PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater vs. Abilene Wylie rivalry...

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 06:28 PM
The Mustangs practice at Wylie's indoor facilities during inclimate
weather. They have done this over the past few years. How
many programs out there have a classy rivalry similar to this?
For those of you that don't know Sweetwater is 41 miles west of
Abilene.

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 06:30 PM
wrong thread.

injuredinmelee
12-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Sandifer is a classy fella.

schu1213
12-08-2005, 07:37 PM
Cuero practices at Yoakums indoor facility.

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Sandifer is a classy fella.
Don't doubt that for a minute. We gotta goodin' in Jackson. How
long he stays here is a hot topic of rumors at the end of every
year. I hate that the Abilene Cooper job came open.

injuredinmelee
12-08-2005, 07:41 PM
jackson will be a hot commidty after tyhis seaon but wiht green and banyard comin back he isnt leaving this year.

sweetwater07
12-08-2005, 07:59 PM
tell you the truth injured, i doubt that either of them play next year....green will most likely not risk hurting himself for track next year and banyard is probably going to be not playing

injuredinmelee
12-08-2005, 08:12 PM
why the heck wouldnt they play??? They will be.

sweetwater07
12-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
why the heck wouldnt they play??? They will be.

skye= not getting hurt for track...what he will sign for......
banyard=might play for bigger school to get some recognition...dad lives in big spring...another candidate is midland lee

jmcgee
12-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
banyard=might play for bigger school to get some recognition...dad lives in big spring...another candidate is midland lee That wont happen

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 08:28 PM
banyard=might play for bigger school to get some recognition...dad lives in big spring...another candidate is midland lee
A case of a high school kid listening to rumors. Banyard is a JR..
If he moves he will have to sit out a year. Do the math. Why do
you think Thomas Holsey didn't get moved up to vasity when
Carillo got hurt? As far as Skye his future is in track. He is fast.
But, he is small, and we aren't talking about basketball and
spud webb. I wouldn't blame him for not playing next year. He
can get a full ride at any div. 1 school in track. Why risk it.

sweetwater07
12-08-2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

banyards dad lives in big spring....you can move with a direct relative...say mom or dad....but aunts uncles and g-parents are exceptions.........so thats why holsey didn't get moved up...he moved in with his aunt and uncle

jmcgee
12-08-2005, 08:31 PM
can get a full ride at any div. 1 school in track. Why risk it. Thats what I was thinking about Banyard but wasnt 100% sure.

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 08:36 PM
banyards dad lives in big spring....you can move with a direct relative...say mom or dad....but aunts uncles and g-parents are exceptions.........so thats why holsey didn't get moved up...he moved in with his aunt and uncle
If that is true. I apologize for the rumor thing. I know both
J.B. and T.H.'s family situation. I didn't know that relation mattered.

jmcgee
12-08-2005, 08:38 PM
banyard=might play for bigger school to get some recognition...dad lives in big spring...another candidate is midland lee Thats a big risk though whos to say they will give him a chance to play!

sweetwater07
12-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by jmcgee
Thats a big risk though whos to say they will give him a chance to play!

well lemme ask you this.....if you had a sorry taam and had banyard move there just to play would you start him????i know i sure would...especially after this seaon and his stats as a JUNIOR

jmcgee
12-08-2005, 08:45 PM
well lemme ask you this.....if you had a sorry taam and had banyard move there just to play would you start him????i know i sure would...especially after this seaon and his stats as a JUNIOR Who says lee And Big Springs have a sorry team both made the playoffs in 4a and 5a

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 08:45 PM
Big Spring was 4-8 last year. He won't have good stats if he can't
get out of the backfield.

jmcgee
12-08-2005, 08:47 PM
he can get as much recognition here as can at those other schools. Look at Tatum.

sweetwater07
12-08-2005, 08:49 PM
he can get as much recognition here as can at those other schools. Look at Tatum.

true true...but its not me making the decision and from when i have talke to him about it...he thinks4 and 5A getmore recognition from scouts than 3A......i want him to stay and he will probably end up staying anyways....so it doesn't matter

