PDA

View Full Version : How does Tatum do it????????

LewP
12-06-2005, 01:07 AM
How does such a small school have 5 Div. 1 prospects? Does this look abnormal to anyone else but me?

Here is a newspaper article about their team...interesting story. All I can say is the Mustangs have their work cut out for them this week.

In Tatum's Defense

By GABRIEL D. BROOKS
Longview News-Journal

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Tatum's offensive expectations entering the 2005 season weren't as high as the year before when the Eagles had Stephen Hodge back for his senior year as well as a veteran line. Although this year's offense has more than sufficed, it's been the defense that has been the Eagles' hallmark in 2005.

“Going into this year, we had a lot more kids coming back on defense than on offense,'' said Tatum head coach Andy Evans. “We felt like our defense would be our strongest unit.”

It's been just that. During the regular season, Tatum allowed only 10.6 points per game. The Eagles have given up no more than 20 points in a game all year.

The Eagles (12-0) have not slacked off in the playoffs, allowing 12.7 points per game in the three victories that have brought them to the Class 3A, Division II, Region II final against Canton (12-1) Friday at Trinity Mother Frances Rose Stadium. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m.

What has been particularly impressive is the transformation the Tatum defense has seen from the first half to the second. When the Eagles return to the field after halftime, a good defense turns into an impenetrable one.

Of the 38 points Tatum has allowed in the playoffs, only six of them have come in the second half.

Headlining the Eagle defense is a quintet of senior Division I prospects, all of whom pull double duty on offense when needed. Linebacker Daylon McCoy, safety Carson Blackmon, cornerback Teo Freeney, tackle Isaiah Thompson and end Clarence Leatch all have received attention from major college programs over the past few weeks.

Evans said the players have handled the situation well.

“They've treated it (the recruiting process) very maturely,'' the coach explained. “They're not worried much with any of that.”

Jeremy Crabtree, a national recruiting analyst for recruiting source Rivals.com, said Tatum's five prospects are each being well pursued.

Blackmon gave an oral commitment to Houston in June. He's the only of the five to commit, and is likely to move to cornerback with his 5-10, 159-pound frame and 4.5 speed in the 40-yard dash.

“If he was 5-11 or 6-0, he would have the Big 12 schools after him,'' Crabtree said. “He's a physical kid that likes to come up and support the run, but he also can do some things in the secondary.''

Oral commitments are non-binding. The first day a recruit can sign a national letter-of-intent is Feb. 1.

The 6-4, 315-pound Thompson heads the list of Tatum prospects, said Crabtree. “We have Isaiah ranked the highest at this point. One thing college coaches can't teach is size, and he's got the build and the frame.''

McCoy, who has been a 6-0, 187-pound sideline-to-sideline ballhawk at middle linebacker, is expected to move to safety in college.

“We saw him at the Nike training camp (in Fort Worth),” Crabtree said. “He's got himself a good frame, and he's always around the football. You can't coach the nose for the football.''

McCoy ran a time of 4.62 at the camp that was held in April, which tied him for 62nd out of 269 players who attended the event. He returned an interception 65 yards for Tatum's first score in last week's 28-19 win over Madison.

Freeney, A 5-11, 165-pound cornerback-receiver with 4.4 speed, has recently gained attention from recruiters, according to both Evans and Crabtree.

Leatch has also come on strong in his senior season after earning district newcomer of the year honors last season.

“He's definitely played himself into a Division I recruit,” Crabtree said.

Leatch, who also plays tight end, will likely be used as a speed pass-rusher in college. At 6-5, 210 pounds with 4.65 speed, he made an acrobatic pass rush-turned-screen pass interception last week against Madison. He has 10 sacks this season.

But they aren't the only ones making this season's defensive clinic possible.

Lennon Creer sees extensive time on defense, as do junior receiver/cornerback Darnius Moore and linebackers Justin Greene, Eric Kirkland and Donquell Davenport. Greenwood recovered a fumble in the win over Madison.

Dominique Adams, Byron Harkless and Michael Hill aid the secondary, while sophomores Bryce Beall, a linebacker, and safety Chance Blackmon have made key plays on both sides of the ball. Adam Tubbleville, Brandon Arthur, Bronderrick Greenwood and Jonathon Humphries each contribute up front. Humphries had a sack, two tackles for loss and a fumble recovery last week, while Greenwood also recovered a fumble.

