PDA

View Full Version : To Those Tough Young Men..........

ILS1
12-11-2005, 12:39 PM
.......of the Hutto Hippos football team. Some of those comments about having no class,chest bumping/thumping and cheap shots really got to me. I slept on it and thought about it. I'm too old and maybe wiser to get into a smack talking match with some of those younger posters. I was thinking about what these young men have been thru and had to endure this past season. And how they just circled around and leaned on each other during these very trying times and circumstances.

1. On Oct. 15th, a Hutto player's sister was killed in a freak accident during Olde Time Days celebration when she fell off a parade float.

2. 3 days later,the same player and family had their father involved in a serious motorcycle accident. He suffered life threating injuries,I believe he's still in the hospital.

3. On Oct. 22nd,FB #30 Shiloh Wampler's father passed away due to a heart attack. He was running an obstacle course, training to be a police officer for the Round Rock Police department.

4. On Nov. 30th,former Cuero student and he was a current Hutto student Jordan Jeremy De La Rosa was killed in a pedestrian/auto accident.

5. Then all this past week they had to go thru the UIL investigation fiasco for possible rule violations. They were cleared of ANY wrongdoing.

6. This past Thursday school was closed due to icy road conditions. I'm not sure if they even practice on Thursday. Driving was very dangerous and not recommended.

7. Plus,this is the furtherest any Hutto team has EVER gone in the playoffs or to the State Championship game for that matter. They are a history in the making team.

All that being said,forgive those young men who were chest bumping/thumping and celebrating a HUGE victory over perennial powerhouse Cuero. They were just letting out some frustrations and anguishing pain thru their celebrating. I think they deserve a little celebrating after what they have been thru this year.

Thanks,
ILS1

fbmom
12-11-2005, 12:51 PM
THANK YOU FOR SAYING IT SO WELL!!!!!

3afan
12-11-2005, 12:53 PM
probably anyone who complained was just a sore loser .....

Gobbla2001
12-11-2005, 02:49 PM
I would have gone crazy myself... it was the 5th round of the playoffs... not a formal dinner...

hutex04
12-11-2005, 03:01 PM
nicely put ILS1, i wanted to say what you just said but did not know how to put it. Thats what angered me last night, that these people have no idea what Hutto players have gone threw this year together, and they call them classless. If only they knew what a horrific year it has been for the players and town of hutto this year. But, I know they are good people and just letting there emotions get the best of them. Good luck and ill see yall in dallas SATURDAY! im gonna get my car all hippoed up.

un b weavable
12-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
All that being said,forgive those young men who were chest bumping/thumping and celebrating a HUGE victory over perennial powerhouse Cuero. They were just letting out some frustrations and anguishing pain thru their celebrating. I think they deserve a little celebrating after what they have been thru this year.

At first their celebrations seemed a little over the top but maybe thats just because i was on the cuero side. After i thought about it, i reallized that they were just having a little fun and i would have probably acted the same way if i was in their shoes. Congatulations on the win hippos, and good luck next week.

hutex04
12-11-2005, 03:15 PM
yeah its credit to Cuero, cause those kids know how good Cuero is and how much of a power they are. So yeah, excessive celebration may come off classless, but these kids are just really excited. I wish Cuero the best next year. 3rd times a charm

schu1213
12-11-2005, 04:45 PM
I would have been goin crazy too. After they were layin those huge hits on everyone i would have gotten pumped up too. Who the heck wouldnt? They just but it on our butts and they should be fired up.