PDA

View Full Version : Arlington police!!!

Matthew328
10-23-2001, 02:50 PM
Man I hate getting tickets!! Comin home from school I got pulled over on I-20..I did 72 in a 65...whopee...don't they have anything better to do!! ARGGHHHH
Now I gotta pay the stupid fine since I have already taken defensive driving...and that sucks for a broke college kid

abicooper
10-23-2001, 03:17 PM
Matthew - You might want to try to get you ticket differed. I believe you have to pay a small fine, however it does not go on your
record. The one catch is that you can not get a ticket that particular county for 6
months. (A friend that I know has used this tactic twice in two different counties
between Abilene and Lubbock)

Just a thought.

rholl
10-23-2001, 04:23 PM
Now Matthew.....don't go blaming them.....they didn't make you speed. As for don't they have anything better to do??? Thats what they were supposed to be doing. You know 20 is a racetrack and there have been many fatality accidents there and speed was a factor in a majority. Back off the accelerater just a bit.....it will save time in the long run...espec. since getting a ticket takes a few minutes!!

Jacket2000
10-23-2001, 04:29 PM
Wow, I go 75-80 through there pretty regularly. I'll be sure to watch out now.

vfunk
10-23-2001, 05:37 PM
75-80??? there is a stretch of I-35 that passes through waxahachie that i regularly go 105-115 on...its about a 10-15 minute drive at that speed. guess thats why i get to austin in 2.5 hours!!! so if you see a black mustang cruising through....be kind and get over so i can get by!!! by the way matthew...too bad it wasnt Dallas County Sheriffs Department...my dad is very high ranking there and I probably couldve got you out of it as a favor for doing this website...so remember...next time...if youre gonna get a ticket...get it from Dallas County sheriff!!!!

Matthew328
10-23-2001, 05:47 PM
I'll remember that next time I get pulled over on that stretch of I-20 between I-45 and 635 right around Hutchins....police are there all the time..they are always catchin folks there