PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater's Problems

I Bleed Red08
12-11-2005, 02:57 AM
Ok on the long drive home me and my dad got to talking and i wanted to hear what others have to say. Here is what i think Tatum's Defense came out in the second half and blew us away. They had key stops when they needed them and they stopped our running game.
Then there's their offense, i believe that the mustangs defense was out on the field for about 10 of the 12 minutes of the 3rd quarter because like i said earlier their defense blew us away.
Well that's what I saw at the game tonight and GOOD LUCK TATUM WIN STATE yall deserve it.

I Bleed Red08
12-11-2005, 03:05 AM
just if anybody thinks this is a thread saying that we were cheated or we should have won well its not i'm just saying CONGRATS TATUM

shadow13
12-11-2005, 03:15 AM
the better team won , what can you say!

red4ver
12-11-2005, 03:50 AM
I am not a Sunday morning quarterback, and I have no idea what the problems were tonight. What I do know, is that we turned the ball over 4 times in the first half, and in a playoff game, you just can't do that. There were three key opportunities for us to have come away with points in the first half when we didn't, and should have, and I think that may have affected the confidence of the kids and certainly the momentum.

I was proud of our team, we never quit, and we came back and even scored again in the second half. The Sweetwater Mustangs have big hearts, and a lot of class, and they will be back! Congratulations Mustangs on a great year!

S-WtrMustangFan
12-11-2005, 04:33 AM
Great game Tatum !!! Great year Mustangs !!!Go Tatum !!!! Spread The Green !!!!

shadow13
12-11-2005, 06:14 AM
Turnovers and penalties are a part of the game ,they happen in each and every game at all levels,so no excuses.Tatum played the better football sat. night . MUSTANGS ARE STILL #1 TO SWEETWATER AND WE WILL BE BACK AGAIN NEXT YEAR TO FIGHT WHO EVER GETS IN OUR WAY OF GETTING OUR STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!

PPHSfan
12-11-2005, 08:40 AM
If you turned the ball over 4 times in the first half and took a tie to the locker room, maybe you should have turned it over 6 times in the second half.:eek:

JK, nice season.

johnfx24
12-11-2005, 10:19 AM
what happened inthe 2nd half was they stuck everyone in the box.....their line backers acted as lineman and swarmed the ball......we just shot ourselves in the foot by fumbling on their 2 yard line and their 6 yard .. a sure 14 points

greenrobin
12-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Sweetwater, you are an awesome team. It was a pure thrill to be at the game....I started to say sit, but I didn't really do much of that! From start to finish, you young men showed incredible grace, effort, athelticism and honor. Thanks so much for such a wonderful game.

Good luck and best wishes for all of you. I wish y'all could advance with us. From what I saw, there were no losers in that game. Well done!

Sweetwater Red
12-11-2005, 02:32 PM
The thing that impressed me about Tatum was this. The defense was
disciplined, not over powering, but disciplined. They stayed home.
They didn't bite on the mis-direction and they tackled VERY well.

keenoace
12-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Well, I thought it was a good game. It was very excited to see the game tied up before half. But when the second half came it looked ike Tatum was just foolin around in the first half. They were a totally differnt team in the second half. Props to Carillo for stayin in the game and toughin it out (was it serious). Ballzy but Crazy cause I think his future lies on the diamond and not on the gridiron. I figured that if Sweetwater would have thrown a little more they would have a better chance. And I dont mean to sound like an A$$ but could someone please tell #22 to grow some hair on his chest and stay in bounds. That's all....Good Season Stangs now follow the hoof beat to the gym!!!

Stang99
12-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Two possesions were the killer for us, then their athletes just took over. The possesion before halftime where we got no points hurt, especially when they were getting the ball after halftime. and then the 1st possesion after half, the tipped pass for a first down on 3rd and long killed us. took all the wind out of our sails. Also first half turnovers were another killer, but I think that is how they make their living, creating turnovers and scoring off of them. They took advantage of their opportunities where we did not. In the second half we came out flat and they took advantage of it. Their coaches did a terrific job of going to the shotgun formation. We had to sell out to stop the run, or put 5 DB's in the game to stop the pass=never a winning strategy when you can't defend both with your base D. Overall the Tatum Eagles just out Athleted us. Everyone of their players were very athletic, I was especially impressed with #4 on his covering on the corner. Good job Eagles go get Hutto! Great year Mustangs!!! Get in that weight room and get ready for next year!!

