PDA

View Full Version : sweetwaters #1 fan

DU_stud04
12-08-2005, 03:12 PM
this is a post from my brother in missouri, for some reason his name hasnt been cleared for the downlow yet..... anyways....

As long as I can remember my dad has loved sports; football, baseball, basketball (it did not matter as long as it was a sport. I use to make fun of him for being so crazed, I did not appreciate his passion or realize that this would affect me or my view on sports. I am thankful that he did take the time to be there and show me what Texas Football is all about. My dad's taught me to be loyal and thankful for where I'm from.

My dad is probably the number 1 Sweetwater Mustang fan. For as long as I can remember my dad has had season tickets at Mustang Bowl (50 yard line, about 6 rows up, same seats for 25 years now). He's traveled to support the Stangs no matter when or where they've played. I was probably 3 or 4 when he started taking me to games with him, and I can remember going to playoff games and loving it. The atmosphere was amazing and we would talk football all the way there and home. I can remember being in first grade when Sweetwater won state and sitting in the stands with him at Amon Carter Stadium. He's stood there at each game yelling and supporting the team year after year, coach after coach, and has seen a lot of flags added to the north end zone of the bowl.

My dad mailed me a copy of the Sweetwater/Snyder game and during halftime the camera zoomed in on the Sweetwater crowd. I wondered if I could make out where my parents were sitting. Sure enough, the camera paused on them for about 20 seconds while the Mustang fight song was playing. It brought a tear to my eye because I knew where he'd be and there they were.

When it comes to football and Sweetwater, that's pretty much what life is about. It's something special to be a Sweetwater Mustang, to wear the red and white, to know that you are part of something amazing and bigger than you. All year long you cannot wait until next season. It still kills me that I didn't play football my senior season, the biggest mistake I've ever made. I've been lucky and have been given so many amazing memories, and now I have a few more. I was home for Thanksgiving and was able to go to the Sweetwater/Iowa Park game and it was one of the best games I've ever been to. High School football is not that big up here in Missouri and Sweetwater could beat probably all of the 4A and 5A schools here. My brother and I have both graduated from HS and have moved away, but my dad still is at every game. It doesn't matter to him if he has a son on the team or not, he loves the Mustangs.

I just got off of the phone with my mom and found out that my dad was not going to be able to go to this weekend's Sweetwater/Tatum game because he has to work until 3pm and he was not sure if he would make it from Sweetwater to Texas Stadium in time (my brother and I always joked that the team wouldn't know what to do if he didn't get there before them to watch them get off of the bus). So my dad is going to fly out of Abilene at 4:30 Saturday after he gets off of work and land in Dallas at 5:15. My brother lives in Arlington (goes to UTA), and is going to pick him up and go to the game (because God knows he has to be there before kickoff). If that is not the measure of a true fan, I don't know what is.

I haven't said his name because my dad is a humble man and doesn't like much attention brought his way, but for those of you that go to the games and love Mustang Football, you know who he is. Say hi to him for me if you see him and SIC'EM STANGS!

WitchyWoman
12-08-2005, 03:52 PM
That wz absolutely the sweetest thing I have ever read.

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/heartsign.gif

AP Panther Fan
12-08-2005, 04:08 PM
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: Me too!!

WitchyWoman
12-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: Me too!!

LOL U MEANIE!!! BAD BOY AP, BAD

AP Panther Fan
12-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by WitchyWoman
LOL U MEANIE!!! BAD BOY AP, BAD

LOL...I was being serious and I am female...if you wanna say "bad girl" I might be inclined to agree with you!;)

WitchyWoman
12-08-2005, 04:55 PM
ROFLMBO............ SORRY ! OK GO U BAD BAD GURRLLLL!!!

AP Panther Fan
12-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by WitchyWoman
OK GO U BAD BAD GURRLLLL!!!

Okay, now where was I, oh yeah :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

j/k:D That was a very nice letter though!

STANG RED
12-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
If that is not the measure of a true fan, I don't know what is.

I haven't said his name because my dad is a humble man and doesn't like much attention brought his way, but for those of you that go to the games and love Mustang Football, you know who he is. Say hi to him for me if you see him and SIC'EM STANGS! [/B]

If he needs a ride home after the game, just let me know. We have more than enough room, and I would be honored for him to ride back to Sweetwater with us.

DaHop72
12-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
If he needs a ride home after the game, just let me know. We have more than enough room, and I would be honored for him to ride back to Sweetwater with us.
I'm with you Stang Red, if I was going to get to go, that man wouldn't have to take a plane back.

TheDOCTORdre
12-08-2005, 05:38 PM
I love this guy man, I remember back in the day when I was in Jr high I would ride with him to the out of town games when I needed a ride, he is a true mustang fan

STANG RED
12-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I'm with you Stang Red, if I was going to get to go, that man wouldn't have to take a plane back.
Why cant ya go Hop? You can go with me & pam.

sweetwater07
12-08-2005, 07:36 PM
this guy is a true fan...as far for high school fans.....i am definately numero uno......at least thats what the players have labeled me.......i haven't missed a game and got fired because i was going to have to miss one but NO....who needs a job anyways...lol......props to this guy though..a true fan!!

DU_stud04
12-08-2005, 10:49 PM
ttt

S-WtrMustangFan
12-09-2005, 02:37 AM
Its great growing up with a dad thats a Mustang fan.My dad passed away in 1999 he loved watching the Mustangs play.He came across some red & white checkered pants from somewhere not really sure where.When the Mustangs won state in 1985 he wore those pants to every playoff game and the state championship.When the Mustangs made the playoffs this year i asked my mom if she happened to know where those pants was.Well 20yrs. later im carrying on the tradition.I remember my sister was embarased and would try to avoid him at the games.Now my daughters are the embarased ones.Go Mustangs !!!! Spread The Red !!!!!

Tweeder215
12-09-2005, 03:00 AM
I think that is awesome. I've seen you at almost every game and am thankful that we still have a few die hard fans left.

S-WtrMustangFan
12-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
I think that is awesome. I've seen you at almost every game and am thankful that we still have a few die hard fans left. Thank you !!! Im pumped i hope everybody gets into this game.

DU_stud04
12-10-2005, 12:05 AM
cant wait till tomarrow, hoping for a great game, hope to see you all there!