PDA

View Full Version : I May Ruffle Some Manes But......

WitchyWoman
12-05-2005, 10:50 AM
I was really taken aback by the Player from Sweetwater after he made a 4th quarter TD...

He did the entire NFL scenario, pulling his helmet off as he was coming out of the endzone, kissing the tips of his fingers, pointing to the sky, and then continued to run down the back of his sideline closest to the stands not the field side of his team mates, being slapped on the rear and chest butted by his coaches... The PAT was in the process of being kicked without much interest. Mind you this was not the winning TD, Sweetwater was already ahead. But even if it had been the winning/game changing TD I thought this was excessive...

He is a great athlete but there are other boys on that field that helped him get that TD, and I (imho) thought it was a little grandiose on his part.

LewP
12-05-2005, 10:58 AM
I guess the kid was excited.

http://blogs.scripps.com/abil/Sweetwater/Sky1.jpg

WitchyWoman
12-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by LewP
I guess the kid was excited.

As I stated in IMOHO it was a bit much... being excited is great. I just felt he was grand standing a little. I know that if any of our boys had pulled their helmets off coming out of the endzone like that our Coaching Staff would have nailed them.

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by WitchyWoman
As I stated in IMOHO it was a bit much... being excited is great.
I agree, there should never be a reason to lose class, regardless of the excitement. Just MHO, as well.

LewP
12-05-2005, 11:11 AM
2nd post of the day..LOL

It all starts again....

I like this board. It's consistent!

whtfbplaya
12-05-2005, 11:11 AM
I know that if any of our boys had pulled their helmets off coming out of the endzone like that our Coaching Staff would have nailed them.

Great for your coaches!:D

WitchyWoman
12-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I agree, there should never be a reason to lose class, regardless of the excitement. Just MHO, as well.

DITTO.........

LewP
12-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya

DITTO............

WitchyWoman
12-05-2005, 11:14 AM

I think so... it's a TEAM sport. NOT a SINGLES match.

gobblergolf
I agree, class should be held in the highest regard. In Cuero we were always taught when you do something good, Act like you've been there before. This leads back to my favorite quote, "God opposses the proud, but gives grace to the humble."

sweetwater07
believe me he appreciates his blockers.....i believe the guy you are talking about was skye..#22

TigerPride
12-05-2005, 11:15 AM
I see your point witchy woman, but this was a BIG game for both side. I was only in the stands, and i got wrapped up in the game, these are just kids give'em a break.

WitchyWoman
12-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
believe me he appreciates his blockers.....i believe the guy you are talking about was skye..#22

No I'm not talking about that particular player and I'm not going to name the player. If you were at the game, you could not have missed it.

Bubba-Joe
12-05-2005, 11:17 AM
oh my
Witchy Woman
or Black Magic

tisk tisk tisk

Ranger Mom
12-05-2005, 11:17 AM
No I'm not talking about that particular player and I'm not going to name the player. If you were at the game, you could not have missed it.

LOL!! Well......I did (dang it)!!

WitchyWoman
12-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by gobblergolf
I agree, class should be held in the highest regard. In Cuero we were always taught when you do something good, Act like you've been there before. This leads back to my favorite quote, "God opposses the proud, but gives grace to the humble."

I completely agree.

Yes TigerPride it was an exciting game, I was also in the Stands. I'm just stating my opinion and how I felt about it. They are kids like you are.... But integrity is part of the game. I'm sure this student is a great kid, I just didn't feel that all his actions were necessary... Jumping up and down in the endzone and high fiving your team mates is one thing... But running down the line waiting on accolades is entirely another.

jmcgee
12-05-2005, 11:22 AM
I saw one #3 during the game when he scored one of his tds pointing toward the sky but that was it. If that was what your talkin about then whats wrong with that. Just given a little thanks to you know who.

LewP
12-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Well.....

I think some touchdown celebrations are excessive. But I also understand we are talking about kids here.

