PDA

View Full Version : Best Qb In College

rockdale80
12-08-2005, 03:51 AM
This is for everyone saying he isnt the best in college. Look who is #1 in QB rating....

weird? I thought he wasn't even in the top 3:rolleyes:

1. V. Young Texas 168.56
2. R. Carpenter Arizona St 167.68
3. B. Brohm Louisville 166.73
4. D. Olson UCLA 165.23
5. B. Quinn N Dame 162.90

here is the link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/statistics)

jmcgee
12-08-2005, 03:53 AM
the link doesnt work.

jmcgee
12-08-2005, 03:54 AM
Look whos QB didnt even make top 5.????:confused:

rockdale80
12-08-2005, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
the link doesnt work.

fixed it...and Leinert is 8th. And if you look Reggie isnt even the leading rusher in college:confused: :confused:

rockdale80
12-08-2005, 08:16 AM
ttt

Keith7
12-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
This is for everyone saying he isnt the best in college. Look who is #1 in QB rating....

weird? I thought he wasn't even in the top 3:rolleyes:

1. V. Young Texas 168.56
2. R. Carpenter Arizona St 167.68
3. B. Brohm Louisville 166.73
4. D. Olson UCLA 165.23
5. B. Quinn N Dame 162.90

here is the link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/statistics)

Give VY the heisman, QB rating is the only way to determine who the best player in the nation is!! :rolleyes:

Keith7
12-08-2005, 10:53 AM
I bet if I played against the defenses he played against, I would be in the top 5 too

rockdale80
12-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
Give VY the heisman, QB rating is the only way to determine who the best player in the nation is!! :rolleyes:

Leave it to keith to make a statement about VY not being the best QB in college, then not knowing what to say when he is proven wrong with facts.

District303aPastPlayer
12-08-2005, 11:00 AM
take VY out of Texas, do they go undefeated?

take bush out of USC, do they go undefeated?

one is yes, one is no. . . you decide who is more important to their team...

Keith7
12-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Leave it to keith to make a statement about VY not being the best QB in college, then not knowing what to say when he is proven wrong with facts.

I still don't get how u think that because he has the highest QB rating makes him the best QB in college...

don't u realize that all those other QBs play different teams?? and ratings measure effiecentcy not overall skill, so you should change your statement to "VY is the most efficient QB when playing crappy defenses"

Keith7
12-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

one is yes, one is no. . . you decide who is more important to their team...

is the heisman sopposed to go to the person who is most valuable to his team?? NO!!! It goes to the best player in the nation, a.k.a. Reggie Bush

Rabbit'93
12-08-2005, 11:12 AM
IMO VY is better than reggie. and I'm not even a texas homer

KTJ
12-08-2005, 11:13 AM
I bet if I played against the defenses he played against, I would be in the top 5 too

No, you wouldn't.

AJ Hawk (Ohio State) would have smashed you to pieces.

rockdale80
12-08-2005, 11:14 AM
I still don't get how u think that because he has the highest QB rating makes him the best QB in college...

don't u realize that all those other QBs play different teams?? and ratings measure effiecentcy not overall skill, so you should change your statement to "VY is the most efficient QB when playing crappy defenses"

Isn't effeciency a correlation to overall skill. I mean you cant have one without the other. Thought QB rating was a pretty standard calculation as to QB's overall skill. :crazy:

Keith7
12-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
No, you wouldn't.

I guess you've never seen me flick the pill

handNthedirt
12-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

Ever notice how 'hornfan' loves to bring up the OSU game as an arguing point for everything? Congrats to OSU's TE for point shaving. Also, how is VY even still in the running for Heisman, and how are you hornfans still hoping he gets it?........little old TAMU's defense kicked his a**, that's right, the secondary who ranks dead last in NCAA Div.I-A....and they picked him twice. TAMU's redshirt freshman qb had the stats in that game that VY needed to get the most prestigious award in college football.

KTJ
12-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Ever notice how 'hornfan' loves to bring up the OSU game as an arguing point for everything? Congrats to OSU's TE for point shaving. Also, how is VY even still in the running for Heisman, and how are you hornfans still hoping he gets it?........little old TAMU's defense kicked his a**, that's right, the secondary who ranks dead last in NCAA Div.I-A....and they picked him twice. TAMU's redshirt freshman qb had the stats in that game that VY needed to get the most prestigious award in college football.

