PDA

View Full Version : my prediction on swater/tatum

lostaussie
12-08-2005, 09:28 PM
not lots of northeast teaxas posters on here so i have been pm'ed several times as to what i know. to be honest i don't know squat. but here goes. tatums defense is incredible. there offense leaves something to be desired. i think this is one of the few times that west texas can MATCH the speed of east texas. speed USUALLY kills, but i think this time it will even out. that being said, swater i hope your o and d lines are quick enough.

sweetwater 23 tatum 20

my pick means absolutely nothing, but i have been asked, so therefore i pick. i'm gonna get up in the morning and head to my lease. that's what folks do who ain't still playing. good luck to both teams.

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
not lots of northeast teaxas posters on here so i have been pm'ed several times as to what i know. to be honest i don't know squat. but here goes. tatums defense is incredible. there offense leaves something to be desired. i think this is one of the few times that west texas can MATCH the speed of east texas. speed USUALLY kills, but i think this time it will even out. that being said, swater i hope your o and d lines are quick enough.

sweetwater 23 tatum 20

my pick means absolutely nothing, but i have been asked, so therefore i pick. i'm gonna get up in the morning and head to my lease. that's what folks do who ain't still playing. good luck to both teams.

That's what I'm talkin' bout. Thanks!!!

Bullaholic
12-08-2005, 09:35 PM
An "honest" pick, lostaussie---because I know you are from East Texas. Anybody who picks with their "head" over their "heart" and gives good supporting reasons, is what being a true high school football fan is all about. I've got no problem with "homer" picks propped by "bragging" or "smack", as long as they are clearly identified as such.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
An "honest" pick, lostaussie---because I know you are from East Texas. Anybody who picks with their "head" over their "heart" and gives good supporting reasons, is what being a true high school football fan is all about. I've got no problem with "homer" picks propped by "bragging" or "smack", as long as they are clearly identified as such.

Well, on that note....

I'm really worried about the mustangs chances. I'm rooting for you, but I saw an east texas team last year that had about 5 D1 recruits, and it wasn't pretty for Snyder. It sounds like they (Tatum) have a defense that can contain Sweetwater's only speed (their backs). If that's the case, I don't think their passing game will come close to being good enough. I'm rooting for you Sweetwater, but I'm not liking your chances. That doesn't mean that you can't pull it off.

I picked you to win against Monahans, without many doubts, but this ones a little different.

Bullaholic
12-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Well, on that note....

I'm really worried about the mustangs chances. I'm rooting for you, but I saw an east texas team last year that had about 5 D1 recruits, and it wasn't pretty for Snyder. It sounds like they (Tatum) have a defense that can contain Sweetwater's only speed (their backs). If that's the case, I don't think their passing game will come close to being good enough. I'm rooting for you Sweetwater, but I'm not liking your chances. That doesn't mean that you can't pull it off.

I picked you to win against Monahans, without many doubts, but this ones a little different.

And so it should be at "semis" or "finals". In their heart of hearts I don't think there is a coach or a player who thinks they have a "walkover" this week.

lostaussie
12-08-2005, 09:48 PM
tatum and gilmer are two completely different teams. gilmer won with the i can score more than you attitude. tatum plays just the opposite. we will put all our athletes on defense and try to catch a few breaks. i they do not give them the breaks, swater will win.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-08-2005, 09:53 PM
tatum and gilmer are two completely different teams. gilmer won with the i can score more than you attitude. tatum plays just the opposite. we will put all our athletes on defense and try to catch a few breaks. i they do not give them the breaks, swater will win.

We shall see....I changed my mind about going to the game...I'm with you about going to the lease. Not much time left in the season!

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Sweetwater has an explosive offense and from what I hear...
Tatum has a dominating defense. Sweetwater's defense is
questionable against offenses with huge lines and big RB's.
This has been said by Tatum fans "our offense leaves something
to be desired". If that is the case, given the size of ya'lls roster,
it will be along night for Eagle fans.

lostaussie
12-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
to be desired". i'm not a fan. i'm on the outside looking in. my thoughts are not to be confused with prohphecies(sp)

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 10:11 PM
i'm not a fan. i'm on the outside looking in. my thoughts are not to be confused with prohphecies(sp)

Actually, i heard that on texashsfootball or smoaky. My crappy
memory won't allow me to remember which.

Snyder_TigerFan
12-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Tatum has a dominating defense. ...

FYI....During the playoffs, Sweetwater has scored 144 compared to Tatum's 129. If Sweetwater's offense is considered explosive, I guess Tatum's is pretty close.