All of these players have helped Tatum hold opponents to an average of 58 second-half yards during the playoffs and 12 forced turnovers. Evans said the defense is pretty tight as a unit.

“I think Daylon and Carson are probably the two vocal leaders,” Evans said. “But, they all are that way. It's a pretty tight-knit group.''

Adidas410s
12-06-2005, 01:22 AM
it does sound odd but this was pretty much standard at Celina during their win streak. They consistenly had 5 D1 prospects and 10 or so guys playing college ball somewhere.

LewP
12-06-2005, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
it does sound odd but this was pretty much standard at Celina during their win streak. They consistenly had 5 D1 prospects and 10 or so guys playing college ball somewhere.

Wow....that's really amazing to me.

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2005, 01:29 AM
People need to realize Tatum has a great program..this is not a flash in the plan

1993 14-1-0 580-183 John Crawford
1994 8-3-1 324-147 John Crawford
1995 12-1-0 547-118 John Crawford
1996 11-5-0 520-253 John Crawford
1997 9-2-0 386-148 John Crawford
1998 10-3-0 452-227 John Crawford
1999 *7-4-0 350-206 John Crawford
2000 8-3-0 326-325 Mike Sorenson
2001 4-6-0 197-195 Mike Sorenson
2002 *8-3-0 269-191 Mike Sorenson
2003 8-5-0 425-234 Mike Sorenson
2004 12-2-0 471-197 Andy Evans

They have always been stacked with stud players

LewP
12-06-2005, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
People need to realize Tatum has a great program..this is not a flash in the plan

1993 14-1-0 580-183 John Crawford
1994 8-3-1 324-147 John Crawford
1995 12-1-0 547-118 John Crawford
1996 11-5-0 520-253 John Crawford
1997 9-2-0 386-148 John Crawford
1998 10-3-0 452-227 John Crawford
1999 *7-4-0 350-206 John Crawford
2000 8-3-0 326-325 Mike Sorenson
2001 4-6-0 197-195 Mike Sorenson
2002 *8-3-0 269-191 Mike Sorenson
2003 8-5-0 425-234 Mike Sorenson
2004 12-2-0 471-197 Andy Evans

They have always been stacked with stud players

Well, I certainly realize it....but I think one thing I find amazing is how little each team really knows about each other..from the fan's point of view anyways...maybe we need more broadcasters to enlighten us?? :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
12-06-2005, 01:50 AM
lol i just think on this site there are not enough East Texas posters to help keep the 3DL up to date on that area.

Every year when people begin talking about the top teams in 3A, seems like East Texas does not get alot of love on here, and that is just simply because there are not enough East Texans on here. That is one reason I produced the 3DL commercials..hoping to get some east texans to find the site

Tatum_Fan
12-06-2005, 02:15 AM
Tatum has always been "athletically inclined" but this particular group have been eye balled since they were in Elementary school, Tatumites have known for some time that 2005-2007 football teams should be exceptional

eagle.eyes
12-06-2005, 04:19 AM
Congrats to Andy Evans & Dee Hart from the Hill!

lostaussie
12-06-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by LewP
Wow....that's really amazing to me. i's in the water:D they have great players every year.

jmcgee
12-06-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i's in the water:D they have great players every year. It's in the water over here too.:D

LewP
12-06-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
It's in the water over here too.:D

I'm not trying to be rude here..but there are some really funny quotes coming out of east Texas.....like this:

"From the scouting that has been posted it looks as though Tatum is facing a good opponent but one that will have trouble with Creer (Tatum RB). Look for him to have another 200+ yd night (if that knee is OK). If Canton was the "BEST" offense in the state then other teams are going to have to bring some surprises to the table to even score on Tatum's defense. Unless we are not getting the whole story on Sweetwater - Tatum by 20+."

"Saw Lennon Creer's picture on the blog site for Sweetwater.
They are scouting Tatum. Got the picture from the Henderson paper.
The Sweetwater roster page is nice. Wish LNJ would do that for our East Texas athletes and teams."

"ive always heard the further west you go towards the ep valley, the less talented you get, but i dont really know personally..sweetwater really isnt all that far to the west, but its just the fact of the matter..who knows "

"I'm sorry, I know I am biased...but I don't see anyone in 3A hitting as hard as Tatum "

sww-bull52
12-06-2005, 10:31 AM
They have'nt played a West Texas team yet Lew. They don't know what hard hitting is yet.

