PDA

View Full Version : Hutto beats Cuero!!!!!

Dogman_1969
12-10-2005, 10:41 PM
23-21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Tatum_Fan
12-10-2005, 10:42 PM
OMG

jdog93
12-10-2005, 10:42 PM
All Right!!!!!!

rockdale80
12-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
23-21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

I picked Tatum, Hutto, and Wimberely to win today....and some people called me crazy. :thinking: :thinking:

bulldogman06
12-10-2005, 10:44 PM
holy crap! never thought this since LH beat hutto, and cuero shut them down, wow, this is crazy

Snyder_TigerFan
12-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I picked Tatum, Hutto, and Wimberely to win today....and some people called me crazy. :thinking: :thinking:

Good picks!

Over-rated2004
12-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Congrats!!!!!:)

shankbear
12-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Way to rumble Hippos!!!

Rbuck
12-10-2005, 10:46 PM
I would like to say that Hutto for the last 3 years has been one of the best coached teams in 3a, I remember reffing Kerleys 1st game to start as a true freshman, he is a special athlete as are all the athletes on that team
Coach Penland, his staff and team are very deserving to play for the Championship
Good Luck

wos fan1
12-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Congrats Hutto on the win. Congrats Cuero on a great season.

KingRob
12-10-2005, 10:48 PM
I'm in shock....I might need therapy..:(

Go Cuero
12-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
I'm in shock....I might need therapy..:(

Me too!! LOL

Congrats Hutto. Great job.

Excellent season Gobblers.

etbu
12-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Way to go Hippos. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

formermbcouns
12-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Way to go Hippos! You guys have surprised me and a lot of others all post-season...might as well win one more.

Swarm 51
12-11-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Rbuck
I would like to say that Hutto for the last 3 years has been one of the best coached teams in 3a, I remember reffing Kerleys 1st game to start as a true freshman, he is a special athlete as are all the athletes on that team
Coach Penland, his staff and team are very deserving to play for the Championship
Good Luck

I remember watching Jeremy Kerley at the age of 11 and 12 play select baseball on my nephew's team in Round Rock. Even at that age, he was a competitor, and possessed God-gifted athletic abilities. Yet, he was a very quite and humble young man, never flaunting the fact that he was a natural athlete. I am very happy for Jeremy, his teammates and the Hutto coaches who have worked hard to earn the right to play for the state championship.

Pmoney
12-11-2005, 12:31 AM
i choose Hutto to win state!

HM33
12-11-2005, 12:32 AM
Well I will just give a few thoughts on the game. First off Cuero came out and from the get go their b***s were intheir throuts. :) . They were not ready for game one bit. They weren't playing as a team as they should be and I thinked they lacked that the whole season. Some examples of this are say when some of the starters skipped practice. Another is during game play one of the players started to yell at the coaches. I have no clue why but no matter what happened the player shouldn't gone off in such a way. Others had to hold him back and that is not what teamates are for. Another complaint that I have is that the play calling was horrible. Toss left, toss right, toss left. It didn't work but like mabe 4 or 5 times so STOP RUNNING IT. I don't know the exact number of passing plays they ran in the first half but it wasn't much, but when they did throw it got them quite a few yards, so why now pass a little more. I mean they have 3 to 4 great recievers and they didn't use them. Just like they didn't use Rudd. This whole season when he ran a route up the middle of the field he was usually open. I didn't see that play being ran one time tonight. I don't think the play calling was good at all on offense. Now onto defense. The linebackers have to make plays. There were only about 3 to 4 plays by the linebackers that were decent. They have to step up and be physical. Yes, they are fast but you can't run around every blocker. And that running back (30) just didn't go down. Looked to be a good player but I mean hit him and wrap up. Players hit him low and he just dove or spun off for about 4 or 5 yards. If nothing is working then fill the gap hard, blitz people inside and outside and combine them. And the defense had a hard time getting set b4 the ball was snapped. Yes I know that it is hard to get the defense in the right places, BELIEVE me I would be the one to know, But you should be able to get it down a little bit into the game. I do have to admitt the Zibras weren't doing a good job out there but when a player is practically drug to the ground by his jersey its called holding :S .

I was just totally upset with the Gobblers performance tonight, Players and Coaches. That's the second big game Cuero has lost by a field goal. Congrats Huttto, you came out to play and to win. I wish you the best of luck in State.

wos fan1
12-11-2005, 12:37 AM
That's IDENTICAL what happened to us aginst Wimberely last week. We DIDN'T play as a team and our Offensive play calling was terrible. Our kids weren't pumped at all. Gave about 50% on tackling last week as well.

