PDA

View Full Version : Former Cuero Coach passes away

gobblergolf
12-05-2005, 12:42 AM
One of the greatest men I ever knew passed today. Coach Glass is a former coach of Cuero and many other schools. He was known to be a great coach, but to me he was just an all around gentlemen. I most notably remember him for always attending our high school golf tournaments after he had retired. No matter the distance or weather, you could count on Coach Glass and Mrs. Glass to be there in full support. I can still remember the day we gave him a signed golf hat from our State team in '04 and the pride you could see in his eyes. But, I want it to be known that it was us that took in pride in him. We fully appreciate all that he did in support of our teams. I have honestly never met a nicer man in my life and he will always be the type of person I aspire to be. We love you coach glass and will see you again someday in that fairway in the sky!

GreenGobbla
12-05-2005, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by gobblergolf
One of the greatest men I ever knew passed today. Coach Glass is a former coach of Cuero and many other schools. He was known to be a great coach, but to me he was just an all around gentlemen. I most notably remember him for always attending our high school golf tournaments after he had retired. No matter the distance or weather, you could count on Coach Glass and Mrs. Glass to be there in full support. I can still remember the day we gave him a signed golf hat from our State team in '04 and the pride you could see in his eyes. But, I want it to be known that it was us that took in pride in him. We fully appreciate all that he did in support of our teams. I have honestly never met a nicer man in my life and he will always be the type of person I aspire to be. We love you coach glass and will see you again someday in that fairway in the sky!

well said gobblergolf....i remember the at every golf tournament no matter what he was there.....you will missed greatly coach glass.....

gobblergreen
12-05-2005, 08:41 AM
Well said boys, your testament to Coach Glass shows just the kind of man he was... a good man, a strong supporter of Gobbler golf always with a smile on his face. He will be greatly missed.

44INAROW
12-05-2005, 09:23 AM
I was going to say something but you guys did such a good job that all I can say is We'll miss you Coach Glass :(

Old Tiger
12-05-2005, 10:19 AM
RIP

gobbler grad
12-05-2005, 10:24 AM
He will be truly missed at any Gobbler sporting event...He loved those kids like they were his own...we will miss you Coach Glass

schu1213
12-05-2005, 11:04 AM
He will be greatly missed by everyone that he has ever come in contact with. It has been a great priviage to get to know such a great man. He taught me so much about becoming a leader and someone who people would look to on the football field, which also has helped me off the field just as much. I truly appreciate everything he has ever done for me and I will never forget any of it.

Gobbla2001
12-05-2005, 01:24 PM
The only bad thing about Coach Glass was that he waited until my senior year to come coach in Cuero... He always reminded us that he wanted to come to Cuero so he could 'cut into the big hog', only gave him 9-2 that year, but he had fun...

I remember when we were scrimmaging Rice Consolidated that year, we were breaking out of our after practice huddle and he came up to it and said "What come's out of a China-man's butt?"... we kinda looked around like "What is he talking about?"... he said "Rice"... so we used that the rest of the week when we broke out of our huddles...

I also remember coming into the locker-room before practice one day a lot of the guys were kinda standing/sitting around him... went over there and started listening to what was going on... they were talking about a article about him in the Victoria Advocate that day... he said his picture was in there, I asked "What for? What were you doing"... he dropped back, got into his best "muscle-man" pose and said "I was doing this...... naked"... he had a great sense of humor...

was an all-around great guy, I used to make fun of the way he said "Right there", he always said it "Right Cher"... he kicked me in the butt a couple of times for it, but he enjoyed it...

Great man, he will for sure be missed...