PDA

View Full Version : Comments for Sweetwater/West Texas

whatdoiknow?
12-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Even though I am in the north central part of the state, I consider my community to be more west than east in attitudes, etc. The thing I don't understand about people in West Texas and Sweetwater in particular is what makes them the authority on high school football. Living near the metroplex offers us an opportunity to see a variety of teams play. What I have seen is no region has a monopoly on talent, speed, heart or desire. I can't tell you how many times I have read a post from the west talk about how much harder the kids in their area hit or that their kids play with more heart. Sweetwater loves to talk about smash mouth football and running the ball. That is like bragging about being one dimensional. If they had the passing game of Bridgeport, Southlake, or Stephenville, they would brag about being balanced. Someone said Colin Jones can't be player of the year because he is a product of "a system". With 1800 yards rushing and 1200yards receiving, I'll take that system anytime. The fact of the matter is he is 6'1"-197lbs and runs a 4.4 forty. He is the result of genetics, not a system. Kids that love the game of football will play hard, play with heart, hit hard and be succesfull whether they are in the north, south, east or west. The amount of trash talking Sweetwater does pretty much takes the cake though. There are great football teams all over Texas and Sweetwater is not the Mecca of high school football. It is a great town with great tradition and one of many good football teams around. Get off you high horses and enjoy high school football for what it is, wherever it is.

SnyTigBaseB07
12-11-2005, 02:02 PM
I think that if you dont actually live in the West Texas area you have no right to speak. Ya'll do it differently in the North. Frankly its all opinion. And frankly you denigrating our W.T. tradition and spirit means that u obviously think that you're better than us, so why dont you step off ur HIGH HORSE and just leave us be.

whatdoiknow?
12-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Does that not prove my point?

SnyTigBaseB07
12-11-2005, 02:09 PM
not quite...cuz im not from sweetwater :D

whatdoiknow?
12-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Then why did you feel the need to reply?

Iowa Park alum
12-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by whatdoiknow?
.... The thing I don't understand about people in West Texas and Sweetwater in particular is what makes them the authority on high school football. ....... Kids that love the game of football will play hard, play with heart, hit hard and be succesfull whether they are in the north, south, east or west. The amount of trash talking Sweetwater does pretty much takes the cake though. There are great football teams all over Texas and Sweetwater is not the Mecca of high school football. It is a great town with great tradition and one of many good football teams around. Get off you high horses and enjoy high school football for what it is, wherever it is.

At this time, when you think of dominance and tradition you think of Celina & Southlake Carroll. Both metroplex teams. Sweetwater doesn't come to mind. I think we all know it's about enrollment numbers, transfers, luck, & coaching, to name a few. Has nothing to do with regions.

Sweetwater has every right and should be proud of their team, but reading them talk of how great they are was getting a little old.

SnyTigBaseB07
12-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Then why did you feel the need to reply?

because you didnt just talk about s'water...you talked about west texas period...you can say all ya want about s'water saying their team is the best, when you say that all west texas teams do that, then you're wrong.

keenoace
12-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Even though I am in the north central part of the state, I consider my community to be more west than east in attitudes, etc. The thing I don't understand about people in West Texas and Sweetwater in particular is what makes them the authority on high school football. Living near the metroplex offers us an opportunity to see a variety of teams play. What I have seen is no region has a monopoly on talent, speed, heart or desire. I can't tell you how many times I have read a post from the west talk about how much harder the kids in their area hit or that their kids play with more heart. Sweetwater loves to talk about smash mouth football and running the ball. That is like bragging about being one dimensional. If they had the passing game of Bridgeport, Southlake, or Stephenville, they would brag about being balanced. Someone said Colin Jones can't be player of the year because he is a product of "a system". With 1800 yards rushing and 1200yards receiving, I'll take that system anytime. The fact of the matter is he is 6'1"-197lbs and runs a 4.4 forty. He is the result of genetics, not a system. Kids that love the game of football will play hard, play with heart, hit hard and be succesfull whether they are in the north, south, east or west. The amount of trash talking Sweetwater does pretty much takes the cake though. There are great football teams all over Texas and Sweetwater is not the Mecca of high school football. It is a great town with great tradition and one of many good football teams around. Get off you high horses and enjoy high school football for what it is, wherever it is.

