PDA

View Full Version : Hutto D2 Champs?

Paratrooper
12-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Hutto I think is going to take the D2 championship. I know people are picking Cuero, but Hutto has been picked to lose just about every playoff game they have played thus far. They have definently had the hardest road to get where they are at. They haven't played one single team that is marginal......not by a long shot. Look at these teams

Rice (8-2)
Marlin (8-2-1)
Bridge City (9-2)
Yoe (13-1)

I think Hutto beats Cuero.

chugbug
12-09-2005, 12:11 PM
The road comes to and end with Cuero. I have been wrong in the other 4 games. The odds are getting in my favor. Cuero ends the hippo's season.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

District303aPastPlayer
12-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Cuero is my pick for this year AND next year already.

gobblergolf
12-09-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Cuero is my pick for this year AND next year already.
`

I agree with each of those picks! Can't go wrong with the Cuero Gobblers!

44INAROW
12-09-2005, 01:01 PM
GO MEAN GREEN :) GO MEAN GREEN :) GO MEAN GREEN :) GO MEAN GREEN :)

sicem74
12-09-2005, 01:23 PM
cuero by 31

District303aPastPlayer
12-09-2005, 01:26 PM
cuero has more juniors on this team than seniors i think

cjeffsjeep
12-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
cuero by 31

mabye at halftime

Gobbler Fan
12-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Hippo's go on the endangered species list after saturday .;)

mustang68
12-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Hippo's go on the endangered species list after saturday .;)

If so, followed by Turkeys the following week. I just love Turkey for Christmas.

Gobbler Fan
12-09-2005, 03:28 PM
:mad: :foul: :evillaugh :evil: :thumbsup: :crazy:

Gobbler Fan
12-09-2005, 03:29 PM
:mad: :foul: :evillaugh :evil: :thumbsup: :crazy: My bad my little mad face has symbol's I hope I dont get banned :rolleyes:

District303aPastPlayer
12-09-2005, 04:22 PM
My bad my little mad face has symbol's I hope I dont get banned :rolleyes:

LMBO... cant throw the A in there

Mustangpride09
12-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
Hutto I think is going to take the D2 championship. I know people are picking Cuero, but Hutto has been picked to lose just about every playoff game they have played thus far. They have definently had the hardest road to get where they are at. They haven't played one single team that is marginal......not by a long shot. Look at these teams

Rice (8-2)
Marlin (8-2-1)
Bridge City (9-2)
Yoe (13-1)

you want em to win just so "your" bridge city wont look as bad as they actually are (were). And i thought that sweetwater was too weak to make it to the semi's? Looks like you were wrong twice.

44INAROW
12-09-2005, 05:02 PM
:mad: :foul: :evillaugh :evil: :thumbsup: :crazy:

Originally posted by mustang68
I just love Turkey for Christmas.

Isn't that original??

GO MEAN GREEN :) GO MEAN GREEN :) GO MEAN GREEN :) GO MEAN GREEN :)

Just back from the Pep Rally....... GO MEAN GREEN - NOW I AM IN A FOOTBALL MOOD

PHS Wildcats
12-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Cuero by 31? And that's by halftime? A state semifinal blowout? :eek: :confused: hmmmmmmmmm

un b weavable
12-09-2005, 05:42 PM
I think Hutto suprised a lot of people by getting this far, especially when the beat Marlin, but i think this is as far as they're going to get.

GO MEAN GREEN

aggie fan
12-09-2005, 05:48 PM
If so, followed by Turkeys the following week. I just love Turkey for Christmas.

haha... you mind sharing that turkey.

wannabgobbler08
12-09-2005, 07:33 PM

Rice (8-2)
Marlin (8-2-1)
Bridge City (9-2)
Yoe (13-1)

Dude, are you kidding me Gobblers all the way. GO MEAN GREEN!

sweetwater07
12-09-2005, 07:42 PM
i really hope hutto wins this week...tired of all of these big headed folks thinking they are unbeatable

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
tired of all of these big headed folks thinking they are unbeatable
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

RdaleBoi08
12-09-2005, 07:58 PM
I Think It Will Be Close.... Yea Cuero Is Good But Hutto Is Getting Good Every Week...I Think This Game Will Be like USC/Notre Dame Game!....I Say It's Up For Grabs!

GreenGobbla
12-09-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i really hope hutto wins this week...tired of all of these big headed folks thinking they are unbeatable

im not, cuz it just proves that we are right...and i hope we play sweetwater and have a meet and greet at the state go so i can see you, cuz i have a few words for you...unless your a player, ill see you after the game...and dont cry too much

gobblerfan02
12-09-2005, 09:03 PM
^
l
l

I sure hope the Cuero players don't pay too much attention to this one! As big headedness leads you nowhere!