Mustangpride09
12-11-2005, 03:36 PM
There was only ONE problem. turnovers.

Tweeder215
12-11-2005, 03:44 PM
I agree with all of the above statements but was I the only one that noticed that Tatum ran less than 3 different plays the entire second half and Sweetwater still made no adjustments. They ran the ball right at us and 60-70% of the time we had a 3 man front. I don't understand what the theory behind that was. They went in at halftime and made adjustments to beat us and we came out and tried doing the same stuff and even when it didn't work we didn't change anything until we were down 21 points when we started to throw. By then there was nothing we could do. Tatum had a great football team but we knew that coming in and should have allowed for it because nobody that was in the Semi's was gonna be bad. Turnovers and our lack of adjustments from the booth really came back to haunt us. GO TATUM!!!!!!!

WestTXLonghorn
12-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Totally agree. You can't drive down inside your opponent's 10 yrd line TWICE and come away with no points.

All that being said. . .Sweetwater is returning a full house next year. If those freshmen playing defense were that good this time around, no telling how good they'll be next year. They'll STILL have just about the fastest dudes in state, and I think Duone C. will fill in well at the QB spot for Kendal/Sonny. Should be sending a team deep next year.

I Bleed Red08
12-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Totally agree. You can't drive down inside your opponent's 10 yrd line TWICE and come away with no points.

All that being said. . .Sweetwater is returning a full house next year. If those freshmen playing defense were that good this time around, no telling how good they'll be next year. They'll STILL have just about the fastest dudes in state, and I think Duone C. will fill in well at the QB spot for Kendal/Sonny. Should be sending a team deep next year. and we have the JV quarterback coming up most likely which he would have had some playing time in the playoffs but he moved here from weatherford i think. he was really part of the JV team this year he played quarterback, punt return, and i think one or two more positions so he might be coming up as well

STANG RED
12-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Had we made no mistakes, scored TDs every chance we had, and made adjustments by mid 3rd quarter, we MIGHT have been able to squeak out a win. As it is, we did none of the above, and the better team won any way. Tatum has an awesome football team, great athletes, and great coaching! I believe, the only team that can beat Tatum, is Tatum themselves. I have no doubt, they could beat most 4A and 5A teams. They are really that good! I wouldnt have believed they had that many great athletes for such a small enrollment, if I hadnt seen it for myself.
I didnt get a program, so I dont know how many of those kids are seniors. Does any one know, if any of those studs are coming back, or will they loose most of them?
Anyway, great year Mustangs! You have nothing to hang your heads about!
GREAT GAME TATUM!!! NOW, GO WIN STATE!

rockdale80
12-12-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Had we made no mistakes, scored TDs every chance we had, and made adjustments by mid 3rd quarter, we MIGHT have been able to squeak out a win. As it is, we did none of the above, and the better team won any way. Tatum has an awesome football team, great athletes, and great coaching! I believe, the only team that can beat Tatum, is Tatum themselves. I have no doubt, they could beat most 4A and 5A teams. They are really that good! I wouldnt have believed they had that many great athletes for such a small enrollment, if I hadnt seen it for myself.
I didnt get a program, so I dont know how many of those kids are seniors. Does any one know, if any of those studs are coming back, or will they loose most of them?
Anyway, great year Mustangs! You have nothing to hang your heads about!
GREAT GAME TATUM!!! NOW, GO WIN STATE!

So if Hutto wins is it because Tatum gave them the vistory? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whsdogs
12-12-2005, 10:09 AM
to me it sounds like sweetwater just came out flat in the second half much like IP and tried to out athlete them...the 4 turnover in the second half would be my guess though on why the game ended in a loss but nonethe less congrats to sweetwater on a great season and representin 4-3A!!!!!!:D :D

STANG RED
12-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
So if Hutto wins is it because Tatum gave them the vistory? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I cant say that, because I havnt seen Hutto play. I have seen Tatum play, and they are awesome!!!
Hutto has their work cut out for them. But they had their work cut out for them against Cuero and managed to get the job done. Great job Hippos, by the way.
I'm sure it will be a great game.