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Montgomery is a sophomore at TCU. Thompson is in New Mexico.
Carillo is at HSU. I am gonna say something that won't be popular.
There are rosters full kids on Texas' and A&M's roster that have
more athletic ability than J.B.. One thing that impresses me about him is his leadership abilities. He took the team over when Carillo went down and hasn't changed any when 15 came back. I think #3's talents would be better show-cased if we ran an "I" offense and put Skye at wing-back. But, Hunt does the wish-bone and Sweetwater knew that when they hired him. So, what can you do???

sweetwater07
12-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Montgomery is a sophomore at TCU. Thompson is in New Mexico.
Carillo is at HSU. I am gonna say something that won't be popular.
There are rosters full kids on Texas' and A&M's roster that have
more athletic ability than J.B.. One thing that impresses me about him is his leadership abilities. He took the team over when Carillo went down and hasn't changed any when 15 came back. I think #3's talents would be better show-cased if we ran an "I" offense and put Skye at wing-back. But, Hunt does the wish-bone and Sweetwater knew that when they hired him. So, what can you do???

well..i can see JB playing D1...he wants to go to texas but idk about that.....he may be able to go D1 but there is some stiff competition to go there

WestTXLonghorn
12-08-2005, 09:23 PM
From what I hear our coaches down ehre at Texas liked JB when he showed up for camp during the summer. However, he'd be sitting behind Jamaal Charles, Ramonce Taylor, and Henry Melton.

Plus, Texas always has good recruits are RB. We might be picking up Emanuel Moody and some others. . .top runners in the nation. So, JB would REALLY have to turn it on next year.

Whsdogs
12-08-2005, 09:37 PM

actually he will still be able to play...its if he moves around in the same class(3a)...i was at abilene high my freshmen year and didnt want to move cause i wouldnt be able to play ball..when i asked the admin about it they said i could play because its a defferent classification

WestTXLonghorn
12-08-2005, 10:50 PM
JB won't be leaving Sweetwater. Why would he? The only reason might be because he dislikes splitting time with Skye. Texas' main QB for after Vince is gone is Matt McCoy. . .a QB from Jim Ned. . .a 2A school. So, classification obviously doesn't matter much, talent does. I know he has family in BS, but he also has a lot of extended family in S'Water.

Also, Sweetwater has a shot at a state title this year. However, next year they have an even better chance considering all the people they get back.

jmcgee
12-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
JB won't be leaving Sweetwater. Why would he? The only reason might be because he dislikes splitting time with Skye. Texas' main QB for after Vince is gone is Matt McCoy. . .a QB from Jim Ned. . .a 2A school. So, classification obviously doesn't matter much, talent does. I know he has family in BS, but he also has a lot of extended family in S'Water.

Also, Sweetwater has a shot at a state title this year. However, next year they have an even better chance considering all the people they get back. A state title looks real good on a resume.

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 11:03 PM

Also, Sweetwater has a shot at a state title this year. However, next year they have an even better chance considering all the people they get back.
Thank you very much. We are losing our DE's and Safeties. Auston
and maybe Rufus will fill in fine. At safety we have JJ McCoy. His
brother started for the Redskins at FS for a couple of years then
moved to the Raiders.
We are losing our offensive line. That is nothing new. Coach
Jackson believes in playing kids when they are at their biggest
and strongest on the o-line. Other than that, we will be returning
the house next year. Oops! I almost forgot the part about having
two freshman on the starting defense. Guess who will be ranked
#1 in every respectable poll next year....

Adidas410s
12-08-2005, 11:28 PM

I think you mean Colt McCoy...and I seriously doubt he ever starts at Texas. They got a commit from Snead in Stephenville who is one of the top 5 QB prospects. Colt was the #2 QB that they got last year behind Perilloux who got way too cocky and bolted thinking he would be a true freshman starter only to find what life on the bench is like behind Russell...

Stownhorse
12-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Thank you very much. We are losing our DE's and Safeties. Auston
and maybe Rufus will fill in fine. At safety we have JJ McCoy. His
brother started for the Redskins at FS for a couple of years then
moved to the Raiders.
We are losing our offensive line. That is nothing new. Coach
Jackson believes in playing kids when they are at their biggest
and strongest on the o-line. Other than that, we will be returning
the house next year. Oops! I almost forgot the part about having
two freshman on the starting defense. Guess who will be ranked
#1 in every respectable poll next year....

Dang too bad you werent a coach.....Cuz you sound like you know it all..

