PDA

View Full Version : Cuero vs Hutto

hutex04
12-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Lets stop the smack and lets talk some stats. Who is gonna win this one. What are the weaknesses. Who is the home team? Let it begin

wannabgobbler08
12-04-2005, 11:56 PM
Huttos weakness is their speed compared to Cuero's speed!! Speed kills!!! Ask LH Panther Mom!

hutex04
12-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Marlin and Bridge City said the same thing

hutex04
12-05-2005, 12:02 AM
I really dont know anything about Cuero. I know they are balanced and they are fast. So we will see how it all plays out. I hope for a competitive game and may the best team win. I'm sure Hutto will go in with the power I and pound the ball and keep it out of Cueros hands. safe travels

schu1213
12-05-2005, 12:03 AM
Marlin and Bridge City arnt Cuero are they?

hutex04
12-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Hutto aint Liberty Hill now are they? You compare us to Liberty Hill, ill compare yall to Marlin and bridge city

UTSAstudent
12-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by hutex04
I really dont know anything about Cuero. I know they are balanced and they are fast. So we will see how it all plays out. I hope for a competitive game and may the best team win. I'm sure Hutto will go in with the power I and pound the ball and keep it out of Cueros hands. safe travels

hutto can do what they want....but i bet cuero has something for them.....

hutex04
12-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Yeah Cuero has a very well coached team. I'm sure they will have a good game plan

UTSAstudent
12-05-2005, 12:06 AM
Yeah Cuero has a very well coached team. I'm sure they will have a good game plan

your right....and if you really think hutto can hang with cuero, then..................im not sure.......they cant

hutex04
12-05-2005, 12:09 AM
You dont win Region 3 and be considered weak. Hutto has never lost a game by more than 9pts this year. So I look for it to be a competitive game. If you cannot keep an open mind to that, than thats fine. We will see Saturday how it all plays out. But if Cuero wins, i hope they win state. Cause ive actually always been a Cuero observer and have great respect for them. They are a true texas highschool powerhouse

schu1213
12-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Guys hold on, i take back everything i said about this being a real game, im not too sure it will be. I Cuero takes their qb out of the game(and i dont mean hurt him) and takes the game by 30+.

hutex04
12-05-2005, 12:11 AM
I dont wanna talk smack just wanted to talk about weaknesses and gameplans but i guess all yall want to talk about is Hutto having no chance in this game.

UTSAstudent
12-05-2005, 12:13 AM
You dont win Region 3 and be considered weak. Hutto has never lost a game by more than 9pts this year. So I look for it to be a competitive game. If you cannot keep an open mind to that, than thats fine. We will see Saturday how it all plays out. But if Cuero wins, i hope they win state. Cause ive actually always been a Cuero observer and have great respect for them. They are a true texas highschool powerhouse

okay....i agree....this will be a good game, but has hutto played any team with the defense like cuero's.....this will be a good game with cuero on top 42-21

hutex04
12-05-2005, 12:16 AM
good prediction, I really dont wanna make a prediction but i made one earlier. Hutto 26-Cuero 22
Run offense wares Cuero D. That is my prediction. But Your prediction can come true also. Just depends what happens. I mean wh would have thought Floriday stat would beat Virginia Tech yesterday. Safe travels to both teams

Mustangpride09
12-05-2005, 05:52 AM
as i stated in the poll thread. Hutto was underestimated and the under dog in every other playoff game this year. I think they just flat out want it more. I say hutto wins because that simple fact.

gobblergolf
12-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Nobody wants it more than the Cuero Gobblers and thats a fact. After losing a game in the State Championship last year that was well within reach, making a return trip and bringing home the 'Ship is all that has been on the minds of many in our community. So, trust me, Hutto will not win based on their will to win. They will need much more than that to pull this upset, and to be honest, it aint happening!

44INAROW
12-05-2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
. I think they just flat out want it more.