Oh give me a break!!!! At least we play with what athletes we have. And west texas teams seem to be doing very well the last couple of years. We dont have the luxury of talent you guys have. The stud form another school can easily move to another in the metroplaex and easily get away with it. And just make that team even better.To me it seems unfair.

Mustangpride09
12-11-2005, 03:44 PM
West texas teams are almost always smaller and almost always the underdogs. I dont see what trash talking your commenting on. I KNOW for a fact that the players dont. Because if they infact did than coach jackson would have his way with them. That my friend, is certain. You have no right to comment on west texas or sweetwater in particular.

Matthew328
12-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by keenoace
Oh give me a break!!!! At least we play with what athletes we have. And west texas teams seem to be doing very well the last couple of years. We dont have the luxury of talent you guys have. The stud form another school can easily move to another in the metroplaex and easily get away with it. And just make that team even better.To me it seems unfair.

How is it easier in DFW to transfer?? Everyone plays by the same rules..

Tweeder215
12-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Most of the posters on here from Sweetwater that I saw did no such thing. Sure we talk about being good because we normally do have a good football team but we in no way take anything away from anyone else. There was no "Trash Talking". We support our team as we will continue to do. The only real trash talking that I ever see out of most Sweetwater posters on this board is in reference to Snyder (not that I condone that but that is how it is). I am from Sweetwater and never once have you seen me say anything negative about another team, I simply build up the team that I follow without taking away from any of the other teams that we have played. I'm harder on Sweetwater than I am on anyone else because I expect great things from that school and that program. So for you to say that we trash talk everybody is not only slanderous but just flat out ignorant. Now I might agree with you that we are on what you would call a "high horse" but that is pride, something that we have spent the last 50 years winning football games to acquire. I'm sorry that it offends you that everyone from Sweetwater believes in their team unconditionally and maybe sometimes even blindly but who in the heck are you to bash one of the few things that our little town, and the rest of West Texas with their own teams, has to believe in.

Phantom Stang
12-11-2005, 04:08 PM
All I have is a question for you wdik.
What High School do YOU support?

WestTXLonghorn
12-11-2005, 05:02 PM
LOL. This guy is a total idiot. He's trying to talk trash about the SECOND WINNINGEST TEAM IN 3A IN THE PAST TWENTY YEARS!!!!

Also, a lot of those wins came when Sweetwater was the SMALLEST 4A school around. So, yes, Sweetwater is great in football and has been doing it for a lot longer than any team you're associated with. So, go take your foot out of your mouth and stick to commenting on things you actually know about. Maybe the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or something like that.

how about we leave the personal stuff out of it?

Thanks, slpybear

I Bleed Red08
12-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
LOL. This guy is a total idiot. He's trying to talk trash about the SECOND WINNINGEST TEAM IN 3A IN THE PAST TWENTY YEARS!!!!

Also, a lot of those wins came when Sweetwater was the SMALLEST 4A school around. So, yes, Sweetwater is great in football and has been doing it for a lot longer than any team you're associated with. So, go take your foot out of your mouth and stick to commenting on things you actually know about. Maybe the Special Olympics or something like that. ha ha he is right i saw that thread on here. I think i saw another post that said that our kicker is number 3 in the state, and another that had skye and joseph in the top 20 for offensive players.