Apparantly, (and I didn't see the celebration) it wasn't too excessive, or the refs would have penalized the player and team.

I think the overall theme here is just being a little nit-picky.

That's understandable when you expect greatness. I'm sure if it was excessive to the extent of causing a penealty, someone will mention it.

WitchyWoman
12-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
I saw one #3 during the game when he scored one of his tds pointing toward the sky but that was it. If that was what your talkin about then whats wrong with that. Just given a little thanks to you know who.

Giving thanks to you know who... was not the excessiveness I was speaking of.

LewP they couldn't give a penalty for what went on. The player rolled out of the endzone, then proceeded whith the behavior listed at the beginning of this thread.

LewP
12-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong WW (and I'm sure you will) but I think the refs can give a penalty just about any where on the field of play or off the field of play once the game offically starts.

jmcgee
12-05-2005, 11:29 AM
I didnt see the kissing of thetips of his fingers either I guess I was paying more attention to extra point than the sidelines. Unlike some people.:D

Butkus
12-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong WW (and I'm sure you will) but I think the refs can give a penalty just about any where on the field of play or off the field of play once the game offically starts.

Ok not witch woman but if you had been there you would know they were setting up for the xtra pt when this happened. it happened between the bench and the stands so the refs prolly didnt see it. Dont comment if ya wernt there loopy.

WitchyWoman
12-05-2005, 11:37 AM
You asked for it you got it.... The Refs may not have seen this display due to the fact that the Player ran down the back side of his team mates closer to the stands... Since the PAT was being attempted I'm sure the REFS were watching that as they should have been!

Black_Magic
12-05-2005, 11:38 AM
As I stated in IMOHO it was a bit much... being excited is great. I just felt he was grand standing a little. I know that if any of our boys had pulled their helmets off coming out of the endzone like that our Coaching Staff would have nailed them. It cant suprise you Can it?? have you forgoten the classy stunt after the Snyder Vs Sweetwater game on the 50? nobody said thats was classless so who do you think will say it is now??

LewP
12-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
Ok not witch woman but if you had been there you would know they were setting up for the xtra pt when this happened. it happened between the bench and the stands so the refs prolly didnt see it. Dont comment if ya wernt there loopy.

That's ok Butkus...I'll be seeing the game THIS week. Then I can come on here and be the authority.

Butkus
12-05-2005, 11:41 AM
That's ok Butkus...I'll be seeing the game THIS week. Then I can come on here and be the authority.
Well alright mr mustang gets to finally attend a game.

LewP
12-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
It cant suprise you Can it?? have you forgoten the classy stunt after the Snyder Vs Sweetwater game on the 50? nobody said thats was classless so who do you think will say it is now??

Aaaaaah Black magic...i wondered when you would enter the fray...

How's that prediction again? Monahans by 10-14?????

Black_Magic
12-05-2005, 11:44 AM
Aaaaaah Black magic...i wondered when you would enter the fray...

How's that prediction again? Monahans by 10-14?????

http://blogs.scripps.com/abil/Sweetwater/Sky1.jpg hard to beat a team when you turn the ball over like thye did..:rolleyes: Merry Christmas..

jmcgee
12-05-2005, 11:44 AM
It cant suprise you Can it?? have you forgoten the classy stunt after the Snyder Vs Sweetwater game on the 50? nobody said thats was classless so who do you think will say it is now?? Hey yeah What time does monahans play saturday.O h wait we beat monahans. I just assumed they won even though I watched the game because BM Said they would.

LewP
12-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Well alright mr mustang gets to finally attend a game.

Yes I will!!! Too bad you can't see your team there.

Butkus
2nd post of the day..LOL

It all starts again....