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I think you mean Colt McCoy...and I seriously doubt he ever starts at Texas. They got a commit from Snead in Stephenville who is one of the top 5 QB prospects. Colt was the #2 QB that they got last year behind Perilloux who got way too cocky and bolted thinking he would be a true freshman starter only to find what life on the bench is like behind Russell...
That is crazy...we were at work talking about how long it would
take for Colt to go elsewhere..

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Dang too bad you werent a coach.....Cuz you sound like you know it all..

This is a case of not knowing if your serious or sarcastic. Which
is it?

Stownhorse
12-08-2005, 11:47 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
is it? [/QUOTE

Serious.....

Adidas410s
12-08-2005, 11:51 PM
That is crazy...we were at work talking about how long it would
take for Colt to go elsewhere..

hey HSU is always an option!!! :D

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 11:57 PM
is it? [/QUOTE

Serious.....

Stownhorse
12-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Dude, I was just giving my asessment of what I was feeling
about "our" mustangs. It has nothing to do with coaching ability.
I work at Ludlum Measurements and drive a '93 RED jeep that
belonged to Andrew Boatright. I work for his dad. If you have a
problem then ...there it is...

O so your wanting to fight Bro??and who cares about your '93 red jeep or ludlums measurements or Andrew Boatright....Im just saying that you sound like you know it all...

its_n_ D_water
12-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Yall need to chill...

Stownhorse
12-09-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by its_n_ D_water
Yall need to chill...

Thanks for the News Flash Captain Obvious...this is between me and SR.

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2005, 12:19 AM
O so your wanting to fight Bro??and who cares about your '93 red jeep or ludlums measurements or Andrew Boatright....Im just saying that you sound like you know it all...

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by its_n_ D_water
Yall need to chill...
Ditto....take a deep breath. :) Okay, go.

jmcgee
12-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Geeze This stuff is gettin old fast!!!!!!:mad:

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2005, 12:25 AM

WestTXLonghorn
12-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Actually, I thought his name was Colt mcCoy too. . .but they announced him as Matt when he got in to play against Colorado last week. Anyway. . .who cares. . .he's a 2A kid playing on a team going to the NC game.

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2005, 12:29 AM

jmcgee
12-09-2005, 12:29 AM
i know who it is. come on cant we all just get along. we're all from sweetwater come on that has to count for somethin.:cool:

Snyder_TigerFan
12-09-2005, 12:30 AM
What's up with all of this Sweetwater infighting? They all seem like they're fixing to explode. You guys are making Sweetwater look bad all by yourselves.

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2005, 12:33 AM

jmcgee
12-09-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
What's up with all of this Sweetwater infighting? They all seem like they're fixing to explode. You guys are making Sweetwater look bad all by yourselves. I think the world is coming to an end first some snyder fans are actually cheering for us. We are fighting more with each other than with people from snyder. And all the hurricanes and rediculous cold weather and suname and everything else. I think I'm goin to crawl under my desk now!:D

Adidas410s
12-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Actually, I thought his name was Colt mcCoy too. . .but they announced him as Matt when he got in to play against Colorado last week. Anyway. . .who cares. . .he's a 2A kid playing on a team going to the NC game.

if you kept up with things you would see that there is ALSO a Matt McCoy at Texas. He is a walk on, along with his twin brother, from a private school in Dallas.

Adidas410s
12-09-2005, 12:37 AM
I ain't going to kiss and make up. Read the thread...tell me where
I crossed the line and then ...

KIDS...BEDTIME!!!

Snyder_TigerFan
12-09-2005, 12:40 AM
if you kept up with things you would see that there is ALSO a Matt McCoy at Texas. He is a walk on, along with his twin brother, from a private school in Dallas.

LOL...and he claims to be a longhorn faithful!:D

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2005, 12:45 AM

WestTXLonghorn
12-09-2005, 01:03 AM

Then I'm guessing the announcer screwed up because I don't see how a walkon would get playing time over a recruit like Colt.

I really don't care either way because I graduate college this year. . .Vince is the QB this year AND he'll be the QB NEXT year. . .and ummmm, yeah.

I keep up with plenty. . .just not every single player that tries to play for my Horns.

And as far from some lady in Snyder questioning me being a Longhorn faithful. . .please. I've only made it to every home game for the past 4 years and only going back to Pasadena for the second time in 2 years. . .