Whsdogs
12-11-2005, 05:56 PM
i think this guy might have messed up talkin about sweetwater and west texas football...insert foot here :o lol...and the reason west texas football is talked about alot from people who played west texas football is because we hear from anyone in anyother part of the state that east texas and such are just soooo much better...it gets old really...dont know football until u been out on a practice field with not grass but dirt...and played on a grass field not turf..

wildstangs
12-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Every town that has success will have its fans come out and brag about their team. Some just take it a little too far.

sw_mustang_mom
12-11-2005, 07:07 PM
well, whatdoiknow, your name says it all...the answer would be "nothing about Sweetwater or West Texas football!" Being from Sweetwater is a matter of PRIDE! I don't even have a son on the team, and won't for another 5 years, but my husband played for the Sweetwater Mustangs, my little brother was an All-District Linebacker for the Mustangs in 1994, my daughter is a trainer for them now, her boyfriend is a starting player for the Mustangs, and my son has been playing for the Sweetwater Youth Football League Mustangs since he was 4 years old. My husband is actually the League president! I and my whole family can say "We bleed RED!!!" It's not that we think we are "better than anyone else", we are just proud of our team/s. We absolutely LOVE Mustang Football, and will support our team/s through thick & thin, wins & losses, good & bad. I don't intend to "trash talk" anyone...I'm just supporting my team! GO RED!!!!!

SnyTigBaseB07
12-11-2005, 07:09 PM
haha im glad ya'll have my side on this!

Whsdogs
12-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
haha im glad ya'll have my side on this!

haha represent that west texas football!

im sure that comment is goin to get blasted because in that sentence somehow i had to say the east and central texas football stinks...i just know it lol:p

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Iowa Park alum
At this time, when you think of dominance and tradition you think of Celina & Southlake Carroll. Both metroplex teams. Sweetwater doesn't come to mind. I think we all know it's about enrollment numbers, transfers, luck, & coaching, to name a few. Has nothing to do with regions.

Sweetwater has every right and should be proud of their team, but reading them talk of how great they are was getting a little old.

Tradition...SLC??? We won our first play-off game in 1916. How
bout SLC??? Dominance??? We are the second winningest
current 3A school over the last twenty years. We did most of that
as a small 4A school.
Yes, we toot our own horn. But, we give credit where credit is
due. We know when we were beaten by the better team.

Good game Tatum. Good luck against Hutto. Ya'll gotta win so
we can say we lost to the champs :) .

SnyTigBaseB07
12-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Good game Tatum. Good luck against Hutto. Ya'll gotta win so
we can say we lost to the champs :) .

I remember when we lost against monahans..everyone was like...i want them to win so we can say we lost to the champs.

I guess it applies here too!

Tear em up Tatum! Stomp dem Hippos...

**no matter how hard i try to make that sound serious...stomp dem hippos.....wow

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2005, 09:16 PM
I know right...stompin a hippo is like...squashing a ladybug...or...
kicking a black cat. Seems like bad karma to me.

whatdoiknow?
12-11-2005, 10:02 PM

Also, a lot of those wins came when Sweetwater was the SMALLEST 4A school around. So, yes, Sweetwater is great in football and has been doing it for a lot longer than any team you're associated with. So, go take your foot out of your mouth and stick to commenting on things you actually know about. Maybe the Special Olympics or something like that.

There you have it. A typical response from many of the Sweetwater posters. If someone does not bleed red, they are an idiot. Read my post again but this time read it all the way through. I said Sweetwater is a great town with great tradition. I also said they have a good football team. I also said no region or area has a monopoly on talent, heart, etc. To say I have no right to comment on Sweetwater or west texas is about the most ridiculous comment of all. As for talking trash, I never said the players do, I was referring to the posts on here and other message boards. I have never made a negative comment about any of the players. For people tough enough to live in West Texas, you sure have thin skin.

Mustangpride09
12-11-2005, 10:10 PM
You post as if we were stating that we would slaughter tatum. What you should be doing is badmouthing the Cuero user's that predicted a 21+ win against hutto.

whatdoiknow?
12-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Don't pick on us...pick on them? Go back through and read the posts for Sweetwater and any other opponent they have played including Tatum. Sweetwater and Cuero talked the most and both have to, in the words of several Sweetwater posters, lace up the converse.

