PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill Question

olddawggreen
12-05-2005, 09:57 AM
I recently heard a rumor that because of the growth in the Liberty Hill School District and the work currently being done a couple of large developments located in the district which will come online in the near future, that even though Liberty Hill should make the 3A cut on 06, they could possibly bypass 4A alltogether and jump to 5A the next time around. I was told that this was all based on the current high growth rate being caused by the steady movement of people moving to the district from Austin, Round Rock, ect., and was also based on the new developments being fully built out in the next several years. Anything to this?

Man I would hate to see this happen, but considering that I have seen it happen to a number of small school districts in Williamson County in the past, Im sure it is just a matter of time. but I would hate to see it happen too soon.

LH Panther Mom
12-05-2005, 10:07 AM
Well, you've heard more than I have. :) I know back when we had the original bond election in May, there were projected numbers for overall ISD growth, but I can't recall what they were. I can't imagine that it would be rapid enough for us to completely skip an entire classification, though. If it is, we're in for some major problems with space to educate that many.

KTJ
12-05-2005, 10:14 AM
I don't know that LH would possibly grow upwards of 1,000 new high school students in 2 years.

But with the amount of people moving into this area lately, anything is possible.

scrub c
12-05-2005, 10:14 AM
seems like Southlake Carrol had something like that happen.

Went from 3A to 5A in two alignments... (I think they were 4A for two years only)

District303aPastPlayer
12-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by scrub c

Went from 3A to 5A in two alignments... (I think they were 4A for two years only)

first thing to pop into my head when i read the first post on this thread

mwynn05
12-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by scrub c

Went from 3A to 5A in two alignments... (I think they were 4A for two years only) more like 6 years

LH OffseasonVet
12-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, you've heard more than I have. :) I know back when we had the original bond election in May, there were projected numbers for overall ISD growth, but I can't recall what they were. I can't imagine that it would be rapid enough for us to completely skip an entire classification, though. If it is, we're in for some major problems with space to educate that many.

LHPM,
I took a look at those numbers when they came out, and I remember that the growth rates looked a little high. The were even higher than what we experienced from 1998-2002, when Austin was booming. Things have slowed down since then and now it will pick up, but IMO not that much. In short those numbers look high. However, I could be wrong look at what has happened to Leander ISD, they've just added Vista Ridge and are in the process of building another HS! You only need a map to see where this growth is headed. LH and Hutto will soon be 4A (I would guess 2 years for Hutto, 4 for LH), and Williamson County may not have any 3A schools for a couple years. Only time will tell.

olddawggreen
12-05-2005, 12:22 PM
It would be crazy, but its happened before. All its takes is a number of large subdivisions to be built out in a school district to bump the numbers up. Unfortantly, Liberty Hill has become a bedroom community for Austin, Round Rock, Georgetown and all points in between. Its not a bad commute from the Liberty Hill area to those locations and the housing cost are considerably more affordable in LH. I have heard that a lot of Burnet Countys growth is coming from that south east Burnet County area which joins the Liberty Hill School District. Who knows, we may see Bertram get their High School back in the next 10 years. I guess when I see them break ground in Oatmeal on a new school, I will have to move to Llano (did I really say that? No Way!). Well maybe Alpine.

:eek: :eek:

LH OffseasonVet
12-05-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Well maybe Alpine.

:eek: :eek:

You would be safe there! I wonder when the last time Alpine got a Subdivision. 19never?

hornfan
12-05-2005, 04:08 PM
im sure llano would love to have you