Tx Challenge
12-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Got to pull for the Hippos in this one

red4ver
12-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Cuero, I know you guys are good and I have a lot of respect for you ; you have to be good to keep showing up every year in the finals. I haven't been posting very long, but I have been reading for a while. It seems like every week you talk about the next game being "a practice game" or a warmup. It kind of seems like you don't have any respect for your opponents, and win or lose, it is no shame to get beat at this point in the playoffs - just an honor to be there.

I can't fault you for being confident, I think it is great. Just be careful about taking your opponent lightly or not seriously enough; it can sure get you beat. It nearly got us beat by Levelland earlier in the season. Since we will be playing at the same time, it will be hard to keep up with the game, but I hope you and the Hippos have a great, clean game! Can't wait to meet one of you next week!

Go Mustangs!!

Gobbla2001
12-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by red4ver
Cuero, I know you guys are good and I have a lot of respect for you ; you have to be good to keep showing up every year in the finals. I haven't been posting very long, but I have been reading for a while. It seems like every week you talk about the next game being "a practice game" or a warm-up.

Go Mustangs!!

Be careful who you're pointing fingers at... There are more Cuero fans on here that 'do not' act/post as you say 'we all' do than those who actually do...

If I were to go by your logic and believe a few posters represent the attitudes/beliefs that the rest of the posters from their community represent, than I could say a lot of negative things about ALL of the Sweetwarer posters, but most are great, informative and respectful...

If you've been reading for a while, you'd notice that none of this comes from me, 44INAROW, crabman (unless his boy forgets to sign his username out to post his messages), gobbler grab, Old Green, maroogreen, gobblerfan02, King Rob, TAMUGRAD and the list goes on and on...

As for the ones who do post about the 'practices' etc..., they're young, they're having a blast... may sound cocky, may be annoying, different strokes for different folks, but do not judge the whole gang of 3adownlow posters representing Cuero based on comments by a handful of our posters...

Gracias!

3ABirdMan
12-10-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
you want em to win just so "your" bridge city wont look as bad as they actually are (were). And i thought that sweetwater was too weak to make it to the semi's? Looks like you were wrong twice.

That does it - I am no longer neutral. The ignorance of this post (and a few other from Swater fans) has made me a non-Swater fan!

Breaks are part of the game - Every one on here worth their posting salt will admit to that as fact. Hutto has had ALL of the breaks so far, round by round. Are they good - YES, or they wouldn't still be playing. That said, they are still entitled to play another week, while almost every one else has moved on. But being a realist and looking at facts says their luck will run out this week when they meet a full-strentgh, high-powered, disciplined team.

And I hope Swater gets drilled!:mad:

un b weavable
12-10-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan

Go Tatum :D

HipposGitErDun
12-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by sicem74
cuero by 31

Dude,, that means they would have beaten Cameron by 60,,,, good thing for you that the YOE boys are bouncing basketballs.

HipposGitErDun
12-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
That does it - I am no longer neutral. The ignorance of this post (and a few other from Swater fans) has made me a non-Swater fan!

Breaks are part of the game - Every one on here worth their posting salt will admit to that as fact. Hutto has had ALL of the breaks so far, round by round. Are they good - YES, or they wouldn't still be playing. That said, they are still entitled to play another week, while almost every one else has moved on. But being a realist and looking at facts says their luck will run out this week when they meet a full-strentgh, high-powered, disciplined team.

I presume that one of the breaks was BC losing their QB to a very unfortunate accident.
Unless Mr. Dishon can score TD's and play 2 linebacker positions,,, he would not have made a difference in the game. We played VERY conservative with the lead. When we made a mistake offensively and gave you guys the field position to score,, and maybe have a chance to make it close,,, We drove the ball right down your throats to easily score and put the game out of reach,, Your D had no chance to stop us. I think that BC was a class act, but you needed more than one player to compete with Hutto this year.

44INAROW
12-10-2005, 12:53 AM
Can't wait to meet one of you next week!

Go Mustangs!!

Who's counting chickens now? Looks as if you are assuming Sweetwater is going to win :D :D Just giving you a hard time.... but see how easy it is to do without meaning to be cocky?

gobblerfan02
12-10-2005, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Be careful who you're pointing fingers at... There are more Cuero fans on here that 'do not' act/post as you say 'we all' do than those who actually do...

If I were to go by your logic and believe a few posters represent the attitudes/beliefs that the rest of the posters from their community represent, than I could say a lot of negative things about ALL of the Sweetwarer posters, but most are great, informative and respectful...

If you've been reading for a while, you'd notice that none of this comes from me, 44INAROW, crabman (unless his boy forgets to sign his username out to post his messages), gobbler grab, Old Green, maroogreen, gobblerfan02, King Rob, TAMUGRAD and the list goes on and on...

