SnyTigBaseB07
12-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Tatum by 14

Rabbit'93
12-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Tatum by 3

hutex04
12-11-2005, 03:03 PM
what kinda offense does tatum run? Anyone can tell me some about Tatum, i would greatly appreciate it

PPHSfan
12-11-2005, 03:26 PM
Tatum runs the ole Score at will in the second half offense.

TatumEagle '99
12-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
what kinda offense does tatum run? Anyone can tell me some about Tatum, i would greatly appreciate it

Tatum runs a shotgun two back set. We basically run, run, run, run and then run some more. You will see a lot of the veer option where the QB either hands off to one of the running backs or keeps himself. They will mix in a quick hitting pass here or there to keep you honest.

I know nothing about Hutto, but I will tell you this, I have now seen Tatum play 3 times this year and every game was "close" in the first half. Second half is a different story, as most of these Sweetwater fans on here can attest. If this game is close at half-time you will see a completely different, dominate team in the second half and the game will be over before you know it.

Either way, good luck to Hutto.

formermbcouns
12-11-2005, 03:56 PM
I have underestimated Hutto all year...not this time, though. I hope and think they will win it all.

Old Tiger
12-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Lets go Hutto(D-19)!!!

Highschoolfan78
12-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Tatum

hutex04
12-11-2005, 04:28 PM
hmm, so im gonna say a low scoring game. Both Defenses are good. I think this game is won in the trenches. Good luck and safe travels to hutto and tatum fans

Pmoney
12-11-2005, 05:27 PM
gotta go w/ Hutto in a close one

I Bleed Red08
12-11-2005, 05:31 PM
gotta go with tatum
SPREAD THE GREEN lol

Green Ranger
12-11-2005, 05:53 PM
I was at the Sweetwater Tatum game, Tatum did not play Championship football. They were a class act as well as those who I talked to in the parking lot. However the Tatum Band needs to show a bit more class. I do not know anything about Hutto but for the sake of Sweetwater I hope it goes to Tatum.

HipposGitErDun
12-11-2005, 06:53 PM
I know absolutely nothing about Tatum, except the fact that if they have made it this far, they are good.

As for Hutto, this is a team of destiny. They have had a very tough playoff road with 3 of their victims ranked in the top 5 in 3A, including invincible and undisputed #1 Cuero last night. We had 2 drives that consumed more than 8 minutes last night against a defense that many thought we could not run on. The last, and game winning drive began with 9:16 on the clock and ended with 46 seconds remaining for Cuero to desperately try and score.

I wish all from both schools safe travels, and pick the Hippos in a close one, 24-20.

3afan
12-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Green Ranger
... the Tatum Band needs to show a bit more class....

please elaborate .....

SnyTigBaseB07
12-11-2005, 07:50 PM
ya im not following on that one either.....

sicem74
12-11-2005, 09:21 PM
GO TATUM

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
Just wanted to see yall think is going to win the D2 title and comment on it

To be honest. I thought we had a chance against Tatum. I thought
Hutto had no chance against Cuero. There for, While I WANT Tatum
to win. I gotta believe Hutto WILL win.

Stownhorse
12-11-2005, 09:52 PM
By what I've seen...Tatum Wins.....By what I want......HUTTO beats the #$#% out of Tatum.....Go Hippos!

smustangs
12-11-2005, 10:04 PM
GO TATUM BEAT THE HIPPOS
SPREAD THE GREEN(wish i was sayin spread the red but go get em' GREEN)

Mustangpride09
12-11-2005, 10:22 PM
I just dont see hutto pulling this one off. Both these teams were underestimated at the beginning of the season. But i just dont see hutto stopping that offense or scoring on that defense.

Comeaux
12-11-2005, 10:45 PM
Tatum has been underrated all year. After all they are the smallest enrollment in 3A.

Tatum will rise to the occasion and Coach Andy Evans and his staff will make adjustments at the half as necessary just like they did against Argyle.

The scary thing about Tatum is that they are going to be better next year than they are this year. They have speed and more speed. Look for them to win the state track meet this year.

Pigtrapper
12-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Where is this game to be played? Would love to see who beat my Rice team..... did not get to see Hutto v Rice but will support Hutto since outcome. Met a Hutto coaches mother and brother in law at B.F.Terry HS 4a playoff game, very nice people. On vacation now and starving for good HS Football.......If Altair Rice goes 2a watch out.....