Excuse me for being too busy getting myself graduated from college to keep up with every guy that tries to play for UT.:hand:

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2005, 01:05 AM

shadow13
12-09-2005, 02:00 AM
can get a full ride at any div. 1 school in track. Why risk it. Skye and Joseph ,both will be playing for the Mustangs next year, But if Joseph was going to move and play somewhere else he would not have to sit out ,because seniors can move and play right of way. Thomas could not move up because of being an underclassman

Adidas410s
12-09-2005, 05:47 AM
And as far from some lady in Snyder questioning me being a Longhorn faithful. . .please. I've only made it to every home game for the past 4 years and only going back to Pasadena for the second time in 2 years. . .

Excuse me for being too busy getting myself graduated from college to keep up with every guy that tries to play for UT.:hand:

And every day I keep moving away from being a Unviersity of Texas fan and move towards being a fan of UT sports. Now it's back to deciding what other grad schools I want to consider because as much as I used to like UT and plan to go there...it's people and atmosphere just aren't for me.

3afan
12-09-2005, 06:00 AM
...because as much as I used to like UT and plan to go there...it's people and atmosphere just aren't for me.

hopefully you are not judging that just from 3ADL posters .....

Snyder_TigerFan
12-09-2005, 07:43 AM
And every day I keep moving away from being a Unviersity of Texas fan and move towards being a fan of UT sports. Now it's back to deciding what other grad schools I want to consider because as much as I used to like UT and plan to go there...it's people and atmosphere just aren't for me.

...ya, he rubbs me the wrong way too. But, I'm with 3afan, you shouldn't let someone's arrogance get in the way of a decision like that.

And as far from some lady in Snyder questioning me being a Longhorn faithful. . .please.

I'm not a woman....100% male, dude, father, gentleman, guy, whatever, but not a female.

jmcgee
12-09-2005, 07:52 AM
Good morning everyone.

Whsdogs
12-09-2005, 09:42 AM
Then I'm guessing the announcer screwed up because I don't see how a walkon would get playing time over a recruit like Colt.

I really don't care either way because I graduate college this year. . .Vince is the QB this year AND he'll be the QB NEXT year. . .and ummmm, yeah.

I keep up with plenty. . .just not every single player that tries to play for my Horns.

just fyi the announcer didnt mess up cause they were sayin how crazy it was to have 2 mccoy bothers playing and another back up qb in colt mccoy

WestTXLonghorn
12-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Please don't come down to Austin then. Stick to Tx Tech where you belong.

We're too open minded and progressive for most folks, which is fine. We're also too hard to get into for most folks because we excel at everything we do.

You Wylie posters seem to get your panties ina bunch over little stuff. . .Austin definitely isn't for you then.

Do yourself a favor. . .don't expand your mind. . .stay in West Tx!

its_n_ D_water
12-09-2005, 11:11 AM
I represent the Sweetwater Mustangs. I will not be slammed
by other Sweetwater fans. I work with and talk to Auston's
step dad, Bull's dad, Duone's brother, Justin's aunt, etc. on a
daily basis. That is where I come up with my assessment of "our"
team. Do I wanna fight? that's up to you. I told you where you
can find me.
Your are representing sweetwater by acting like a fool....we dont care who you work with.....have some class...geez:hand:

Whsdogs
12-09-2005, 11:13 AM

We're too open minded and progressive for most folks, which is fine. We're also too hard to get into for most folks because we excel at everything we do.

You Wylie posters seem to get your panties ina bunch over little stuff. . .Austin definitely isn't for you then.

you serious?? just because u were wrong about who your own players you try and bash wylie posters?? why dont you get your stuff straight before you open then mouth and get yourself in trouble again...you are really an ignorant individual

sweetwater07
12-09-2005, 11:19 AM
is it? [/QUOTE

Serious.....

C- shut up or your not riding with me to the game.....your making us sweetwater posters look like idiots!!!

jmcgee
12-09-2005, 11:21 AM
NOOOOO Not again. Thought a good night of sleep would stop all of this bashing of each other.

Whsdogs
12-09-2005, 11:25 AM
NOOOOO Not again. Thought a good night of sleep would stop all of this bashing of each other.

hahahahahaah..fight! fight! fight! jk..cant we all just get along...except the wylie basher up there

WestTXLonghorn
12-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
you serious?? just because u were wrong about who your own players you try and bash wylie posters?? why dont you get your stuff straight before you open then mouth and get yourself in trouble again...you are really an ignorant individual

Yes. . ."I serious" (are you a transplant from the Bayou or do you just have horrible grammar like most everyone else?)

