PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater Mustangs

Rngr06
12-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Even though i am from greenwood, i was sure happy to see them beat Monahans good luck this week and hopefully go get'em at state!

I Bleed Red08
12-05-2005, 11:06 PM
woo hoo Go Stangs Beat Tatum

Ranger Mom
12-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Rngr06
Even though i am from greenwood, i was sure happy to see them beat Monahans good luck this week and hopefully go get'em at state!

So I wasn't the only Ranger Fan going for Sweetwater??

Stownhorse
12-05-2005, 11:26 PM
They still have 2 more to win before the bragging can begin.

WestTXLonghorn
12-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Sweetwater is shaping up (IMHO) to be like the '84-'85 teams.

They start a bunch of underclassmen (2 freshmen on D!!) and their star players are almost all coming back. So, this year they get to the Semis. . .maybe to state. Then next year they for sure come back and take the whole thing.

LewP
12-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
They still have 2 more to win before the bragging can begin.

Let me just say realistitically....why don't we just be concerned THIS week? I've been reading a east Texas board.....lots of info on Tatum.....I hope Coach jackson has a place inside to practice during this cold snap...cause the Stangs are gonna need every minute of practice to get ready for those corn-fed boys in east Texas.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Sweetwater is representing all of West Texas so get to it Mustangs!

Mustangpride09
12-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by LewP
Let me just say realistitically....why don't we just be concerned THIS week? I've been reading a east Texas board.....lots of info on Tatum.....I hope Coach jackson has a place inside to practice during this cold snap...cause the Stangs are gonna need every minute of practice to get ready for those corn-fed boys in east Texas.

actually coach sandifer from wylie offered for us to drive down to their indoor facility and practice there.

LewP
12-06-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
actually coach sandifer from wylie offered for us to drive down to their indoor facility and practice there.

Well, that was a super nice gesture!

Thanks to Coach Sandifer! :clap:

Adidas410s
12-06-2005, 01:04 AM
Well, that was a super nice gesture!

Thanks to Coach Sandifer! :clap:

yeah I was about to say I bet they show up at the Doghouse. I remember when Shipley was a freshman at Rotan, they came and practiced at the Doghouse before going to play on turf in Dallas...same thing with Roscoe a few years back and when Aspermont made a run to the finals in 1A before dropping down. When Wylie is done...any Big Country team that is left pretty much has an open invite to use the facility to prepare for a game

LewP
12-06-2005, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
yeah I was about to say I bet they show up at the Doghouse. I remember when Shipley was a freshman at Rotan, they came and practiced at the Doghouse before going to play on turf in Dallas...same thing with Roscoe a few years back and when Aspermont made a run to the finals in 1A before dropping down. When Wylie is done...any Big Country team that is left pretty much has an open invite to use the facility to prepare for a game

Well, it's pretty plain to see why Coach Sandifer is the President of the Texas Coaches Assoc. And I sincerely mean that. Like I say, that's a nice gesture, hopefully the Stangs will take advantage of.

Whsdogs
12-06-2005, 01:18 AM
im sure they will..i seen several teams use the DH while it was freezing cold outside...coach Sandifer is a great guy and represents very well of how wylie really is...we arent all the snobby stuck up people some might think ;)

mustang04
12-06-2005, 01:21 AM
coach sandifer let us practice in the doghouse my junior year right before we lost to greenwood in the playoffs....he is an AWESOME guy!

Adidas410s
12-06-2005, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
coach sandifer let us practice in the doghouse my junior year right before we lost to greenwood in the playoffs....he is an AWESOME guy!

here's to things turning out better this time around!!!! :D

mustang04
12-06-2005, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
here's to things turning out better this time around!!!! :D

i HOPE so!!!

Whsdogs
12-06-2005, 01:25 AM
haha yah...dont jinx our dog house reggie!!...nah im jk :D

LewP
12-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
haha yah...dont jinx our dog house reggie!!...nah im jk :D

Heck, I was gonna say the same thing about the Mustangs...LOLOL

Rainman
12-06-2005, 01:53 AM
GO BIG RED

TigerPride
12-06-2005, 08:52 AM

What east Texas board did you find info on tatum ?

WTF-82
12-06-2005, 09:08 AM
I will be there cheering for the stangs

LewP
12-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by TigerPride
What east Texas board did you find info on tatum ?

www.smoaky.com

But be advised Tiger Pride, anyone west of the Brazos is not as athletic as east texas...LOL

STANG RED
12-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Sweetwater is shaping up (IMHO) to be like the '84-'85 teams.

They start a bunch of underclassmen (2 freshmen on D!!) and their star players are almost all coming back. So, this year they get to the Semis. . .maybe to state. Then next year they for sure come back and take the whole thing.
I've been thinking the same thing, but didnt want to say it out load. I'm still hoping for the best this year. With just a little bit of luck, I still think we have a good shot this year.

lostaussie
12-06-2005, 09:19 AM
to get ready for those corn-fed boys in east Texas. that's funny, cause that's what we call ya'll.:D

Da Mules
12-06-2005, 09:22 AM
you Mustangs should get Coach Sandifer to put a 6-foot high hump running down the middle of the Doghouse so you can get the feel of Texas Stadium. (Anything for a friend, right? :D )
That hump will affect your passing game considerably.

LewP
12-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
that's funny, cause that's what we call ya'll.:D

LOL...it's funny how the same term is given to different areas of the state huh? I got hooked on that description initially when talking about Nebraska when they played any Texas teams.