I am curious as to what you base this statement on......

briefcase
12-05-2005, 09:33 AM
I believe Huttto wins in a close one, and I don't think it's an upset either.

theyoefnshow
12-05-2005, 10:19 AM
I haven't been on the board in a while (even before the game against teh Hippos) but I will say, YES they outplayed Cameron in pretty much every sense of the game. However, their QB Kerley was in on every score. If you remove Kerley, they are going to be in trouble. Kind of like Cameron when they didn't have Derrick Evans. Kind of like Bridge City who was without their superstart QB. Kinda like Marlin who had Jeremy Sanders @ 60% or so which, by the way that was a 1 td game. The only team Hutto has played @ 100% was Rice & they took the Hippos to the limit and nearly won. Cuero (as far as I know) is 100% and as much as I want a state champion from D19, it's not gonna happen. Cameron would not have fared any better against Cuero so don't take it as sour grapes, just a fact. Good luck to both Hutto & Cuero. Hopefully Hutto is able to pull it out but I think Cuero is going to be too much. They decimated Liberty Hill and Wimberly was only able to put 23 on them. Cuero nearly doubled that. Yikes.

Cardinalbb
12-05-2005, 11:07 AM
I agree. Whoever won region III would of and most probably is going down to Cuero.

gobbler grad
12-05-2005, 11:53 AM
First of all, Hutto has come a long way since round 1...I saw them play Rice and I think Rice should of won that game, they did have several players that got hurt and one hauled off in ambulance...kinda changed their game plan and Hutto took advantage of it...was very impressed with #84 (Knapp), very big man at wide receiver that game and had several key catches on 3rd and long that help them stay in that game...
Onto this past Sat. night against Cameron, Hutto was a totally different ball club...the QB had a great game and directed those guys to victory...very impressed how they shut them down...Hutto does pack some big lineman on offense, but don't think they will wear our defense down...our defense is so very quick, it will be an interesting match-up...good luck to both teams and hope everyone plays injury- free...
Cuero will be ready mentally and physically on Sat . night and they want this game just as bad as anybody...

GO MEAN GREEN...

gobblergolf
12-05-2005, 11:59 AM
Your exactly right gobbler grad. The boys will be ready and it should be a good game. Reeve will have a game plan ready and the Gobblers will execute it to perfection as they have for so long now. The D will in no way be intimidated by that Hutto line and it will be a hard fought and hard hitting game. I'm looking forward to it and I think if and when the Gobblers contain that qb, the game will be easily in hand!

chugbug
12-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Well I did not think that Hutto would beat Rice, Marlin,Bridgecity and Cameron, but they did. Cuero needs to not take them lightly. The Hippos are for real. I know that Coach Reeve is a great coach and he would not let that happen. Should be a good game. Go Gobblers.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

3ABirdMan
12-05-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
.... However, their QB Kerley was in on every score. If you remove Kerley, they are going to be in trouble. Kind of like Cameron when they didn't have Derrick Evans. Kind of like Bridge City who was without their superstart QB. Kinda like Marlin who had Jeremy Sanders @ 60% or so which, by the way that was a 1 td game. The only team Hutto has played @ 100% was Rice & they took the Hippos to the limit and nearly won. Cuero (as far as I know) is 100% and as much as I want a state champion from D19, it's not gonna happen. Cameron would not have fared any better against Cuero so don't take it as sour grapes, just a fact......

Very good take on things, show.

FIRST - No sour grapes here from BC, either! Hutto beat the BC team that walked out on the field, they competed and deserved the win, and I don't respect that WIN for Hutto.

Had the BC team Hutto faced (without Dishon) played our District games, we probably would not have gotten to the playoffs. Hutto did not see the same BC team everyone else had seen year-to-date. I know injuries are part of the game. We had one. We paid for not having the depth at a skill position. But don't assume because you (Hutto) won that game convincingly that you got Cuerro. I really believe, and it dosn't count for anything other than my opinion, that BC WITH Dishon would have handled Hutto or Cameron, no offense intended. BC WITH Dishon would not have handled Cuerro. I think we could have made it interesting, but it would have been an uphill battle.

