Athens over Kemp
CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Fairfield over La Vega

GIRLS
THURSDAY
Gatesville - BYE
Crockett over Ennis
Mexia - BYE
La Vega over Dallas Greenhill School (FORFEIT)
Corsicana - BYE
Robinson over Palestine
Kerens - BYE
Fairfield over Teague

FRIDAY
Ennis over Dallas Greenhill School
Palestine over Teague
Crockett over Gatesville
Mexia over La Vega
Robinson over Corsicana
Fairfield over Kerens

SATURDAY
Dallas Greenhill School over Teague
Ennis over Palestine
Crockett over Mexia
Fairfield over Robinson
Gatesville over La Vega
Corsicana over Kerens
Robinson over Mexia
Gatesville over Corsicana
CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
Crockett over Fairfield

eagles_victory
12-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Glad to see fairfield boys won lol.:clap:

texasjeremy
12-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Fairfield has a very special team this year.

eagles_victory
12-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Fairfield has a very special team this year. Yea your right. Palestine has a good team to once they get more experienced. They will be a very good team.

mwynn05
12-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Fairfield has a very special team this year. I agree, this weekend was the first time i have really gotten to watch them and I was impressed especially when they manhandled a Crockett team that had really impressed me the day before. I was thinking Fairfield might be in trouble because they were going to be missing a guy or 2 because of the ACT and because Crockett looked really tough against University. This week the Eagles play Mart on Monday and Crockett once again on Friday and will round out 2005 in the Whataburger Classic.

texasjeremy
12-11-2005, 03:09 PM
I was very unimpressed with this years Palestine team, they looked like a bunch of football players playing basketball (which is exactly what they are). They don't hand the ball well and they don't shoot particularly well, but they are bigger, more physical, and better athletes than most teams they will face, they can rebound. But you may be right, they may need more experience, their roster has 1 senior, 11 juniors and 1 sophomore (and the senior, Leon Mickens, didn't play this weekend).

Fairfield was impressive because they play well as a team. They don't have any great players that will play bigtime college basketball, but have a team stacked full of good, solid players. I like their style of play, it reminds me alot of our style when I was at Palestine. We ran Nolan Richardson's "40 minutes of hell" defense and on offense push the floor all the time, got lots of fast break points and were always looking to take it to the basket.

eagles_victory, do you play, if so which number are you?

eagles_victory
12-11-2005, 03:13 PM
Yea i play i am number 5 you might now of saw me I didnt go in against Lavega. I am glad to here you say that because we work so hard on the team concept.

texasjeremy
12-11-2005, 03:13 PM
Palestine is gonna be in a dogfight for a playoff spot, because they are in an 8 team district. They are in very real danger of becoming the 1st sport in the school to miss the playoffs since they joined 3A last year.

21-3A
Crockett
Diboll
Huntington
Lufkin Hudson
Palestine
Palestine Westwood
Pollock Central
Rusk

texasjeremy
12-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Yea i play i am number 5 you might now of saw me I didnt go in against Lavega. I am glad to here you say that because we work so hard on the team concept.

Has that #11 committed anywhere? While he doesn't have the size to play bigtime college basketball, I was impressed and he could play somewhere. He definitly knows how to execute the fast break to perfection, which is getting to be rare among high school players.

eagles_victory
12-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Palestine is gonna be in a dogfight for a playoff spot, because they are in an 8 team district. They are in very real danger of becoming the 1st sport in the school to miss the playoffs since they joined 3A last year.

21-3A
Crockett
Diboll
Huntington
Lufkin Hudson
Palestine
Palestine Westwood
Pollock Central
Rusk We have played 3 of those teams. Palestine played us the best of Crockett Palestine and Westwood. I think Palestine will make it if they get better with handling the ball.

texasjeremy
12-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
We have played 3 of those teams. Palestine played us the best of Crockett Palestine and Westwood. I think Palestine will make it if they get better with handling the ball.

Yeah, they better, turnovers killed them against La Vega, they were only down 6 at the half, but then 28 2nd half turnovers (40 for the game) cost them bigtime.

eagles_victory
12-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Has that #11 committed anywhere? While he doesn't have the size to play bigtime college basketball, I was impressed and he could play somewhere. He definitly knows how to execute the fast break to perfection, which is getting to be rare among high school players. No he hasn't he has it in his head that he is better at baseball. When he is hitting his outside shots and free throws he is hard to stop. At times he struggles with confidence. But someone on our team is always picking him up we have great leadership. Did you see the kids on the bench standing up almost the whole game against Lavega?

texasjeremy
12-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Also, Fairfield has a very impressive facility for a 3A school, makes our ageing gym in Palestine look like a dump. Im glad I had the opportunity to come down to Fairfield and help with the tournament.

mwynn05
12-11-2005, 03:29 PM
I agree I loved seeing them run this weekend. La Vega has a great coach he had a great game play to win the game but almost stallig in the halfcourt to keep the game close. I think La Vega will be a short stop for him before he moves on to bigger and better things. One thing I have noticed about Fairfield is thye can put a 10-0 run on your before you know whats going on.

mwynn05
12-11-2005, 03:32 PM
I was very unimpressed with this years Palestine team, they looked like a bunch of football players playing basketball (which is exactly what they are). They don't hand the ball well and they don't shoot particularly well, but they are bigger, more physical, and better athletes than most teams they will face, they can rebound. But you may be right, they may need more experience, their roster has 1 senior, 11 juniors and 1 sophomore (and the senior, Leon Mickens, didn't play this weekend).
= If Palestine doesn't tur the ball over 40 times aginst La Vega it's a totally different game. I was watcing it and it looked like they couldnt even catch the ball when it was thrown to them I dont know what was wrong with them