PDA

View Full Version : Has the UIL ever eliminated a team during playoffs?

CenTexSports
12-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Rumors are not worth discussing but I was wondering if the UIL has ever taken a win away from a playoff team? If they did how is it handled?

KTJ
12-04-2005, 09:26 PM
If rumors aren't worth discussing, then why bring up this topic?

And the UIL did this not too long ago in a 5A State Championship game. I believe someone used an ineligible player, so some San Antonio school, which had already stored it's equipment away and everything, had literally a few hours to call their team, re-issue equpiment and head to the State Championship game.

It involved Katy, I know that.

CenTexSports
12-04-2005, 09:28 PM
It is a question that I had no answer to so I thought someone might know.

GS#17
12-04-2005, 09:28 PM
I know Dallas Carter had their state championship stripped from them about 15 years ago, and I'm pretty sure Katy had to forfeit a playoff win about 5-10 years ago. In the Katy case, the UIL contacted the losing team and had them re-issue gear and play the next round.

lostaussie
12-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Rumors are not worth discussing but I was wondering if the UIL has ever taken a win away from a playoff team? If they did how is it handled? do you know something we don't?

CenTexSports
12-04-2005, 09:32 PM
If you must know, I won a soda on the Yoe/Hutto game and the person that I won it from, called and asked if I lose the bet if the game is reversed. He said there were lots of rumors going around.

From what little I know of the Yoe folks, I do not think they would want to move forward because of this. They respect Hutto for the great game they played and wish them the best all the way to the championship.

But I really just wondered about the original question.

wos fan1
12-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
It is a question that I had no answer to so I thought someone might know. No, it was a good question.

3afan
12-04-2005, 09:33 PM
Katy was DQ'd after a semifinal win. the team they beat, SA Madison, had to get ready real in 2-3 days. they got beat something like 52-0 by Midland Lee in the title game.

WOS87
12-04-2005, 09:34 PM
It happened in 1993 to Permian... they won the 1st round game against Lubbock Coronado then they were found to have used an ineligible player and Coronado moved on to play the next week

sWaterislife
12-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Sweetwater got beat by Rockwall in the semi's one year and Rockwall went on to Lose in the finals.. They had payed the refs in our game.. And they put them on Probation.. Of course this is second hand knowledge.. So the details might not be exactly right...

Im pretty sure it was after 85...

Hupernikomen
12-04-2005, 10:22 PM
UIL not going to make Hutto forfeit over some free french fries or whatever someone may or may not have been given..if there was an ineligible player then yes it would happen..otherwise maybe an investigation and a warning/saction..that's what I think.

LewP
12-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Boy....that's a serious violation to get thrown out. I wonder how the teachers, pricipals, coaches don't catch that a player isn't eligible?

http://texnews.com/documents/gfn/slideshows/gfn120205/029.jpg

Hupernikomen
12-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by LewP
Boy....that's a serious violation to get thrown out. I wonder how the teachers, pricipals, coaches don't catch that a player isn't eligible?

http://texnews.com/documents/gfn/slideshows/gfn120205/029.jpg

what are you referring to?

Cardinalbb
12-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
what are you referring to?

I think he was being sarcastic.

LewP
12-04-2005, 11:10 PM
No...I am truly serious...if a player is ineligible...how do people not know at their own school??

yoemanfan98
12-04-2005, 11:26 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to hear tomorrow that the UIL has forfeited Hutto's win against Cameron. Wilder things have happened.

hutex04
12-04-2005, 11:30 PM
fat chance Yoe.

WORM
12-04-2005, 11:32 PM
in basketball 1992 liberty hill got kicked out for using an illegal player and somerville was put back in after a loss to lh that week!

rockdale80
12-04-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by yoemanfan98
I wouldn't be surprised to hear tomorrow that the UIL has forfeited Hutto's win against Cameron. Wilder things have happened.

Now you are holding on to a pipe dream. If I were Cameron I wouldnt want to advance under those circumstances anyway.

hutex04
12-04-2005, 11:39 PM
ifs these reports are true, i could see them get a slap on the wrist, but nothing more. Illegible player is much serious than kids getting a free 99cent burger

Crimestick
12-04-2005, 11:46 PM
Sweetwater got beat by Rockwall in the semi's one year and Rockwall went on to Lose in the finals.. They had payed the refs in our game.. And they put them on Probation.. Of course this is second hand knowledge.. So the details might not be exactly right...

Probably 1987: WO-S 17, Rockwall 7 :)

smustangs
12-05-2005, 03:09 AM
i agree i would rather take the loss and go home than take the loss and advance because of something like that because no matter what happens from then on out you know in your heart you dont truly deserve it

Mustangpride09
12-05-2005, 05:57 AM
So yoe can advance on to get embarassed by another team?
They dont deserve the win, Hutto won it fair and square.

3afan
12-05-2005, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
UIL not going to make Hutto forfeit over some free french fries or whatever someone may or may not have been given..if there was an ineligible player then yes it would happen..otherwise maybe an investigation and a warning/saction..that's what I think.

FYI, Katy's forfeit was for the team receiving some free meals ....

Owen B
12-05-2005, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
FYI, Katy's forfeit was for the team receiving some free meals ....
That was a separate incident, for which the UIL placed Katy on probation for a year. The forfeit was for playing an ineligible player. The kid, who only played in a couple of plays at the end of the game, had forged a teacher's signature on a falsified grade report. The administration discovered it after the semifinal game and reported it to the UIL.