SintonFan
12-11-2005, 01:00 AM
Congratulations Hutto! Yall played how you needed to to win a big game against a great team. You proved bigger and better tonight. Good luck next week!:)
Sorry about the loss Gobblers. I know yall expected another week to play but give credit where it is due. You guys went farther than 97% of all 3A teams(98% of div. 2 teams) in the state. Nothing to hang your head about at all. Yall have had a great season with great fan support. Sometimes coming up a little short is all you need to come back stronger, with a touch of humility. Nothing wrong with that at all either. Congratulations on a wonderful season Cuero.:clap:

44INAROW
12-11-2005, 01:50 AM
Congrats to Hutto,, Ya'll played a great game tonight.. no doubt about it.. Good luck next week...

District303aPastPlayer
12-11-2005, 03:15 AM
how many missed penalties. . . and i must say, the hutto players lack class. . . celebrating when tre was laying on the ground after an unprotected helmet to helmet shot from behind, the hutto guys were chest bumping. . . what the h#ll was that?! bout 2 TDs called back, and a bunch of holding penalties that werent called on the north end of the field, nearest the highway from what i saw. Had that TD not been called back, Cuero wins this ball game. The momentum was there, it was just taken by one african animal and given to another. . . (zebra to hippo)

hutex04
12-11-2005, 03:23 AM
hey everyone guess who i am! :( tear :( tear:( tear

bulldogbark
12-11-2005, 03:24 AM
maybe Cuero should be taught not to hold.....and maybe they should of gotten the Cuero coaches to reff also.....lotta maybe and ifs in there....great job hippos

HM33
12-11-2005, 03:32 AM
There is not need for that hutex. If you paid any attention to the game you would know what District is talking about. But Hutto played an error free game and Cuero did not. Also, the Hutto players had not need to "jump and bump chest" after hurting one of our players. Yes it was a good hit, but a player was hurt and just in respect should show some class and take a need.

hutex04
12-11-2005, 03:40 AM
im talking about blaming the refs on the game, not about any celebration of injured players. I would hope Hutto would not celebrate in that case and if they did than im truly sorry.

District303aPastPlayer
12-11-2005, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by hutex04
im talking about blaming the refs on the game, not about any celebration of injured players. I would hope Hutto would not celebrate in that case and if they did than im truly sorry.

you werent there, and didnt see... but they both jumped up, chest to chest, and the rest of them started high fiving. . . that is why im so furious right now.

hutex04
12-11-2005, 03:54 AM
like i said, if they did that than i appologize. I dont know the whole story so i cant say anymore.

District303aPastPlayer
12-11-2005, 03:57 AM
like i said, if they did that than i appologize. I dont know the whole story so i cant say anymore.

thats the whole story. Tre Grey took a shot to the back of the neck, helmet to helmet. he was in the in the air and unprotected. he had missed the pass and the DB laid a shot into him. he layed there, and the DB and the FS chest bumped and then they started high fiving. the Cuero training staff sprinted onto the field to tend to him, and they were in the midst of their celebration. He got up and came off the field.

Compete/punish
Originally posted by HM33
Well I will just give a few thoughts on the game. First off Cuero came out and from the get go their b***s were intheir throuts. :) . They were not ready for game one bit. They weren't playing as a team as they should be and I thinked they lacked that the whole season. Some examples of this are say when some of the starters skipped practice. Another is during game play one of the players started to yell at the coaches. I have no clue why but no matter what happened the player shouldn't gone off in such a way. Others had to hold him back and that is not what teamates are for. Another complaint that I have is that the play calling was horrible. Toss left, toss right, toss left. It didn't work but like mabe 4 or 5 times so STOP RUNNING IT. I don't know the exact number of passing plays they ran in the first half but it wasn't much, but when they did throw it got them quite a few yards, so why now pass a little more. I mean they have 3 to 4 great recievers and they didn't use them. Just like they didn't use Rudd. This whole season when he ran a route up the middle of the field he was usually open. I didn't see that play being ran one time tonight. I don't think the play calling was good at all on offense. Now onto defense. The linebackers have to make plays. There were only about 3 to 4 plays by the linebackers that were decent. They have to step up and be physical. Yes, they are fast but you can't run around every blocker. And that running back (30) just didn't go down. Looked to be a good player but I mean hit him and wrap up. Players hit him low and he just dove or spun off for about 4 or 5 yards. If nothing is working then fill the gap hard, blitz people inside and outside and combine them. And the defense had a hard time getting set b4 the ball was snapped. Yes I know that it is hard to get the defense in the right places, BELIEVE me I would be the one to know, But you should be able to get it down a little bit into the game. I do have to admitt the Zibras weren't doing a good job out there but when a player is practically drug to the ground by his jersey its called holding :S .