And what do ya mean by this.

jmcgee
Well alright mr mustang gets to finally attend a game. What happened to your hick accent

whtfbplaya
12-05-2005, 11:47 AM
wow this is getting good!:clap:

Butkus
12-05-2005, 11:48 AM

well loopy wrong again my team played and won friday nite. oh wait you were too busy posting to do any reading. i have seen and rooted for the mustangs in person more than you have for several years so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

LewP
12-05-2005, 11:48 AM
And what do ya mean by this.

Try reading the thread Butkus.....

Butkus
12-05-2005, 11:49 AM
What happened to your hick accent
well mr mcgee i can articulate better ya like that we i dont feel too good.

LewP
12-05-2005, 11:49 AM
well loopy wrong again my team played and won friday nite. oh wait you were too busy posting to do any reading. i have seen and rooted for the mustangs in person more than you have for several years so put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Butkus...i have T-shirts your age...so put that in your pipe and stuff it!

Butkus
12-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Try reading the thread Butkus.....
well duh loopy i did that why i ask.

jmcgee
12-05-2005, 11:51 AM
well mr mcgee i can articulate better ya like that we i dont feel too good. Yeah thats better.

LewP
well duh loopy i did that why i ask.

Well duh Butkus...then you should know...

Maybe you haven't mastered the art of reading then...duh....

Butkus
Butkus...i have T-shirts your age...so put that in your pipe and stuff it!
well loopy once again ya dont know bean about nutting. dat better mcgee.

Butkus
12-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Yeah thats better.
thanx i like ya i like ya alot.

whtfbplaya
:clap:

LewP
well loopy once again ya dont know bean about nutting. dat better mcgee.

Sure I do....
But then...your the one with no clue.

jmcgee
well loopy once again ya dont know bean about nutting. dat better mcgee. Gettin lots better ole butkus.

Butkus
12-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Well duh Butkus...then you should know...

Maybe you haven't mastered the art of reading then...duh....
once again loopy i know ya like the mustangs and ya dont know i do so read somemore.

Butkus
12-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Gettin lots better ole butkus.
thanx again ole loopy starten ta make me feel better and better.

etbu
12-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Good point WW. I told my son as we were watching a nfl game and asked Junior never to act in such a BUSH manner. You make a tackle in the NFL now and a broadway presentation. Make the tackle and help the other player up. Or if you make a catch or carry the ball be NICE and give the ball back to the REF. :D

WitchyWoman
12-05-2005, 11:59 AM
Nice .............. Standards hold em high you never know who's watching...

LewP
12-05-2005, 12:00 PM
thanx again ole loopy starten ta make me feel better and better.
I guess if gettin on here and starting crap makes you feel better..then congrats.

There is always somebody saying something to try and takeaway from the Mustangs. Congrats on making fans fight and getting people upset.

I still say, the KIDS should be proud of their accomplishments. You want to diminish that go ahead...i think it's sorry.

whtfbplaya
12-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by etbu
Make the tackle and help the other player up.

No, No, No kick hem when hes down.:evilgrin: :evillaugh

WitchyWoman
12-05-2005, 12:02 PM

Speaking of reading or knowing how... I don't know where you missed the fact that Butkus IS A MUSTANG!!!

Butkus
12-05-2005, 12:02 PM
2nd post of the day..LOL

It all starts again....

i think it started here loopy. i take nothing away from the mustangs look around what i told on nuke dukem about them stangs and there speed and ya would know where ole butkus stands.

jmcgee
12-05-2005, 12:03 PM
I think it is too. If you thought the player had no class then maybe you should have stayed after the game and witnesed what went on after. There was great respect for both teams on the feild that night.

LewP
12-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Speaking of reading or knowing how... I don't know where you missed the fact that Butkus IS A MUSTANG!!!
He certainly doesn't sound like one. And by the way WW, thanks for getting us kicked off this morning. I think your name should be MAYTAG cause you always get things stirred up.

