PDA

View Full Version : Rivalries

CenTexSports
12-06-2005, 04:35 PM
As you have seen in other threads, there is a great rivalry (in reality there is actually a great dislike for each other) between Cameron and Rockdale. As best I can tell, this has been going on for at least 85 years. It doesn't stop with high school athletics and it is really silly. I heard it started because Rockdale did not get the county seat many many years ago.

Are ther any other rivalries out there that are this old and this heated? If so what started it. I would like to hear about some that are not just because of football.

mustang04
12-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
As you have seen in other threads, there is a great rivalry (in reality there is actually a great dislike for each other) between Cameron and Rockdale. As best I can tell, this has been going on for at least 85 years. It doesn't stop with high school athletics and it is really silly. I heard it started because Rockdale did not get the county seat many many years ago.

Are ther any other rivalries out there that are this old and this heated? If so what started it. I would like to hear about some that are not just because of football.

sweetwater was going to have Texas Tech, but snyder voted against it....its more detaile than that...but i dont feel like typin the whole shebang

District303aPastPlayer
12-06-2005, 04:50 PM
ummm GP and Calallen

Black_Magic
12-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
sweetwater was going to have Texas Tech, but snyder voted against it....its more detaile than that...but i dont feel like typin the whole shebang Uhh I think your confused.. Snyder Had an opportunity to have Texas teck but some of the stupid people on the city councel and Mayor including some powerful folks voted against it comming to snyder..... Snyder voted agains having tech at snyder ( stupid decision ).. thats how hit happened.

LewP
12-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Uhh I think your confused.. Snyder Had an opportunity to have Texas teck but some of the stupid people on the city councel and Mayor including some powerful folks voted against it comming to snyder..... Snyder voted agains having tech at snyder ( stupid decision ).. thats how hit happened.

The rumor was Sweetwater had a chance for Tech ....

mustang04
12-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by LewP
The rumor was Sweetwater had a chance for Tech ....

actually...i think it was that sweetwater, snyder, and lubbock had chances or sumthin...Tweeder knows

lostaussie
12-06-2005, 05:33 PM
I CAN'T RESIST.................why would any of you wanted them. in my opinion lubbuck was the loser:D

TheDOCTORdre
12-06-2005, 05:34 PM
lets see if I can recreate the story for y'all to the best of my knowledge...Back in the day it was believed that we needed a big university for west Texas so the idea of Tech came up. I believe the story starts out with 5 towns having a bid for Tech...Sweetwater, Snyder, Abilene, Lubbock and another town which I can not recall. In the first vote Abilene won the right for Tech but after some investigating it turned out that Abilene had done some shady dealings in the 1st vote. When it came down to the 2nd vote Snyder gracefully bowed out of the competetion and the vote came to a tie between Lubbock and Sweetwater and Snyder was given the tie braker vote and that vote went to Lubbock and against Sweetwater and thats the story to the best of my recollection

Sweetwater Red
12-06-2005, 05:41 PM
In the 80's it was Sweetwater vs.
Monahans. It sure was nice to
re-kindle that a little bit last week.

Old Tiger
12-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I CAN'T RESIST.................why would any of you wanted them. in my opinion lubbuck was the loser:D lol :D

LewP
12-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
lol :D

Lee Corso is a jerk...

Old Tiger
12-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Nah he supports Texas! :);)

3afan
12-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by LewP
Lee Corso is a jerk...