PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star Recruiting's Top 100 (2007)

sicem74
12-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Im sure many of yall have seen this but some may not here it is.
http://texas.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1330

GWOOD
12-08-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm seeing nine from 3A:

#12 Kinne, Canton
#13 Moye, Jasper
#16 Evans, Cameron Yoe
#20 Sturns, Rusk
#30 Thomas, W-OS
#37 Creer, Tatum
#47 Brown, Gilmer
#68 Franks, W-OS
#93 Flannel, West Columbia

Am I missing anyone?

hsfootballrules
12-08-2005, 04:31 PM
yes Terrance Tolliver from Hempstead

c-town_balla
12-08-2005, 04:36 PM
yeah Evans is 2006 not 2007

sicem74
12-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
yeah Evans is 2006 not 2007
dang ruin it all lol jk

GS#17
12-08-2005, 07:59 PM
This one's for RB (I hope he doesn't cry too much when he reads it):

Am I missing anyone?

Yes, all the BH players who must certainly be on there... :D

In all seriousness, Earl Thomas and Jacoby Franks from WOS are excellent players with a lot of talent and they come from great families. Those are definitely two people with great potential, both on and off the field.

whtfbplaya
12-08-2005, 08:11 PM
I have seen 10 of them play. I don't understand why people give these types of list so much credibility? How do they arrive at this, #35 might be a great ol man, but the fact is the biggest DL man he blocked this year was 220 and on an average week he was going up against a guy well under 200 pounds?

Hupernikomen
12-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
This one's for RB (I hope he doesn't cry too much when he reads it):

Yes, all the BH players who must certainly be on there... :D

In all seriousness, Earl Thomas and Jacoby Franks from WOS are excellent players with a lot of talent and they come from great families. Those are definitely two people with great potential, both on and off the field.

Both are very good. Franks is the big WR right? I think he has the potential to be very good. Thomas kind of was in the shadow of Beasley this year, but I bet Hooks builds the offense around him next year. This is why I was asking if they would scrap the spread..or do they have a capable qb in the wings to run it?

wos fan1
12-08-2005, 09:43 PM
Going to be an exciting season next year watching Thomas.

gtownpoke
12-08-2005, 09:48 PM
I am really wanting to see the updated list. Dominique Buchanan from Gilmer should at least be towards the bottom of the list and Gilbert Moye from Jasper transfered to Diboll and was ineligible this season

GS#17
12-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Both are very good. Franks is the big WR right? I think he has the potential to be very good. Thomas kind of was in the shadow of Beasley this year, but I bet Hooks builds the offense around him next year. This is why I was asking if they would scrap the spread..or do they have a capable qb in the wings to run it?

Franks was #3 -- I'm not sure if you're thinking of him or #19, LaDarius White, a senior who is about 6'3 and has verbally committed to UH. Franks is about 6' tall and is the brother of A&M WR Kerry Franks, Jr. Jacoby comes from a family of talented football players, and he has great hands. He made some great plays this year, and I expect him to have another very strong season in 06.

I wouldn't be surprised if WOS moves to a more conventional offense, but they do have a few options. A JV kid is coming up who's supposed to be Beasley-like, but the back-up varsity QB, Andre Bevil, has a tremendous arm and got a lot of time as the 7-on-7 QB last summer. It'll be interesting to see what they choose to do. If they go to a spread, I think we'll see much of what we saw toward the end of this year -- Earl will split time at RB with DePauldrick Garrett (#24), but will also be at WR and will be starting at DB. I don't know if they'll build an offense around Earl, but one thing is sure: he is just a great athlete and no matter how he's utilized, he'll make an impact.

cowboyfan8
12-09-2005, 11:29 AM
I hope Evans goes where he can play, OU is a great program but aTm needs any help they can get. I think better chance to play early w/ the aggies. OU normally loaded w/ WR's. Good luck Derrick!