I'm not trying to start a fued, just pointing out a perspective, and agreeing with show. I wish Hutto the best.

But, you know, then again, there is a reason the games ARE played.:thinking:

Best of luck to the Hippo's! You're making BC look good, and I appreciate that.

gobblerfan02
12-05-2005, 03:09 PM
This game is GOING to be played!!!!!
And both teams have a chance to win and anything could happen! I'll give the nod to Cuero (predicted a score earlier!)! I personally think the Gobblers speed will be the factor in this game! If our D line can handle Hutto's O line, then the game could be over after the first quarter!

Old Tiger
12-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
I haven't been on the board in a while (even before the game against teh Hippos) but I will say, YES they outplayed Cameron in pretty much every sense of the game. However, their QB Kerley was in on every score. If you remove Kerley, they are going to be in trouble. Kind of like Cameron when they didn't have Derrick Evans. Kind of like Bridge City who was without their superstart QB. Kinda like Marlin who had Jeremy Sanders @ 60% or so which, by the way that was a 1 td game. The only team Hutto has played @ 100% was Rice & they took the Hippos to the limit and nearly won. Cuero (as far as I know) is 100% and as much as I want a state champion from D19, it's not gonna happen. Cameron would not have fared any better against Cuero so don't take it as sour grapes, just a fact. Good luck to both Hutto & Cuero. Hopefully Hutto is able to pull it out but I think Cuero is going to be too much. They decimated Liberty Hill and Wimberly was only able to put 23 on them. Cuero nearly doubled that. Yikes. I think Yoe/Hutto game even with Evans in the lineup saturday would be the same result but different score

Cardinalbb
12-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
Very good take on things, show.

FIRST - No sour grapes here from BC, either! Hutto beat the BC team that walked out on the field, they competed and deserved the win, and I don't respect that WIN for Hutto.

Had the BC team Hutto faced (without Dishon) played our District games, we probably would not have gotten to the playoffs. Hutto did not see the same BC team everyone else had seen year-to-date. I know injuries are part of the game. We had one. We paid for not having the depth at a skill position. But don't assume because you (Hutto) won that game convincingly that you got Cuerro. I really believe, and it dosn't count for anything other than my opinion, that BC WITH Dishon would have handled Hutto or Cameron, no offense intended. BC WITH Dishon would not have handled Cuerro. I think we could have made it interesting, but it would have been an uphill battle.

I'm not trying to start a fued, just pointing out a perspective, and agreeing with show. I wish Hutto the best.

But, you know, then again, there is a reason the games ARE played.:thinking:

Best of luck to the Hippo's! You're making BC look good, and I appreciate that.

3A,it would have been a very uphill battle. Even with Dishon, BC would have been dominated by Cuero, just as Cuero will dominate Hutto. "So let it be said....So let it be written"

un b weavable
12-05-2005, 04:37 PM
I think Hutto will be able to match up better with Cuero than the other teams have so far, but it still won't be enough. Cuero by at least 14.

ILS1
12-05-2005, 05:27 PM
I haven't been on the board in a while (even before the game against teh Hippos) but I will say, YES they outplayed Cameron in pretty much every sense of the game. However, their QB Kerley was in on every score. If you remove Kerley, they are going to be in trouble. Kind of like Cameron when they didn't have Derrick Evans. Kind of like Bridge City who was without their superstart QB. Kinda like Marlin who had Jeremy Sanders @ 60% or so which, by the way that was a 1 td game. The only team Hutto has played @ 100% was Rice & they took the Hippos to the limit and nearly won. Cuero (as far as I know) is 100% and as much as I want a state champion from D19, it's not gonna happen. Cameron would not have fared any better against Cuero so don't take it as sour grapes, just a fact. Good luck to both Hutto & Cuero. Hopefully Hutto is able to pull it out but I think Cuero is going to be too much. They decimated Liberty Hill and Wimberly was only able to put 23 on them. Cuero nearly doubled that. Yikes.

