PDA

View Full Version : What does Burnet have?

The Chosen 1
12-11-2002, 08:15 AM
I am very sure Burnet has talent on their roster, but will someone please tell me who else is on Burnet's team besides McGee and Shipley?

McGee and Shipley, Shipley and McGee, the dynamic duo, oh I am just sick of it!

Last time I checked, Everman had more than Benton, Miller, Jennings and Harrell on their team. They have a very stout offensive line without whom the aforementioned big four couldn't succeed w/out. The defensive line helps anchor a stingy defensive unit along with very good linebackers and one of the better pass defenses in 3A.

Much is made of Everman's dogfight (so to speak) with Forney. They had to work for a win against the Jackrabbits, and I am pretty sure that if Burnet would have played them, would not have won very easily either. The same could be probably said of the "other" Bulldog team's win over Jasper.

Good teams overcome adversity and rise to the occasion, as Everman did last Saturday. Neither team will win very easily, so I am not predicting a score. Hopefully the right team (the purple dawgs) wins the football game. Both teams will go through hell and back under the dome.

I know that both teams are talented, but will someone please tell me what that "other" team has besides McGee and Shipley?? eek! eek!

Matthew328
12-11-2002, 08:18 AM
Burnet has plenty...they have an excellent TB in Patrick Miller...a very good TE not sure of his name...and a great O-Line....their defense isn't talked about much but they seem to be more than capable of doing their job..gonna be tough for Everman to get a win...but if Everman plays like I know they are capable of then they can get it done..but Burnet is also more than capable as well..it'll be a close one with the winner making the fewest mistakes

The Chosen 1
12-11-2002, 09:03 AM
Fine, I was sure they had someone. Thanx for letting me know

BIG19
12-11-2002, 09:59 AM
The TE's name is Templeton (kind of on the small side too). Other than the ones that have been mentioned, Burnet doesn't have anyone else on the team wink . They are a very talented group for 4 guys and a line that have made it the the finals. Come see how good they really are.

<small>[ December 11, 2002, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: BIG19 ]</small>

DOGS1
12-11-2002, 01:27 PM
BURNET HAS A TEAM FULL OF TALENT, AS DOES EVERMAN. YOU PEOPLE ACT LIKE THE COACHES ARE WATCHING THIS BOARD FOR THERE GAME PLAN. THIS IS FOR THE FANS. HERE IS THE LOW DOWN (OTHER THAN McGee AND SHIPLEY):

OFFENCE –

OFF. LINE: THEY ARE PLAYING GREAT. HELD A HUGE AND GOOD JASPER DEF. LINE OFF OF OUR INJURED AND NOT NEAR AS MOBILE AS NORMAL QB. #76 – D1 RECRUIT TO GEORGIA TECH, #71-#78 ARE BOTH FUTURE COLLEGE PROSPECTS.

TIGHT END: #10 TEMPLETON, VERY TALL (6’6”) GREAT HANDS AND CONTROL.

RECIEVERS: (NOT JUST SHIPLEY) #3, #9, #1 ARE ALL FAST AND HAVE GREAT HANDS. #3 CAN MAKE HUGE RUNS AFTER THE CATCH.

OFF BACKFIELD: #23 PATRICK MILLER IS THE BEST RUNNING BACK IN 3A FOR BURNETS TYPE OF OFFENCE (IMHA). HAS ALMOST 1,800 RUSHING YARDS ON THE YEAR. GOOD RECEIVER OUT OF THE BACKFIELD. #6 LEVENS, ANOTHER EXCELENT BACK WITH LIMITED CARRIES BEHIND MILLER, BUT VERY DANGEROUS. #6 HAD AROUND 100 YARDS IN ONE GAME WHEN MILLER WAS OUT.

QB: (EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE SICK OF HEARING ABOUT HIM) GREAT SIZE, SPEED AND A VERY ACURATE PASSER. CAN READ DEFENSES VERY GOOD. USUALLY HE IS VERY DANGEROUS RUNNING THE BALL AND SCRAMMBLING, BUT WHITH INJURY, HIS RUNNING SHOULD NOT BE A FACTOR.

DEFENCE-

*COACHING: THESE COACHES HAVE SHOWN ALL YEAR HOW FAST THEY CAN MAKE ADJUSTMENTS AND WILL BE KEY.

DEF. LINE: DEF ENDS #33 AND #99 ARE BOTH VERY GOOD. #33’S SIZE IS DECIEVING, HE IS STRONG AND CAN REEK HAVOCK ON A QB. THE MIDDLE IS ALSO GOOD. THIS LINE IS VERY SMART AND QUICK.

LINEBACKERS: HAVE BEEN PLAYING GREAT IN THE PLAYOFFS, #44 AND #14 ARE KEY IN THE MIDDLE FOR THIS GAME.

SECONDARY: SAFTEY, #20 IS A HUGE HITTER. CORNERBACKS: #8 SHIPLEY AND #3 WARNER NEED TO BOTH COME UP HUGE IN ONE-ON-ONE COVERAGE (#20 SHOULD PLAY UP FOR RUN SUPPORT). SHIPLEY IS JUST AS DANGEROUS ON DEFENCE.

NOW, PLEASE BE SO KIND AS TO DO THE SAME FOR EVERMANS KEY PLAYERS.

I PREDICT:

BURNET – 40

EVERMAN - 27

evebulldog01
12-11-2002, 01:39 PM
Here is an interesting article out of the Fort Worth Star Telegram for everypne who keeps claiming the coaches never use these boards to help in coaching.

Everman coaches and players know how to do research.