Mustangpride09
12-11-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm saying not pick on anyone. But if you must pick on someone dont pick on the user's that werent predicting a HUGE win.

Whsdogs
12-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Don't pick on us...pick on them? Go back through and read the posts for Sweetwater and any other opponent they have played including Tatum. Sweetwater and Cuero talked the most and both have to, in the words of several Sweetwater posters, lace up the converse.

your the one bringing this whole situation up...give evidence of what you brought up..dont ask other people to give evidence its your arguement not theirs

WestTXLonghorn
12-11-2005, 10:58 PM

What do you know? Not much. . .

The comment removed from here was uncalled for.

I think the reason for you thinking most of the trash talk was from Sweetwater/Cuero is because those people dominate this board numbers wise. Go to smoaky.com and all you heard all week was about how SUPERDY-DUPERDY STUPENDOUS the Tatum Eagles were and how God was like way lamer than them and stuff. Why? Because that's an East TX board with mainly E Tx people. There aren't that many Hutto people around because this is the first year than team has ever been this good and gone this far.

You, sir, have been owned. Crawl back into the hole whence you came and ne'er bother us kindly folk again!

Mustangpride09
12-11-2005, 11:09 PM

ouch

Whsdogs
12-11-2005, 11:13 PM
can this guy be serious? and can he even say that on this board cause if not he should be immediately rom'd after a comment such as that..unbelievable, grow up a little bit

Ranger Mom
12-11-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
can this guy be serious? and can he even say that on this board cause if not he should be immediately rom'd after a comment such as that..unbelievable, grow up a little bit

I agree, that is a little harsh!

I will give him the chance to edit it himself, or I will go back and do it tomorrow if it hasn't been done. I will have to edit the quotes anyway probably!

slpybear the bullfan
12-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I agree, that is a little harsh!

I will give him the chance to edit it himself, or I will go back and do it tomorrow if it hasn't been done. I will have to edit the quotes anyway probably!

ditto!

jmcgee
12-11-2005, 11:56 PM
There you have it. A typical response from many of the Sweetwater posters. If someone does not bleed red, they are an idiot. Read my post again but this time read it all the way through. I said Sweetwater is a great town with great tradition. I also said they have a good football team. I also said no region or area has a monopoly on talent, heart, etc. To say I have no right to comment on Sweetwater or west texas is about the most ridiculous comment of all. As for talking trash, I never said the players do, I was referring to the posts on here and other message boards. I have never made a negative comment about any of the players. For people tough enough to live in West Texas, you sure have thin skin. I remember a certain poster saying I have thin skin wonder if your him? not saying any names. (LewP)!@!!!!!!

Whsdogs
12-11-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by jmcgee
I remember a certain poster saying I have thin skin wonder if your him? not saying any names. (LewP)!@!!!!!!

lol..was it cause your from west texas or somethin like that???

jmcgee
12-12-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
lol..was it cause your from west texas or somethin like that??? No It was for somethin else.

Whsdogs
12-12-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
No It was for somethin else.

oh

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-12-2005, 12:18 AM
I sure like West Texas football. But for that matter I love all Texas Football.

Some Sweetwater posters have touted their team a lot on this board. More than most of the other West Texas teams. That is ok for them to do heck that is why we have this forum.

We all play good football all over the state. Now with that being said, other than Abilene Wylie last year -- In 3A East Texas has had some great teams as of the recent past. Look at the past 5 years rather than 20.

DII
Region I Versus Region II
2003 Atlanta over Vernon
2004 Gilmer over Snyder
2005 Tatum over Sweetwater

BTW Gainesville was Region II when they won their state championship in 2003.