Bullaholic
12-06-2005, 10:34 AM
I'm not trying to be rude here..but there are some really funny quotes coming out of east Texas.....like this:

"From the scouting that has been posted it looks as though Tatum is facing a good opponent but one that will have trouble with Creer (Tatum RB). Look for him to have another 200+ yd night (if that knee is OK). If Canton was the "BEST" offense in the state then other teams are going to have to bring some surprises to the table to even score on Tatum's defense. Unless we are not getting the whole story on Sweetwater - Tatum by 20+."

"Saw Lennon Creer's picture on the blog site for Sweetwater.
They are scouting Tatum. Got the picture from the Henderson paper.
The Sweetwater roster page is nice. Wish LNJ would do that for our East Texas athletes and teams."

"ive always heard the further west you go towards the ep valley, the less talented you get, but i dont really know personally..sweetwater really isnt all that far to the west, but its just the fact of the matter..who knows "

"I'm sorry, I know I am biased...but I don't see anyone in 3A hitting as hard as Tatum "

Lew....Are you really surprised to find some overly confident posts by "homers" in both towns about 2 teams going to the state semis? Read posts by some Mustang fans and you will see the same type of posts. Goes with the season---I expect this kind of "hype" and bragging from here on in---its traditional.

LewP
12-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
They have'nt played a West Texas team yet Lew. They don't know what hard hitting is yet.

OMG Guy....to hear them tell it, the NFL Hall of Fame should have been built in Tyler...east Texas this, east Texas that....one person said they had never even heard of Sweetwater..

Man, how far back in those woods do people live?

sww-bull52
12-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Yeah, I read where they hadn't heard of SWW. How can you call yourself a fan of HS Football and never hear of us? I've definetly heard of Tatum. Don't know alot about them though.

Tatum_Fan
12-06-2005, 10:40 AM
They may have not played in West Texas teams yet, but they have played some high quality East Texas teams....All Regions have hard hitting teams. These guys are known for their hard hits more than their speed...

That being said, see the thread "Steamrolled" on Smoaky.com

LewP
12-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Lew....Are you really surprised to find some overly confident posts by "homers" in both towns about 2 teams going to the state semis? Read posts by some Mustang fans and you will see the same type of posts. Goes with the season---I expect this kind of "hype" and bragging from here on in---its traditional.

Bull, I hear what you are saying, but man....this is a different kind of crowing.
Now i have given serious props to tatum....but I never said anything like, tatum is a good team but s'water wins by 20+...I think it's funny...

Hupernikomen
12-06-2005, 10:48 AM
Tatum is the home of former NFL great Larry Centers...banner career at Tatum, SFA, and the Cardinals.

Sweetwater Red
12-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Sweetwater by 20+. The Tatum fans will
be heading towards the exits about the
same time the Lobo fans were.
How's that for an unbiased and under-
confident prediction?

I know. I still can't give Monahans a
break. But, keep in mind I was in the
'85-'89 class. I was a practice dummy
for the Varsity but, that still counts for
something.

LewP
12-06-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Tatum is the home of former NFL great Larry Centers...banner career at Tatum, SFA, and the Cardinals.

Larry centers was a heck of a player...he burned tha Cowboys a number of times.

LewP
12-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Here is the game piece when tatum beat Dallas Madison....

Tatum overcomes Madison

By GABRIEL D. BROOKS

Saturday, November 26, 2005

IRVING – A second-half defense has been Tatum's calling card for the past three weeks.

That trend did not change at Texas Stadium Friday night as the Eagles remained unbeaten with a 28-19 Class 3A, Division II, Region II semifinal win over the Dallas Madison Trojans. The Eagles now move on to face Canton, a 42-14 winner over Rains, next week in the Region II final at a date, site and time to be determined.

After giving up 106 rushing yards in the first half, Tatum's defense shut down the Trojan ground game, holding Madison to five yards on 11 carries in the second half.

The Eagles' secondary picked off Madison quarterback J.L. Wallace five times en route to forcing seven Trojan turnovers. Clarence Leatch, Darnius Moore, Chance Blackmon, Carson Blackmon and Daylon McCoy each had picks, while McCoy returned his 65 yards for the first score of the game. Bronderrick Greenwood and Jonathan Humphries each had fumble recoveries, while Humphries added a sack.

Offensively, Tatum was led by junior running back Lennon Creer with 23 carries for 117 yards and two touchdowns. Quarterback Cashas Pollard completed 2 of 5 passes for 63 yards, including a 58-yard connection to McCoy, who also had a rushing touchdown.