Butkus
12-05-2005, 12:04 PM
thanx there pretty lady i looked thru those nockulars to see ya at the mg didnt see ya thoug.

jmcgee
12-05-2005, 12:04 PM
Oh my goodddddneessss TORNADO!!!!!!!

keenoace
12-05-2005, 12:05 PM
I completely agree.

Yes TigerPride it was an exciting game, I was also in the Stands. I'm just stating my opinion and how I felt about it. They are kids like you are.... But integrity is part of the game. I'm sure this student is a great kid, I just didn't feel that all his actions were necessary... Jumping up and down in the endzone and high fiving your team mates is one thing... But running down the line waiting on accolades is entirely another.

We were playing New Mexico Junior College in a conference baseball game, it was a close all game long, and this guy hit a homerun and when he reached home there was only one guy at the plate, and it was the guy next to bat. Now one came out and dog-piled on top of him. He went to the dug out slapped hands and then it was over. I thought it was the coolest most intimadating thing I have ever seen. That homerun even won the game for them. Even though it pulled them ahead, they never stopped playing the game, they stilled played as if it was 0-0.

whtfbplaya
12-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Oh my goodddddneessss TORNADO!!!!!!!

LOL

jmcgee
12-05-2005, 12:06 PM
Practice sirens just went off First monday of the month.

Butkus
12-05-2005, 12:06 PM
I think it is too. If you thought the player had no class then maybe you should have stayed after the game and witnesed what went on after. There was great respect for both teams on the feild that night.
ole butkus likes that mcgee i thought when that youngster got hurt and all those ole football players on both teams took them helmets off and took a knee was classy and both sides got quite as a church mice as well.

etbu
12-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Who is kicking your team around? You won the game so what up? Just stating a fact about kids and their behavior on the field. Is being a good sport such a bad thing? By the way happy for your team and good luck in your next one.

lostaussie
12-05-2005, 12:08 PM
wow, what did i miss:D

LewP
12-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Who is kicking your team around? You won the game so what up? Just stating a fact about kids and their behavior on the field. Is being a good sport such a bad thing? By the way happy for your team and good luck in your next one.

Thanks ETBU...I appreciate it....

I'm just tired of taking crap from people who won't give my Mustangs the dad gum credit they so deperatly deserve...I'm sick and tired of it!!!!!! Dang geeze give us one day will ya????

mustang84
12-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Well I dont post on here much but you guys and gals make much out of nothing. I know the kid you are talking about and he was just very excited after being shut down all night, that he got to score two touchdowns in a row . Give the kid a break he is one of best kids around .This kids helps get everyone pumped for the games and thanks them all for their hard work when the game is over.Give it a break he did nothing anyother kid would not do.

whtfbplaya
12-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
wow, what did i miss:D

everything

jmcgee
wow, what did i miss:D A tornado for one!

etbu
Did you guys win state in track last year?

jmcgee
12-05-2005, 12:11 PM
A tornado for one! Ahhh there it goes again!!

whtfbplaya
Originally posted by mustang84
Well I dont post on here much but you guys and gals make much out of nothing. I know the kid you are talking about and he was just very excited after being shut down all night, that he got to score two touchdowns in a row . Give the kid a break he is one of best kids around .This kids helps get everyone pumped for the games and thanks them all for their hard work when the game is over.Give it a break he did nothing anyother kid would not do.

I would not go so far as to say the last sentence, but everything else sounds good.

jmcgee
Did you guys win state in track last year? 2nd behind Cuero

WitchyWoman
12-05-2005, 12:13 PM

Please read my post.......... In no where did I state, the player had no class.......... I SAID I felt in MOHO he was excessive and was grand standing some........ read it right Jmcgee.

etbu
12-05-2005, 12:13 PM
2nd behind Cuero

Thats strong: You guys have a good followlng and wish we here in Huffman had your problems. LOL Your playing when alot of us are just coming out watching. You must have some pretty good players and Coaches.

rockdale80
12-05-2005, 12:15 PM

I'm just tired of taking crap from people who won't give my Mustangs the dad gum credit they so deperatly deserve...I'm sick and tired of it!!!!!! Dang geeze give us one day will ya????