If anyone has the right to smack talk it is Region II IMO.

whatdoiknow?
12-12-2005, 12:04 PM

I think the reason for you thinking most of the trash talk was from Sweetwater/Cuero is because those people dominate this board numbers wise. Go to smoaky.com and all you heard all week was about how SUPERDY-DUPERDY STUPENDOUS the Tatum Eagles were and how God was like way lamer than them and stuff. Why? Because that's an East TX board with mainly E Tx people. There aren't that many Hutto people around because this is the first year than team has ever been this good and gone this far.

You, sir, have been owned. Crawl back into the hole whence you came and ne'er bother us kindly folk again!

The quote was removed before I could read it but I suspect it contradicts the kindly folks comment in this post.

Phantom Stang
12-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
All I have is a question for you wdik.
What High School do YOU support?
I'm still waiting for an answer.:thinking:

Whsdogs
12-12-2005, 12:29 PM
yah answer the man..i wanna know too:thinking:

smustangs
12-12-2005, 12:34 PM
im curious to know what was un called for can someone pm with what he said?

ftrmustangmom
12-12-2005, 01:25 PM
I believe that you generalize a statement that is not true, Does Sweetwater believe they have a great team, of course they do. Does Sweetwater believe that they are the Mecca of High School Football, I don't believe I have seen that Statement on this board. If someone has offended you by saying that then address that person and don't put everyone from a certain area in one classification. I am proud to be from Sweetwater, The people in this town love the community and are true to their school. Do we smack talk? some do at some time or another but not everyone. I believe with all my heart that West Texas plays great football, that is not to say that other areas of the state do not. I am a football nut, My youngest son plays youth league football and loves every minute of it. I am a big fan of the system that Sweetwater has and of Coach Jackson and his coaching staff, we are very blessed, so if you take that as us thinking that West Texas Football, Sweetwater, is the be all end all of football then I guess it is. I am not a fair weather fan, but a fan always and I will always think that the Mustangs and Sweetwater are the best. You root for your team and say what you want for them and I will cheer for my team no matter what. If it offends you I am sorry I don't think that that has ever been the intention of anyone on this board.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by ftrmustangmom
I believe that you generalize a statement that is not true, Does Sweetwater believe they have a great team, of course they do. Does Sweetwater believe that they are the Mecca of High School Football, I don't believe I have seen that Statement on this board. If someone has offended you by saying that then address that person and don't put everyone from a certain area in one classification. I am proud to be from Sweetwater, The people in this town love the community and are true to their school. Do we smack talk? some do at some time or another but not everyone. I believe with all my heart that West Texas plays great football, that is not to say that other areas of the state do not. I am a football nut, My youngest son plays youth league football and loves every minute of it. I am a big fan of the system that Sweetwater has and of Coach Jackson and his coaching staff, we are very blessed, so if you take that as us thinking that West Texas Football, Sweetwater, is the be all end all of football then I guess it is. I am not a fair weather fan, but a fan always and I will always think that the Mustangs and Sweetwater are the best. You root for your team and say what you want for them and I will cheer for my team no matter what. If it offends you I am sorry I don't think that that has ever been the intention of anyone on this board.

There has been some very "Homer" posts regarding Sweetwater and the Mustang team this year. Problem is they won the region so it is hard to knock them. For example one sweetwater poster continued to say how my team (Vernon) was terrible. He was of this opinion because he saw both teams scrimmage each other and the Mustangs man handled the Lions that day. However, he never would admit that against common opponents (Cylde and Wylie for example that Vernon's offense scored more than Sweetwater. I'm sure this poster is a high school age kid that had no idea what he was talking about.

Also I had to call out a Sweetwater poster that said I was full of it on the case of the Dallas Cowboys home sell out record. Of which the guy never took his crow for being wrong.

jmcgee
12-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
There has been some very "Homer" posts regarding Sweetwater and the Mustang team this year. Problem is they won the region so it is hard to knock them. For example one sweetwater poster continued to say how my team (Vernon) was terrible. He was of this opinion because he saw both teams scrimmage each other and the Mustangs man handled the Lions that day. However, he never would admit that against common opponents (Cylde and Wylie for example that Vernon's offense scored more than Sweetwater. I'm sure this poster is a high school age kid that had no idea what he was talking about.