True to form, the Tatum defense clamped down in the second half. As the two teams battled to a stalemate in the third quarter, Blackmon picked off a Trojan pass on the last play of the third quarter.

On Madison's next possession, the Eagles stopped Shawnbrey McNeal on a fake punt run. However, the Eagles were not able to move the ball either, and were forced to punt for the fourth time in the second half.

Fortunately for Tatum, the Madison punt returner mishandled the 47-yard punt at the 15-yard line. The ball ricocheted off his chest as Bronderrick Greenwood jumped on it at the 22-yard line for the Eagles. Tatum was unable to move the ball before Martin Vasquez was wide left on a 43-yard field goal attempt.

The next play drew the Trojans to within two. Wallace completed a 10-yard hook route to Phillip Sterling around the Madison 35-yard line. Sterling spun right and pitched the ball to a streaking McNeal, who galloped 66 more yards for a 76-yard hook-and-ladder touchdown.

McNeal was stacked up on the two-point conversion attempt, leaving the score 21-19 with 3:55 to go in the game.

Leading by only two and having minus-2 total yards of offense in the first 20 minutes of the second half, Tatum needed first downs to keep the clock rolling and the ball away from Madison's offense.

Creer decided to one-up that theory. On second-and-8 from his own 42-yard line, he bounced a run outside to the right sideline and outran three Trojan defenders for a 58-yard touchdown, giving Tatum a nine-point cushion with 1:53 remaining.

Madison's last hurrah resulted in a Carson Blackmon interception, sealing the Eagle victory.

Trojan running back McNeal carried 17 times for 112 yards, 61 of which came on a first-half touchdown. Wallace finished the game 9-for-23 passing for 175 yards, two touchdowns and the aforementioned five picks.

Tatum's defense got an early start on forcing turnovers.

After allowing two first downs, the Eagles forced the Trojans into a third-and-three from their own 45-yard line. Wallace threw a dart over the middle that was deflected by a Tatum defender and intercepted by McCoy, who bounced to the sideline, broke on tackle and outran a convoy of blockers into the end zone for a 65-yard touchdown. Vasquez added the PAT to put the Eagles up 7-0 with nine minutes remaining in the first quarter.

On the ensuing Madison possession, Wallace dropped back to attempt a screen pass in the right flat to McNeal. Leatch read it perfectly, picking it off and returning the ball seven yards to the Trojan 30-yard line. On the Eagles' first offensive play four and a half minutes into the game, Creer ran up the middle before bouncing outside, scampering unscathed for a 30-yard touchdown run, stretching the Tatum lead to 14-0 with 7:27 to go in the opening quarter.

After forcing Tatum to punt, Madison took advantage of its good field position. A 14-yard gain from Wallace to McNeal on an underhanded dumpoff set up a 30-yard touchdown strike from Wallace to Sterling. David Garcia added the extra point.

Madison got the ball back once more in the first quarter.

After getting one first down, Wallace threw his third pick of the frame as Moore intercepted a jump ball in the end zone. With the ball at their own 20, the Eagles staged their first march of the game, ending when McCoy went in from one yard out to extend the Eagle lead to 21-7.

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Bull, I hear what you are saying, but man....this is a different kind of crowing.
It's the exact same type....homerism at its best. ;)

Now i have given serious props to tatum....but I never said anything like, tatum is a good team but s'water wins by 20+...I think it's funny...
Maybe you personally didn't, but there are plenty of Sweetwater folks who have.

LewP
12-06-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It's the exact same type....homerism at its best. ;)

Maybe you personally didn't, but there are plenty of Sweetwater folks who have.

Deb...I dunno...i am not trying to butt heads with ya...But I sincerely haven't heard any Sweetwater folks say we were gonna win by 20+....I just don't think we talk like that...Now, I'm not talking about a kid at the library on here...I mean serious football fans. At least we have heard of Tatum.

One Tatum fan advised us to leave our "snakes" at home..LOL

And I think this quote could be my all-time favorite for quotes....