I was just totally upset with the Gobblers performance tonight, Players and Coaches. That's the second big game Cuero has lost by a field goal. Congrats Huttto, you came out to play and to win. I wish you the best of luck in State.

Man you sure know everything, and you make it sound soo easy! What are your credintials? I love these guys who come on after a game and think they know everything. If you really knew how silly your post sounds.

big daddy russ
I wasn't at the game, but I'll tell you what, hutex... your boys must be one hell of a team. Cuero had as much speed as any 3A team I've ever seen (including Everman '01 and Sealy '96). They were big, strong, fast, deep, the whole nine yards.

I wish next week's game was a little closer so I could go see. That's been one tough road to the finals for those boys.

HM33
12-11-2005, 04:00 AM
There should have been a flag but the ref's heads were ...well lets just say not in the right places. But, thats not why the Gobblers lost. We are just trying to state our opinion on the Sportsmenship of some of the Hutto players that lack.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-11-2005, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
you werent there, and didnt see... but they both jumped up, chest to chest, and the rest of them started high fiving. . . that is why im so furious right now.

lol havent seen a game where players get over excited on a hit not realizing they just hurt a player til they notice he is down, its called being fired up and im sure he felt bad about it once he realized he was hurt.:(

hutex04
12-11-2005, 04:03 AM
i feel the Cuero people are sore loser that have to complain about whatever they can. Refs did this, players did that. Wont change the score. Im glad this game is over with. I hope Tatum has some more nice fans. THAT DONT TALK DOWN TO HUTTO AS IF THEY ARE A SCRIMMATE and than if they lose, dont blame anyone but themselves. I hear yall had alot of dropped passes in the first half. Whos to blame for that!

District303aPastPlayer
12-11-2005, 04:04 AM
i feel the Cuero people are sore loser that have to complain about whatever they can. Refs did this, players did that. Wont change the score. Im glad this game is over with. I hope Tatum has some more nice fans. THAT DONT TALK DOWN TO HUTTO AS IF THEY ARE A SCRIMMATE and than if they lose, dont blame anyone but themselves. I hear yall had alot of dropped passes in the first half. Whos to blame for that!

mijito... im a pirate fan :)

HM33
12-11-2005, 04:09 AM
If you would read the post of most Cuero posters you would see that we arn't sore losers we are giving our opinions about the game and how the players acted. So place reframe from calling all of sore-losers. Hey, We (Cuero) made it to state last year, to the semi's this year, and they have a good chance of going just as far the next 2 years. We have a great coach, he is like think like 38-4 now at Cuero and we will be back. Will you?

piratebg
12-11-2005, 09:02 AM
I just woke up and read the paper and couldn't believe it. Congrats go to Hutto for beating a very good team in Cuero. Gobblers.......I was pulling for you guys. Sorry to see your season come to an end, but don't worry becauase you guys will be back next year.

BlueBlood
12-11-2005, 09:12 AM
Great win Hutto.

HighSchool Fan
12-11-2005, 09:16 AM
how many missed penalties. . . and i must say, the hutto players lack class. . . celebrating when tre was laying on the ground after an unprotected helmet to helmet shot from behind, the hutto guys were chest bumping. . . what the h#ll was that?! bout 2 TDs called back, and a bunch of holding penalties that werent called on the north end of the field, nearest the highway from what i saw. Had that TD not been called back, Cuero wins this ball game. The momentum was there, it was just taken by one african animal and given to another. . . (zebra to hippo)

you seem more devasted that Cuero lost than you did when sinton lost :thinking:

ILS1
12-11-2005, 09:25 AM
I think they were celebrating a good clean defensive hit and didn't realize he was hurt until afterwards. He was up in the air and they hit him when he was coming down. I don't think any team tried to hurt anyone on purpose. Just a hard hitting clean game,if you ask me. Congrats Cuero on ANOTHER great season. I know ya'll will be back next year and the next and the next......

:D

BIFF
12-11-2005, 09:50 AM
The kids couldnt tell wether he was hurt or not
especially when every hit they made the gobbs took a long time to get up they where genuine in their celebration and once they saw he was maybe hurting they calmed down if i remember correctly 2 of the hippos were the only players to help this guy until the refs came over

but thats ok shoulda woulda coulda but ya didnt

you all will be more than welcome to sit on the hippos side at the state championship:D

DRAGOON
12-11-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by HM33

Man…I sure hope you are an aspiring coach in college or something…My favorite NFL team the Houston Texans will likely have a head coach opening at the end of the season. You seem to be an absolute football mastermind. Perhaps you will apply for the Texan job and get that team to the Super Bowl…You may even get Bush from Southern Cal…I’m sure your football coaching background is extensive, and you would make a great coach…right? I mean you have coached before haven’t you??