Also I had to call out a Sweetwater poster that said I was full of it on the case of the Dallas Cowboys home sell out record. Of which the guy never took his crow for being wrong. Well then why are you worried about it. The guy you are talkin about about the cowboy home sell out was wrong and you know he was wrong. And you know common opponents and scrimmages mean nothing. I'm sure you have made some very "homer" posts before about Vernon. i know I have about the Mustangs. Its just natural to do so. So why are we even talking about this its pointless.

ftrmustangmom
12-12-2005, 01:43 PM
I agree with you that there has been some "Homer" post on this board, that goes without saying for almost any true team backer. I don't however feel that a whole population should be sought out because of what a few people said. People as individuals say stupid things it's our nature. But do not put every one around them down. PM that person and debate them on that fact. If I am wrong I will graciously tell you that I am wrong. But as I have stated before. I am proud to be from Sweetwater and I will tell you that. I will not however tell you that your team is not worth watching, because to you they might very well be worth watching. All I am saying is don't put everyone into one class we all are different and everyone is allowed to have an opinion.

Black_Magic
12-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
The only real trash talking that I ever see out of most Sweetwater posters on this board is in reference to Snyder (not that I condone that but that is how it is). That is putting it lightly.:rolleyes: I hope you guys are in our district especialy the next two years with the tallent we have comming up in the Frosh and Soph classes:D Its going to be sweet.

Ranger Mom
12-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
That is putting it lightly.:rolleyes: I hope you guys are in our district especialy the next two years with the tallent we have comming up in the Frosh and Soph classes:D Its going to be sweet.

Oh dear!:doh:

:D ;)

Bubba-Joe
12-12-2005, 02:26 PM
That is putting it lightly.:rolleyes: I hope you guys are in our district especialy the next two years with the tallent we have comming up in the Frosh and Soph classes:D Its going to be sweet.

Better hope that Monahans aint in the same Dist with snyder and Sweetwater

the tiggers might not make the playoffs

or could be out in round one
AGAIN

Black_Magic
12-12-2005, 02:35 PM
You beter hope no more teachers have to CHANGE grades anymore for you guys next year... . Snyder Will Reload. You know you dont want any of them so dont pretend you do. Snyder will be back .. Young, BIG and mean. Snyder started 7 sophs and 1 Frosh this year. two of those being the running backs Backs ( looks like they will be both over 200 Lbs next season)... Those Huge Frosh we have will be all ready and grown by next fall:D

Bubba-Joe
12-12-2005, 02:39 PM
You beter hope no more teachers have to CHANGE grades anymore for you guys next year... . Snyder Will Reload. You know you dont want any of them so dont pretend you do. Snyder will be back .. Young, BIG and mean. Snyder started 7 sophs and 1 Frosh this year. two of those being the running backs Backs ( looks like they will be both over 200 Lbs next season)... Those Huge Frosh we have will be all ready and grown by next fall:D

snyder home of the one season wonders

one round and done

what a season- you been talkin about next year for what 4-5 weeks now

guess snyder will be ranked high again
ouch that has to hurt
such high expectations
such low results
one and done - AGAIN

zeus63
12-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Man, Bubba has it out for the Tigers today. You ok Bubba?

Whsdogs
12-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
snyder home of the one season wonders

one round and done

what a season- you been talkin about next year for what 4-5 weeks now

guess snyder will be ranked high again
ouch that has to hurt
such high expectations
such low results
one and done - AGAIN

haha lol:clap: :p

WTF-82
12-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Come on Please with youre post.

Snyder will be tough
Sweetwater will be tough
Monahans will be tough
Wylie will be tough
Greenwood and the rest of the west texas football traditions will be tough. Dont smak on our football hek most of our great West texas coaches are all over texas coaching. Because they simply win games.

