PDA

View Full Version : Rice vs Sweeny

southeastfootball
10-14-2001, 10:07 PM
what does everyone think about this one

raiderman02
10-14-2001, 10:30 PM
I think if rice played like they did last week against wharton sweeny will not have a chance. i was at the game and i hurd a lot of people say that this was the best that they have ever seen any rice team in the schools history play. so if rice can shut them down like they did with the houston area's top rated offence to only 97 yards, i think that it will be a blow out. not to mention that rice has a outstanding 714 yards of total offence. if they continue to play like that i say bring on forney.

SintonFan
10-15-2001, 01:55 AM
Who has Sweeny played and the scores? Who has Rice played and the scores? Any common opponents? If not, any 2nd opponent ties? Sorry, but many ppl are not that close to that district. Some info could help southeastfootball.
Not to start anything...

[This message has been edited by SintonFan (edited October 15, 2001).]

Matthew328
10-15-2001, 07:14 AM
I like Rice by 2 TD's in this one...Sweeny's D is much better than Wharton's...I don't think Sweeny will be able to do much against Rice however

Specklebelly
10-15-2001, 04:41 PM
One common opponent Sintonfan, Wharton. Both had them at home. Sweeny won 35 - 33, Rice Cons won 61 - 17. If Rice shows up like last week for the rest of the season they wont be beaten. I dont know how a team would go about beating Rice. They play awesome D and dont turn the ball over on offense. Two turnovers all year. They just held the Houston areas top 3A offense to 103 total yards. Sweeny is a strong team but no match for these boys, 35 - 7, Rice wins again.

Husker98
10-16-2001, 10:15 AM
I think Rice will take this. They have one of the best defenses in the state.

Rice 28-7

pw107
10-16-2001, 11:47 AM
You guys better give Sweeny a chance. They haven't played that good this season to date, but they have always been known to turn it up against the big teams. With Baca at QB anything is possible. Plus, those two losses may look bad but they aren't. One game was called due to lightning. The other was a 3 point loss to Strake Jesuit. The records in this don't mean a thing. Sweeny takes it: 27 - 20

southeastfootball
10-16-2001, 06:22 PM
i agree sweeny plays good in big games but i still think rice has to much talent i say rice 27 sweeny 20

bd62
10-16-2001, 09:59 PM
on paper it looks like rice. but remember they were very high for wharton. they better be prepared because sweeney has a history of upseting folks on there field.it will be closer than most people think.

SintonFan
10-17-2001, 01:22 AM
Well, on paper it does look Rice should beat Sweeny. That does not give Rice an automatic win. This could be a statement game for either team. I think this game won't be easy for either team, but is this for the district championship? How does Sealy figure into the mix? Just curious, since I get no info on Sealy( they're not mentioned on the posts).

bd62
10-17-2001, 06:19 PM
sealy is 2-0 in dist. and face wharton friday. they upset lagrange in non-dist.they will be a factor.still have to face sweeney and rice.