PDA

View Full Version : Your Team's Best Games?

Bullaholic
12-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Which games were your team's best games this season? BTW--Doesn't have to be only "Wins"

I think for the Bulls:

1. Lake Worth. 58-56 4-Overtime win. Set the "tone" for the rest of the season.

2. Breckenridge. 43-40 Win in Rd2. Great "come from behind in the last seconds win".

3. Monahans. 42-43 Loss in Rd3. Heartbreaking heavyweight slug-fest loss with over 500 yds offense by the Bulls.

Sweetwater Red
12-06-2005, 10:27 PM
5. Midland Greenwood W 44-21 (round 1)
4. Littlefield W 38-20 (round 2)
3. Iowa Park W 27-21 (round 3)
2. Monahans W 35-16 (round 4)
1. Tatum (??????) (round 5)

Sweetwater's top five in reverse order.

Adidas410s
12-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Best Overall Performance:

For an early season game the Aledo game was a very good overall one. Probably Sweetwater though cuz it was a "bigger" game. Other than the 5 or so dropped passes against Gainesville, that was a very complete game and the team played solid all-around.

Best Offensive Performance:

1st half against Vernon. Since the starters were pulled at halftime it wasn't an entire game. They put up 35 points and scored on all 5 possessions. It also had great balance of 19 passes and 12-15 rushes. Great balance...flawless execution...solid all-around play.

Best Defensive Performance:

Sweetwater...3 points against that offense, regardless of what players they were missing...it was great!

Best Comeback:

While the failed comeback against Graham was nice, 20 points in the 4th quarter that could have been at least 27 if not for a holding penalty...it's obviously the game against Canyon.

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Best games for the Panthers:

1) All but the last 9 minutes of the Wimberley game
2) Devine game

Without a doubt, these were the best defensive performances, IMO.

LewP
12-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Best games for the Panthers:

1) All but the last 9 minutes of the Wimberley game
2) Devine game

Without a doubt, these were the best defensive performances, IMO.

Yeah...too bad that didn't work out for ya'll...but thanks for playing...LOL :D

Bullaholic
12-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by LewP
Yeah...too bad that didn't work out for ya'll...but thanks for playing...LOL :D

You lost me, Lew.....LOL?

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Just a "slam". :rolleyes:

Butkus
12-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Just a "slam". :rolleyes:
ya no that boy is d u m b dumb.

LewP
12-06-2005, 11:02 PM

Bull...me and oh LH Panther Mom have this unwritten deal....I give her fits...and she always tells me I'm doing something wrong on these boards.....we wouldn't know how to act any other way...lol
She knows deep down I don't care who her team plays..heck we ain't ever gonna seem um...I just like to rile her up is all.

http://blogs.scripps.com/abil/Sweetwater/Sky1.jpg

Sweetwater Red
12-06-2005, 11:04 PM
I think LHmom and Lewp have a history on message boards.
I am just guessing. But, their posts to each other kinda have
teeth and claws hidden in them.

LewP
12-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
ya no that boy is d u m b dumb.

And Mr. Butkus...how is Snyder treating you these days?

District303aPastPlayer
12-06-2005, 11:05 PM
Sintons best Defensive Game:
Gregory Portland -- 31 total yards of offense for GP

Butkus
12-06-2005, 11:06 PM
And Mr. Butkus...how is Snyder treating you these days?

well gee loopy i dont no like i dun told ya i been following the Big Red while you justa been talkin.

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Bull...me and oh LH Panther Mom have this unwritten deal....I give her fits...and she always tells me I'm doing something wrong on these boards.....we wouldn't know how to act any other way...lol
She knows deep down I don't care who her team plays..heck we ain't ever gonna seem um...I just like to rile her up is all.

Actually, you have the unwritten deal. I have no "deal" at all.

Look at Wimberley's scores this year. Even including the last 9 minutes, we held them to the least points they've scored all year. And they have those same bragging rights.

LewP
12-06-2005, 11:08 PM
well gee loopy i dont no like i dun told ya i been following the Big Red while you justa been talkin.

Well Mr. Butkus...you sure have a weired way of supporting us real Mustang fans...If I didn't know any better, I'd swear your name was Butkus Arnold....

Bullaholic
12-06-2005, 11:09 PM

If you say so, Lew.....but it seems like kind of a weird sense of humor to laugh at somebody with LHPMom's class over her team losing a playoff game----if your intent is to "rile" her up---I think you are a good ways down that trail. As long as you think you have an understanding---good luck ol' boy.

LewP
12-06-2005, 11:11 PM
If you say so, Lew.....but it seems like kind of a weird sense of humor to laugh at somebody with LHPMom's class over her team losing a playoff game----if your intent is to "rile" her up---I think you are a good ways down that trail. As long as you think you have an understanding---good luck ol' boy.

Bull, no offense...but it's one of those deals where you don't know alot of the details....I wish I could tell ya, but then see, that would be putting gas in Mom's tank...i don't want her to drive too far ya know??

Butkus
12-06-2005, 11:11 PM
Well Mr. Butkus...you sure have a weired way of supporting us real Mustang fans...If I didn't know any better, I'd swear your name was Butkus Arnold....
uhhhhhhh real fans can probly go see games the Big Red one young 04 and 07 for example. heck far ranger moms made more games than u and i no i have to.