1.) What bowl game are you celebrating this year?

2.) Texas Tech and Baylor. That's all I'm going to say.

3.) Was that post even necessary?

4.) This is the typical Aggie stuff that gives your school a bad name.

rockdale80
12-08-2005, 11:52 AM

I am glad you and Keith live in a fantasy world where you make ridiculous comments and pretend to actually know something about football. Maybe he is in the race because he is one of the best QB's in college, and his team is undefeated. Point shaving? That is a bold statement. Guess that is why they lost....because they were shaving points. And regardless of the TAMU game...they still won.

Keith7
12-08-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

4.) This is the typical Aggie stuff that gives your school a bad name.

I like how any good points made is just passed off as "typical aggie stuff" lol

rockdale80
12-08-2005, 11:55 AM

And any points we make are just homerisms....

Hypocrite

KTJ
12-08-2005, 11:56 AM

You thought that was a good point? You're kidding, right?

Keith7
12-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Point shaving? That is a bold statement. Guess that is why they lost.....

DUH!! thats what he was saying..

oh and look at this..

Average Defensive rank for opponents:

Texas: 62
USC:41

oh no.. i guess VY running wild on the 110th defensive ranked Aggies doesn't mean as much as you guys thought.. oh wait a second.. he didn't do much of anything against the 110th ranked aggies.. screw it he deserves the heisman, he must be the best player!! hahahahaha

like i said I would be a heisman trophy canidate if I played the same teams VY did.. give me a break people

handNthedirt
12-08-2005, 11:57 AM
How does stating the truth give Ags a bad name? Oh, wait, I know.....you libs lose that warm and fuzzy feeling when someone states the truth.

rockdale80
12-08-2005, 12:05 PM
How does stating the truth give Ags a bad name? Oh, wait, I know.....you libs lose that warm and fuzzy feeling when someone states the truth.

And you conservative yuppies don't know what the truth is so you make up something and label it as that.....thats right.

Adidas410s
12-08-2005, 12:06 PM
TAMU's redshirt freshman qb had the stats in that game that VY needed to get the most prestigious award in college football.

Wait...this is our winner for best statement of the week!!!

Stephen McGee 9/23 83yds 0TD 1INT
Vince Young 13/24 162yds 1TD 1INT

Yeah...if he had completed 39% of his passes for 83 yards and NO TOUCHDOWNS and TWO FUMBLES then he definitely would have won the Heisman. :clap: :clap: :clap:

DaHop72
12-08-2005, 12:08 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight, but from reading last night when the subject turns to politics, LHPM has a new cute smilie that she's not afraid to use.:thinking:

rockdale80
12-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I don't have a dog in this fight, but from reading last night when the subject turns to politics, LHPM has a new cute smilie that she's not afraid to use.:thinking:

Dont want it to, but everytime some idiot takes a stab at something I believe in I am going to take a stab back.

DaHop72
12-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Dont want it to, but everytime some idiot takes a stab at something I believe in I am going to take a stab back.
I understand it's just if it goes the other way, you know what will happen to the post.

rockdale80
12-08-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I understand it's just if it goes the other way, you know what will happen to the post.

I dont really want to talk politics when we were talking about how VY is the BEST QB in college, and how Leinert isn't, and how Reggie Bush isnt even the leading rusher in the nation, leader in return yards, return tds, or rushing td's.

Whsdogs
12-08-2005, 12:17 PM

Vine Young for heisman!!!! If you think they can do it without vince young tell me who is goin to come back him up instead...colt mccoy???? the kid is good but promise you he is no vince young...and maybe he played against some crappy defenses but he did play against good ones to and performed in every game (except one out of the 12 which you people choose to try and use against him) i think we will just have to find out when they play usc

DaHop72
12-08-2005, 12:19 PM
I dont really want to talk politics when we were talking about how VY is the BEST QB in college, and how Leinert isn't, and how Reggie Bush isnt even the leading rusher in the nation, leader in return yards, return tds, or rushing td's. ;) ;)

handNthedirt
12-08-2005, 12:20 PM
VY made a horrible Aggie defense look like the Wrecking Crew of old....and he should win the Heisman??? Y'all need to lay off the tea and hippie lettuce down there in Austin.

