PDA

View Full Version : Is Texas gonna use this weapon next year?

NewYorkYankee
12-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Jordan Shipley FL 6-0 184 12/23/1985 FR* Burnet, TX (Burnet HS)

I sure hope they do....Billy Pittman,Limas Sweed,Jordan Shipley Vince Young Romance Taylor Jamal Charles....soo many offensive weapons....Texas is gonna be TOUGH next year...

sinton66
12-05-2005, 10:05 PM
I would love it if they spring him in the NC. USC wouldn't be expecting that.;)

whtfbplaya
12-05-2005, 10:13 PM
Wouldnt that use up a year in 3 hr

sinton66
12-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Might be worth it if it helps win a NC.

WestTXLonghorn
12-05-2005, 10:17 PM
I thought you got so many games to play while redshirted or on IR. . .

Oh well, USC doesn't have a good enough secondary to cover Pittman, Sweed, Cosby, and Carter. We don't need Shipley.

SpreadtheRed
12-05-2005, 10:40 PM
That was a dumb*** comment. Reggie Bush and USC will kill Texas.

sinton66
12-05-2005, 10:46 PM
How many points you willing to give? If they're gonna "kill" Texas, seems like you might be offering 30 or so.

KTJ
12-05-2005, 11:07 PM
1.) Jorday Shipley will not play.

2.) He hasn't played one down in college football so saying he would be a weapon is a bit out there.

3.) Right now, Limas, Billy, and Quan are doing just fine.

4.) Even if Jorday was healthy, he wouldn't start over Limas and Billy.

5.) I hope he get 100% well soon. It's kinda sad to see him on the sidelines with no pads on.

whtfbplaya
12-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

2.) He hasn't played one down in college football so saying he would be a weapon is a bit out there.

5.) I hope he get 100% well soon. It's kinda sad to see him on the sidelines with no pads on.

:clap:

Old Tiger
12-05-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

5.) I hope he get 100% well soon. It's kinda sad to see him on the sidelines with no pads on. I tend to agree but I don't think i woulf of said it that way.

NewYorkYankee
12-05-2005, 11:14 PM
Well seeing as Stephen McGee Jordan Shipleys QB from Burnet performed decently against the Horns and knowing that Jordan Shipley is more athletic and talented than him I would have to say that Shipley WILL make an impact if and ever he gets healty...and I think he can make a starting spot at the #3 spot.....Jordan Shipley was a BEAST in Burnet and a big reason as to why they had much of their success...Billy Pittman played for a 3A as well in Cameron Yoe but I didnt hear his name as much as Shipley...just my opinion though...

KTJ
12-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I tend to agree but I don't think i woulf of said it that way.

You didn't like my numbering system?

It's a better way to say something than having to type a long paragraph.

Plus, it wasn't mean, if that's what you're implying.

Old Tiger
12-05-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by NewYorkYankee
Well seeing as Stephen McGee Jordan Shipleys QB from Burnet performed decently against the Horns and knowing that Jordan Shipley is more athletic and talented than him I would have to say that Shipley WILL make an impact if and ever he gets healty...and I think he can make a starting spot at the #3 spot.....Jordan Shipley was a BEAST in Burnet and a big reason as to why they had much of their success...Billy Pittman played for a 3A as well in Cameron Yoe but I didnt hear his name as much as Shipley...just my opinion though... You can't compare people who play two different positions like that ;)

NewYorkYankee
12-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Well I already did..haha...but nah I do think he will be a weapon I mean even the NCAA games had Shipley starting so they must have known something there....Shipley in my eyes is a definite Top 2 starting receiver for any D1 college.....

sinton66
12-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

I din't mean get a start instead of, I meant in addition to.;)

WestTXLonghorn
12-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Not as bad as we killed the Red Raiders!:)

Seriously, USC has gotten by because they play in the Pac-10 where defense is unheard of. They haven't played dominant football all year until Saturday's game against UCLA. A team that gave up 50 point to freaking Arizona.

Texas has the 2nd overall offense right behind USC. Texas' defense however is vastly superior to USC's.

Also, USC has everything to lose while Texas doesn't. All the pressure is on USC to perform up to their hype and celebrity status. VY and Co. just have to come in loose and have fun. I've already got my tickets and my return trip to Pasadena is planned. Have fun at the Cotton Bowl!