PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Bowl ?

S-WtrMustangFan
12-07-2005, 06:28 PM
I grew up in Sweetwater so i was very young the first i went to the bowl.Just wondering how others felt their first time at Mustang Bowl.Go Mustangs !!!! Spread The Red !!!!!

STANG RED
12-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by S-WtrMustangFan
I grew up in Sweetwater so i was very young the first i went to the bowl.Just wondering how others felt their first time at Mustang Bowl.Go Mustangs !!!! Spread The Red !!!!!
I just thought it was the biggest playground in the world. Used to roll down the dirt slopes, before they poured them with concrete. It is a real cool place though. Not a bad seat in the house. No other stadium gets you that close to the action. You can hear every hit. If they will ever upgrade the restrooms and concessions, it will be even better.

S-WtrMustangFan
12-07-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I just thought it was the biggest playground in the world. Used to roll down the dirt slopes, before they poured them with concrete. It is a real cool place though. Not a bad seat in the house. No other stadium gets you that close to the action. You can hear every hit. If they will ever upgrade the restrooms and concessions, it will be even better. I remember climbing the fence after it would snow and sliding on a piece of cardboard down the side of the bowl.

STANG RED
12-07-2005, 06:47 PM
I remember climbing the fence after it would snow and sliding on a piece of cardboard down the side of the bowl.
Yea, but that was only once every 2 or 3 years.
I could roll down the slopes, get real dirty, tear my clothes all up, and get a butt bustin, every friday night.

S-WtrMustangFan
12-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Yea, but that was only once every 2 or 3 years.
I could roll down the slopes, get real dirty, tear my clothes all up, and get a butt bustin, every friday night. Those where the good ole days.

Sweetwater Red
12-07-2005, 06:53 PM
I just thought it was the biggest playground in the world. Used to roll down the dirt slopes, before they poured them with concrete. It is a real cool place though. Not a bad seat in the house. No other stadium gets you that close to the action. You can hear every hit. If they will ever upgrade the restrooms and concessions, it will be even better.

Exactly! Why don't they? The concession stands are horrible
as far as speed is concerned. The restrooms have no doors.
I mean I wish the alumni that donated the cash for the turf
woulda threw in 30k more and then tore the old down and
built the new.

S-WtrMustangFan
12-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
built the new. They need to move the concession stands back where the bowl slops down and put one on each corner of the bowl.

STANG RED
12-07-2005, 07:13 PM
I think it is all in the works, but I'm not sure if it will be before next season or not.
I could go for some stadium style seating as well. Or at least, put a back on them, like what is at Grande, and Stephenville.
Press Box needs some work to, while their at it.

S-WtrMustangFan
12-07-2005, 07:19 PM
I think it is all in the works, but I'm not sure if it will be before next season or not.
I could go for some stadium style seating as well. Or at least, put a back on them, like what is at Grande, and Stephenville.
Press Box needs some work to, while their at it. Stadium seats would be nice.Even though i don't do much sitting.But doors in the restroom would be nice for when i do have to sit.

STANG RED
12-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Stadium seats would be nice.Even though i don't do much sitting.But doors in the restroom would be nice for when i do have to sit.
HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Yea, I know what ya mean. I just make sure that aint gonna happen before I go.
And, if it does, I'll go back home before I sit in there.
Of course, I only live a few blocks from there, so I can easily walk it, if I have to.

mustangsince87
12-09-2005, 10:07 AM
i personally think that putting in stadium seats would take out the feel of a traditional high school field

mustang68
12-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
built the new.

No doubt the concession is slow due to lay out, but compared to Grande it's a speeding bulllet and nearly reasonable.

vet93
12-09-2005, 10:42 AM
The first time that I saw the Mustang Bowl was in a 1983 playoff game against the #1 ranked Littlefield Wildcats....It is one of my most favorite stadiums because we upset Littlefield on a last minute, no huddle, scoring drive. Aaron Keesee (Texas Tech) was our quarterback and he picked Littlefield apart....of course he had all the time in the world to pass due to the heroics of several little known linemen:D .....is truly one of my fondest memories!

vet93
12-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Ballinger put a section of stadium seating on the home side. The red seats really dress up the stadium and make it look much better...not to mention the comfort of the seats...some people pitched a fit though!!!

Press Box needs some work to, while their at it.

keenoace
12-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Mine was a great experience we won. Snyder 30 somethin Sweetwater 7 i think.