Adidas410s
12-08-2005, 12:21 PM
VY made a horrible Aggie defense look like the Wrecking Crew of old....and he should win the Heisman??? Y'all need to lay off the tea and hippie lettuce down there in Austin.

what's that...you won't back up your statements from earlier? Come on now...you said it...at least TRY and defend it instead of just hating on others. I might have to start calling you Keith Jr. :p

KTJ
12-08-2005, 12:23 PM

I nominate this for the "dumbest post of the day." Nowhere did I ever say I was a liberal, and if I was, that has nothing--I repeat, nothing--to do with said argument.

Someone else on this thread countered your argument and you have yet to answer it. (not to mention, the questions that I asked weren't answered either--just ignored.)

rockdale80
12-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I nominate this for the "dumbest post of the day." Nowhere did I ever say I was a liberal, and if I was, that has nothing--I repeat, nothing--to do with said argument.

Someone else on this thread countered your argument and you have yet to answer it. (not to mention, the questions that I asked weren't answered either--just ignored.)

Its easier to keep saying the same thing over and over again than actually make any point whatsoever.

handNthedirt
12-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Yes, Ags lost, but McGhee had a better game, and did more for his team than your Heisman frontrunner, VY.

rockdale80
12-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

Yeah...if he had completed 39% of his passes for 83 yards and NO TOUCHDOWNS and TWO FUMBLES then he definitely would have won the Heisman. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Read above to see just how much better McGee did than VY...some people just spout off things with any facts to back them up.

Chris Hart
12-08-2005, 12:40 PM

Yeah...if he had completed 39% of his passes for 83 yards and NO TOUCHDOWNS and TWO FUMBLES then he definitely would have won the Heisman. :clap: :clap: :clap: Didn't they both also have some rushing stats that day? And wasn't one also making his very first collegiate start that day against a highly ranked defense, and the other a 3 year starter against the 110th ranked defense? I am not an Aggie fan or a Longhorn fan, so I'm not criticizing VY, will he win the Heisman? No. Does he deserve the Heisman? No. Will he be second in the balloting? Yes. Is he a great college QB? Yes. Will he be a great pro QB? Doubt it. But let's lay it out there honestly guys, for that particular day he was upstaged by a redshirt freshmen QB making his first collegiate start against the #2 team in the land, and being a storied rivalry game as well. I still don't think Vince would've won the Heisman with a great performance against the Aggies, but his showing against them definitely ruined any chances of him winning it.

handNthedirt
12-08-2005, 12:43 PM
I'm not arguing the numbers. If you watched the game, you KNOW McGee did more to give his team to give his team a chance to win than VY did. VY, your Mr. Heisman, didn't do crap against the Aggie defense, except make them look better than they really are. It was your numerous RBs that won the game, not VY.

Phil C
12-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Be civilized my people. Be calm, cool and collected and keep your composure.

http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Old_School=composure.wav

rockdale80
12-08-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm not arguing the numbers. If you watched the game, you KNOW McGee did more to give his team to give his team a chance to win than VY did. VY, your Mr. Heisman, didn't do crap against the Aggie defense, except make them look better than they really are. It was your numerous RBs that won the game, not VY.

All he did was win that day. Thats all. And you cant talk numbers, because there isnt really a comparison. Moving on.....

schu1213
12-08-2005, 01:20 PM
THe only number that I am worried about is 2. Number of NC won by Lienart. How many does vince have. Just proving that we can sit here and say Vince has this and Lienhart has this but it doesn tmatter. Im sick of all this, we will find out Jan 4.

Adidas410s
12-08-2005, 01:21 PM

The reason McGee did more is because he HAD to!!! That's because the Aggie offense was built around everybody's hero Reggie! VY doesn't HAVE to do it all every game because he has 4 RB's that could be a starter and they all offer different styles of rushing that allow UT to figure out what works best and exploit it. Look at Colorado...UT felt that they could dominate them in the passing game and they did but their rushing #'s weren't that great during the 1st half when the starters were in. Unlike A&M, Texas doesn't HAVE to rely on just 1 person to make their offense click...that's why they are going to a bowl and the Ags will be staying home.