CenTexSports
12-09-2005, 11:41 AM
If Evans plays next year, it will be at a Junior College somewhere. I belive he could eventually make it to DI but not next year.

GATAPride77
12-09-2005, 12:18 PM
#35 Rex McDougal from 1A Iola was a RB and LB. He is projected as a OL in college. Big kid with a mean streak but you're correct has not blocked anyone yet.

hsfootballrules
12-09-2005, 12:26 PM
BH has a WR that I think should be on the list 6'3 and had close to 1000 yds receiveing. He was also the district mvp. It was his first year to ever play the position. I saw the wo-s kids play and they are very worthy of there spot on the list but I think this kids is just as good as Franks and Thomas.

BigTexasSports
12-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Sturns from Rusk is a great athlete, I can't believe they have Moye still listed that high, he didn't even play this year, and may not have a place to play next year!

GS#17
12-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Actually, Moye played almost half the regular season. He is certainly talented and has a tremendous amount of potential. I don't see why he won't have a place to play next year.

Hupernikomen
12-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by hsfootballrules
BH has a WR that I think should be on the list 6'3 and had close to 1000 yds receiveing. He was also the district mvp. It was his first year to ever play the position. I saw the wo-s kids play and they are very worthy of there spot on the list but I think this kids is just as good as Franks and Thomas.

Mason Fisher is a tremendous athlete. He certainly is one of the best I saw play this year.

Hupernikomen
12-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by BigTexasSports
Sturns from Rusk is a great athlete, I can't believe they have Moye still listed that high, he didn't even play this year, and may not have a place to play next year!

That list might have been from earlier in the year. Either way Moye comes with a lot of hype and potential, and he has shown his ability in the 2+ years he has already played on the varsity level.

I bet he will reestablish himself as a premiere athlete again next year once he takes the field.

BlueBlood
12-09-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by hsfootballrules

Who you kidding? You have to be for wos to get on that list don't you?

WOS92
12-09-2005, 02:13 PM
I guess whoever made this list didn't hear that Beasley was our only good player this year. :D

wos fan1
12-09-2005, 02:14 PM
There's a few more to come!! :D

sicem74
12-09-2005, 07:09 PM
tolliver is overrated

Jody
12-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by WOS92
I guess whoever made this list didn't hear that Beasley was our only good player this year. :D

I think that alone give this list very little credit. I am glad to see the RB from Dickenson on there, as well as the lineman from Vidor. Nice to see two schools with lesser records have some recognition.

Mason Fisher with BH is an awsome player, at whatever position he plays. It is very possible he may have to play QB next year and will not get the receiver option. I hope he get's to play where he wants and there is someone that can produce at QB. We really need a GREAT RB to help the QB situation.

gtownpoke
12-09-2005, 07:19 PM
I could be wrong but Im pretty sure Rivals made that list

setex
12-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by WOS92

Beasley is a great player, ie.UT, but #30 Earl Thomas

Originally posted by GWOOD
I'm seeing nine from 3A:

#12 Kinne, Canton
#13 Moye, Jasper
#16 Evans, Cameron Yoe
#20 Sturns, Rusk
#30 Thomas, W-OS
#37 Creer, Tatum
#47 Brown, Gilmer
#68 Franks, W-OS
#93 Flannel, West Columbia

was more clutch down the stretch.

wos fan1
12-09-2005, 07:32 PM
He's going to be something else next year!! May even be moved to QB!!

KL3
12-09-2005, 07:57 PM
That list is from Geoff Ketchum of the Texas Rivals site. He just released it sometime this past week. I agree that it is very hard to make a list this early, he has probably only seen a handful of his "top 100".

Terrance Tolliver from Hempstead at #4 is pretty dang impressive. I know Texas A&M offered him this past week.

Crimestick
12-09-2005, 08:11 PM
I was being sarcastic :)
Earl Thomas certainly is a Top 40 player in Texas, and it IS a Rivals.com list. He was as instrumental as Beasley in getting us down the stretch.