PDA

View Full Version : Predictions on Wimberley v. La Vernia

Dagwood
11-10-2003, 05:32 PM
I think that Wimberley is going to have to play the best game they have played all year. They beat them earlier in the season with the last second interception but LV had a couple of touchdowns called back because of penalties. I think that this game can go either way depending on who wants it more and who plays a smarter game.

BigChamp05
11-10-2003, 06:00 PM
I think La Vernia will be fired up becuase they don't want to get embarassed like last year.

texan59
11-10-2003, 08:12 PM
i agree with chris dagwood this game could go either way but we beat them once well shal beat them again wimberley finally has every one 100% our defince has come together finally and is playing very well when they try the la vernia offince is a very good match up but we will get it going and will not be beatin this game will be a very big grudge match and should b one of the games of the week cant wait

wimberyley 35 la vernia 21

bulldogvet85
11-10-2003, 08:30 PM
I dont know its hard for me to say wether or not we are going to see a close game or not. Wimberley has come a long from the beging of the season and I like some of the things that they can do defensive wise. La vernia isnt as strong as they used to be in years past. they still have higginbotham who is doing pretty good. I think though out of La Vernia's district they are the ones that have the real chance of making it to the second round. I still think though that wimberley will walk away with a win in this one.

Wimberley 35 Lavernia 21

BulldogGrl64
11-11-2003, 11:01 AM
Wimberley and LaVernia both have strong teams this year, so it's hard to predict which team could possibly come out on top. Both teams stand a really good chance of winning. When it comes down to it, it's a matter of who wants the win more and who is willing to fight to the last second. But for the sake of picking a team, I'm going to go with LaVernia only because I feel that they could possibly pull it off against the Texans.

LaVernia 35 Wimberley 24

Texan007
11-11-2003, 11:24 AM
I have seen the Texans play in all 10 games this year and if they decide to play 48 minutes of football then they will be ok. The teams are pretty evenly matched so it will come down to who makes the least mistakes. The offense seems to be back on track since the 2nd half of the Bandera game so we should be able to score on La Vernia. The Wimberley defense will be the key.

Wimberley 34 La Vernia 29

Big on discipline II
11-11-2003, 01:11 PM
Realistically, can eather one of these teams beat Rice Cons. in the 2nd round??

bulldogvet85
11-11-2003, 01:24 PM
Big on discipline II:
Realistically, can eather one of these teams beat Rice Cons. in the 2nd round??what does that matter right now? i think they were asking about who would win between wimberley and La vernia. Just to answer your question yes I think wimberley has a good chance at beating rice cons. but i think if they make it past the second round thats were it will stop.

Big on discipline II
11-11-2003, 02:07 PM
Bulldog, thank you for your reply. I know that we shouldn't look ahead to next week. I was just trying to get a sense of how strong/weak region 4 is. What teams do you feel are the strongest in Region 4?

bulldogvet85
11-11-2003, 02:18 PM
Well its really hard to say for me right now cuz there are some strong teams in region 4. i mean cuz you have yoakum whos having a good season, Hondo i'm not to sure about, wimberley is stronger then when they started Rice is defenitley strong and west oso and orange grove as well so its really hard to say who the strongest is in the region we may now after the first round who is the best prolly but its hard to look ahead. because you have some games in the first round that are balanced and that are very unbalanced. we could even see some upsets in the first round on that region 4 there is no telling we should know more after the first round.

texan59
11-11-2003, 07:46 PM
wimberley and la vernia is a very good match up we played and beat them by 2 points the first time on there home field this game will come down to the last few minutes wimberley has shown that there can come through in the clutch the biggest factor is if wimberley comes to play 48 minutes of hard football. la vernia is picked to win so the wimberley texans will come out fired up and there will be nothing to lose

34 21 "wimberley"