LOLOL I crack up when I read this..LOLOL
Does that quote sound like someone who pays taxes in this country???LOLOLOL

rockdale80
12-06-2005, 11:09 AM
I can't figure why some people from Sweetwater get all worked up about not being publicized more. It just doesnt make sense to me why or how that matters. I mean if you support, cheer, and never underestimate your team...then why does it matter who else does? There is no way that you are going to tell me that they get NO recognition what so ever either. I think if we ran round the clock news coverage of Sweetwater that wouldnt be enough for some of you guys. I mean come on guys. Why is being proud of your team and cheering for them not enough for you? Does the rest of the state have to do it with you for you to be happy? I doubt anyone will say that Sweetwater is an awful team and their is no reason for them to be where they are. I think the concensus respects the accomplishments, but everyone is free to choose what team that they cheer for and their opinions of who will win. So quit complaining about everything and be happy. You are one of the few towns in Texas that still has a team to cheer for right now. Smile in the satisfaction of that, because that is all that really matters.

LewP
12-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I can't figure why some people from Sweetwater get all worked up about not being publicized more. It just doesnt make sense to me why or how that matters. I mean if you support, cheer, and never underestimate your team...then why does it matter who else does? There is no way that you are going to tell me that they get NO recognition what so ever either. I think if we ran round the clock news coverage of Sweetwater that wouldnt be enough for some of you guys. I mean come on guys. Why is being proud of your team and cheering for them not enough for you? Does the rest of the state have to do it with you for you to be happy? I doubt anyone will say that Sweetwater is an awful team and their is no reason for them to be where they are. I think the concensus respects the accomplishments, but everyone is free to choose what team that they cheer for and their opinions of who will win. So quit complaining about everything and be happy. You are one of the few towns in Texas that still has a team to cheer for right now. Smile in the satisfaction of that, because that is all that really matters.

Rockdale...you are exactly right.
Myself, I just like to see how other folks perceive the same game.
I agree with your comments, but I don't really care if the rest of the state jumps on the Sweetwater bandwagon, and I say that sincerely. Every town in Texas has THEIR own team. I just think it's neat how folks support high school football in Texas. My views aren't meant to be taken as a trail master for the Mustangs. You make some good points though. Thanks

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2005, 11:28 AM
I dunno...i am not trying to butt heads with ya...But I sincerely haven't heard any Sweetwater folks say we were gonna win by 20+....I just don't think we talk like that...Now, I'm not talking about a kid at the library on here...I mean serious football fans.
How's this one? Oh, and maybe it's possible that the boasting you're reading on smoaky is coming from kids at the library. :thinking:

Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Sweetwater by 20+. The Tatum fans will
be heading towards the exits about the
same time the Lobo fans were.
How's that for an unbiased and under-
confident prediction?

I know. I still can't give Monahans a
break. But, keep in mind I was in the
'85-'89 class. I was a practice dummy
for the Varsity but, that still counts for
something.

I'm not trying to butt heads with you either....just trying to prove a point. I don't recall reading posts that state "insert team here is bigger, faster, uglier and hits harder than our team and we are going to get our butts handed to us". It's hard to judge how two teams match up when one hasn't seen the other play. Fans and players have to have confidence that they will win.

STANG RED
12-06-2005, 11:39 AM
You two, should really kiss and make up now!
This is getting old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S-WtrMustangFan
12-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
Yeah, I read where they hadn't heard of SWW. How can you call yourself a fan of HS Football and never hear of us? I've definetly heard of Tatum. Don't know alot about them though. Their going to get to know alot about Sweetwater come Sat. And then i would like to read there newspaper about some unknown town called Sweetwater beat all those Div. 1 prospects.Go Mustangs !!!! Spread The Red !!!!!

LewP
12-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
How's this one? Oh, and maybe it's possible that the boasting you're reading on smoaky is coming from kids at the library. :thinking:

I'm not trying to butt heads with you either....just trying to prove a point. I don't recall reading posts that state "insert team here is bigger, faster, uglier and hits harder than our team and we are going to get our butts handed to us". It's hard to judge how two teams match up when one hasn't seen the other play. Fans and players have to have confidence that they will win.

Here's my quote from Smoaky:

"Well, I'm from Sweetwater, and in answer to your question, we aren't very good. Actually, Sweetwater is west of Abilene about 40 miles. Out in the middle of now where. We call 4th street the loop it's so small..LOL.
If I were Tatum..I wouldn't even give this game a 2nd thought....we just aren't that good. Frankly, I think we got this far in the playoffs by a 7-11 lottery pick. It sure is nice to meet the good folks of Tatum. I know ya'll are gonna do real good Saturday. It sure is nice to meet some real football fans and we appreciate you letting us on this board to hear about ya'lls Eagles. We sure appreciate it! "

See, I'm giving them their props and having a little fun with it. I think these boards are primarily for information and entertainment. So, sometimes I just try and be entertaining.

