PDA

View Full Version : Tell me if this doesn't suck...

Gobbla2001
12-10-2005, 12:10 AM
Applied for Union Pacific a couple of months ago... I've always wanted to work for them since I was a little kid... two of my uncles worked for them (Southern at first until they were bought out by Union), one still does, they're doing pretty well if you know what I mean... My cousin, a few years older than me, also works with UP, married and building a new house... great pay, great benefits and great retirment... plus "I've been workin' on the railroad" may be played at your funeral (that's hot)...

I mean I like my job now, monday through friday, 7:30-4:30, decent pay, great coworkers etc..., but there's not as much room for advancement etc... unless I'm Asian (AKA: I shoulda stayed in school)

Anyway, finally get a reply, I am invited to a hiring session next Friday... 7:30 A.M.... That's cool... will take some exam stuff... if I do well on that I'm in an interview that day... that's cool too... If I get hired, I go back Saturday and fill out the remaining paper-work etc... awesome...

Sounds cool, eh?

Well, if Cuero happens to win tomorrow night, there may be a chance, depending on date/time/location, that I would not be able to make the game...

What in the hell???

Did they not read the part on my application that said I graduated from Cuero High School???

The railroad is on crack...

KTJ
12-10-2005, 12:13 AM
Tell me if this doesn't suck...

Oh, I thought you were going to talk about taking a knee when there is 1:30 to go so you can lose in OT and not go to the National Championship game.

Whew! You had me there....

Gobbla2001
12-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Oh, I thought you were going to talk about taking a knee when there is 1:30 to go so you can lose in OT and not go to the National Championship game.

Whew! You had me there....

Hell, I'll go with that too (1:16 to be exact)...

Does this guy not have any trick-plays up his sleeve?

If you're worried about your boys puttin' the ball on the ground, run a trick play... flick that flee man, if something goes wrong, chances are the defense was tricked (hint hint, TRICK play) and won't be near the ball anyway...

Understandable in a non-confrence/non-playoff game...

In the playoffs? cough cough

And yes, had TSU won, I'd still gripe about it...

HOWEVER, what a great job he has done at TSU getting them to this point...

KTJ
12-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Haha...I was using some of my Hornfans.com humor there. Glad to see you take it with a laugh.

But seriously, if you get hired, most places will let you come back to sign papers and stuff another day, especially if you had something already planned. As the lady who hired me said "you had a life before you came to work for us." And she let me come back and sign papers and start work another day.

gobblerfan02
12-10-2005, 02:19 AM
My dad works for UP, he's an engineer! CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

3afan
12-10-2005, 06:07 AM
you would think that if you made it clear ASAP that you had to be out of town "for personal reasons" that they would accomodate - especially if you are the guy they want to hire

but does a football game beat a job in importance? guess that depends on your specificd situation ....

CHS_CG
12-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

but does a football game beat a job in importance? guess that depends on your specificd situation ....

I have a feeling but gobbla2001's comment about "didnt they read i graduated from Cuero High School" that in this situation it does lol. I would do the same thing if Caldwell ever made it that far....

*HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA*
sorry i just realized what I said... but if it were earlier in the play offs or regular season.. I think I could stand to miss a game.

Gobbla2001
12-10-2005, 10:31 AM
I gotta take this shot at the railroad, too good of a deal to pass up, plus my uncles would be PO'd if I 'disrespected' their company in such a way...

as soon as I go in for that interview and they say "So you went to school at Cuero" I'm stepping in and saying "Yes, they're playing tonight, State championship, was planning on seeing it would love to go see it, but some things are just more important you know" (By saying this, I present to them not only my intent on going to the game, but also do a little brown nosing with the "some things are just more important you know" comment)...

But Cuero has to get to state and I have to get to the interview... still a lot of stuff that will need to happen for this situation...

Go Gobblers!!!! Go Union Pacific!!!!

Bullaholic
12-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I gotta take this shot at the railroad, too good of a deal to pass up, plus my uncles would be PO'd if I 'disrespected' their company in such a way...

as soon as I go in for that interview and they say "So you went to school at Cuero" I'm stepping in and saying "Yes, they're playing tonight, State championship, was planning on seeing it would love to go see it, but some things are just more important you know" (By saying this, I present to them not only my intent on going to the game, but also do a little brown nosing with the "some things are just more important you know" comment)...

But Cuero has to get to state and I have to get to the interview... still a lot of stuff that will need to happen for this situation...

Go Gobblers!!!! Go Union Pacific!!!!

And the personnel manger says--"I graduated from Hutto, and I ain't there either. Next!"

Gobbla2001
12-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
And the personnel manger says--"I graduated from Hutto, and I ain't there either. Next!"

And I call my uncle, track-maintenance manager for most of South Texas, including where I am interviewing at, and he figured out a way to get some things moving over there in the train-department to have this discriminatory act brought up to the big-dogs :D

wos fan1
12-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Applied for Union Pacific a couple of months ago... I've always wanted to work for them since I was a little kid... two of my uncles worked for them (Southern at first until they were bought out by Union), one still does, they're doing pretty well if you know what I mean... My cousin, a few years older than me, also works with UP, married and building a new house... great pay, great benefits and great retirment... plus "I've been workin' on the railroad" may be played at your funeral (that's hot)...

I mean I like my job now, monday through friday, 7:30-4:30, decent pay, great coworkers etc..., but there's not as much room for advancement etc... unless I'm Asian (AKA: I shoulda stayed in school)

Anyway, finally get a reply, I am invited to a hiring session next Friday... 7:30 A.M.... That's cool... will take some exam stuff... if I do well on that I'm in an interview that day... that's cool too... If I get hired, I go back Saturday and fill out the remaining paper-work etc... awesome...

Sounds cool, eh?

Well, if Cuero happens to win tomorrow night, there may be a chance, depending on date/time/location, that I would not be able to make the game...

What in the hell???

Did they not read the part on my application that said I graduated from Cuero High School???

The railroad is on crack... yep! There on Crack!! :D