LH Panther Mom
12-11-2005, 10:27 AM
A huge congratulations to the Hippos. It sounds like you did the entire game what we could only accomplish for 1 1/2 quarters. It was no easy feat to win against the Gobblers. Good luck this next game against a good Tatum team and I hope you can win it all.

(It'd give us LH fans a little bit of sweet justice to have beaten you. ;) Just a little bit. :( )

yoemanfan98
12-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Tatum 28
Hutto 17

rockdale80
12-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by yoemanfan98
Tatum 28
Hutto 17

:crazy: :crazy:

pirate4state
12-11-2005, 10:59 AM
mijito... im a pirate fan :) really?? :p :D

Dogman_1969
12-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Come on Yoemanfan98......You should be pulling for district 19-3A to bring the State Title to "The Toughest District in 3A". I think that has been realized by most now.

HM33
12-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by DRAGOON
Man…I sure hope you are an aspiring coach in college or something…My favorite NFL team the Houston Texans will likely have a head coach opening at the end of the season. You seem to be an absolute football mastermind. Perhaps you will apply for the Texan job and get that team to the Super Bowl…You may even get Bush from Southern Cal…I’m sure your football coaching background is extensive, and you would make a great coach…right? I mean you have coached before haven’t you??

There is no need for your sarcasism. I was simply stating my opinions on how I felt about the game. I know Coach Reeve VERY well. I know how he is because I was the MLB last year for him and I had to call all the defenses. It is not an easy task. So please get off my butt about my post. You are free to do the same as what I did so don't be sarcastic towards me. But other than that It was a great game and Hutto deserved to win last night.

twobills
12-11-2005, 01:34 PM
Well for starters i dont think tha boys that skipped have anything to do with last nights game yah i see where u comin from with the whole team not together i mean yah tre was upset cooper got benched jwess was hurt and kyle well his shoulder was gone and well playcalling yah that was true tosses tosses and more tosses what in the devil was he thinking its ok though its over its in the past nothing that can be done about it now

GreenGobbla
12-11-2005, 01:47 PM
wussup bebe!!! aduh aduh aduh aduh adaaaaaaaaaaadgum is all i have to say after watching that game....that was not the same hutto team i saw play against cameron yoe....they stepped it up and did what they had to do....congrats to the hippos

RiverRat19
12-11-2005, 03:29 PM
So does this mean that Cuero is overrated?????:thinking:

JUST KIDDING.... Must have been a crazy game, wish I could have seen it. Congrats to Hutto, Cuero will reload (as usual) and will probably be in the same position next year, the year after that, and at least the year after that so I'm sure it won't be as bad a loss as what some other teams dealt with.

ILS1
12-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
wussup bebe!!! aduh aduh aduh aduh adaaaaaaaaaaadgum is all i have to say after watching that game....that was not the same hutto team i saw play against cameron yoe....they stepped it up and did what they had to do....congrats to the hippos

Just wondering? Which game did you see? Hutto/Cameron Part I? Or Hutto/Cameron Part II??

:D

Gobbler Fan
12-11-2005, 04:22 PM
The better team won last night . Hutto was more prepared to play this game than Cuero was , Hutto's game plan worked to perfection and that last drive was State Championship material .

I want to say this to Hutto you guy's are giving credit to all the players but I havent heared to many go to where it should , that O-line of your is something special and if you play against Tatum like you did tonight you will get your ring's .

To Cuero players you guy's need to learn to live with adversity and throw all the fingerpointing out the window you win as a team you lose as a team ......period

To the Senior's you guy's brought Cuero back to thier rightfull place and that was to bring Cuero back to being one of the powerhouses in 3a , #36 #59 #18 #32 #21 #79 -----it's been a pleasure watching you mature these last few years and grow into strong young men .

A Champion by Brian Ford

A Champion isint someone that always comes in first ,
A Champion isint always someone who's the best ,
A Champion isint someone who tell's you how good he or she is ,
A Champion isint someone that has to be a champion

A Champion is someone who has the heart to come in first ,
A Champion is someone who tries their hardest to become the best ,
A Champion is someone who show's not tell's how good he or she is ,
A Champion is someone who is allready a champion ,
because he or she has allready accomplished their goal's .

A Champion is someone who strives to become better , faster , harder to beat.

Yes a lot of you can say you are the winner, but are you a Champion ?

Senior's your Champions in my book. Your Goals of a State Championship fell short but what you accomplished at Cuero these 4 years on the football Field are to be admired by Teammates and us fans alike . Thank you for the ride !

BIFF
12-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by yoemanfan98
Tatum 28
Hutto 17

and it starts again

pantherpop
12-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Congradulations Hutto on a big win. You just gotta love the name Hippos.

sicem74
12-11-2005, 06:45 PM
tatum 31 hutto 28