PDA

View Full Version : Wimberly

HighSchool Fan
12-11-2005, 07:37 AM
Congrats on the win. It was a game of big plays Wimberley had more than Gainesville.

WOSgrad
12-11-2005, 08:15 AM
Congrats to the Texans on a great championship run but also to the Leopards on a good season.

piratebg
12-11-2005, 08:59 AM
Great game by both teams. Congrat to Wimberley on the Div 1 Title and to Gainesville for a great season and a hard fought game.

injuredinmelee
12-11-2005, 09:17 AM
it wasnt a game of big plays it was a game of Gainesvilles passing offense not showing up whatsoever and Wimberly's defense stiffling and completely shutting down the running game. It was a game of one team making stupid mistakes that you cannot make in a title game. The outcome of the gtame was never in doubt after the first quarter.

HighSchool Fan
12-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
it wasnt a game of big plays

neither team sustained a drive. Wimberley had 2 long runs for TD's and a long pass after Gainesville scored. that would be considered big plays. other than them 3 big plays, neither team moved the ball much at all.

Crimestick
12-11-2005, 09:52 AM
Sounds like the exact opposite of the WO-S/Wimberley game, which was full of offense. Congratulations to the Texans on a dream season! I was preeeeeetty confident they'd pull it out after seeing them last week. Congrats to Gainesville on a great season, also.

WOS1
12-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Great season Wimberley!! You guys made a believer out of me last week after seeing you dismantle my Mustangs, we really thought we could take it all this year, but you guys had other plans.

Gainesville, although I know it stings, you have nothing to be ashamed of by losing to these guys. They have left several good teams in their wake wondering what the heck just hit them.

Highschoolfan- you took my post wrong the other day when I stated that you guys were wrong in thinking you had an advantage because of different things (speed, big games, etc.). The reason I posted that was because WO-S thought the same things you guys did before the game and they showed us we were wrong just like they did ya'll.

Anyway, good luck next year to both teams... I still want to play Gainesville.;)

espn1
12-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Congrats to Wimberley! They had one of the best defenses that I have ever seen.

It was a great game. Both teams were good. Wimberley was the better. I had a great time. Fun Game!

gobbler grad
12-11-2005, 10:55 AM
congrats Wimberley on a great year...:clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Congratulations, Wimberley! Great job on bringing home the championship. :clap: :clap:

MonkeyJoe7
12-11-2005, 11:13 AM
congrats to wimberley

WORM
12-12-2005, 01:48 AM
props to gainsville's defense they were very physical!

injuredinmelee
12-12-2005, 07:55 AM
I was really impressed with wimberlys defense. #80 couldnt be stopped. It looked like they had one or two LB's keying on Gainesvilles#3 and they were bringing the heat all night long from the outside with #80 forcing the QB to scramble for his life.

Gainesvilles #34 had a great great great game on defense. After the Wylie game I knew he was good but didnt think he was as great as some folks had made him out to be... well he was great great great sat night.

neck_06
12-12-2005, 08:39 AM
Congrats to Wimberley on a great season and a great team

Leopards,class of 75
12-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Congrats to the Wimberley Texans! You deserved the win and you played a clean, pretty much perfect mistake free game. I really enjoyed the game, just was wanting my Leopards to bring home another state title. Not to be this time, but i am very proud of the Leopards for being state finalist. Good luck to both teams in the upcoming season!!!!