sweetwater07
12-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
I agree with all of the above statements but was I the only one that noticed that Tatum ran less than 3 different plays the entire second half and Sweetwater still made no adjustments. They ran the ball right at us and 60-70% of the time we had a 3 man front. I don't understand what the theory behind that was. They went in at halftime and made adjustments to beat us and we came out and tried doing the same stuff and even when it didn't work we didn't change anything until we were down 21 points when we started to throw. By then there was nothing we could do. Tatum had a great football team but we knew that coming in and should have allowed for it because nobody that was in the Semi's was gonna be bad. Turnovers and our lack of adjustments from the booth really came back to haunt us. GO TATUM!!!!!!!

yes they ran 3 plays the whole second half.......qb keeper out of shotgun, #7 running right at us out of shotgun and #3 running right at us or around the outside out of shotgun........i wish we would have made some adjustments to stop these same three plays...but none the less the better team won.....good game tatum see yah next year....................oh yeah i say tatum over hutto by 1 td

rockdale80
12-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I cant say that, because I havnt seen Hutto play. I have seen Tatum play, and they are awesome!!!
Hutto has their work cut out for them. But they had their work cut out for them against Cuero and managed to get the job done. Great job Hippos, by the way.
I'm sure it will be a great game.

I was wondering, because you said "the only team that can beat Tatum is themselves." That would mean if Hutto won, then it would be Tatum giving them the victory. According to what you said earlier anyway.

Whsdogs
12-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
yes they ran 3 plays the whole second half.......qb keeper out of shotgun, #7 running right at us out of shotgun and #3 running right at us or around the outside out of shotgun........i wish we would have made some adjustments to stop these same three plays...but none the less the better team won.....good game tatum see yah next year....................oh yeah i say tatum over hutto by 1 td

funny thing is thats exactly how gainseville came out in the 3rd quarter and beat us(wylie) in 2003..sorry just kinda had dejavu when u said that lol

sweetwater07
12-12-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
funny thing is thats exactly how gainseville came out in the 3rd quarter and beat us(wylie) in 2003..sorry just kinda had dejavu when u said that lol

running the same few plays...if they work they work....i would be dumb if i said that sweetwater wouldn't have done it if we could have found some plays that worked every time.

Whsdogs
12-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
running the same few plays...if they work they work....i would be dumb if i said that sweetwater wouldn't have done it if we could have found some plays that worked every time.

yup...its just like ncaa football(video game of course:p )..you find a play that works and go with it...most times its just to hard to stop

Tatum_Fan
12-12-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I was wondering, because you said "the only team that can beat Tatum is themselves." That would mean if Hutto won, then it would be Tatum giving them the victory. According to what you said earlier anyway.

Any team that has beat the teams that Hutto has beaten will have Tatum's attention. Tatum in no way would "give" Hutto the win, however I believe the poster was saying that as long as Tatum doesn' t make careless mistakes (i.e. they become their own worst enemy) they should win. This at least, is what I took from it.

STANG RED
12-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Tatum_Fan
Any team that has beat the teams that Hutto has beaten will have Tatum's attention. Tatum in no way would "give" Hutto the win, however I believe the poster was saying that as long as Tatum doesn' t make careless mistakes (i.e. they become their own worst enemy) they should win. This at least, is what I took from it.
DITTO!
I just didnt respond to the guy tryin to pick a fight. Just dont have the energy. Still trying to recover from that long trip home Saturday night. Got in at 1:00 a.m. and was back up by 7:00. I'm gittin too old for this!
The only good thing about the Mustangs loosing is; At least I finally have my life back. Now maybe I can get some work done.

Black_Magic
12-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by I Bleed Red08
Ok on the long drive home me and my dad got to talking and i wanted to hear what others have to say. Here is what i think Tatum's Defense came out in the second half and blew us away. They had key stops when they needed them and they stopped our running game.
Then there's their offense, i believe that the mustangs defense was out on the field for about 10 of the 12 minutes of the 3rd quarter because like i said earlier their defense blew us away.
Well that's what I saw at the game tonight and GOOD LUCK TATUM [SIZE=4]WIN STATE[/Black_Magic
All-District

Member #: 3700

Folks at this point if you have a good Offense but the best D you win. The other team can have a better Offense thany you but If they dont Score .... Game over. The Best D wins this game. Does Tatum have a good D??

SIZE] yall deserve it. Guess I was not so far off after all.. Best D usualy wins at this point in the playoffs.

jmcgee
12-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Guess I was not so far off after all.. Best D usualy wins at this point in the playoffs. USUALLY, USUALLY.