school enrollments listed for 06-08.
He has says that current 4A Andrews
reported 902 students and 3A Abilene
Wylie reported 916 students.
The last cut-off was : 4A-900 to 1924
3A- 399 to 899

One of them is moving classifications. I
hope it is Andrews moving down to 3A.
Even if Andrews does drop to 3A, they are gonna have to really get things turned around up there. Every 3A team they played last year, beat them like a drum! I cant believe how far down that program has fallen, in such a short amount of time.
But, I dont think the good folks of Andrews will put up with that for much longer. They were too good for too many years, to stay down for much longer.

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Even if Andrews does drop to 3A, they are gonna have to really get things turned around up there. Every 3A team they played last year, beat them like a drum! I cant believe how far down that program has fallen, in such a short amount of time.
But, I dont think the good folks of Andrews will put up with that for much longer. They were too good for too many years, to stay down for much longer.

How long has Sprinsgton been coach?
I was a freshman in '85. Stapler left and took his coaches with him. After W.T. left Andrews,Lebby was the HC, I left Sweetwater for 6 years('93) to work with a company along
the gulf coast. I come back and Blaine is the head coach at Andrews. Kinda crazy how many coaches that were under Stapler and Ritchey moved on to HC themselves.

STANG RED
12-08-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
How long has Sprinsgton been coach?
I was a freshman in '85. Stapler left and took his coaches with him. After W.T. left Andrews,Lebby was the HC, I left Sweetwater for 6 years('93) to work with a company along
the gulf coast. I come back and Blaine is the head coach at Andrews. Kinda crazy how many coaches that were under Stapler and Ritchey moved on to HC themselves.
I dont know, but if he is still there after this year, they will have no one to blame but themselves for their lack of success.

donjuan
12-08-2005, 05:45 PM
They brought in a lot of young bucks as coaches when Springston got the job and when Lebby and some really good coaches left a few years ago. I think they have run out of talent too.

Johnny Utah
12-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Good young coaching staff, down on talent for sure. Heaven forbid that Sweetwater ever runs out of talent, probably would be the coaches fault any way!!!

Sweetwater Red
12-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Behave boy! Or I'll kick you in the knee and sentence you to
have to play the Sweetwater Mustangs every week for ten
weeks. Oh, wait Andrews would go 0-10 and our starters would
see a combined 10 first halves of football for the entire
regular season. That wouldn't work. Nevermind.