All these schools have great communities and great coaching it is just the start of a new era of rivalries between these schools hek next year could be very diffrent all these schools have some great young kids it is just going to be awesome in West Texas Football the next 10 years.

zeus63
12-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by ***-82

Snyder will be tough
Sweetwater will be tough
Monahans will be tough
Wylie will be tough
Greenwood and the rest of the west texas football traditions will be tough. Dont smak on our football hek most of our great West texas coaches are all over texas coaching. Because they simply win games.

All these schools have great communities and great coaching it is just the start of a new era of rivalries between these schools hek next year could be very diffrent all these schools have some great young kids it is just going to be awesome in West Texas Football the next 10 years.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nicely Put!!

red4ver
12-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
How is it easier in DFW to transfer?? Everyone plays by the same rules..

I can tell you from actual experience how it is easier to transfer in the metroplex, and how it actually happens. We moved to Keller and lived there for two years. I worked for the school administration and KHS had a real fast freshman whose dad worked maintenance for the school district. He was starting on varsity, as was my son who was a junior, and everyone had great hopes for his future. Keller actually made it to the playoffs that year for the first time in 19 years!

At the school office, everyone kept saying, don't worry, he won't be here next year. Sure enough, his dad started working for Southlake Carrol the next year, for more money of course, and they moved only 3 blocks from where they had previously lived, but into the Southlake District.

Whsdogs
12-13-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by ***-82

Snyder will be tough
Sweetwater will be tough
Monahans will be tough
Wylie will be tough

wylie will be tougher!!!:D haha jk i dont think tougher is even a word! :p :p

S-WtrMustangFan
12-13-2005, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by sw_mustang_mom
well, whatdoiknow, your name says it all...the answer would be "nothing about Sweetwater or West Texas football!" Being from Sweetwater is a matter of PRIDE! I don't even have a son on the team, and won't for another 5 years, but my husband played for the Sweetwater Mustangs, my little brother was an All-District Linebacker for the Mustangs in 1994, my daughter is a trainer for them now, her boyfriend is a starting player for the Mustangs, and my son has been playing for the Sweetwater Youth Football League Mustangs since he was 4 years old. My husband is actually the League president! I and my whole family can say "We bleed RED!!!" It's not that we think we are "better than anyone else", we are just proud of our team/s. We absolutely LOVE Mustang Football, and will support our team/s through thick & thin, wins & losses, good & bad. I don't intend to "trash talk" anyone...I'm just supporting my team! GO RED!!!!! You Go Girl !!!!!

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2005, 01:16 AM
We just had five sophomores and freshmen start for us in the
3A div. II state semi-finals at Texas stadium. Is that all you got
Blacky? SOSA Tigers???

mustang04
12-13-2005, 01:21 AM
yes there are sweetwater homers...i LOVE sweetwater and yes i believe that 4 outta the past 5 years sweetwater had the talent to play in the state game if not win it...but things really never work out for us...injuries, coaching, etc....but life goes on

i really never degrade anyone THAT bad on here...ask just about every posetr...im just here man...im just here....

Whsdogs
12-13-2005, 01:28 AM
your there man, your there...

Sweetwater Red
12-13-2005, 01:31 AM
I have all the respect in the world for Greenwood and Wylie.
Monahans and Snyder not so much. They are the Cobra Kai and
we are the Meyagi doe karate.

jmcgee
12-13-2005, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I have all the respect in the world for Greenwood and Wylie.
Monahans and Snyder not so much. They are the Cobra Kai and
we are the Meyagi doe karate. They are the Cobra and we are the GI Joe!!!!:D

jmcgee
12-13-2005, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
yes there are sweetwater homers...i LOVE sweetwater and yes i believe that 4 outta the past 5 years sweetwater had the talent to play in the state game if not win it...but things really never work out for us...injuries, coaching, etc....but life goes on

i really never degrade anyone THAT bad on here...ask just about every posetr...im just here man...im just here.... Geeze Reg your my boy blue your my boy!!! :D