I think desperately deserve is a big stretch. You have 9 trillion people on here everyday reminding everyone how untouchable Sweetwater is. I know that is an exaggeration, but I know I read atleast 5-10 posts a day about how good sweetwater is. :thinking:

WitchyWoman
12-05-2005, 12:17 PM

LEW I know you are not talking about me in this post.... I have supported the STANGS since The TIGERS were out, so back up buddy. Because you are wrong, this thread is not knocking the STANGS I'm simply stating my opinion about the actions of one player. They made me feel uncomfortable and slightly embarassed for him. In no place do I knock the STANGS! Thank you!

jmcgee
12-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I agree, there should never be a reason to lose class, regardless of the excitement. Just MHO, as well. Sorry WW thought you said this.

LewP
12-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Thats strong: You guys have a good followlng and wish we here in Huffman had your problems. LOL Your playing when alot of us are just coming out watching. You must have some pretty good players and Coaches.
ETBU.....Let me just say this please.

I am so proud of our players and coaches.
Heck, the head coach got his 100th win, and in an interview that was on the radio (I didn't have to be there to hear it) he diverted all the credit to his coaches and players. He wouldn't take ANY credit.

The kids....what can I say about these kids...played most of the games this season with 3-4 1st team players hurt (including Wylie and Snyder) and still didn't ask for any sympathy nor did they use anything as an excuse. Just a fine organization from top to bottom. Coach Jackson is the finest example to these kids.

mustang68
12-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I think desperately deserve is a big stretch. You have 9 trillion people on here everyday reminding everyone how untouchable Sweetwater is. I know that is an exaggeration, but I know I read atleast 5-10 posts a day about how good sweetwater is. :thinking:

It has been right so far>:p :p :p

rockdale80
12-05-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by mustang68
It has been right so far>:p :p :p

Never said it wasnt ;)

jmcgee
12-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I think desperately deserve is a big stretch. You have 9 trillion people on here everyday reminding everyone how untouchable Sweetwater is. I know that is an exaggeration, but I know I read atleast 5-10 posts a day about how good sweetwater is. :thinking: Rockdale80 you know what? Sweetwater is good.:D

Phantom Stang
12-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Hey Witchy!!
Looky what I found unlocked!!:D

Butkus
12-06-2005, 04:23 PM
uh oh here we go agin.

LewP
12-06-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Hey Witchy!!

Ohhh geeeze...where is Maytag??? Here we go....

WitchyWoman
12-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Hey Witchy!!

You are my heroooooooo!!! gggiiiggglllleee gggiiiggglleee snort!
Where are all my combatants!!! :D

mustang04
12-06-2005, 04:27 PM
hard to beat a team when you turn the ball over like thye did..:rolleyes: Merry Christmas.. kinda like wylie..eh!

and i cant believe we are getting lessons about "class" from a guy who has "GO! FIGHT! CHEAT! WIN!" as his sig...

WitchyWoman
12-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Ohhh geeeze...where is Maytag??? Here we go....

I'm here arm yourselves "Engarde" Defend yourself!!!

Butkus
12-06-2005, 04:33 PM
I'm here arm yourselves "Engarde" Defend yourself!!!
Go gitum pretty lady i got yur back.

