PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Houston Texans!!!

Adidas410s
12-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Yet again...you guys find a way to lose a game when your defense is playing well...

Come on #1

GO COWBOYS! :rolleyes:

piratebg
12-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Way to go Texans!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

wos fan1
12-11-2005, 04:25 PM
:clap: They were saying on the Radio in the Houston area the kicker missed it on purpose. :D Waiting for Bush!

pantherpop
12-11-2005, 06:12 PM
I say he must have missed it on purpose. It was an ugly kick. Can you imagine the turmoil this would have caused if he makes the kick and Houston wins

Pmoney
12-11-2005, 06:13 PM
man this is hilarious...Houston is sucking it up

Whsdogs
12-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
:clap: They were saying on the Radio in the Houston area the kicker missed it on purpose. :D Waiting for Bush!

bush wont help them any...look at what their running back did today...over 140 yards rushing and avg. more than 7 yards a carry...bush cant beat a team by himself either..they need a new o line and dline well pretty much a whole new defense...not reggie bush

wos fan1
12-11-2005, 06:16 PM
O i know. They need Linemen!!

Whsdogs
12-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
O i know. They need Linemen!!

for sure...look what davis has done without a good line..think of what could happen witha good one...i just personally think i would go with some type of lineman first or second draft...gotta think long term when building up a team not the short fixes cause bush will rack up yards no doubt...but the defense will do the same

sahen
12-11-2005, 06:46 PM
IF Bush goes into the draft you almost have to take him, people seem to forget he is a Junior not a Senior and the last 2 Heisman winners have gone back to school the next year before turning pro......Now, honestly I think Bush is going to go into the Draft because USC will be losing Leinart and Bush could come back and not have a chance at a title because no one knows how good the next group of guys are going to be, Leinart came back cause a lot of the guys that played w/ him his junior year were coming back, including Bush.....If Bush comes out and goes pro you pretty much have to take him, you dont want to pass up in the draft a guy that many are touting as the next great player.....yeah he could be a bust but running backs normally do well on the next level if they won the Heisman in college, its the quarterbacks that have the hardest time adjusting......Just think if you pass him up and he becomes the next Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers, Emmit Smith, or OJ Simpson (I bring him up since he is the only guy to ever get more votes in the Heisman race).....Davis is a good back for the Texans now but he most likely is not going to turn into the next great back, Bush however could...you can always get Olinemen in with your 1st pick in the 2nd or 3rd round....

Whsdogs
12-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by sahen
IF Bush goes into the draft you almost have to take him, people seem to forget he is a Junior not a Senior and the last 2 Heisman winners have gone back to school the next year before turning pro......Now, honestly I think Bush is going to go into the Draft because USC will be losing Leinart and Bush could come back and not have a chance at a title because no one knows how good the next group of guys are going to be, Leinart came back cause a lot of the guys that played w/ him his junior year were coming back, including Bush.....If Bush comes out and goes pro you pretty much have to take him, you dont want to pass up in the draft a guy that many are touting as the next great player.....yeah he could be a bust but running backs normally do well on the next level if they won the Heisman in college, its the quarterbacks that have the hardest time adjusting......Just think if you pass him up and he becomes the next Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers, Emmit Smith, or OJ Simpson (I bring him up since he is the only guy to ever get more votes in the Heisman race).....Davis is a good back for the Texans now but he most likely is not going to turn into the next great back, Bush however could...you can always get Olinemen in with your 1st pick in the 2nd or 3rd round....

yah but u gotta think though..emmit was a GREAT back and i loved him but barry sanders was even better...he was just on a crappy team..its not the running back that wins you games its the team in general..like the old saying..offense wins you games but defense wins you championships...reggie bush will be a great running back no doubt about it but he wont make the texans any better than barry sanders made the lions

Whsdogs
12-11-2005, 06:53 PM
only reason i guess they would take reggie bush is to keep him away from a very high powered offense that needs that really good runningback and already have that defense and other things...

