PDA

View Full Version : Nothing worse than digging a grave in the frozen ground

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2005, 12:14 AM
Tonight we had to bury our 9 month old Dog Xander. we found him beaten and abused back in June and try to show him how a real family treats their animals.

He loved our two older little dogs,but never was able to truly become comfortable around humans because of how abused he was. But we still loved on him as much as possible

Last week he got sick, and we tried to nurse him back to health, but becausewe were unsure of what he had we could not bring him in. Tonight I found him on our porch up against our door. He had simply fallen asleep quietly forever.

I know some people think animals are just that animals, but to us they are family. To nurse a poor beaten animal back, just to him die is tough on me but especially my wife. Our other outside dog will not leave the porch now and just keeps whining.

Sorry for the long post, but I am a guy who does show my emotions and right now I am alittle shook up and needed to vent.

RIP poor Xander we will always love you

Stownhorse
12-09-2005, 12:17 AM
dang i was having a good night until you posted!...RIP Xander!

Stownhorse
12-09-2005, 12:17 AM
all dogs go to heaven

DaHop72
12-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Tonight we had to bury our 9 month old Dog Xander. we found him beaten and abused back in June and try to show him how a real family treats their animals.

He loved our two older little dogs,but never was able to truly become comfortable around humans because of how abused he was. But we still loved on him as much as possible

Last week he got sick, and we tried to nurse him back to health, but because the Vet was unsure of what he had we could not bring him in. Tonight I found him on our porch up against our door. He had simply fallen asleep quietly forever.

I know some people think animals are just that animals, but to us they are family. To nurse a poor beaten animal back, just to him die is tough on me but especially my wife. Our other outside dog will not leave the porch now and just keeps whining.

Sorry for the long post, but I am a guy who does show my emotions and right now I am alittle shook up and needed to vent.

RIP poor Xander we will always love you
So sad and from one dog lover to another I know it's tough.

wos fan1
12-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Yep! Sorry to hear about that..:crying:

maroogreen
12-09-2005, 12:40 AM
Oh! So sad :( :( Our dogs are part of our family as well. I don't know what I'd do in your situation besides cry my eyes out.

BTW, people that abuse animals ought to have their fingernails separated/pried off their hands with a dull and rusty knife.

CHS_CG
12-09-2005, 12:43 AM
I feel for ya man.. i love animals to death.. I have a bird that has been in my family as long as i have loved forever.... dont know what i would do with out him!

RIP Xander

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2005, 12:52 AM
thnxs for all the support. One reason I love this board is the family like atmosphere, and you guys have helped me cheer up a little

Txbroadcaster
12-09-2005, 01:15 AM
This is why I love u guys. Talena sent an e-mail to my wife and my wife asked this be posted

Wow, tvm Talena, that is so sweet of you. Terry showed me how many ppl responded tonight and told me thats why he loves 3adl so much, because everyone there is like family. we really appreciate everyones kind thoughts because you are right they are like family. we had 7 (3 cats, and 4 dogs) which is one of reasons we have waited on kids lol. but unfortunately we are down to 6. i am just glad it was us that was able to take him in and try and give him as much love as possible in his short life. 4 of our animals are well over 10 years old so i dont expect too many more years from them, but i can so relate, i can not imagine life w/o them. t are truly our babies besides terrys lil girl.

again tvm, that was so sweet of you to reach out, and i will definitely remember how wonderful u and everyone else from 3adl are.

take care,
crystal