PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Ratings?

ThaRealBulldog
02-16-2003, 01:28 PM
Who cares what your rating is? Whats the deal about ratings?

Keith7
02-16-2003, 02:13 PM
I've said the same thing.. but they wont listen dude

jason
02-16-2003, 08:33 PM
hey keith is finally catching on to the fact that nobody listens to him...haha :cool:

sinton66
02-16-2003, 09:58 PM
ThaRealBulldog:
Who cares what your rating is? Whats the deal about ratings?So, you and Keith7 are BOTH saying that you don't care what anyone else on this board thinks of you? Sorry, I find that hard to believe.

ThaRealBulldog
02-16-2003, 10:30 PM
Sinton66 your just mad cause Carthage will crush yall this year in baseball or anything. Where is Sinton anyway, in the valley somewhere???

sinton66
02-16-2003, 10:51 PM
Bubba, I'm not mad at all about anything. As far as the crushing thing, it's nice to have a dream, but don't confuse it with reality.

Keith7
02-16-2003, 11:03 PM
I really dont care.. if i did i would have my rating thing hidden so people wouldnt know that i only have 2 stars.. ratings are a load of crap

SintonFan_inAustin
02-16-2003, 11:28 PM
Sinton66 your just mad cause Carthage will crush yall this year in baseball or anything. Where is Sinton anyway, in the valley somewhere???

eek! eek! How can we be mad about Carthage crushing the pirates in baseball if we dont even know who the heck ya'll are or where ya'll even located at. :D :D somewhere up north! :D :D only thing i agree with u is the way this rating game is being used. well its apparentlng not here for long anyways. ratings should have been done for after u reached varasity status then by the amounts of posts done, like gaining a star for every 200 post or something like that. so like me i would be a 1 star :)

sinton66
02-18-2003, 08:12 AM
The ratings system, if used properly, is designed to encourage responsible, witty, and knowledgeable posting. The only problem I see with the system is that under the current set-up, it leaves itself wide open for abuse by immature posters. It's a sign of maturity to care what others think of you and to make an effort to articulate your postings in such a manner as to not be too offensive and thus make people mad at you. Personally, I don't think it's enough to just not get kicked off the site.

Old Cardinal
02-18-2003, 03:36 PM
To the real Bulldog from Carthage: The fact that you don't know Sinton's laurels on the Diamond, show that you have a real awakening in 3A level ball. You did not even make the Playoffs last year- and they won State. There are probably a dozen 3A teams that will embarrass you this year on the diamond.