PDA

View Full Version : girls basketball

callandraise
02-22-2003, 10:02 PM
At halftime the Ballinger girls trail Canyon by 3 points. Canyon is the number one ranked girls team in the United States in any classification. The only other Texas team in the top ten is Duncanville a 5A team,they are ranked at number 9.Beginning of fourth Qtr. Canyon ahead by 5. We are very proud of these kids, they are real fighters.

vet93
02-22-2003, 10:24 PM
Final...Ballinger 27 and Canyon 41. Ballinger played their hearts out. Canyon beat the other two teams in the regional tournament by 35 (Decatur) and Perryton (40, and 44 earlier in the year). What a tremendous effort. I would be surprised if anyone at the state tournament will get to within 20 of the lady eagles. They have one girl who is 6'5" (signed to play at UT) and another that is slated to play for Texas Tech. To hold this team to 41 points is a feat in itself...sorry I am rambling...just very proud in a tough fought loss.

slpybear the bullfan
02-23-2003, 01:04 PM
Wow!!! I have heard a lot about these girls from Canyon! They sound like a very special team.

Good job to Ballinger, Decatur, Perryton and the rest for some well fought battles.

And a great job to those girls from the pan handle!

wildstangs
02-23-2003, 02:20 PM
Congrats to the Ballinger girls. Sounds like they gave Canyon all they wanted. No shame in giving it all you got. I dont think anyone is going to stop Canyon the rest of the way.

mwynn05
02-23-2003, 07:11 PM
a 6'5 girl!! whoa thats tall especially for a girl she would be like tha tallest person in our school maybe 2nd... another question can she dunk or is she just big or athletic and big

vet93
02-23-2003, 07:51 PM
I doubt that she can dunk. She is athletic though...but more in a bruising, block you out kinda way. It is almost impossible to stop her in the low post, unless she stops herself.

mwynn05:
a 6'5 girl!! whoa thats tall especially for a girl she would be like tha tallest person in our school maybe 2nd... another question can she dunk or is she just big or athletic and big