Adidas410s
12-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
THe only number that I am worried about is 2. Number of NC won by Lienart. How many does vince have. Just proving that we can sit here and say Vince has this and Lienhart has this but it doesn tmatter. Im sick of all this, we will find out Jan 4.

see...THIS is what problems the BCS creates! It gives us a month to talk about the game and then it ends up getting beat to death and the game loses some of its magic and mystique. If it was a playoff system, it would be fun to talk about and it would all build towards the game on Saturday...just like we have in HS playoffs where we can discuss it all week and it just builds towards Friday/Saturday. Give fans a month to discuss a game and people just get upset and it's not fun anymore...:(

LH Panther Mom
12-08-2005, 01:39 PM
that's why they are going to a bowl and the Ags will be staying home.
Just think of the fun we'd all be having if the Aggies were playing in a bowl game; twice as many opportunities for ya'll to beat each other up on here. ;)

AP Panther Fan
12-08-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Just think of the fun we'd all be having if the Aggies were playing in a bowl game; twice as many opportunities for ya'll to beat each other up on here. ;)

lol...I don't think my eyes could endure it. Seems they never miss an opportunity.:thinking: :D

Adidas410s
12-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

nah...heck I'm going to the Cotton Bowl again this year so I'm EXCITED!!! I really don't care which Texas teams do what as long as the state is well represented...

handNthedirt
12-08-2005, 01:51 PM
The reason McGee did more is because he HAD to!!! That's because the Aggie offense was built around everybody's hero Reggie! VY doesn't HAVE to do it all every game because he has 4 RB's that could be a starter and they all offer different styles of rushing that allow UT to figure out what works best and exploit it. Look at Colorado...UT felt that they could dominate them in the passing game and they did but their rushing #'s weren't that great during the 1st half when the starters were in. Unlike A&M, Texas doesn't HAVE to rely on just 1 person to make their offense click...that's why they are going to a bowl and the Ags will be staying home.

It was the kid's first collegiate start, and he performed better than VY, your Heisman hopeful, is all I'm saying. Since horns exploit their opponents weaknesses, as every football team attempts to do, one would think VY, Mr. Quarterback, would have ripped the worst secondary in division I a new one.

neck_06
12-08-2005, 01:59 PM
he hasn't gotten the chance to show it yet because he has only played one game, but i believe that starting next year. McGee of Texas A&M will be one of the best QBs in college football.

KTJ
12-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
he hasn't gotten the chance to show it yet because he has only played one game, but i believe that starting next year. McGee of Texas A&M will be one of the best QBs in college football.

He can be. But 5-6 seasons, not going to bowl games, and not being able to beat Tech, Baylor, OU, and UT won't help him any in the future.

neck_06
12-08-2005, 02:04 PM
ok, but those were McNeil's losses not his. the only one he hasn't been able to beat was TU. In my opinion, Texas A&M is getting ready to turn it around.

rockdale80
12-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by schu1213

I didnt know that last year and the year before had anything to do with the numbers they put up this year. Now you are reaching because you make a claim about VY not even being in the top 3, then get proven wrong so you stretch it out to the past. The numbers this year don't lie. If you still dont think he is the one of the best(if not the best) then I think you are crazy sir.

sicem74
12-08-2005, 03:12 PM
Shawn Bell is ranked #75 congrats to him in his junior season show them next year and be #1!

rockdale80
12-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
Shawn Bell is ranked #75 congrats to him in his junior season show them next year and be #1!

Who is Shawn Bell?:rolleyes:

Buccaneer
12-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Shawn Bell is Baylor's qb.

rockdale80
12-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Shawn Bell is Baylor's qb.

I know who he is...it was a joke.

setex
12-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Brady Quinn is the best QB in the nation and should win the Heisman.

With USC and UT line, I would have numbers like Vinnie and Matt.

Bush doesn't push Matt in, the Irish in the Roses and Brady brings home the Heisman.

Adidas410s
12-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by setex
Brady Quinn is the best QB in the nation and should win the Heisman.

With USC and UT line, I would have numbers like Vinnie and Matt.

Bush doesn't push Matt in, the Irish in the Roses and Brady brings home the Heisman.

Well the finalists have been announced and its only Reggie, Vince, and Leinart getting an invite to NYC