I know that the game is played on the field, but numbers are so much fun!

jmcgee
12-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Numbers dont matter. ITs who wants it the most at this point.

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Keep in mind the 41-0 halftime score against Greenwood. 2nd
and 3rd string played the second half. Final score 44-21. I have
no doubt that Tatum wins the time of posession category. But,
how many runs have they had of 70 or more yards? Let alone
97?

WestTXLonghorn
12-08-2005, 10:30 PM
Seriously, I think this is gonna be the game of the week in 3A. It's going to come to the wire I believe and I couldn't tell you which team will pull it out.

How much does that Tatum QB pass? If Lennon Creer is the only guy who touches the ball (or most of the time anyway) then I think S'Water has a better chance of winning.

Stang4life5_5
12-08-2005, 10:41 PM
I wiil never doubt my Mustangs, but it wont be easy, Mustangs by 1 TD in overtime

kaorder1999
12-08-2005, 11:25 PM
ive only seen tatum play so I really cannot make a good prediction! Sweetwater will have to be pretty good to beat them!

gobblerfan02
12-09-2005, 12:14 AM
Will anyone be able to call and give me updates of this game....I'll be at the Cuero/Hutto game in SA and will gladly do the same!

its_n_ D_water
12-09-2005, 12:32 AM
I really hate to miss this game, but someone has to stay behind and work....I'll be listening on the radio...Its going to be a hard fought game, but I know Sweetwater can win this one...Good Luck BIG RED.....:cool:

Tatum_Fan
12-09-2005, 12:47 AM
Tatum has a dominating defense. Sweetwater's defense is
questionable against offenses with huge lines and big RB's.
to be desired". If that is the case, given the size of ya'lls roster,
it will be along night for Eagle fans.

Our offense got off to a slow start, but has really got it in gear as of late (think of the defense they have to compete with during practice) Tatum has A LOT more offensive weapons than Lennon Creer - Darnius Moore (state 200m hurdle winner last year), Bryce Beall, Daylon McCoy (known for defense, but plays offense as well), and several others

I might be mistaken, but I believe Tatum has had at least one 60+ yard touchdown run during every game (with 2 or 3 being the norm). Penalties are the monkey on our back...we have had several long run touchdowns called back during the course of the season

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2005, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Tatum_Fan
Our offense got off to a slow start, but has really got it in gear as of late (think of the defense they have to compete with during practice) Tatum has A LOT more offensive weapons than Lennon Creer - Darnius Moore (state 200m hurdle winner last year), Bryce Beall, Daylon McCoy (known for defense, but plays offense as well), and several others

I might be mistaken, but I believe Tatum has had at least one 60+ yard touchdown run during every game (with 2 or 3 being the norm). Penalties are the monkey on our back...we have had several long run touchdowns called back during the course of the season

I go by Sweetwater Red and sWEETWATERRED(don't ask...key
board problem). I have nothing but respect for the four
remaining teams in division II. I just trash talk to past the time
before each game.

shadow13
12-09-2005, 02:12 AM
If Sweetwater spread the ball around , like against Monahans with a pass here and there ,we should take this one too. Mustangs BY 4

Tweeder215
12-09-2005, 03:19 AM
I haven't posted my pick yet but I pick Sweetwater by 10. Now before you start bashing me, hear me out. I am in no way disrespecting Tatum, they must be a quality program and a great team to be this far. Here goes my explanation. Sweetwaters defense is going to have to win this game. I don't expect a high scoring game, 30 or less points total scored. I also think this game will be very very close until the very end, with the teams seperated (if not tied) by less than a touchdown. However, from sources around that part of the state, I personally believe that Tatum will become frustrated in the early to mid 4th quarter and that it will be all down from there. I read earlier where someone had said that Tatum played "smash-mouth" football and while that might be well and good to hear from an East Texas native but that is all that we play in West Texas because normally, as a rule, that is the only way we can compete with a lack of speed, comparatively. This team from Sweetwater not only was raised in the same manner as the rest of West Texas playing smashmouth football but they also have the speed to match it. All of that being said, I want everyone to remember that my opinion is just that, an opinion and therefore means nothing. That is why we play the game. I'm really ready to watch, what I hope will be, an AMAZING football game. Hope to see everyone there.