LewP
12-06-2005, 11:14 PM
uhhhhhhh real fans can probly go see games the Big Red one young 04 and 07 for example. heck far ranger moms made more games than u and i no i have to.
Well Butkus...I'll give ya credit there.
I wish I could go see my Mustangs every week. But remember, gas is pretty high, miles are pretty far, and ol Lew is trying to get this bidness going...i pay my 5.00 every week to hear my Mustangs. Lord willing, I'll get to see em this Saturday.

Butkus
12-06-2005, 11:16 PM
Well Butkus...I'll give ya credit there.
I wish I could go see my Mustangs every week. But remember, gas is pretty high, miles are pretty far, and ol Lew is trying to get this bidness going...i pay my 5.00 every week to hear my Mustangs. Lord willing, I'll get to see em this Saturday.
well dont worry ole son cause us real fans are gonna drive down to ur part of Texas and see the old Stangs roll.

Butkus
12-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Actually, you have the unwritten deal.

Look at Wimberley's scores this year. Even including the last 9 minutes, we held them to the least points they've scored all year. And they have those same bragging rights.
bull not meaning to stir thangs up but i think ya can see that admiring dont go both ways.

GreenMonster
12-06-2005, 11:32 PM

Look at Wimberley's scores this year. Even including the last 9 minutes, we held them to the least points they've scored all year.

How many points did Wimberly score in that game, I can't remember.

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
How many points did Wimberly score in that game, I can't remember.

23...16 in the last 9 minutes.

GreenMonster
12-06-2005, 11:39 PM
23...16 in the last 9 minutes.

That Texan offense is rather potent. Cudos to the Panther "D" on their efforts that night. IP only allowed them 27 points at a point in the season when IP was still stinking up the joint. What is crazy is Gainesville and Wimberly were both on the IP preseason schedule the last 2 years. Besides those 2, Childress is still alive in the 2A play-offs and of course the Mighty Sweetwater Mustangs are still rolling as well. I'd call that a pretty rough schedule 4 out of 13 teams on the IP schedule at the Semi-Final or Final level of their respective classifications.

Sweetwater Red
12-06-2005, 11:40 PM
GO GREEN TEAMS ? Does that include Tatum LHmom ?

GreenMonster
12-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Back to the real reason for this thread.

1. Sweetwater
2. Vernon
3. Graham
4. Childress

Sweetwater Red
12-06-2005, 11:55 PM
Back to the real reason for this thread.

1. Sweetwater
2. Vernon
3. Graham
4. Childress

Thanks for #1. As far as excitement...IP should be #1 in my poll.
I just figured I would put them in order by round.

GreenMonster
12-07-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Thanks for #1. As far as excitement...IP should be #1 in my poll.
I just figured I would put them in order by round.

Yeah, it was a great game to watch. Too bad that my Hawks couldn't quite get the door shut all the way, it would be IP playing Saturday night at Texas Stadium. Oh well, I will cheer for the Mustangs instead. Go Sweetwater, Spread the Red!

Adidas410s
12-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Yeah, it was a great game to watch. Too bad that my Hawks couldn't quite get the door shut all the way, it would be IP playing Saturday night at Texas Stadium. Oh well, I will cheer for the Mustangs instead. Go Sweetwater, Spread the Red!

nah cuz if yall had won there would be too many green teams left playing...:rolleyes:

LewP
12-07-2005, 12:26 AM
That Texan offense is rather potent. Cudos to the Panther "D" on their efforts that night. IP only allowed them 27 points at a point in the season when IP was still stinking up the joint. What is crazy is Gainesville and Wimberly were both on the IP preseason schedule the last 2 years. Besides those 2, Childress is still alive in the 2A play-offs and of course the Mighty Sweetwater Mustangs are still rolling as well. I'd call that a pretty rough schedule 4 out of 13 teams on the IP schedule at the Semi-Final or Final level of their respective classifications.

Clint...
Let me just mention this again because i don't think it can be over-stated. I am still in awe of the great job the IP coach did in turning that program around in mid-season. In my books...that was gutsy and it took serious juevos.....If they kept a catagory for the toughest team anytime, anywhere, Iowa Park would get my vote.

RMAC
12-07-2005, 12:57 AM
Offensive Performance- I'd have to say Wylie or Birdville. We hit on all cylinders all night except for probably the last 6 min of the Wylie game. We had the comeback against Birdville mid-way through the 3rd after scoring on the opening drive and forcing them 3 and out. But then, one of our receivers dropped a pass in the endzone that would have put us up and all the wind in our sails went to Birdville's boat.

Defensive Performance- Wylie, most definately. We let up there in the last 6 min. as well and it almost got bad, but we made the stops when we had to. And I know 9 of 10 times we don't win that game, but, we played like I'd never seen our guys play. Wylie didn't even play bad as they didn't have any turnovers. That, with the acception of Breckenridge, where our D came up HUGE in the 2nd half, was, IMO, the only complete game we played all year.

whtfbplaya
12-07-2005, 03:02 AM
One point losses to WC and Cuero

raider red 2000
12-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
One point losses to WC and Cuero

both good games by the tigers.

also, against needvile.....first district game. dont recal the final score....49-7 or somethin like that.

hata_hurta06
12-07-2005, 10:25 AM
two great games with to sour loses
1.1point loss to cuero:(
2.1point loss to Dub C :(

mustangsince87
12-07-2005, 10:31 AM
it wasnt the closest game but the s'water/snyder game was awesome because of all the excitement leading upto it

lostaussie
12-07-2005, 10:46 AM
(1)loss to daingerfield in regular season to end our streak
(2)revenge is sweet. win over d'field in first round of playoffs.