Gobbler Fan
12-06-2005, 04:34 PM
You can do it !:D

lostaussie
12-06-2005, 05:23 PM
i thought this was closed:D

WitchyWoman
12-06-2005, 05:28 PM
i thought this was closed:D

Weeeeelllll Lostaussie, you KNOW that everyone is AGAINST Sweetwater just ask LOOPY......... :D

OH THE POWERS THAT BEEEEEEE:inlove:

WitchyWoman
12-06-2005, 05:34 PM
:cool:

LewP
12-06-2005, 05:55 PM
Maytag posting a smile to keep the thread active...:D

smustangs
12-06-2005, 06:03 PM
you all kill me i didnt see the "celebration" but its ok for someon to have an opinion

and o ya rockdale80 sweetwater is very good haha sry

Black_Magic
12-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
kinda like wylie..eh!

and i cant believe we are getting lessons about "class" from a guy who has "GO! FIGHT! CHEAT! WIN!" as his sig... Sweetwater needs to look at my sig and use that motto for the taks test.... LOL
Not really but that was funny..:clap:

LewP
12-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Sweetwater needs to look at my sig and use that motto for the taks test.... LOL
Not really but that was funny..:clap:

no, it wasn't funny either....

Snyder needs to find a decent football team...that kid ya'll recruited last year to walk in from New Mexico and give his dad a job ....that was lame.

smustangs
12-06-2005, 06:10 PM
ouch i think you just opened a can of worms

LewP
12-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
ouch i think you just opened a can of worms

well, ol blackie been slinging stuff all day...bout time he gets it back.

WestTXLonghorn
12-06-2005, 07:50 PM
That's just part of what you get with Batman. He's a tough competitor and he loves playing the game, so he's going to celebrate some when he starts taking over.

I'm cool with basically whatever they do as long as it doesn't slow the game up, and more importantly doesn't belittle the other team.

If he IS going to be celebrating tho, he needs to find something more original. Every other damn player points to the sky like they and the J-man are tight even tho they've never stepped inside a church.:)

whtfbplaya
12-06-2005, 08:46 PM
:clap: :D

LewP
12-06-2005, 08:50 PM
:clap: :D

Hey...Playa..Happy Birthday dude!

Sweetwater Red
12-06-2005, 09:04 PM

Snyder needs to find a decent football team...that kid ya'll recruited last year to walk in from New Mexico and give his dad a job ....that was lame.

Actually, it was Arizona. I hear he is at SMU now. I doubt they
gave his dad a job so the kid would play there. They still
haven't recovered from the "Death Penalty" the NCAA handed
down to them in the 80's. So, that would be insane.

Butkus
12-06-2005, 09:20 PM

thats a pretty low blow there loopy plus dont be starting stuff if ya dont know yur facts.

WestTXLonghorn
12-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Maybe Snyder has gotten better, but they were always punks back when I played. They were still in 4A but we scrimmaged them both my Junior and Senior year. Both years I had a defensive lineman jerking my facemask around, trying to knock me in the family jewels, and just plain being lame. So, I just put them on their rears and laughed because I knew Snyder stunk and couldn't wait to drop to 3A.

Then, I go back a few years ago to watch Snyder and Sweetwater play @ Snyder. Snyder wins in OT and after the game they start ringing that damn church bell or whatever like they'd just won the Super Bowl. Snyder fans talking trash to us the whole way out, etc. and so forth. So for anyone from Snyder to talk about someone from another town being "classless" is just a joke.

Butkus
12-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Maybe Snyder has gotten better, but they were always punks back when I played. They were still in 4A but we scrimmaged them both my Junior and Senior year. Both years I had a defensive lineman jerking my facemask around, trying to knock me in the family jewels, and just plain being lame. So, I just put them on their rears and laughed because I knew Snyder stunk and couldn't wait to drop to 3A.

Then, I go back a few years ago to watch Snyder and Sweetwater play @ Snyder. Snyder wins in OT and after the game they start ringing that damn church bell or whatever like they'd just won the Super Bowl. Snyder fans talking trash to us the whole way out, etc. and so forth. So for anyone from Snyder to talk about someone from another town being "classless" is just a joke.
huhhhhhhhhhhh

WestTXLonghorn
12-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Went back and WW said she "wasn't" saying he had no class, just that he was showboating.

He wasn't. I know the kid and if he wanted to showboat you'd get a lot more than fingers to the sky. Plus Coach J. would prolly rip him a new one if he did go overboard.