Tweeder215
12-09-2005, 03:25 AM
Sweetwater Red, your signature is great. I laughed out loud.:D

Rabbit'93
12-09-2005, 09:54 AM
I'm go go at out a limb and say tatum wins this one.

swtrainer09
12-09-2005, 10:32 AM
I have been watching our boys practice all of this week, and i believe that if these boys put their hearts into this game, and think about just how much they want this,,
they can pull out a win.
Now, im not sayin it's gonna be easy, because it will be anything but Easy, but if our boys play how they know they can, We can pull out a win.
In my own opinion, i think Sweetwater by 6+.

Go Red....Beat Tatum!!!!:clap: :)

sweetwater07
12-09-2005, 10:57 AM
going to be a low scoring game....i say sweetwater by 6-10 points.........if we hit them hard and run fast we will beat them

vet93
12-09-2005, 11:01 AM
As I have stated before...I picked Sweetwater to take the region...so I am a fan. However, I am concerned anytime that West Texas goes east in 3a because the history has not been good over the past 25 years or so. Notable exceptions would be several Abilene Wylie teams and Greenwood's upset of Daingerfield. Those exceptions have happened since 2000....so that is cause for optimism. I am concerned about Tatum's overall team speed....Sweetwater has some great speed at several of the skill positions which could be contained by an aggressive fast defense. The Tatum poster mentioned penalties have been an issue for the Eagles....If that is the case then one chink in their armor may be discipline which is often related to the number of penalties. In which case, if Sweetater plays within themselves and doesn't get frustrated because they can't break the big one against Tatum due to their speed (read long sustained drives), then I will pick Sweetater by 3. This game could go either way unless one team fails to show up mentally. Good luck to both teams..ought to be a dandy!

Go Mustangs.....Bring a trophy back to West Texas!

johnfx24
12-09-2005, 01:14 PM
ok kimosabe says ......tatums lack of depth on offense and penalties will all contribute to the eagles demise......mustang's defense will be able to contain the eagles offense....and the mustangs wide variety of playmakers will eventually find the seam that allows us to break the big one....that momentum will be the straw that breaks the camel's back......mustangs offense will not make the costly mistakes the eagles need to win this game......HOW ......peace out and much from little BIG

jmcgee
12-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Will anyone be able to call and give me updates of this game....I'll be at the Cuero/Hutto game in SA and will gladly do the same! I will just pm me for your cell# or my cell#.

Black_Magic
12-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Folks at this point if you have a good Offense but the best D you win. The other team can have a better Offense thany you but If they dont Score .... Game over. The Best D wins this game. Does Tatum have a good D??

gobbler grad
12-09-2005, 02:19 PM
I guess ...ugh...Tatum wins by 1...really too close to call...:thinking:

vet93
12-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Who had a better D....Snyder or Gilmer?

Originally posted by Black_Magic
Folks at this point if you have a good Offense but the best D you win. The other team can have a better Offense thany you but If they dont Score .... Game over. The Best D wins this game. Does Tatum have a good D??

Snyder_TigerFan
12-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Who had a better D....Snyder or Gilmer?

Come on....that's below the belt! :)

stxboy05
12-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
The best D doesnt always win for instance last year in the quarterfinals game sweetwater held snyder to a total of about 170 yds while sweetwater had about 300+ but they still lost. I think that it just comes downs to making plays when u have to and limiting mistakes, especially at this point in the playoffs.

stxboy05
12-09-2005, 03:56 PM
O yeah, and yes i think sweetwater will win.

I Bleed Red08
12-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Keep in mind the 41-0 halftime score against Greenwood. 2nd
and 3rd string played the second half. Final score 44-21. I have
no doubt that Tatum wins the time of posession category. But,
how many runs have they had of 70 or more yards? Let alone
97? keep in mind Red, that was Greewood not Tatum its a whole different game this time. No Offense RM

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by I Bleed Red08
keep in mind Red, that was Greewood not Tatum its a whole different game this time. No Offense RM

This was in response to a guy who said something like"our
defense alllowed alot of points in the play-offs". I was just
telling him where 21 of those points came from.

I Bleed Red08
12-09-2005, 05:27 PM
ohh ok

un b weavable
12-09-2005, 05:56 PM
I have no clue what either team has so im not even gonna try to make a prediction. I'd like to see Tatum win because College Station looks like its square in the middle between Tatum and Cuero. But, I would like to see Sweetwater win so Cuero can show them what real speed looks like. (Because we all know that Cuero will win this week :thumbsup: )

I Bleed Red08
12-09-2005, 06:32 PM
yall might have the advantage but things happen. Cuero still has two ball games ahead of them so i would quit with the big headedness. you might be dissappointed when yall have to start rooting for the basketball team

I Bleed Red08
12-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by un b weavable
I have no clue what either team has so im not even gonna try to make a prediction. I'd like to see Tatum win because College Station looks like its square in the middle between Tatum and Cuero. But, I would like to see Sweetwater win so Cuero can show them what real speed looks like. (Because we all know that Cuero will win this week :thumbsup: ) ha ha just for that i say Go Hutto lol

vet93
12-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Didn't mean to hit below the belt (well except to poke a little fun at black magic). The point I was trying to make with him was that you could argue that Snyder's defense was superior to Gilmer's...but because Gilmer was so explosive offensively they won the game....that kind of shot BlackMagic's theory a little.

Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Come on....that's below the belt! :)

shadow13
12-09-2005, 07:34 PM
I have no clue what either team has so im not even gonna try to make a prediction. I'd like to see Tatum win because College Station looks like its square in the middle between Tatum and Cuero. But, I would like to see Sweetwater win so Cuero can show them what real speed looks like. (Because we all know that Cuero will win this week :thumbsup: ) I don't think Brandon James is playing football this year, he is the only 1 who really stood out last spring in the sprints.By the way has he turned 19 yet, I know he was supposed to graduate last year. It should be one heck of a year for him in track, Instead of running with his peers in college ,he will be running against 16 and 17yr. olds in high school.

sweetwater07
12-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
I don't think Brandon James is playing football this year, he is the only 1 who really stood out last spring in the sprints.By the way has he turned 19 yet, I know he was supposed to graduate last year. It should be one heck of a year for him in track, Instead of running with his peers in college ,he will be running against 16 and 17yr. olds in high school.

ouch!!

shadow13
12-09-2005, 07:58 PM
I have no clue what either team has so im not even gonna try to make a prediction. I'd like to see Tatum win because College Station looks like its square in the middle between Tatum and Cuero. But, I would like to see Sweetwater win so Cuero can show them what real speed looks like. (Because we all know that Cuero will win this week :thumbsup: ) Just a little history lesson: Sweetwater got 2nd in the 4*100 relay at state. Cuero 1st. brandon james won that race on the last leg. our other 3 runners where out in the lead ,they were all sophomores.

un b weavable
12-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Just a little history lesson: Sweetwater got 2nd in the 4*100 relay at state. Cuero 1st. brandon james won that race on the last leg. our other 3 runners where out in the lead ,they were all sophomores.

Congratulations dude, no one cares how fast four people can run. Besides, this topic has been brought up way too much already.

un b weavable
12-09-2005, 09:42 PM
I don't think Brandon James is playing football this year, he is the only 1 who really stood out last spring in the sprints.By the way has he turned 19 yet, I know he was supposed to graduate last year. It should be one heck of a year for him in track, Instead of running with his peers in college ,he will be running against 16 and 17yr. olds in high school.

Once again, who cares how fast a guy can run. And i don't know where you got information (maybe you know him personally :rolleyes: ), but as far as i know he's not 19. Even if he was, what does it matter? There are plenty of high school athletes that are 19.

shadow13
12-09-2005, 10:04 PM
Congratulations dude, no one cares how fast four people can run. Besides, this topic has been brought up way too much already. You're the one who was talking about Cuero showing Sweetwater want speed really is, I was just letting you know we are speed.

un b weavable
12-09-2005, 10:18 PM
It just seems to me like all yall have is four guys who are kinda fast, and if i remember correctly, they weren't as fast as Cuero's guys.

un b weavable
12-09-2005, 10:20 PM
It should be one heck of a year for him in track

I think this is the only thing we're gonna agree on.

shadow13
12-10-2005, 12:02 AM
I think this is the only thing we're gonna agree on. not faster than 1 guy the 19 yr. old college freshman ( supposed to be freshman)

un b weavable
12-10-2005, 12:09 AM
Oh, sorry dude, i didnt realize that you know brandon james and you how old he is. :rolleyes:

shadow13
12-10-2005, 12:15 AM
BRANDON AND MY SON, were both invited to the GREAT SOUTHWEST TRACK CLASSIC in ALBUQUERQUE after the STATE MEET , I just happened to see the roster for the TEXAS team, so I was curious how many underclassmen were invited so I checked out the birthdays of the athletes. ANYTHING ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW!

un b weavable
12-10-2005, 01:22 AM
I guess that'll shut me up on that matter, but what does it matter if he IS 19?

shadow13
12-10-2005, 08:42 AM
I guess that'll shut me up on that matter, but what does it matter if he IS 19? I'll let you figure that one out all by yourself

Rabbit'93
12-10-2005, 10:47 AM
wasn't this thread about swater and tatum?:confused: