PDA

View Full Version : How depressing

injuredinmelee
12-05-2005, 08:52 AM
is it when you realize there are only two weeks of High School football left. I had given up on professional football years ago and I used to itch for college and high school to start. Now I get in a fever pitch when high school is getting ready to begin. College I just sort fo suffered through this year not including my Horns. They have me so jacked up about the National Championship game that this year might not be so bad but come on we have to wait 30 more days!

LewP
12-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
is it when you realize there are only two weeks of High School football left. I had given up on professional football years ago and I used to itch for college and high school to start. Now I get in a fever pitch when high school is getting ready to begin. College I just sort fo suffered through this year not including my Horns. They have me so jacked up about the National Championship game that this year might not be so bad but come on we have to wait 30 more days!

Hey Injured,
That's why I think there are so many Bowl surprises..the players are having to wait so long to play again. I am no player or coach, but I bet it's difficult keeping a "game edge" after being off for a month and then playing the biggest game of the year. By the way, I don't think USC's defense is near as good as Texas'.
Good luck to the Horns.

http://blogs.scripps.com/abil/Sweetwater/PonyExpress1.jpg

injuredinmelee
12-05-2005, 09:11 AM
Their defense hasn't stopped anyone all year long. I think texas has to many weapons for USC. If anyone defensively is gonna stop the USC attack it is gonna be Texas. Reggie wont run away from any of the UT secondary guys and he will get hit. I remember when Reggie announced his college choice on ESPN and it was down to USC, Texas, and someone else i cant remember. I wish he was in burnt orange.

injuredinmelee
12-05-2005, 09:12 AM
oh yeah I almost forgot...

GO BIG RED!!!

Phil C
12-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Be encouraged! We will have basketball season coming up. And then softball and baseball and track among other sports so be encouraged!

hata_hurta06
12-05-2005, 09:43 AM
yep

Ranger Mom
12-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Be encouraged! We will have basketball season coming up. And then softball and baseball and track among other sports so be encouraged!

and don't forget American Idol!!!:D

injuredinmelee
12-05-2005, 09:50 AM
I would rather watch Chinese Torture Artist pull my finger and toe nails out one by one and pour everclear on the wounds than watch American Idol. The outtakes of the tryouts is almost acceptable, ALMOST. The Bachelor and Big Brother also go in that category.

Ranger Mom
12-05-2005, 09:53 AM
I would rather watch Chinese Torture Artist pull my finger and toe nails out one by one and pour everclear on the wounds than watch American Idol. The outtakes of the tryouts is almost acceptable, ALMOST. The Bachelor and Big Brother also go in that category.

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

DaHop72
12-05-2005, 10:19 AM
I would rather watch Chinese Torture Artist pull my finger and toe nails out one by one and pour everclear on the wounds than watch American Idol. The outtakes of the tryouts is almost acceptable, ALMOST. The Bachelor and Big Brother also go in that category. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

handNthedirt
12-05-2005, 10:29 AM
I would rather watch Chinese Torture Artist pull my finger and toe nails out one by one and pour everclear on the wounds than watch........

..............Thump Thump.

LewP
12-05-2005, 10:40 AM
I actually tried out for the show "Survivor" back a couple of years ago.

It was fun. there was a guy standing in line in front of me that had a bowl of goldfish..after about an hour of standing in line to get taped..I had to ask why he brought the goldfish. His response? He was going to eat the gold fish while being taped to show how good of a survivor he was. I told him wrong show...

After I finally got my turn in front of the camera, the question was, "Why would I be a good survivor" and had 3 minutes to explain all the reasons why...(The deal was to get noticed by the producers). It seemed like I talked forever, my military experience, my college and life experiences, seemed like I talked forever. After i finished taping, I asked how long did I speak? The answer? 30 seconds...LOLOL

http://blogs.scripps.com/abil/Sweetwater/Sky1.jpg