PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Wimberley Texans - 3A DI State Champs

KTJ
12-10-2005, 09:48 PM
As a Gainesville alum and fan, let me be the first to say congrats to the Texans on a job well done.

But KTJ, I hear you saying, shouldn't you be at the game in Waco? Well I was all set on leaving Round Rock, when I got into a car wreck. :(

Nevertheless, congrats to Wimberley!

Over-rated2004
12-10-2005, 09:49 PM
:clap::clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Green
12-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Congrats Wimberley

its_n_ D_water
12-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Congrats Wimberley on a great year.....:clap: :clap:

maroonpirate04
12-10-2005, 09:57 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Big Congrats to the Texans for being the first Region 4 team to finally win a title:clap: :clap: :clap:

wos fan1
12-10-2005, 09:57 PM
When i saw them play against us last week i knew they would win it! Congrats!

KingRob
12-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Congratulations Wimberley Texans! I kept saying they were going to win it all and I was right!!

ProducerBilly
12-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Congrats to Wimberly, you were the better team today!

Congrats to Gainesville on a great season as well!

sinton66
12-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Woo HOO! 5 years in a row pays off for R4. Congrats Texans.

#1sportznut
12-10-2005, 10:32 PM
what was the final?

LH OffseasonVet
12-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by #1sportznut
what was the final?

21-7 Wimberley

Old Dog
12-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Congrats Texans! As former members of your district, we're certainly proud for your victory. You took care of business.......

formermbcouns
12-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Good job Wimberley...I gave the edge to Gainseville before the game started but you guys were the better team tonight.

neck_94
12-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Congrats wimberly.
I also knew they were good enough to win it all after they smacked our butts in round 2, then after they beat WOS, I fugured it was a done...looks like I was right.

once again congratulations

Chris Hart
12-11-2005, 12:21 AM
Yes, congrats Wimberley, you were definitely the best team. I expected a much better Gainesville team, than the one I saw tonight. The Code Red defense just totally shut down the Leopards one dimensional attack. I knew they would stop the run, but I expected Gainesville to make a few plays in the passing game, they didn't. They did complete two swing passes to convert on 4th down twice on their only scoring drive. The Gainesville defense did a pretty good job containing the Texans, but the Texan's passing game was the difference in this one. I know Wimberley's Buse broke free for a 72 yd TD run, but other than that the Texans didn't have much success running the ball. They did make some big plays in the passing game at just the right times. I expected Gainesville to have more speed, I think the Texans had the edge in speed, size, and savvy tonight. The WOS team was way faster than the Leopards, but not nearly as well coached. Two very good football teams took the field for the championship tonight. Congrats to Gainesville on another fine year, and Texans, you're STATE CHAMPS and that's awesome, congrats!

We heard the talk about the defenses all week leading up to the game. It was warranted. Two great defenses did indeed take the field tonight. But after watching, Code Red was definitely the better defense, but the Leps were no slouch. Good hard hitting out there tonight!

HM33
12-11-2005, 12:34 AM
Congrats Wimberly. I was behind you the whole way. :)

SintonFan
12-11-2005, 12:45 AM
Congratulations Wimberley!!!!
Thanks for bringing home the title to region four! You guys had an awesome team.:clap: :clap: :clap:

44INAROW
12-11-2005, 01:55 AM
Congrats to the Wimberley Texans.. :clap: :clap: Thanks for bringing a title to Reg IV - Great season Leopards :)

wos fan1
12-11-2005, 10:32 AM

wos fan1
12-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Yes, congrats Wimberley, you were definitely the best team. I expected a much better Gainesville team, than the one I saw tonight. The Code Red defense just totally shut down the Leopards one dimensional attack. I knew they would stop the run, but I expected Gainesville to make a few plays in the passing game, they didn't. They did complete two swing passes to convert on 4th down twice on their only scoring drive. The Gainesville defense did a pretty good job containing the Texans, but the Texan's passing game was the difference in this one. I know Wimberley's Buse broke free for a 72 yd TD run, but other than that the Texans didn't have much success running the ball. They did make some big plays in the passing game at just the right times. I expected Gainesville to have more speed, I think the Texans had the edge in speed, size, and savvy tonight. The WOS team was way faster than the Leopards, but not nearly as well coached. Two very good football teams took the field for the championship tonight. Congrats to Gainesville on another fine year, and Texans, you're STATE CHAMPS and that's awesome, congrats!

We heard the talk about the defenses all week leading up to the game. It was warranted. Two great defenses did indeed take the field tonight. But after watching, Code Red was definitely the better defense, but the Leps were no slouch. Good hard hitting out there tonight! You got that right!!

WOSgrad
12-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Congrats on the title, Texans. You proved time and again that you are the real deal.

chaingang
12-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Awesome!!!!!!

Congrats to a GREAT Wimberley team.

pirate4state
12-11-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
As a Gainesville alum and fan, let me be the first to say congrats to the Texans on a job well done.

But KTJ, I hear you saying, shouldn't you be at the game in Waco? Well I was all set on leaving Round Rock, when I got into a car wreck. :(

Nevertheless, congrats to Wimberley! Sorry you missed the game. :( Hope you weren't hurt in that wreck and that your car is okay too.

pirate4state
12-11-2005, 11:05 AM

We heard the talk about the defenses all week leading up to the game. It was warranted. Two great defenses did indeed take the field tonight. But after watching, Code Red was definitely the better defense, but the Leps were no slouch. Good hard hitting out there tonight!
:clap: As always great post Chris!! :thumbsup:

Congrats to the TEXANS on winning STATE!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Also congrats to the LEOPARDS on a great season! :)

MonkeyJoe7
12-11-2005, 11:19 AM
congrats to wimberley

Keith7
12-11-2005, 12:35 PM

up until the last drive Gainesville out gained Wimberly, Gainesville had more first downs, Gainesville played a better overall game, but could not do anything in the redzone, and that is what cost us the game Wimberly has an awesome team and an awesome Defense, and they def. were the best team Last night

Crimestick
12-11-2005, 01:24 PM
WO-S outgained Wimberley too, but clearly the best DI team is holding the trophy. As a Gainesville person - I think - pointed out to me, yards don't mean a thing. We had more yards than were gained by both teams combined last night, but Wimberley beat us. They won a high-scoring game and a defensive struggle in the final two. Congrats, Texans! You were the best team in DI!

griff
12-11-2005, 01:26 PM
For a FEW people who wanted to make a big issue out of WO-S losing to Wimberley last week (some WO-S fans included), the bigger issue is this...Wimberley was simply the best team in 3A. They did not receive the preseason rankings and attention they deserved, but they showed everyone how good they really are, especially in the last two weeks by beating two very good undefeated teams.

Their season is amazing in two other ways worth noting - 1) some of their best players are underclassmen and 2) this was only the second year of their current head coach. Future success looks very promising.

Congratulations Texans!

wos fan1
12-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Yea, their RB and Qb are back next season. I beleive their losing quite a few on Defense.

3ahunter2k4
12-11-2005, 01:28 PM
!

WORM
12-12-2005, 01:42 AM
# 32 buse is back but #11 weldon is a senior. #10 beatty will be the qb and is much like weldon but maybe more speed! the defense graduates 7. it will be a good bunch next year but very hard to put the same team on the field. congrats texans!