Comeaux
12-11-2005, 11:17 PM
6:00 pm Saturday in Texas Stadium.

Pigtrapper
12-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Thanks.......

S-WtrMustangFan
12-12-2005, 01:22 AM
Tatums big D will punish Hutto.Go Tatum !!! Spread The Green !!!!

Dogman_1969
12-12-2005, 08:36 AM
I think that Hutto's O-line will wear down the Tatum D late in the game by ball control and eating up the clock. The Hippo's will line up in that power I set and drive the length of the field a couple of times and will finish the night State Champs.

Good Luck Hutto!! You've made District 19 really proud............

Green Ranger
12-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Again I am not trying to take away anything from Tatum (the football team) or their win, however the band "in my opinion" could have acted with a little more class. The first thing that the Tatum band played after the kick off at the Sweetwater game was Hey, Hey, Hey, - Good bye. Tatum won the game and I wish them the best of luck at the same time Sweetwater shot themselves in the foot with three early turnovers. Tatum is playing Hutto for it all. I wish them both the best of luck.

chugbug
12-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Beware of Hutto. Tatum's Big D will not punish Hutto. Tatum needs to watchout for Hutto's Big O-Line. Their Defense is alot better than everyone gives them credit for. Ask Rice, Marlin,Bridge City, Cameron,and Cuero. I have become a believer. Hutto wins state.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

rockdale80
12-12-2005, 10:05 AM
I think it is funny that the majority of the Sweetwater people are so conceded that they believe since Tatum beat them, then Hutto doesnt stand a chance. :rolleyes:

Tatum_Fan
12-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I think it is funny that the majority of the Sweetwater people are so conceded that they believe since Tatum beat them, then Hutto doesnt stand a chance. :rolleyes:

That is pretty much a cheap shot. Any board that you go to about Texas HS football, you will see time after time fans rooting for the team that beat them out. Our district (16-3A) have came out in the masses in support of Tatum - does that mean that they are ALL conceded? If you have to get beat, then why not let it be by the state champion?

The distances between teams in the playoffs makes the Unknown a huge factor. Saturday, Sweetwater fans had a chance to get to know a little bit about an East Texas town named Tatum, apparently they liked what they saw. That's not being conceded.

sweetwater07
12-12-2005, 11:15 AM
they were just acting like fools......jumping up and down and banging on the drums and doing that little hand up and down thing....don't know what its called...

rockdale80
12-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Tatum_Fan
That is pretty much a cheap shot. Any board that you go to about Texas HS football, you will see time after time fans rooting for the team that beat them out. Our district (16-3A) have came out in the masses in support of Tatum - does that mean that they are ALL conceded? If you have to get beat, then why not let it be by the state champion?

The distances between teams in the playoffs makes the Unknown a huge factor. Saturday, Sweetwater fans had a chance to get to know a little bit about an East Texas town named Tatum, apparently they liked what they saw. That's not being conceded.

You think that was a cheap shot? Go back and read some of the posts. Saying Tatum can't be beat by Hutto because they beat Sweetwater isnt the same thing as saying I support Tatum because they beat Sweetwater in the playoffs, district, predistrict or whatever. Routing for the team that beats you is natural and I understand that totally, but saying Hutto cannot beat Tatum unless Tatum loses the game themselves takes away from Hutto before the game is ever played.

Phantom Stang
12-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Rockdale80, I've never seen Hutto play, so I don't know much about them. I did however see Tatum play, and one thing's for certain......

TATUM IS GOOD!!!!:D

WTF-82
12-12-2005, 03:24 PM
This will be a great game but, I also believe Tatum will win it all in Div 2.

PHS Wildcats
12-12-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Green Ranger
Again I am not trying to take away anything from Tatum (the football team) or their win, however the band "in my opinion" could have acted with a little more class. The first thing that the Tatum band played after the kick off at the Sweetwater game was Hey, Hey, Hey, - Good bye. Tatum won the game and I wish them the best of luck at the same time Sweetwater shot themselves in the foot with three early turnovers. Tatum is playing Hutto for it all. I wish them both the best of luck.

They play that at every game, that's there little chant, they did that last year when we played them. This yrs game was called off due to Hurricane Rita

Boosty_Hondo
12-12-2005, 08:01 PM
i hope hutto wins this one