As for the ones who do post about the 'practices' etc..., they're young, they're having a blast... may sound cocky, may be annoying, different strokes for different folks, but do not judge the whole gang of 3adownlow posters representing Cuero based on comments by a handful of our posters...

Gracias! Classy post DZ! Glad someone posted it so well, I couldn't have done it any better! Hope to see you at the game tomorrow! But before I see yall there, I've got to get fitted for a suit, so I'm goin shoppin!

red4ver
12-10-2005, 09:29 AM

Gracias!
You are right, there are some pretty bad Sweetwater posters out there too. I really didn't mean to make it sound like it was only you and like I was pointing fingers I will be the first to tell you that we have a lot of big heads and egos also, and like I said, it almost got us beat.several times.

I think you are right, most of them are just young, excited, and cocky - and hey, they probably all have a very good reason to be that way - I mean, how many teams are left at this point?! Good luck in your game - gotta get on the road now to ours.

Go Mustangs

Gobbla2001
12-10-2005, 10:25 AM
You are right, there are some pretty bad Sweetwater posters out there too. I really didn't mean to make it sound like it was only you and like I was pointing fingers I will be the first to tell you that we have a lot of big heads and egos also, and like I said, it almost got us beat.several times.

I think you are right, most of them are just young, excited, and cocky - and hey, they probably all have a very good reason to be that way - I mean, how many teams are left at this point?! Good luck in your game - gotta get on the road now to ours.

Go Mustangs

Gotcha, have a safe trip and good luck to Swater...

Gunna have to jet soon myself, Christmas shoppin' on the River-Walk...

gobblerfan02
12-10-2005, 10:26 AM
Gotcha, have a safe trip and good luck to Swater...

Gunna have to jet soon myself, Christmas shoppin' on the River-Walk... I live in SA and I HATE the RW!

Gobbla2001
12-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
I live in SA and I HATE the RW!

I like it man... it's just 'different' from, well, Wal-Mart...

scheduler57
12-10-2005, 11:57 AM
We will be listening in Cameron. Tight game at half, then gobblers will get hungry and run the ball down the hippos throat. Final by 24 pts, 45 - 21 gobblers will face Sweetwater and win state in a close game. Got my green on!!! Early congrats to hutto on a great season that comes to an end tonite!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wannabgobbler08
12-10-2005, 12:06 PM
And I recall somone calling Cuero fans COCKY!! This sounds just a little COCKY to me!

District303aPastPlayer
12-10-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by wannabgobbler08
And I recall somone calling Cuero fans COCKY!! This sounds just a little COCKY to me!

call out the cameron yoe fans then, because he is one of theirs

The Stork
12-10-2005, 12:34 PM

Rice (8-2)
Marlin (8-2-1)
Bridge City (9-2)
Yoe (13-1)

I think he's just trying to get all the talk out before tonight because he's scared he won't be able to say anything after the game. Hutto has had a great season but that's just the thing, if they lose tonight they can be OK with it because of how their season turned out. The Gobblers on the other hand will not be satisfied without a win. Burn the boat baby.

hutex04
12-10-2005, 02:34 PM
yeah your right, hutto will be happy to lose to cuero. We will be like aggy and have moral victories. "oh look at us, we played cuero and lost, way to go guys!" I hope like he** we beat Cuero cause yall are disrespectful. Saying Cuero wins by 31 at half and all that. That is disrespect. I happen to always like Cuero and route for them, but after this week I dont feel the same. Safe travels

District303aPastPlayer
12-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
yeah your right, hutto will be happy to lose to cuero. We will be like aggy and have moral victories. "oh look at us, we played cuero and lost, way to go guys!" I hope like he** we beat Cuero cause yall are disrespectful. Saying Cuero wins by 31 at half and all that. That is disrespect. I happen to always like Cuero and route for them, but after this week I dont feel the same. Safe travels

dont worry. LoL. once you see them play, you will see why we say what we say. Have fun and enjoy this last week :)

hutex04
12-10-2005, 02:59 PM
i will enjoy yalls last week, be sure to come back over here after the game and congradulate Hutto and wish them well

District303aPastPlayer
12-10-2005, 03:01 PM
i will enjoy yalls last week, be sure to come back over here after the game and congradulate Hutto and wish them well

we will... ya'll do have a good basketball team, don't yall :)

i too will enjoy cueros last week. . . next week will be great

hutex04
12-10-2005, 03:03 PM
next week will be great for yall in basketball? thats kewl. Hutto does have a good basketball team, maybe they can win state in that too.

District303aPastPlayer
12-10-2005, 03:04 PM
next week will be great for yall in basketball? thats kewl. Hutto does have a good basketball team, maybe they can win state in that too.

look dude, you have no advantage to this argument. there is a reason cuero is touted so highly. they will play for 3 straight championships when its all said and done, last year, this year and next year winning two in a row.

hutex04
12-10-2005, 03:07 PM
I know something you dont know, and get back with me tonight after the game. I look forward to what you have to say after that. :D

Bandera YaYa
12-10-2005, 08:53 PM

Rice (8-2)
Marlin (8-2-1)
Bridge City (9-2)
Yoe (13-1)

I think Hutto beats Cuero. OMG....that sounds soooooooo familiar.......that is exactly what our 2002 State team faced....every game....always picked as the underdog.....never picked to win......we came from being 3rd in our district to be the D2 State Champs.......it was just destiny.....and ya'll road sounds exactly like ours was! I have to say I am rooting for Cuero, but after hearing your story, I'm kinda scared for 'em! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Buccaneer
12-11-2005, 12:26 AM
look dude, you have no advantage to this argument. there is a reason cuero is touted so highly. they will play for 3 straight championships when its all said and done, last year, this year and next year winning two in a row.

Does HEB sell crow?

hutex04
12-11-2005, 12:38 AM
yup told him to make sure and come back online after the game, guess he hasent shown up yet to congradulate hutto

CHS_Grad '85
12-11-2005, 12:57 AM
Give him some time... that's a long ride from SA to Sinton... :)

hutex04
12-11-2005, 01:07 AM
ill give him some more time, cause i know hes a good guy and will come on here to congradulate hutto

fbmom
12-11-2005, 02:39 AM
HOW ABOUT THOSE HUTTO HIPPOS NOW!!!!

hutex04
12-11-2005, 02:46 AM
im flying from washington state to see them this saturday mom. I was on this websight getting updates from this game. When they were going for a field goal i felt like i was gonna throw up. But we made it and the rest is history

hutex04
12-11-2005, 02:49 AM
District303aPastPlayer did not show up. That upsets me. If we lost i would wish Cuero the best. After his bold statements about the hippos. Guess he can live with the fact that he should keep his mouth shut

red4ver
12-11-2005, 03:24 AM
Congratulations Hippos. Sounds like your game was a barn burner! Tough loss for Cuero. Haven't seen you play, but Tatum is good, so get ready. Good luck to you and Tatum next week - sounds like it has the makings of a GREAT game!

I wish we could have come out winners too, but it just wasn't meant to be. We had a great season, the ride was great, and I'm proud to be a Sweetwater Mustang.

District303aPastPlayer
12-11-2005, 03:24 AM
District303aPastPlayer did not show up. That upsets me. If we lost i would wish Cuero the best. After his bold statements about the hippos. Guess he can live with the fact that he should keep his mouth shut

i will stick by my statements about hutto. i take nothing back, and have no regrets

hutex04
12-11-2005, 03:29 AM
ok fine by me. I wish Cuero good luck next year tho. 3rd times a charm.

HipposGitErDun
12-11-2005, 04:24 AM

Just like many(not all) of the fans of the 5 Hutto playoff victims,, you fail to give credit where credit is due. We score when we have to.... The 8:10 drive in quarter 4 to win the game is very similar to 3 or 4 of our other playoff games. A better team would not allow an inferior opponent to drive 80 yards in 8 minutes to advance to the state championship game. You guys had a great team,,, and great fan support,,, just like Rice Consolidated, Bridge City, Marlin and Cameron. I guess only the trophy and championship rings will make people believe in Hutto, their talent, and their will to win.

Good luck to you guys.

HM33
12-11-2005, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by HipposGitErDun
I guess only the trophy and championship rings will make people believe in Hutto, their talent, and their will to win.

Good luck to you guys.

Yes, and good luck to you. But they haven't won them yet.

Paratrooper
12-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09

Oh I wouldn't call Bridge City a weak team.....lol. The two losses they had were to Hutto going into the finals and WOS who went to the semi finals.

Jody
12-11-2005, 08:16 PM
Oh I wouldn't call Bridge City a weak team.....lol. The two losses they had were to Hutto going into the finals and WOS who went to the semi finals.

Trust me Paratrooper, BC will not come out on bottom next year against WOS. They look better every year. 2006 is the year of the Cardinal in East Texas.

wos fan1
12-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Will be another great game next season. But we have a ton coming back. The Defense will be better and Mr. Thomas and Franks return!! :smoker:

Paratrooper
12-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Yes and WOS also won't have Mr. Beasley and we will STILL have Dishon......but I guess that is a thread for next year.:D

wos fan1
12-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Yep! We have plenty back. A couple that will probably go D1. Will discuss next year! :D

Paratrooper
12-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Didn't mean to make this a BC/WOS thread but I had to respond to one of the posters who put on here that I was only wanting Hutto to win to make BC look stronger.............NO, I was actually posting that I thought Hutto would take down Cuero. I don't need to make BC look stronger. They had a fine year and beat some good folks. Course, a lot of the Gobbler fans were quick to bash me for saying that Hutto would beat them. I think Hutto wins this week also.