PDA

View Full Version : Tatum vs. Cuero

sweetwater07
12-08-2005, 07:41 PM
i have heard from players and what not that tatum and cuero already have a place to play....and tatum did not bring scouts to our monahans game.......sounds a little cocky..!!

its getting boring so i figured that i would start a new thread where ppl could talk about what else.....but FOOTBALL!!

schu1213
12-08-2005, 07:46 PM
Well thats who we are playin next. Why wouldnt the set a date?:D

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 07:47 PM
I have heard explanations on both. Tatum is a long way from Midland. They exchanged three tapes apiece(Mustangs and Tatum).
Also all coaches plan ahead. I am sure coach Jackson has talked
to both Cuero and Hutto coaches. Just to make sure they can agree
before like a wednesday where to play.

Mr.Mustang
12-08-2005, 07:48 PM
It'd be kinda funny if Tatum does'nt make it to the championship game.:D

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
Well thats who we are playin next. Why wouldnt the set a date?:D

Tatum plays Sweetwater next. Then Tatum breaks out the
basketballs and high top sneakers. Cuero will do the same
after they lose the state championship on December 17th.

schu1213
12-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Man that is funny. Haha, and you think Sweetwater is going to beat Cuero?

sweetwater07
12-08-2005, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

don't get cocky and jinx us!!

Bullaholic
12-08-2005, 07:54 PM
It is a common practice for potential opposing coaches to pre-select game sites ahead of time before games are played in order to avoid a last-minute "scramble" which takes away from concentration on the next game. All of the coaches have already talked and agreed on "just-in-case" scenarios.

sweetwater07
12-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Man that is funny. Haha, and you think Sweetwater is going to beat Cuero?

being as cuero is the only team faster than us i would imagine that we would have the best chance to beat them...

schu1213
12-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Yeah i know, i really do hope it ends up being cuero and sweetwater. I think it would be a fun game to watch.

sweetwater07
12-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Yeah i know, i really do hope it ends up being cuero and sweetwater. I think it would be a fun game to watch.

for sure.....that would be a really really fast game!!

GreenMonster
12-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i have heard from players and what not that tatum and cuero already have a place to play....and tatum did not bring scouts to our monahans game.......sounds a little cocky..!!

its getting boring so i figured that i would start a new thread where ppl could talk about what else.....but FOOTBALL!!

Almost all potential playoff matchups have an agreement as to where they would play next week should those 2 teams move on. I would not be suprised if Sweetwater has had similar talks with Cuero and Hutto to try to determine a meeting site. This is done to secure a stadium of both sides agreement. It is a very common practice that few of us fans know about. It is just the business of HS football in this state.

sweetwater07
12-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Almost all potential playoff matchups have an agreement as to where they would play next week should those 2 teams move on. I would not be suprised if Sweetwater has had similar talks with Cuero and Hutto to try to determine a meeting site. This is done to secure a stadium of both sides agreement. It is a very common practice that few of us fans know about. It is just the business of HS football in this state.

well the thing is that jackson hasn't talked to either cuero or hutto....the hutto coach apparently called and told jackson that they haven't talked to anyone either......if this is true then tatum and cuero are pretty dang confident....but then again its just hearsay....don't crucify me anyone

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Not to mention, if you're gonna play for the title, you want to
play one of the best 3A teams of all-time(Cuero) right? Then,
nobody and I mean nobody can question it.

lostaussie
12-08-2005, 09:37 PM

its getting boring so i figured that i would start a new thread where ppl could talk about what else.....but FOOTBALL!! if you don't think sweetwaters coaches haven't talked to those schools you got another thing coming. it's just the way it works. now your coaches may be telling you that for alternative motives, but if they didn't call also, how would they have known. think about it:D

maroogreen
12-08-2005, 09:55 PM
ALL COACHES do this, it doesn't mean any one team is being dissed. It is necessary in order to be first on the list of your preferred neutral site should you win. Otherwise, you may meet up with your new opponent immediately following the game you win, haggle for an hour about what day and place to play, and then find out that the site you agreed upon is not available and you have to start over again. In fact, a team usually has their name on a list at the preferred site, a backup site, and occasionally a third site if the game date (Friday or Saturday) hasn't been decided. They may be second on the list at their preferred site (and waiting to see if the first person on the site list loses), first on the list at the back-up site (but can only play there on a Saturday) and first on the third site for a possible Friday game.

That's just how is works. I suppose coaches don't publicize the fact because it sounds cocky, but even coaches that don't think they have a chance in h-e-double hockey sticks will talk to the teams they could face in the next round.

jmcgee
12-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Good Luck tatum against hutto.:D

mustangsince87
12-09-2005, 10:04 AM
but sweetwater's gonna win so thy is this thread even on here :confused:

44INAROW
12-09-2005, 10:27 AM
i have heard from players and what not that tatum and cuero already have a place to play....

don't believe everything you hear (and only about half of what you see :D )

mustang68
12-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
It is a common practice for potential opposing coaches to pre-select game sites ahead of time before games are played in order to avoid a last-minute "scramble" which takes away from concentration on the next game. All of the coaches have already talked and agreed on "just-in-case" scenarios.

Sorry, you are wrong. Neither cuero nor tatum contacted Sweetwater or Hutto respectively.

chugbug
12-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Cuero-----Beware of the Hippos. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Their defense is better than you think it is.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

44INAROW
12-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by chugbug
Cuero-----Beware of the Hippos. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Their defense is better than you think it is.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

I would bet my next born child that Coach Reeve and the players are not taking the Hippo's lightly. :D :D They've seen the defense and know how good they are.. No doubt about that. :) :)

Tatum_Fan
12-09-2005, 11:11 AM
This thread is ridiculous!

Did you know.....

Last week at this time Canton/Sweetwater/Tatum/Monahans had already made the decision of where each game would be played depending on the scenerio - so, I guess SW and Tatum are both "cocky"

KingRob
12-09-2005, 06:12 PM
I'll break it to you as softly as possible...CUERO WILL BEAT HUTTO!!:D :cool:

wannabgobbler08
12-09-2005, 07:37 PM

YOUR WRONG, you just get ready to turn in yalls equipment on Monday morning.

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Surprise, but the state championship winner will be doing the same. :p

sweetwater07
12-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by wannabgobbler08
YOUR WRONG, you just get ready to turn in yalls equipment on Monday morning.

we'll see tomorrow night

GreenGobbla
12-09-2005, 08:35 PM
we'll see tomorrow night

you are right....we will see buddy....and even if yall do happen to get by tatum....its doubtful you will come out with a win at the state game...

gobblerfan02
12-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Dang, isn't this thread out a little too early? I thought we still had a GAME this week and an OPPONENT to defeat before we can go any further?