

Hupernikomen
12-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Jody

I thought your connection was now with the Mets??

Adidas410s
12-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Jody

you thinking he moves to pitching coach for the Astros huh??? ;)

AggieJohn
12-12-2005, 12:09 AM
this won't happen..........