Against Cameron (Part I) Jeremy Kerley was maybe 50% healthy and the Yoe only won by 4. Against Cameron (Part II) Jeremy Kerley only rushed for 2 TD's and passed for another. Jerrick Gauthier ran for 2 scores. But Jeremy did hand it off to him,so you can consider it a HAND in all the scoring. :D Not even with a healthy Evans,Cameron still wouldn't have won. Hutto just wanted it more!!! As for Bridge City,they couldn't stop Hutto defensively,so with or without Dishon,I think it would have been closer but the Hippos still would have won. Against Rice,QB Kerley only played about 2 1/2 quarters because he re-injured his ankle in the very first series of the game. He came back in late 2nd Qtr still hobbling. We also lost our starting fullback to an ACL injury during this game. But you don't hear us crying about it. Injuries happen,all you can do is deal with it. Marlin's Sanders played great despite a hurt shoulder. His legs gave Hutto more problems than his arm. I saw the Cuero/LH game. I was impressed with them. No offense to LH,but the 1st half they had the 'deer in the headlights look' against Cuero. They were in awe but they came back in the 3rd Qtr and had a 8 min. 18 play drive against Cuero that put them back on the scoreboard. They missed Kocuiba badly!! Even if he played I still think Cuero would have won but not so handily though. That's what Hutto plans to do is keep the ball out of Cuero's offense by sustaining long drives. By pounding their D-line with their huge O-line. I still think it will be closer than everyone thinks. To me,it's no shame to lose to a great team like Cuero because they have gone a whole lot further than EVERYONE expected. Hutto has been the underdog in every game and this week will not be any different. Good luck to both teams. May they stay healthy and safe.

:D

BIFF
12-05-2005, 05:31 PM
a voice of reason

AP Panther Fan
12-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
That's what Hutto plans to do is keep the ball out of Cuero's offense by sustaining long drives.

Cuero's defense is pretty good at forcing the turnovers....may or may not happen, but if it does....they don't waste many opportunities :) (jmho)

KingRob
12-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Cuero just too powerful. Cuero will win!
Survey says:

Cuero - 35
Hutto - 13

LET'S GO CUERO!!

hutex04
12-05-2005, 08:28 PM
"To me,it's no shame to lose to a great team like Cuero because they have gone a whole lot further than EVERYONE expected. Hutto has been the underdog in every game and this week will not be any different. Good luck to both teams. May they stay healthy and safe."

ILS1 you make it sound like we will settle for a moral victory. Dont be suttle. Respect the opponent but expect to win :)

gobbler grad
12-05-2005, 08:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hutex04
[B]"To me,it's no shame to lose to a great team like Cuero because they have gone a whole lot further than EVERYONE expected.

not sure who EVERYONE is your talking about, but EVERYONE in Cuero expects us to be playing in the state finals...I guess we just have higher expectations...we have a great coaching staff that the kids trust and respect on a day to day basis...oh, yeah...and a whole lot of TRADITION...we're just like you, we play one game at a time, one week at a time...and this will be one heck of a game...win or lose its been a great ride...

GOOD LUCK GOBBLERS...

ILS1
12-05-2005, 10:14 PM
"To me,it's no shame to lose to a great team like Cuero because they have gone a whole lot further than EVERYONE expected. Hutto has been the underdog in every game and this week will not be any different. Good luck to both teams. May they stay healthy and safe."

