PDA

View Full Version : According to weather.com

District303aPastPlayer
12-08-2005, 10:30 AM
when i type in sintons zip code, 78387, it tells me its 30 degrees with a wind chill of 18... someone else try this just to be sure my computer isnt flipping out on me...

spiveyrat
12-08-2005, 10:45 AM
It was worse earlier this morning...

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/uschill.gif

District303aPastPlayer
12-08-2005, 10:45 AM
my computer isnt trippin out, it really is that cold down here. . . our temp has dropped 30 degrees in 24 hours :)

spiveyrat
12-08-2005, 10:47 AM
At least your wind-chills are still above 0. ;)

Hannibal
12-08-2005, 11:03 AM
My brother went on vacation to MONTANA, yesterday. I told him he was nuts. He is about an hour from Yellowstone and I heard on the radio this morning that western Yellowstone reported in at -46.

That South Texas boy is going to find out what cold really is.

District303aPastPlayer
12-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Hannibal
My brother went on vacation to MONTANA, yesterday. I told him he was nuts. He is about an hour from Yellowstone and I heard on the radio this morning that western Yellowstone reported in at -46.

That South Texas boy is going to find out what cold really is.

this guy went into my line at work yesterday and told me when he was in the military they were building bridges in all types of weather... and that the lowest temp he was ever outside in was about 50 below, i was just like... WOW...

Hannibal
12-08-2005, 11:48 AM
As cold as it is, I'm beginning to think it is HS baseball weather. Lord knows I have frozen at enough of them and will freeze at countless more this season and seasons to come.

AP Panther Fan
12-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Hannibal
As cold as it is, I'm beginning to think it is HS baseball weather. Lord knows I have frozen at enough of them and will freeze at countless more this season and seasons to come.

I know the feeling well! At least you had the dug-out to protect you! ;) :D

They can't sell enough hot chocolate at those games!

Whsdogs
12-08-2005, 12:08 PM
my weatherbug on my computer said 0 degrees when i woke up this morning in san angelo...it is freezing out there

it'll be 85 in a few days though lol :D

spiveyrat
12-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I know the feeling well! At least you had the dug-out to protect you! ;) :D

They can't sell enough hot chocolate at those games!

I can remember my parents telling me how they always got colder at my baseball games than they did my football games. :cool:

football4life
12-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I can remember my parents telling me how they always got colder at my baseball games than they did my football games. :cool:

I would definitely say that Baseball games tend to be much colder than any football games. I didn't wear long sleeves once all season this year, and once baseball rolls around, I'll be breakin out all kinds of winter gear.

AP Panther Fan
12-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

Absolutely! Not only are the temperatures colder, it's the darn wind and the fact that there is no place to escape it at most baseball fields.

You'll never hear me complain when asked to work the concession stand during a baseball game. Heck, I can't sit still during the game anyway...."mom nerves" kick in before the first pitch is thrown.:rolleyes: :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
12-08-2005, 01:11 PM
All I know is that it's cold...There is still ice on my front and back porch.

Hannibal
12-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Absolutely! Not only are the temperatures colder, it's the darn wind and the fact that there is no place to escape it at most baseball fields.

You'll never hear me complain when asked to work the concession stand during a baseball game. Heck, I can't sit still during the game anyway...."mom nerves" kick in before the first pitch is thrown.:rolleyes: :D

Do you want to come work the concession stand here? :D

neck_06
12-08-2005, 01:49 PM
WOW i saw a -27 in North Dakota!!!! that is COLD