Bullaholic
12-06-2005, 09:56 PM

Talk about a Black_Magic magnet.......Round 100,000 coming right up.

etbu
12-06-2005, 09:57 PM
I guess if gettin on here and starting crap makes you feel better..then congrats.

There is always somebody saying something to try and takeaway from the Mustangs. Congrats on making fans fight and getting people upset.

I still say, the KIDS should be proud of their accomplishments. You want to diminish that go ahead...i think it's sorry.

Hey LewP when did this start up again?

Butkus
12-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Went back and WW said she "wasn't" saying he had no class, just that he was showboating.

He wasn't. I know the kid and if he wanted to showboat you'd get a lot more than fingers to the sky. Plus Coach J. would prolly rip him a new one if he did go overboard.
Hey no prob there that pretty lady can fight her own fight thought ya wuz referin to ole butkus post bout that walker boy. if ole loopy would take the time and have red the paper he jus mite no the real story.

shadow13
12-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
believe me he appreciates his blockers.....i believe the guy you are talking about was skye..#22 I was wondering how long it would take before 1 of the mustangs loyal fans bring up # 22 SKYE GREEN, I swear you would think Skye played for SNYDER by the way he gets treated in his own backyard. It's fans like you ,that make me feel like, SKYE is the 1 who's going to really make it......THANKS!

LewP
12-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
I was wondering how long it would take before 1 of the mustangs loyal fans bring up # 22 SKYE GREEN, I swear you would think Skye played for SNYDER by the way he gets treated in his own backyard. It's fans like you ,that make me feel like, SKYE is the 1 who's going to really make it......THANKS!

Oh come on Ms. Shadow.....that was a pretty hard statement. Far as I know, I haven't heard anyone but brag on Skye and that's the truth. Maybe you are reading too much of these boards and are forgetting who Skye's friends and fans are?

shadow13
12-07-2005, 01:26 AM
Oh come on Ms. Shadow.....that was a pretty hard statement. Far as I know, I haven't heard anyone but brag on Skye and that's the truth. Maybe you are reading too much of these boards and are forgetting who Skye's friends and fans are?

http://blogs.scripps.com/abil/Sweetwater/Sky1.jpg I wasn't talking about people on this board ,i was mainly talking about people around town....they know who they are! but we do have 1 or2 who get on these boards that are haters! That statement was for those few to spread the word to the ones who do not get on here.

22 Frostie's
12-07-2005, 01:37 AM
Well face it in a small town a few of the athletes will get more attention and maybe treated differently then the others. Not saying its right or wrong, its just what happens. Just as it did with Carillo in 01 and 02. Talented player and the town talked about him alot. Just happens.

whtfbplaya
12-07-2005, 02:58 AM
:D

shadow13
12-07-2005, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by 22 Frostie's
Well face it in a small town a few of the athletes will get more attention and maybe treated differently then the others. Not saying its right or wrong, its just what happens. Just as it did with Carillo in 01 and 02. Talented player and the town talked about him alot. Just happens. yeah you're right,you just have to take all the negatives and make positives at of them

S-WtrMustangFan
12-07-2005, 11:31 AM
If the player did this on the sideline i don't see the harm in it.Maybe he was trying to get his team & the fans pumped up.

zeus63
12-07-2005, 12:33 PM
From a Monahans fan perspective:

The kid was excited. They were winning a big ballgame and he was trying to get the crowd into it. Wouldn't you have celebrated a little? Remember, these are high school BOYS hyped up on adrenaline. I didn't really think anything of it, to tell the truth. So, I really don't see what the big deal is. Football is supposed to be exciting and if we totally keep our kids from celebrating when they do something good, how can we expect them to get exicted about anything. It's not like he went and spiked the ball on the Monahans sideline or anything he did it on his sideline behind the team. My advice, let them be KIDS and have their fun.