PDA

View Full Version : Good Season Sweetwater

TatumEagle '99
12-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Well, what can I say. I am extremely proud of Tatum last night for sticcking it out and winning a tough game against a very good Sweetwater team. I think what you guys saw last night was what I had been trying to tell people earlier this week. Tatum came out and in the first half just traded blows back and forth. Sweetwater turned it over then Tatum came back and turned it over. A lot of that could have been nerves, good hitting whatever it was, well it wasn't the prettiest first half.

Tatum came out in the second half and you guys saw what pretty much every team this year has seen, and that is a well coached team that makes GREAT half time adjustments. From what I saw in the first half you guys were constantly beating us to the outside breaking our containment. When you guys kept saying you were fast I figured you were quick but not down right fast. That number #22, WOW. He just ran to the corner constantly and got 4 or 5 yards a pop. Anyway, what Tatum did in the second half was on the snap of the ball our corners would shoot up the field, our safeties would sprint out to the receivers to keep them honest where you guys couldnt pull up and throw. Essentially what that was doing, is because you guys run so many ball fakes in the backfield was give us 9 people in the box in enough of time that because our corners were pushing up on the outside, your runners had to cut back inside to our pursuit. Tatum didn't do this in the first half and your runners were fast enough to get right outside of the reach of our backers. Also, Tatum decided they wanted to tackle #36.

What I came away impressed was, your team played EXTREMELY hard. #36 and #22 are very very good players. #36 was killing me when he would go right up the middle on some of those traps and our big defensive lineman would just fall right off. He had to of outweighed him by a good 100 lbs. That just shows heart and dtermination.

ANyway, Congrats to Sweetwater on a very good season, nothing to be ashamed about at all. Good Luck to you guys next year for sure.

S-WtrMustangFan
12-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by TatumEagle '99
Well, what can I say. I am extremely proud of Tatum last night for sticcking it out and winning a tough game against a very good Sweetwater team. I think what you guys saw last night was what I had been trying to tell people earlier this week. Tatum came out and in the first half just traded blows back and forth. Sweetwater turned it over then Tatum came back and turned it over. A lot of that could have been nerves, good hitting whatever it was, well it wasn't the prettiest first half.

Tatum came out in the second half and you guys saw what pretty much every team this year has seen, and that is a well coached team that makes GREAT half time adjustments. From what I saw in the first half you guys were constantly beating us to the outside breaking our containment. When you guys kept saying you were fast I figured you were quick but not down right fast. That number #22, WOW. He just ran to the corner constantly and got 4 or 5 yards a pop. Anyway, what Tatum did in the second half was on the snap of the ball our corners would shoot up the field, our safeties would sprint out to the receivers to keep them honest where you guys couldnt pull up and throw. Essentially what that was doing, is because you guys run so many ball fakes in the backfield was give us 9 people in the box in enough of time that because our corners were pushing up on the outside, your runners had to cut back inside to our pursuit. Tatum didn't do this in the first half and your runners were fast enough to get right outside of the reach of our backers. Also, Tatum decided they wanted to tackle #36.

What I came away impressed was, your team played EXTREMELY hard. #36 and #22 are very very good players. #36 was killing me when he would go right up the middle on some of those traps and our big defensive lineman would just fall right off. He had to of outweighed him by a good 100 lbs. That just shows heart and dtermination.

ANyway, Congrats to Sweetwater on a very good season, nothing to be ashamed about at all. Good Luck to you guys next year for sure. Thank You !!!Go Tatum !!! Spread The Green !!!!

SnyTigBaseB07
12-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Haha i jumped on the s'water bandwagon too.

Great season ya'll! Cant wait for next year, it oughta be good!

I hope Tatum rips Hutto a new one! lol :D :D

TatumEagle '99
12-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
Haha i jumped on the s'water bandwagon too.

Great season ya'll! Cant wait for next year, it oughta be good!

I hope Tatum rips Hutto a new one! lol :D :D

They are sure going to try. I know nothing about Hutto. Anybody knows anything?

formermbcouns
12-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by TatumEagle '99
They are sure going to try. I know nothing about Hutto. Anybody knows anything?

Yeah, they're pretty good, LOL