You're right. I didn't know that two guys named Matt and Mark McCoy walked-on from a private school. I understandably mistook one of them for our future QB Colt McCoy. As usual, some edited from Wylie wanted to be a edited and try and correct me while being a jerk at the same time. Then a Snyder fan jumps in, surprise surprise. So, I apologize for not having my team's roster memorized forwards and backwards and give reasons for why that is so. Then the same Wylie folks want to say how they don't want to come to UT anymore people the people just aren't nice. . .etc.

Seriously. . .I could give a flying rat's edited I'd be surprised if our Wylie friend is even smart enough to be accepted to UT. Second, even if he was, he's obviously not a matured enough individual to attend if he bases decisions on places and/or organizations on what is said on a message board. End of story.

P.S. HE STARTED IT!!!!:p

S-WtrMustangFan
12-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by shadow13
Skye and Joseph ,both will be playing for the Mustangs next year, But if Joseph was going to move and play somewhere else he would not have to sit out ,because seniors can move and play right of way. Thomas could not move up because of being an underclassman I hear ya brother Marv !!!!!!

Whsdogs
12-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Yes. . ."I serious" (are you a transplant from the Bayou or do you just have horrible grammar like most everyone else?)

You're right. I didn't know that two guys named Matt and Mark McCoy walked-on from a private school. I understandably mistook one of them for our future QB Colt McCoy. As usual, some *edited* from Wylie wanted to be a *edited* and try and correct me while being a jerk at the same time. Then a Snyder fan jumps in, surprise surprise. So, I apologize for not having my team's roster memorized forwards and backwards and give reasons for why that is so. Then the same Wylie folks want to say how they don't want to come to UT anymore people the people just aren't nice. . .etc.

Seriously. . .I could give a flying rat's *edited*. I'd be surprised if our Wylie friend is even smart enough to be accepted to UT. Second, even if he was, he's obviously not a matured enough individual to attend if he bases decisions on places and/or organizations on what is said on a message board. End of story.

P.S. HE STARTED IT!!!!:p

lol i bet i could make it there...and i was just informing you and so was adidas and you blew up...sorry us west texas people are good enough for you...i actually like austin because duh duh duh i was born and lived there haha good one though buddy

ps..you started it gah:hand:

WestTXLonghorn
12-09-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm glad you think you could. UT now turns away over 85% of the people that apply. Partly because they are trying to make the campus more "diverse" by picking up more minorities, and partly because we have way too many folks and they are trying to cut down on enrollment. The other reason is that we're getting a lot of national recognition for academic excellence. I think the average SAT score for entry is up to 1350+.

Go to Tech. . .they accept everyone there. It's a real fun place! Tumbleweeds. . .cold. . .more tumbleweeds.

And I never said West Tx folks weren't good enough. . .just Wylie West Tx folks!:p

Whsdogs
12-09-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm glad you think you could. UT now turns away over 85% of the people that apply. Partly because they are trying to make the campus more "diverse" by picking up more minorities, and partly because we have way too many folks and they are trying to cut down on enrollment. The other reason is that we're getting a lot of national recognition for academic excellence. I think the average SAT score for entry is up to 1350+.

Go to Tech. . .they accept everyone there. It's a real fun place! Tumbleweeds. . .cold. . .more tumbleweeds.

And I never said West Tx folks weren't good enough. . .just Wylie West Tx folks!:p

haha thats funny...thats why like half my class went to texas and has better than a 1350...i attend angelo state cause im not rich and cant afford expensive schools

STANG RED
12-09-2005, 11:52 AM
I just logged on a few minutes ago, started reading this thread, got completely embarrassed, and was compelled to say something. As an ADULT from Sweetwater, I am very disturbed by what I been reading! Please boys, take this crap to the PMs.
Sincere apologies to all non Sweetwater folks on here! What can I say, they are young and full of testosterone. They will get over it, all too soon.