The Bulldogs' locker room, as well as several school hallways, are wallpapered with articles not only about the Bulldogs, but about their playoff opponents.

This week, two locker-room walls are covered with articles about 14-0 Burnet, which Everman (13-1) is scheduled to meet at 5 p.m. Saturday in the Class 3A Division I state championship at the Alamodome in San Antonio.

The articles come from the Burnet Bulletin, a weekly paper with 3,733 subscribers. They date to Burnet's first playoff game four weeks ago and are actually cut out from the paper.

By Monday morning, Everman coaches somehow had obtained current and back issues of the Bulletin.

In another room Tuesday, quarterback Michael Benton, flanker Jonathan Harrell and running back J.J. Jennings were huddled around a computer printing anything that mentioned Everman on chat-room message boards.

"Got to get some bulletin-board material," Harrell said. "Looking for anything that says we won't win."

BIG19
12-11-2002, 01:52 PM
DOGS1:
BURNET HAS A TEAM FULL OF TALENT, AS DOES EVERMAN. YOU PEOPLE ACT LIKE THE COACHES ARE WATCHING THIS BOARD FOR THERE GAME PLAN. THIS IS FOR THE FANS. HERE IS THE LOW DOWN (OTHER THAN McGee AND SHIPLEY):

OFFENCE –

OFF. LINE: THEY ARE PLAYING GREAT. HELD A HUGE AND GOOD JASPER DEF. LINE OFF OF OUR INJURED AND NOT NEAR AS MOBILE AS NORMAL QB. #76 – D1 RECRUIT TO GEORGIA TECH, #71-#78 ARE BOTH FUTURE COLLEGE PROSPECTS.

TIGHT END: #10 TEMPLETON, VERY TALL (6’6”) GREAT HANDS AND CONTROL.

RECIEVERS: (NOT JUST SHIPLEY) #3, #9, #1 ARE ALL FAST AND HAVE GREAT HANDS. #3 CAN MAKE HUGE RUNS AFTER THE CATCH.

OFF BACKFIELD: #23 PATRICK MILLER IS THE BEST RUNNING BACK IN 3A FOR BURNETS TYPE OF OFFENCE (IMHA). HAS ALMOST 1,800 RUSHING YARDS ON THE YEAR. GOOD RECEIVER OUT OF THE BACKFIELD. #6 LEVENS, ANOTHER EXCELENT BACK WITH LIMITED CARRIES BEHIND MILLER, BUT VERY DANGEROUS. #6 HAD AROUND 100 YARDS IN ONE GAME WHEN MILLER WAS OUT.

QB: (EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE SICK OF HEARING ABOUT HIM) GREAT SIZE, SPEED AND A VERY ACURATE PASSER. CAN READ DEFENSES VERY GOOD. USUALLY HE IS VERY DANGEROUS RUNNING THE BALL AND SCRAMMBLING, BUT WHITH INJURY, HIS RUNNING SHOULD NOT BE A FACTOR.

DEFENCE-

*COACHING: THESE COACHES HAVE SHOWN ALL YEAR HOW FAST THEY CAN MAKE ADJUSTMENTS AND WILL BE KEY.

DEF. LINE: DEF ENDS #33 AND #99 ARE BOTH VERY GOOD. #33’S SIZE IS DECIEVING, HE IS STRONG AND CAN REEK HAVOCK ON A QB. THE MIDDLE IS ALSO GOOD. THIS LINE IS VERY SMART AND QUICK.

LINEBACKERS: HAVE BEEN PLAYING GREAT IN THE PLAYOFFS, #44 AND #14 ARE KEY IN THE MIDDLE FOR THIS GAME.

SECONDARY: SAFTEY, #20 IS A HUGE HITTER. CORNERBACKS: #8 SHIPLEY AND #3 WARNER NEED TO BOTH COME UP HUGE IN ONE-ON-ONE COVERAGE (#20 SHOULD PLAY UP FOR RUN SUPPORT). SHIPLEY IS JUST AS DANGEROUS ON DEFENCE.

NOW, PLEASE BE SO KIND AS TO DO THE SAME FOR EVERMANS KEY PLAYERS.

I PREDICT:

BURNET – 40

EVERMAN - 27Excuse me DOG1, but you are wrong on this one. This board is not used just for fans. As for my previous post, yes I know they have a great team with loads of talent, but I was not going to give false information.

DOGS1
12-11-2002, 03:35 PM
WHAT PART OF MY INFORMATION ARE YOU SAYING IS FALSE AND WHAT PART OF MY INFORMATION DO YOU THINK THAT THE DEFENDING STATE CHAMPION EVERMAN'S COACHING STAFF DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW. THE QUESTION, 'WHAT ELSE DOES BURNET HAVE' WAS ASKED, AND I GAVE AN ANSWER. I DO AGREE, COACHES MAY USE THESE SITES FOR INSPIRATIONAL BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL, BUT IF YOU THINK THAT THEY USE IT FOR A SCOUTING REPORT, THAN YOU ARE CRAZY. I SURE HOPE THAT SOMEONE FROM EVERMAN TELLS US ABOUT THERE TEAM OR ELSE OUR (BURNETS) COACHES WILL NOT HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT TO EXPECT.

SWTdawg
12-11-2002, 03:39 PM
Yes I am sure Burnet's team will suffer another loss this year due to their coaching staff not looking at these message boards. Guess we will just have to go into the game blind.

SWTdawg
12-11-2002, 03:42 PM
The ENTIRE BURNET COACHING STAFF was at the Everman/Forney game. They know what they have to do to win.