sahen
12-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
yah but u gotta think though..emmit was a GREAT back and i loved him but barry sanders was even better...he was just on a crappy team..its not the running back that wins you games its the team in general..like the old saying..offense wins you games but defense wins you championships...reggie bush will be a great running back no doubt about it but he wont make the texans any better than barry sanders made the lions
the lions had some decent years with barry sanders....he left after the management obviously showed they could care less about winning, but that is another subject.....look prolly only 2 or 3 linemen are going to be picked in the first round, linemen are a lot like quarterbacks in teh draft, success in college doesn't mean success in the NFL....I say you take Bush and then take your linemen in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.....the difference between picking a lineman in the 1st round and 2nd or 3rd is really no big deal....yah there might be one or 2 big names but the odds r the guy that is going to do the best is the one that plays for the school we never heard of....

Whsdogs
12-11-2005, 06:57 PM
the lions had some decent years with barry sanders....he left after the management obviously showed they could care less about winning, but that is another subject.....look prolly only 2 or 3 linemen are going to be picked in the first round, linemen are a lot like quarterbacks in teh draft, success in college doesn't mean success in the NFL....I say you take Bush and then take your linemen in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.....the difference between picking a lineman in the 1st round and 2nd or 3rd is really no big deal....yah there might be one or 2 big names but the odds r the guy that is going to do the best is the one that plays for the school we never heard of....

that is true...i think they can choose a line later in the draft..but sometime you have to start thinkin about your defense and the rush that they can put on opposing qb's...maybe look for some d lineman to be picked also...

BigTexasSports
12-11-2005, 08:57 PM
In response to the statement that Houston would only take Bush to keep some other team with a good defense from drafting him.... CRAZY.....

You don't waste the #1 pick in the draft by playing keep away.... AND no team drafting high enough to get Bush has a great defense.....

Houston will either keep the pick and take someone else or trade the pick and get multiple picks and players in return....

Whsdogs
12-11-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by BigTexasSports
In response to the statement that Houston would only take Bush to keep some other team with a good defense from drafting him.... CRAZY.....

You don't waste the #1 pick in the draft by playing keep away.... AND no team drafting high enough to get Bush has a great defense.....

Houston will either keep the pick and take someone else or trade the pick and get multiple picks and players in return....

i know that if u didnt read my other post...i said that to show that they prob. should not..in my opinion..take reggie bush first round if they get the chance

Da Wata Boy
12-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Well no wander they suck Carr has been sacked 74 times and they have one of the highest paid lines in the leage

Whsdogs
12-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Da Wata Boy
Well no wander they suck Carr has been sacked 74 times and they have one of the highest paid lines in the leage

did not know they had one of the highest paid o lines....they should just wipe out all of their salaries and get some free agents or somethin cause im sure they could do just as good for a whole lot less in that case lol

AggieJohn
12-12-2005, 12:10 AM

yeah but the last two that did that lost all of their draft potential and i think he realizes that...i think he comes out, plus last two heisman winners were qb's which are much more durable than RB's

hutex04
12-12-2005, 12:18 AM
I call it now, Mack brown will be texans new coach and they will draft
Vince young with the first pic. Say goodbye to David Carr

sahen
12-12-2005, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yeah but the last two that did that lost all of their draft potential and i think he realizes that...i think he comes out, plus last two heisman winners were qb's which are much more durable than RB's
Leinart didnt lose his draft potential....he isnt being picked first but he will be drafted high, probably still a first round pick....now White lost all of his, but he was a questionable first rounder the year he won it to begin with....

sahen
12-12-2005, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Da Wata Boy
not that it matters but Carr has been sacked 55 times this year....74 was the amount of times he was sacked in their inaugral year to set the record i believe....

neck_06
12-12-2005, 08:42 AM
look for the "Reggie" chants to start next week