PDA

View Full Version : Santa Claus RIP?

spiveyrat
12-08-2005, 09:53 AM
We've all seen injuredinmelee's signature of Santa's tombstone. Could this (http://www.local6.com/news/5491296/detail.html) be the cause?

Some people! :doh: :rolleyes:

Rabbit'93
12-08-2005, 09:57 AM
he he kinda got a chuckle out of that

DaHop72
12-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Man, that's just not right.:(

S-WtrMustangFan
12-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Good now i will finally get the credit for all them damn presents i buy !!!!

GreenMonster
12-08-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
he he kinda got a chuckle out of that

I find that to be rather amusing as well. I found some of the comments funny too. It would really be great if the guy had a Nativity Scene set up in the front yard with Santa hanging above. This old world has shifted the meaning of Christmas away from Christ and toward Santa Claus. Time to get back to the basics.

sww-bull52
12-08-2005, 10:05 AM
That's one way to make friends with your neighbors.

Rabbit'93
12-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
This old world has shifted the meaning of Christmas away from Christ and toward Santa Claus. Time to get back to the basics. That the way I took this display. I could be wrong though. I think maybe something more subtle could have done the trick. But he sure is getting attention.:eek:

Phil C
12-08-2005, 11:37 AM
I am surprised the people didn't try to lynch him. I remember that when I was about 12 I ready in the paper about some guy in some West Texas town that went hunting and shot a deer and when he was in his backyard getting ready to cut the deer up for the meat some little kids saw him and asked him what he was doing and he told them that this was one of Santa's reindeer and that Santa couldn't bring them any presents now. The kids all went home upset and crying and some of the fathers got mad and got a rope and were going to hang the guy. One of the wives got alarmed and called the sheriff who got there in time to stop the lynching. The man later got a job in another town and quietly moved away.

72Yoeman
12-08-2005, 11:52 AM
YA know, there's a time and place for stuff like that but messing with little kids heads is never anyone's right regardless of any "protected rights" by the Constitution. I personally would have very serious issues with that "neighbor" and he would probably not be in the neighborhood very long after that.
He's probably a card-carrying member of the ACLU (American Communist Litigation Union) anyway and regardless of the "good" they do I have absolutley no use for them or anyone who abuses their constitutional rights. Need I take any jabs at Florida, too??
"Stand up, America!!!" - Earl Pitts

AP Panther Fan
12-08-2005, 12:03 PM
What a jerk!:rolleyes:

I wonder if he was already disliked by ALL of his neighbors BEFORE this...:mad:

rockdale80
12-08-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by 72Yoeman
YA know, there's a time and place for stuff like that but messing with little kids heads is never anyone's right regardless of any "protected rights" by the Constitution. I personally would have very serious issues with that "neighbor" and he would probably not be in the neighborhood very long after that.
He's probably a card-carrying member of the ACLU (American Communist Litigation Union) anyway and regardless of the "good" they do I have absolutley no use for them or anyone who abuses their constitutional rights. Need I take any jabs at Florida, too??
"Stand up, America!!!" - Earl Pitts

Why is is that anytime a person doesnt agree with the norm, he is labeled as a communist? And the ACLU isnt a body of people I typically agree with, but they have stood up for some people that have needed someone on their side. Everyone isn't christian, and to be American you dont have to be. So while I think hanging a Santa in your yard is crossing the line, not everyone celebrates Christmas nor wants it crammed down their throat.

kaorder1999
12-08-2005, 01:01 PM
that is freaking amazing. How stupid can someone be?

football4life
12-08-2005, 01:12 PM
This was pretty funny until you think about the reaction of little kids who might happen upon this thing. Good grief, I would definitely be pissed if one of my neighbors did that!

neck_06
12-08-2005, 01:45 PM
WOW!!! think of the little kids in that neighborhood!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

footballgal
12-08-2005, 01:55 PM
I don't agree with what this man did, as far as getting his point across, (whatever it was). But on the other hand, if lies, about Santa Clause were not told, then maybe kids wouldn't get trumatized, and reaction like those mentioned would not occur. :thinking:

Phil C
12-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
I don't agree with what this man did, as far as getting his point across, (whatever it was). But on the other hand, if lies, about Santa Clause were not told, then maybe kids wouldn't get trumatized, and reaction like those mentioned would not occur. :thinking:

WHAT LIES?! :eek:

AP Panther Fan
12-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
WHAT LIES?! :eek:

LOL....Yeah, WHAT LIES?:D

neck_06
12-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by footballgal

WHAT LIES??:confused:

ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY THAT SANTA ISN'T REAL??????

my world is crushed!

:( :( :( :( :(