LewP
12-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09

Happy Birthday Mustangpride09!!!!!

:clap:

WitchyWoman
12-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Da Mules
you Mustangs should get Coach Sandifer to put a 6-foot high hump running down the middle of the Doghouse so you can get the feel of Texas Stadium. (Anything for a friend, right? :D )
That hump will affect your passing game considerably.

When the Tigers played last year at Texas Stadium. That's exactly what our boys said... They felt like they were on Mars all our passes were short or long it was just unbelievable what the grade of the field does to eye perspective. :(

jmcgee
12-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Da Mules
That hump will affect your passing game considerably. We dont have a passing game.

jmcgee
12-06-2005, 10:02 AM
www.smoaky.com

But be advised Tiger Pride, anyone west of the Brazos is not as athletic as east texas...LOL just visited that site and apparently we have lost already cause we are too small, lost to wylie, and we haven't seen speed like tatums.

mustangsince87
12-06-2005, 10:11 AM
ok tatum isnt that big they're just fast but then so are we but then again so are we just not every single player. tatum is smaller than iowa park and we defeated them so size shouldnt be too much of a problem in this size doesnt matter its gonna come down to the team who plays with the bigges heart and is fixed on winning and moving on to the state championship

LewP
12-06-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
just visited that site and apparently we have lost already cause we are too small, lost to wylie, and we haven't seen speed like tatums.

Yep, additionally McGee......they aren't aware we played a lot of the year with injuries. Oh well, small details shouldn't matter huh?

WestTXLonghorn
12-06-2005, 10:17 AM
I justed wanted to say one thing. . .seein' McGee's sig with the pic of the Mustang bowl. . .

I wish they'd just do the damn thing and put in seats all the way around! We'd get every freaking playoff game imaginable and it'd be like "The 'Shoe" or "The Big House" of Texas High School Football. I mean you could prolly pack 30,000 or so in there, right? Man. . .that would be so sweet.

jmcgee
12-06-2005, 10:19 AM
I justed wanted to say one thing. . .seein' McGee's sig with the pic of the Mustang bowl. . .

I wish they'd just do the damn thing and put in seats all the way around! We'd get every freaking playoff game imaginable and it'd be like "The 'Shoe" or "The Big House" of Texas High School Football. I mean you could prolly pack 30,000 or so in there, right? Man. . .that would be so sweet. yeah it would be alot.

LewP
12-06-2005, 10:21 AM

I wish they'd just do the damn thing and put in seats all the way around! We'd get every freaking playoff game imaginable and it'd be like "The 'Shoe" or "The Big House" of Texas High School Football. I mean you could prolly pack 30,000 or so in there, right? Man. . .that would be so sweet.

Ya know Longhorn...I bet that happens one day..I really do...at some point the powers that be will go "hmmmmm if we put more seats in they will come" :thinking:

Butkus
12-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by mustangsince87
ok tatum isnt that big they're just fast but then so are we but then again so are we just not every single player. tatum is smaller than iowa park and we defeated them so size shouldnt be too much of a problem in this size doesnt matter its gonna come down to the team who plays with the bigges heart and is fixed on winning and moving on to the state championship
Easy youngun slow down and take a breath. Ya make a good point there its just hard for some of these folks to cipher.

WestTXLonghorn
12-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Yep. I mean heck, S'Water was a Wal-Mart now so they're movin' up in the world.

My old man helped set up a lot of the Bowl renovations with the turf for free since his company does construction work like that. He told me back then that they were seriously considering installing a tunnel to go back to the fieldhouse.

Prolly just a fancy rumor, but I'd hate to see "the steps" go.

jmcgee
12-06-2005, 10:35 AM

My old man helped set up a lot of the Bowl renovations with the turf for free since his company does construction work like that. He told me back then that they were seriously considering installing a tunnel to go back to the fieldhouse.

Prolly just a fancy rumor, but I'd hate to see "the steps" go. Yeah You have to leave the steps Its part of the tradition.

LewP
12-06-2005, 10:38 AM

Longhorn, that's the first thing we have disagreed on. I think a tunnel would be awesome.

LewP
12-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
Yeah You have to leave the steps Its part of the tradition.

So was the Ramp.....

Tweeder215
12-06-2005, 01:40 PM

No, not just a fancy rumor. It nearly happened and I know your old man. He was fixing to go up there and less than an hour before he showed up they called and had changed their mind. I'm kinda glad though. I like the steps but a tunnel beside the steps would be awesome, say in the Northwest corner.

keenoace
12-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Why not just put the tunnel going up to the steps

DU_stud04
12-07-2005, 06:07 AM
yea a tunnel would be awesome, but then again the whole "51" wouldnt be there....and we cant have mayes singin a song without them all there......but from the side does sound like a good idea:thumbsup:

S-WtrMustangFan
12-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Yea i want a tunnel,seat's going all around the bowl,and fireworks that shoot out of the flagpoles at the north end of the bowl evertime the Mustang's score.Thank you Santa.From your friend S-WtrMustangFan.(P.S)Oh Yea !!! I almost forgot.And a state championship.Go Mustangs !!!! Spread The Red !!!!

Curly
12-07-2005, 09:34 AM
So was the Ramp.....

The Ramp my hind end
The 70's down years when the Mustangs couldn't beat anyone - is when they came down the Ramp

Times change - Sweetwater should never ever return to those days of coming down the ramp

get over it Lew