Tatum_Fan
12-06-2005, 11:57 AM
From what I understand, Tatum shools do not allow students on smoaky.com during school hours

But it is pretty obvious when posts are made by people that do not have a true understanding of the other team. No, I have never been to Sweetwater nor heard of it until about a week ago - That has nothing to do with the ability of ya'lls football team

Tatum will not underestimate their opponent - period.

To make bold statements that any team will dominate the other this far into the playoffs is ridiculous - regardless of who is the favorite, stranger things have happened.

LewP
12-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Tatum_Fan
From what I understand, Tatum shools do not allow students on smoaky.com during school hours

But it is pretty obvious when posts are made by people that do not have a true understanding of the other team. No, I have never been to Sweetwater nor heard of it until about a week ago - That has nothing to do with the ability of ya'lls football team

To make bold statements that any team will dominate the other this far into the playoffs is ridiculous - regardless of who is the favorite, stranger things have happened.

Tatum Fan....that is the smartest thing I have read today. Congrats to you and the Tatum Eagles...you sound like a true fan of the game!

lostaussie
12-06-2005, 12:16 PM

To make bold statements that any team will dominate the other this far into the playoffs is ridiculous - regardless of who is the favorite, stranger things have happened. another back woods east texas who has a little sense:D

mwynn05
12-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Tatum Fan....that is the smartest thing I have read today. Congrats to you and the Tatum Eagles...you sound like a true fan of the game! You still havent tadmitted Sweetwater fans are doing almost the SAME EXACT THING on this board.

jmcgee
12-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Sweetwater is goin to win by a zillion.:D

LewP
12-06-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
You still havent tadmitted Sweetwater fans are doing almost the SAME EXACT THING on this board.

That's because I don't think they are.

Rabbit'93
12-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Man, how far back in those woods do people live?
About as far back as every homer on this site that makes an assinine comment.

Tatum_Fan
12-06-2005, 02:01 PM
another back woods east texas who has a little sense:D

LOL it's funny that you responded to this...because the Canton/Gilmer game was one of those "stranger things have happened" instances that I was thinking about

STANG RED
12-06-2005, 02:12 PM
LOL it's funny that you responded to this...because the Canton/Gilmer game was one of those "stranger things have happened" instances that I was thinking about

So tell me Tatum_Fan. Do yall have toilet paper out there, or are yall still using tree bark?
We prefer the softer johnson grass out here in West Texas.

Black_Magic
12-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
So tell me Tatum_Fan. Do yall have toilet paper out there, or are yall still using tree bark?
We prefer the softer johnson grass out here in West Texas. Sure they do. Hey Tatum_Fan.... Ask them about how Sweetwater keeps such High TAKS scores..:clap:

STANG RED
12-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Sure they do. Hey Tatum_Fan.... Ask them about how Sweetwater keeps such High TAKS scores..:clap:
BM, my kid graduated from Sweetwater, and got a full ride academic scholarship to college, and is now carrying a 4.0. So I don’t need to justify anything about the Sweetwater school system to you, or anybody else, for that matter.

Black_Magic
12-06-2005, 02:30 PM
BM, my kid graduated from Sweetwater, and got a full ride academic scholarship to college, and is now carrying a 4.0. So I don’t need to justify anything about the Sweetwater school system to you, or anybody else, for that matter. Awsome!!! I love seeing students separate them selves from the pack :clap:

LewP
12-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Sure they do. Hey Tatum_Fan.... Ask them about how Sweetwater keeps such High TAKS scores..:clap:
Looks like Maytag making his presence again..LOL

Phantom Stang
12-06-2005, 02:49 PM
How does such a small school have 5 Div. 1 prospects?
It's gotta be booze,cars,and women, provided by the alumni association!:D

lostaussie
12-06-2005, 02:54 PM
mostly booze and women. we like pickup trucks over here:D

Phantom Stang
12-06-2005, 02:56 PM
lol

STANG RED
12-06-2005, 02:58 PM
mostly booze and women. we like pickup trucks over here:D
Now for the big question.
Power Stroke or Cummins?

lostaussie
12-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Now for the big question.
Power Stroke or Cummins? I don't want to get rommed:D so i will not quote the bumper sticker. lets just say i like fords:D

Sweetwater Red
12-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
It's gotta be booze,cars,and women, provided by the alumni association!:D

Right! How close is Tatum to SMU? Are
any of the kids on the team related to
Chris Webber or Juwon Howard of
fab five fame?

lostaussie
12-06-2005, 03:02 PM
fab five fame? 125 miles give or take a little. i'm confused on the rest?