ILS1 you make it sound like we will settle for a moral victory. Dont be suttle. Respect the opponent but expect to win :)

No,not all. I was just stating IF they do lose,I won't be sad or mad. I just don't want to hear those people who having been picking us to lose for the past 4,now 5 weeks to say 'I do you so'. Because I don't wanna hear it!! It just seems to sound like a broken record. We're gonna beat ya'll bad!!! Our team is better than yours. We have better athletes and speed. Then we prove them wrong AGAIN. Then come the excuses. If this person or this person was healthy,we would've won. If the ball would've bounce our way. Could've,should've,would've!!! Injuries and bad breaks are part of the game and that's the way the ball bounces sometimes. We've had our share of bad breaks. We just don't whine about it. Put up or shut up!! We're still playing football,while alot of them are bouncing basketballs. When I meant everyone,I meant the so called 'experts'. Hutto was picked to finish 4th in district at the beginning of year. Finishing 4th means no playoffs. Well,guess what? They are 12-2. Finished 2nd in district. Got revenge on our district rivals for the Regional Championship and have won 4 playoff games along the way. I'm just saying the town of Hutto and the Hippo fans should be proud of what they have accomplished this year. They have already gone farther than any Hutto team has since the inception of this playoff format. But their year is not over yet,my friend!! I have nothing but respect for Cuero and their program. That's why I said,it's not a shame IF they lose to a great Cuero team. That's why you will not hear any smack talk from me. But I have enough confidence in Hutto for them to pull out a victory and once again prove the neysayers wrong. Good luck Hippos!!

WestTXLonghorn
12-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Regardless of who wins, that game has the coolest freaking mascots facing each other.

Hippos vs. Gobblers

I'd LOVE to see someone make up one of those T-Shirts with the muscled up mascots facing each other.

hutex04
12-05-2005, 10:46 PM
nicely put ILS1, im out of state working in washington state. But, if we win this game Saturday, im flying down to texas to see the state championship game. Would the state championship game be the following saturday?

HM33
12-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Cuero will score 90% of the time the offence has the ball (est.??) So Hutto will have to keep the ball out of Cuero's hands. I say Cuero by atleast 14 in this one.

DougLomax
12-06-2005, 03:20 AM
Im hoping for a good game as well. Im not sure it will be, but whatever the outcome its a given for an injury-free one. I dont think the Hippos can hang. A lot of people have been picking against the Gobblers. I guess the only way you can justify that is by making it more exciting for yourself by cheering for the underdogs. Cuero by 20+. Good Luck to both teams!

dutchman
12-06-2005, 06:55 AM
Marlin and Bridge City said the same thing

Might want to keep this between Hutto and Cuero. Marlin is not playing and has nothing to do with the conversation. If you want to talk smack then keep Marlin in the mix whether Hutto won or not. Enough said.

cdlvj
12-06-2005, 08:55 AM
Having seen both teams play, would have to say that Cuero will probably win because of their speed. Although have to cheer for Hutto.
Go District 19AAA.

cdlvj
12-06-2005, 09:08 AM
nicely put ILS1, im out of state working in washington state. But, if we win this game Saturday, im flying down to texas to see the state championship game. Would the state championship game be the following saturday?

All depends on coin toss, as it could be Friday night. If Tatum or Sweetwater (whoever wins) gets the call, then more than likely Texas Stadium, and Friday because Sat may be taken - all depends.

Now if Cuero/Hutto winner gets the toss, they will probably try for Bryan or Waco. Mac Brown keeps the HS out of UT Memorial.

HM33
12-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Last school that played in UT Memorial was the team that Ricky Williams played on. :)

ILS1
12-06-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by HM33
Last school that played in UT Memorial was the team that Ricky Williams played on. :)

You mean Cedric Benson and Midland Lee against Austin Westlake. Ricky William played HS ball in San Diego,Ca.