S-WtrMustangFan
12-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I just logged on a few minutes ago, started reading this thread, got completely embarrassed, and was compelled to say something. As an ADULT from Sweetwater, I am very disturbed by what I been reading! Please boys, take this crap to the PMs.
Sincere apologies to all non Sweetwater folks on here! What can I say, they are young and full of testosterone. They will get over it, all too soon. Testosterone i don't think thats what their full of.lol

Whsdogs
12-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by S-WtrMustangFan
Testosterone i don't think thats what their full of.lol

nope..matter of fact...bathroom break:p ..

actually i have class now almost finals time and imstressin..catch yall later!

Sweetwater Red
12-09-2005, 12:00 PM
I deleted what I could. That's what I get
for getting on a message board after
having to deal with the ex-wife and
consuming 12 B-lites to try to forget
about it.

STANG RED
12-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by S-WtrMustangFan
Testosterone i don't think thats what their full of.lol
WELL, MAYBE ONLY 1/2 TESTOSTERONE. 1/2, YOU KNOW!

jmcgee
12-09-2005, 12:02 PM
WELL, MAYBE ONLY 1/2 TESTOSTERONE. 1/2, YOU KNOW! I think 100% of you know what!:D :D

STANG RED
12-09-2005, 12:04 PM
I think 100% of you know what!:D :D
No, at that age, I think I was about 1/2 & 1/2. It's probably still about the same.

Stownhorse
12-09-2005, 12:05 PM
haha this is rediculous.....yall all blew my post out of proportion

jmcgee
12-09-2005, 12:05 PM
No, at that age, I think I was about 1/2 & 1/2. It's probably still about the same. No I know some of the kids that post on here. May be 10% and 90% of you know what. But no less.:D

Stownhorse
12-09-2005, 12:07 PM
And as for you Master- go climb a tree lol!....hope you dont take that the wrong way like other ppl do...

mrescape43
12-09-2005, 12:08 PM

The coaching staff didn't want to pull Colt's redshirt for this year.
That is why Matt played. Hey, it could have been that he is a better QB. lol

jmcgee
12-09-2005, 12:09 PM
And as for you Master- go climb a tree lol!....hope you dont take that the wrong way like other ppl do... Whos the Master!:D

STANG RED
12-09-2005, 12:11 PM
haha this is rediculous.....yall all blew my post out of proportion
Take it easy Stownhorse. It's a beautiful day. A little cold maybe, but still beautiful. Go out and enjoy some of it, and chill a little.

Adidas410s
12-09-2005, 12:20 PM

Again...for being the "open minded, progressive" individual that you are, I would love to think you would actually have a LITTLE bit of information before you opened your mouth.

For starters, I would consider UT for GRADUATE school, notice I didn't say undergrad when 8-10K kids get in...but GRAD school! To get into a top 10 MBA program you have to have a fairly impressive resume not to mention a strong GPA. Then again, I'm sure you know that.

Second, I am not basing my thoughts on a university solely on this yayhoo over here. He is just another step in my progression towards not caring for the "stigma" that is carried by a lot of people that are students/alums...my lovely sister-in-law being a huge exception. I'm not going to sit here and get into the name calling because I find it rather childish and quite frankly I am running on 4+ hours sleep and about to head back to bed. I just wanted to get my thoughts in before this thread gets closed for somebody spouting off a little too much. For as much editing as I saw LHPM has already done this morning, I'm surprised that I even have a chance to reply to this thread.

So you know, I was considering UT, A&M, Virginia (if I go JD instead of MBA), and possibly University of Ohio if I decide to get a dual Masters Sports Admin and JD at the same time. Not a big school but is the #1 program in the country for those wanting to get into front offices of professional teams...Ivy leagues and their connections set aside. So keep up the bickering...if nothing else I find it amusing to listen to the "elite" of our state continually bestow their profound intellectual and social skills amongst the "common folk!" :D

PS...has this smilie always been in there >>>:cool:

injuredinmelee
12-09-2005, 12:50 PM
hey HSU is always an option!!! :D

ACU where daddy played.

WTF-82
12-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Read something about Thomas Holsey earlier. Just want to say
some of the Sophs on the Sweetwater team I coached when I lived in Sweetwater 98-98 they were awesome Thomas Holsey was my QB this kid was unbelievable others were Ausin Davis, Keneth Acorn, Maurice Rosas, JJ McCoy, it was a lot of fun and other kids I can not remember at the moment, but they made it a lot of fun coaching them. Believe that one a Monahans ex coaching in Sweetwater for fun, it happened and I had a blast doing it. I remember Holsey and Davis and that young age were just full of talent. And Holsey had the HEART OF A LION at this young age 9-10 at the time.

swaterfan
12-09-2005, 04:34 PM

OKAY PRINCESS.....believe what you want...open minded...progressive....is that a nice way of sayin HOMO?