Butkus
12-06-2005, 03:06 PM
fab five fame?
Uhhhh fab5 went ta univ of michagan.

STANG RED
12-06-2005, 03:08 PM
I don't want to get rommed:D so i will not quote the bumper sticker. lets just say i like fords:D
GOOD ANSWER!
But I have never seen the bumper sticker you are refering to.
Can you PM that to me?

Sweetwater Red
12-06-2005, 03:09 PM
125 miles give or take a little. i'm confused on the rest?
After the fact. It was found out that
Chris Webber recieved $200,000 in cash
and gifts from a "booster". Juwon got
something a little less.

Tatum_Fan
12-06-2005, 03:27 PM
We prefer the softer johnson grass out here in West Texas.

Ya'll are too much

But seriously, we get most of our toilet paper from the clean up crew at Texas Stadium -- you know the leftovers after we whoop the S*** out of our opponents

STANG RED
12-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Ya'll are too much

But seriously, we get most of our toilet paper from the clean up crew at Texas Stadium -- you know the leftovers after we whoop the S*** out of our opponents
EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW! USED TOILET PAPER?
YALL ARE JUST PLAIN GROSS!
THINK I'LL STICK TO JOHNSON GRASS!
I guess we'll see yalls stinkin @$$'s at Texas Stadium.
Yall will be setting on the other side, right?

Tatum_Fan
12-06-2005, 03:35 PM
LOL....I guess we can both have crusty butts - hopefully, we will have more paper to bring home after this one though:D The tree bark just hurts too much

STANG RED
12-06-2005, 03:47 PM
LOL....I guess we can both have crusty butts - hopefully, we will have more paper to bring home after this one though:D The tree bark just hurts too much
I'll bring ya some west Texas grass and cotton. It's alot easier on ya than that tree bark. After all, I dont think your gonna be takin any toilet paper home with ya.

LewP
12-06-2005, 03:49 PM

Tatum_fan...now you see how sick we really are on this board...i have to compliment you,,,you fit in pretty good..LOL

:D

STANG RED
12-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Tatum_fan...now you see how sick we really are on this board...i have to compliment you,,,you fit in pretty good..LOL

:D
He aint half bad, for one of them danged ole sorry, east Texas boys, is he?

Tatum_Fan
12-06-2005, 04:34 PM
He aint half bad, for one of them danged ole sorry, east Texas boys, is he?

Let's get one thing straight - It's she, girls, and she, respectively :kiss:

as far as the sorry. east Texas part -- I'll be sorry any day, so as long as I'm in East Texas

LewP
12-06-2005, 04:36 PM

as far as the sorry. east Texas part -- I'll be sorry any day, so as long as I'm in East Texas

ewww kinda testy too...I like that inan east texas gal....

LewP
12-06-2005, 04:37 PM
My next question Ms. Tatum fan??? You attached to some east Texas male in some way?????

Tatum_Fan
12-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Yep, one crusty butt, sorry, East Texan

STANG RED
12-06-2005, 04:44 PM

A GIRL?
Dang, I wouldnt have been talking crusty butts with ya, if I'd known you were a girl. Now I'm plumb embarassed.

LewP
12-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Yep, one crusty butt, sorry, East Texan

hahahahahahaahha

and I bet he's from Sweetwater??LOLOL

LewP
12-06-2005, 04:48 PM
A GIRL?
Dang, I wouldnt have been talking crusty butts with ya, if I'd known you were a girl. Now I'm plumb embarassed.

Dang Red...whatcha think Ranger Mom and Maytag are chopped liver??LOL

STANG RED
12-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Dang Red...whatcha think Ranger Mom and Maytag are chopped liver??LOL
No. Their fine as wine. But I knew they were girls from the get go, so I never had a convo with them about butt wippin.

oh well
12-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Sounds like Gilmer in 2004

LewP
12-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by oh well
Sounds like Gilmer in 2004
Yeah..only difference is we won't get blown out like snyder did last year. huh BM?

LewP
12-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Come to think of it...it's after 5 now..Blackie done got in his BMW and left SISD headquarters...didn't do much today Ibet..cept stay on here slinging stuff on the boards.