HM33
12-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Yes yes. I got confused :P....

gobblerfan02
12-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Cuero wins this one in fashion, the Hutto Offense can't keep up!

gobbler93
12-06-2005, 03:06 PM
I don't know if everybody's been watching the same team i've been watching, but we've been blowing teams out every week when we step on the field. We' been on pace to score 100 points in these past playoff games, instead we put in second string in to show a little class. Hutto couldn't even beat Liberty Hill, how do they expect to knock off the #1 team in the state. LIBERTY HILL GET REAL! The only reason yall beat Cameron Yoe was because their star player broke his ankle. Cuero wins big again. We are not #1 for nothing! ::cool: Cuero 42 Hutto 10

HM33
12-06-2005, 03:41 PM
I don't know about all of that ^^^ but, Hutto has to be decent to make it this far. I'm not saying they will blow Cuero out of the water (I know it won't happen), but to be this far in playoffs you have to have a decent team. I don't think they match up to Cuero as good as it takes to win. I still am picking Cuero by 14+ atleast. These boys simply know how to win.

Highschoolfan78
12-06-2005, 03:47 PM
This just in.. I just made the best sandwitch in the world with ham and pepperjack cheese. In other news, Cuero wins this one 14 + as stated before, but it will be a close game.

44INAROW
12-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
This just in.. I just made the best sandwitch in the world with ham and pepperjack cheese.

That does sound good.. Mr44 and I went to Longhorn for lunch and they had Hamburger Steak with Queso and Jalapenos..... that was pretty tasty too oh and

GO MEAN GREEN :) GO MEAN GREEN :) GO MEAN GREEN :) GO MEAN GREEN :)

cjeffsjeep
12-06-2005, 04:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/cjeffsjeep/hippoface.jpg

VS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/cjeffsjeep/gobblerC.gif

Such a pretty pink lol

Gobbler Fan
12-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Doesnt it just bring out the eyes :evillaugh

CenTexSports
12-06-2005, 04:38 PM
In the battle of mascots, my money is on the Hippos.

cjeffsjeep
12-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Doesnt it just bring out the eyes :evillaugh

it sure does i didnt see that the first time i looked at it

LH Panther Mom
12-06-2005, 04:46 PM
It's my understanding that there will be a few guys sporting purple letter jackets at the game. Ya'll treat 'em nice. :)

marlin fan
12-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It's my understanding that there will be a few guys sporting purple letter jackets at the game. Ya'll treat 'em nice. :) as long as they dont sit by T and District30pastplayer they will be fine!!!

GreenGobbla
12-06-2005, 04:53 PM
i do think hutto might be decent i mean they did get this far but they got lucky in some of their games from what i heard...like players getting hurt on the other teams...cuero is 100% so i dont think hutto has a chance...i pick cuero 42-21...go gobblers

slyder
12-06-2005, 05:34 PM
the only time cuero doesn't score is in the second half when the coach calls the dogs off. we could of scored a whole lot more on liberty hill but their offense held on to the ball a long time and we called off the dogs (i.e. ran the clock out) if the hippos can keep the ball away from us and score when they have the ball then it will be a close game. we really have a lot of speed. yes more than you have seen all year hutto. i hear yall are really big so that could hurt us. it could be a really close game. good luck to both.

KingRob
12-06-2005, 05:56 PM
I know I've said before, but I'll say it again.....Cuero is just too powerful.

Cuero - 35
Hutto- 14

It aint gonna be preddy.....

LET'S GO CUERO!!

DougLomax
12-06-2005, 06:40 PM
A lot of things would have to go right for Hutto, and even more go wrong for Cuero. Then Hutto stands a fighting chance.

Gobbla2001
12-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Hutto made it out of Region 3 and are in the Division 2 semi-finals... that tells me enough to know that they are a good team deserving of their position to make it to the State Championship game...

They have size, which Cuero has faced... the two games in which Cuero faced a team with more/equal size were Wharton and Llano... Wharton had speed and size, final was Cuero 29-28...

The last time was against Llano... Cuero was up 42-0 at halftime with 21 first downs to Llano's 0, 450+ yards to Llano's 21... So the size stats don't tell me anything... What does tell me something is that Hutto is still alive in the playoffs, having gone against speed and size to get to where they are now...

Just hope the Gobblers can get that record-tying 11th State Championship berth and can make Coach Glass smile from up above...