Snyder_TigerFan
12-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by swaterfan
OKAY PRINCESS.....believe what you want...open minded...progressive....is that a nice way of sayin HOMO?

:eek: :D :D Lol

WestTXLonghorn
12-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
haha thats funny...thats why like half my class went to texas and has better than a 1350...i attend angelo state cause im not rich and cant afford expensive schools

Umm. . .if you're poor and smart they have this thing called scholarships.

It's ok if you aren't up to UT's level. Not many are.;)

I Bleed Red08
12-09-2005, 05:49 PM
well then how did you get in

WestTXLonghorn
12-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by swaterfan

It's ok that you've never ran into anyone that didn't attend church 3 times a week, then go get drunk at the bar, and then go back to working on the farm. Yes, there are g@y people in Austin. Yes, there are also g@y people in Lubbock. Being progressive means that, while you may not believe in their lifestyle, you understand that they're people too. Adidas was right. . .you ARE the common folk. Are you going to be attending a lynching as well later after you ridicule some more "HOMOS"?

This is the reason why Tech will always be the bottom of the well when it comes to Texas.

Also, Adidas. . .if you aren't man enough to take a little heat and are worried about a "stigma" then by all means, stay away from UT. The stigma is undeserved just as is TAMU's for having sexual relations with farm animals. The super liberal element here at UT is fairly small. . .just, like most liberals, really outspoken. The only difference is we believe in freedom of speech!

Whsdogs
12-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Umm. . .if you're poor and smart they have this thing called scholarships.

It's ok if you aren't up to UT's level. Not many are.;)

i never said i was smart enough for a scholarship...who are you to degrade me because im not to the UT standards...you my friend are self centered and narrow minded...truly proved your self with that ignorant comment

Whsdogs
12-09-2005, 08:02 PM
It's ok that you've never ran into anyone that didn't attend church 3 times a week, then go get drunk at the bar, and then go back to working on the farm. Yes, there are g@y people in Austin. Yes, there are also g@y people in Lubbock. Being progressive means that, while you may not believe in their lifestyle, you understand that they're people too. Adidas was right. . .you ARE the common folk. Are you going to be attending a lynching as well later after you ridicule some more "HOMOS"?

This is the reason why Tech will always be the bottom of the well when it comes to Texas.

Also, Adidas. . .if you aren't man enough to take a little heat and are worried about a "stigma" then by all means, stay away from UT. The stigma is undeserved just as is TAMU's for having sexual relations with farm animals. The super liberal element here at UT is fairly small. . .just, like most liberals, really outspoken. The only difference is we believe in freedom of speech!

one after another huh??

Adidas410s
12-09-2005, 08:06 PM

Hmm...I think UT having a stigma as "liberal, snotty, and arrogant" is a little more realistic than A&M having any "stigma" for having sex with animals. I love this guy...I try to actually have a discussion with him and that was the best thing you could come up with in response?

FYI...when a school has 35,000+ undergrads...there is VERY LITTLE that is ELITE about Texas. A true "elite" school is accepting less than 20% of the students. An elite school school doesn't accept 10,000 kids every year because they want to remain above others for the "privliged" feel that you get at a small, private school that you can never get at a big state school. Then again...you being the wise man here you must know this! :nerd:

LH Panther Mom
12-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Good gosh! What in the heck does a Sweetwater vs Abilene Wylie thread have to do with bashing of colleges or putting down others because they don't attend a certain college? :rolleyes: Get back to the original topic or it will be closed again.

I Bleed Red08
12-09-2005, 11:26 PM
Yes, there are g@y people in Austin.
Are you going to be attending a lynching as well later after you ridicule some more "HOMOS"?

hmm ok well the phrases i took out of your quote make you sound pretty homo to me. I saw a shirt with the saying " keep austin wierd" and on the back it had two guys holding hands. i got a good laugh out of it. the only reason i would like Texas for any reason is that one of my friends is going to texas.