Go Gobblers... No injuries and a safe trip for all...

KingRob
12-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Hutto made it out of Region 3 and are in the Division 2 semi-finals... that tells me enough to know that they are a good team deserving of their position to make it to the State Championship game...

They have size, which Cuero has faced... the two games in which Cuero faced a team with more/equal size were Wharton and Llano... Wharton had speed and size, final was Cuero 29-28...

The last time was against Llano... Cuero was up 42-0 at halftime with 21 first downs to Llano's 0, 450+ yards to Llano's 21... So the size stats don't tell me anything... What does tell me something is that Hutto is still alive in the playoffs, having gone against speed and size to get to where they are now...

Just hope the Gobblers can get that record-tying 11th State Championship berth and can make Coach Glass smile from up above...

Go Gobblers... No injuries and a safe trip for all...

You got it right...Bring on Hutto, and then Cuero will go from there. Something about Cuero....not bad for a small south texas town...

LET'S GO CUERO!!

schu1213
12-06-2005, 07:00 PM
In the words of lebronfan and stephen a Smith. ITS OVER.

Leopards,class of 75
12-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Cuero 35, Hutto 14, thats my pick on this one!

Gobbla2001
12-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
In the words of lebronfan and stephen a Smith. ITS OVER.

Damn, Smith was wrong about the Spurs last year :(

Hope they're right though...

schu1213
12-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Oh dont worry they are cause i feel the same way and we all know that we dont have to worry about me being wrong.
;)

Gobbla2001
12-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by schu1213
Oh dont worry they are cause i feel the same way and we all know that we dont have to worry about me being wrong.
;)

Well hell, you have done great in the picks as well as on the field last year, so I am confident in that...

May be tougher than we think, though...

gobblerfan02
12-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
You got it right...Bring on Hutto, and then Cuero will go from there. Something about Cuero....not bad for a small south texas town...

LET'S GO CUERO!!

Have you been over seas too long????

Cuero, a decent town.....tell that to those graduating seniors wanting to get out!

Compete/punish
12-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Has anyone else seen the trash talkin goin on in the Texashsfootball website(3A Forum). It's one thing to to talk trash but when you start talkin about hurting other players it becomes personal. This has only pissed off the players even more. #52 for Hutto had better shut his mouth.

DougLomax
12-06-2005, 11:05 PM
Wow, I just went to the site. Jesus there is some mad trash talking going on. A lil makes the game fun, but i agree thats going a lil far. I hope the Gobblers send them hippos a dribblin' into basketball season.

Go Mean Green!

BIFF
12-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Compete/punish
Has anyone else seen the trash talkin goin on in the Texashsfootball website(3A Forum). It's one thing to to talk trash but when you start talkin about hurting other players it becomes personal. This has only pissed off the players even more. #52 for Hutto had better shut his mouth.

I read the posts, #52 has never even been on the board. The guy with 52 in the pic on his sig is related to him somehow. But just to bring things legit, I dont think we need to be calling out players on the board. I think that is a violation of board rules.

maroogreen
12-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Went to check out the other board myself. I'm surprised it was allowed to go on for as long as it did. There were a lot of thinly veiled references to hurting one of Cuero's players. VERY inappropriate. So glad that sort of stuff isn't tolerated on this board. However, I am tempted to print it out for a few select Gobbs to read... Nothing like providing extra motives to an already strong Cuero team.

KingRob
12-07-2005, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Have you been over seas too long????

Cuero, a decent town.....tell that to those graduating seniors wanting to get out!
A decent town for High School football. I didn't say it was one hopping place!:) I graduated from Victoria, and I couldn't wait to get out of there, so I know what you mean.

gobblerfan02
12-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
A decent town for High School football. I didn't say it was one hopping place!:) I graduated from Victoria, and I couldn't wait to get out of there, so I know what you mean. Just pullin yer leg!

Bullaholic
12-08-2005, 12:50 PM
ttt